Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

16 hours ago, CaptaPraelium said:

I think I may have found an issue with this. Something's not right with the BF1 vehicles. The tanks are SOOOO slow. It's like I set my mouse to 20 DPI.

BF1 vehicles are broken right now, use the in-game sensitivity version. The wiz altered the calculations recently and I think moved the decimal one over. For me, it recommends about 11% in game but in the config the calcuator says 0.016009 . This would be like under 1% in game. Use the in-game sensitivity, it is "close enough".

I should clarify, someone posted about an error in the cavalry sensitivity, I "think" the Wiz altered vehicle sens when he fixed it. Regardless, the problem with the calculation right now is large enough that an 11% becomes less than 1% on the config file versus the in-game. My first logical conclusion is a decimal error because of the discrepancy, but I don't know.

11% is  0.165000 to give you an exact idea. So .165000 compared to .016009.

Edited by Bryjoe

Sorry Wizard, I think there may still be a small issue... The vehicles sensitivity seems correct now, but for the Heavy tank/Cavalry I get a very low number and cavalry actually gives me the "sensitivity too low" error.

Battlefield 1 (Vehicles - File) - Light tanks / Heavy tanks
Sensitivity 1:
GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle 0.185639           <<<<<---------------  LOOKS GOOD NOW THX :)
Multiplier 1:
GstInput.VehicleSensitivityTank 0.133261            <<<<<---------------  TOO SMALL
360° rotation:
67.9704 cm
Base length:
40.624 cm

Discrepancy: 0% (0 cm)
Config FOV:
GstRender.FieldOfViewVertical 80
Actual VFOV:
50 degrees
Actual HFOV:
79.32 degrees
11 hours ago, CaptaPraelium said:

Sorry Wizard, I think there may still be a small issue... The vehicles sensitivity seems correct now, but for the Heavy tank/Cavalry I get a very low number and cavalry actually gives me the "sensitivity too low" error.

Battlefield 1 (Vehicles - File) - Light tanks / Heavy tanks
Sensitivity 1:
GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle 0.185639           <<<<<---------------  LOOKS GOOD NOW THX :)
Multiplier 1:
GstInput.VehicleSensitivityTank 0.133261            <<<<<---------------  TOO SMALL
360° rotation:
67.9704 cm
Base length:
40.624 cm

Discrepancy: 0% (0 cm)
Config FOV:
Actual VFOV:
50 degrees
Actual HFOV:
79.32 degrees

Are you using viewspeed? I think the Heavy Tank has a lower FOV. Also, I think it might be best to just match the vehicle sens on 360 because of how often you use them in 3rd person and how much less precise FOV accurate aiming matters in a tank.

Where it gets tricky is the cavalry. It always is in 3rd person, but I wonder if it is worth matching the FOV for the aimed portion, I would lean towards no, because like every vehicle, I think your movement is more important.

Edited by Bryjoe

Sorry to make you fiddle with it mate. Heavy tanks look good now - FYI I previously had 1.51...

GstInput.VehicleSensitivityTank 1.491966

Cavalry is still giving me the error though :(

Battlefield 1 (Vehicles - File) - Cavalry (USA ON)
Sensitivity 1:
Calculated sensitivity too low
Reduce either sensitivity 1 or new DPI
Multiplier 1:
-
360° rotation:
Recommended new max DPI: 600 DPI
Base length:
cm

Discrepancy: % ( cm)
Config FOV:
Actual VFOV:
80 degrees
Actual HFOV:
112.33 degrees

OK so my new mouse sensitivity 'clicked' tonight, and holy mackeroli. Man, I hit some absolutely insane shots. Depending on playstyle, my stats basically improved by about 150% in either score per minute or KD ratio or kills per minute. It's like I'm me-and-a-half.

Definitely putting my stamp of approval on your formula Drimzi. I'm done testing. This is the beez kneez. Well done and thank you.

Edited by CaptaPraelium

All of the above :)

Some examples: an ELEVEN second flight time tank shot on a bomber. From A on Empire's Edge to beyond F.
Hitting 8 planes in  a row on Monte Grappa
Being shot in the back with an automatico at 6m range, do a 180 and quickscope him in the face.
An off-screen dragscope headshot on a full-speed running horse through smoke.
At least 5 20-kill streaks as infantry.
Shot out 3 aircrew (A pilot and two gunners)
Jumpshots and a nice 180 jumpshot quickscope at 96 metres (yes I was trickshotting in BF1)
I'm OK at this game but that was a really good night by my standards.

Edited by CaptaPraelium
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, JayCapo said:

Would V1 or V2 be better for  H1Z1 to CSGO hipfire training?  Would I use Horizontal degrees based on 4:3 ?

They really are extremely similar. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of each, but Viewspeed V2 is superior as it works better at the extreme ends of FOV. Viewspeed 2 is a faster conversion, but not by much. Use Viewspeed 2 unless for some reason you like the lower sensitivity the the original viewspeed offers. 

Viewspeed 2 should feel identical to CSGO default AWP sens in most situations. You sensitivity increases and decreases based on your FOV, so if you are unscoped you will move faster, if you are scoped you will move slower, it sound counterintuitive but it really is the best way to do things.

If you like consistent movement, you can use 360 distance, but I recommend matching FOV if you want to use 360 distance. Actually, if you match FOV, Viewspeed is meaningless in hipfire.

Edited by Bryjoe