Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Sector's Edge

3 hours ago, DebilDonut said:

This feels off to me. It seems really high. Is it possible there is a mistake in the calculations?

It's probably because most ads fov in games are usually lower but sectors edge seems to have a decently high ads fov when compared to other games. Maybe you're not use to it?

• Wizard
8 hours ago, DebilDonut said:

This feels off to me. It seems really high. Is it possible there is a mistake in the calculations?

No, it's spot on. It's even confirmed by a post from the devs.

The game does have some negative acceleration though, which will affect you differently depending on a lot of factors. It might be that this is your issue.

12 hours ago, Equaus said:

It's probably because most ads fov in games are usually lower but sectors edge seems to have a decently high ads fov when compared to other games. Maybe you're not use to it?

I will have to compare hipfire sens to ads sens to see if this is what was throwing me off. I don't remember off the top of my head.

6 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, it's spot on. It's even confirmed by a post from the devs.

The game does have some negative acceleration though, which will affect you differently depending on a lot of factors. It might be that this is your issue.

What does negative acceleration mean? I tried googling it and found nothing helpful.

Also, does anyone know the default sens settings? They felt decently comfortable.

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, DebilDonut said:

What does negative acceleration mean? I tried googling it and found nothing helpful.

Negative acceleration basically means that the rotation in-game is shorter than in should be based on either settings, movement speed or both. So say you want a 360 distance of 10 inches and if you move the mouse slowly you get 10 inches, but if you move very quickly you might get for instance 12 inches. It might also always be longer regardless of movement speed due to other factors. This means the game is either missing some reports from the mouse, or registering them as shorter than they should be. Reducing report rate in the mouse driver often helps with this issues, as quite a lot of games struggle with 1000 Hz (reports are coming too fast for the game to process). I'm not sure if this is the issue with this game in particular though, but it's worth a shot.

I might not be interpreting negative monitor match correctly, but it looks like ironsight isn't being appropriately affected by changes to the %.

The 2x and 4x are significantly changed, but the ironsight only changes by the slightest amount. 

For context I was playing Sector's Edge before the scope conversions were out so I had to experiment to find which performed best, and now that we have the conversions I wanted to check if the settings I chose aligned with a particular %MM. 

Edited by Struth
  • 5 months later...

12 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Other than the menus being a bit shuffled around I couldn't find anything new. Did you have some specific in mind that doesn't work?

I know I mentioned you but truth be told I'm only coming back to the game now after months.
I read some patch notes and one particular from December last year included a change for 2X and 4X scopes.

2X and 4X scoped FOV is now independent of the Field of View setting

A user above my original reply also made note of this. Am I wrong to assume that this would make the current calculator incorrect?

Edited by d0shie
  • 2 years later...