Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Fortnite

On 7/26/2017 at 4:37 AM, DPI Wizard said:

Thanks, updated the info on the game to include this. Doing this changes the FOV from 80 degrees horizontal to 80 degrees vertical. The sensitivity (360 distance) is actually not affected by this, so I've updated the formula as well. If you do this change, make sure you set the FOV to 80 Vertical Degrees in the calculator.

Hi does this method still work? Can a mod confirm? Thx

• 2 weeks later...

400 DPI and 0.10 sensitivity somehow isn't the same as 800 DPI and 0.05 sensitivity. Tried this by just moving my mouse across my mousepad but when I use 800 dpi it does like an extra 45 degrees. The converter tells me it's the same.

• Wizard
20 minutes ago, kwertie said:

400 DPI and 0.10 sensitivity somehow isn't the same as 800 DPI and 0.05 sensitivity. Tried this by just moving my mouse across my mousepad but when I use 800 dpi it does like an extra 45 degrees. The converter tells me it's the same.

Save the World or Battle Royale? Save the World has acceleration issues.

I've been told that fortnite BR doesn't use mouse acceleration at all anymore. The option bDisableMouseAcceleration is still in the GameUserSettings.ini and when I change it to true, I feel it change my sensitivity in-game even though the numbers are the same. It keeps setting it back to false every time I close the game so I made it read-only. Is there actually mouse acceleration in the game or does the value just add/remove a static factor in overall sensitivity. I noticed the guided rocket launcher had a much slower sensitivity with acceleration off.

• Wizard
16 minutes ago, DarkFaith said:

I've been told that fortnite BR doesn't use mouse acceleration at all anymore. The option bDisableMouseAcceleration is still in the GameUserSettings.ini and when I change it to true, I feel it change my sensitivity in-game even though the numbers are the same. It keeps setting it back to false every time I close the game so I made it read-only. Is there actually mouse acceleration in the game or does the value just add/remove a static factor in overall sensitivity. I noticed the guided rocket launcher had a much slower sensitivity with acceleration off.

Just verified, no acceleration in BR regardless of the bDisableMouseAcceleration settings. Save the World still has issues though.

• 4 weeks later...

For the life of me I cannot get the sensitivity in fortnite to be consistent with aim hero or csgo.  I've used High DPI settings on gaming mice for over ten years so I go for abnormally low sensitivities.  My CSGO sens is .27.  The conversion suggested was .01 for fortnite. The difference between fortnite's game setting of .1 is only slightly faster, but not ten times faster as than my csgo sens.

Similarly, converting my settings from fortnite into Aim hero has an aim hero sensitivity suggestion of 2.949128, which is completely bonkers fast.  I can do something like 3 360 turns or some such nonsense in aim hero.  How do I do my own monitor measurements without the human error of my hand?  I want to do a 360 test with confidence.

I am a complete and utter moron.... Fortnite sens was at .01.  Still, the new aim hero suggestion of 0.313828 is completely ludicrous.  My apologies for the double post.  I tried to delete this post it and update the one above.

I used the 360 degree indicator in fortnite and came up with roughly 17 inches to achieve a 273 degree turn.

Edited by h0bgawblin
4 hours ago, h0bgawblin said:

I am a complete and utter moron.... Fortnite sens was at .01.  Still, the new aim hero suggestion of 0.313828 is completely ludicrous.  My apologies for the double post.  I tried to delete this post it and update the one above.

I used the 360 degree indicator in fortnite and came up with roughly 17 inches to achieve a 273 degree turn.

You can use a script to test 360 degree turns without human error.

Anyway, it looks like ur results are wrong from a glance as I know for a fact that source/quake sensitivity is 25.25x higher than Fortnite.

In your case, 0.01 should return 0.2525 for aim hero and csgo.

@Drimzi, Worked on it a bit last night in the middle of the night.  There were some settings in aim hero that were off.  I figured I was making some sort of mistake for sure.  .31 for csgo is accurate.  Aim hero has a fortnite option that I had selected and so, of course, it was way higher.  Last time I sit down and try to figure out something after a long shift :D

Thank you for the reply!

Kind of... but not really, since hipfire and ADS have the exact same FOV, they should have the same sensitivity. ADS should be 1.00.

All calculations on this site use FOV, camera distance is not taken into account, so if you modify the sensitivity for ADS due to camera distance (ADS just moves the camera, fov is unchanged), then no conversion method is going to replicate that. Since camera distance is not modified for snipers, it would make more sense to convert from hipfire instead, so that snipers aren't getting that sensitivity reduction.

Edited by Drimzi
5 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Kind of... but not really, since hipfire and ADS have the exact same FOV, they should have the same sensitivity. ADS should be 1.00.

All calculations on this site use FOV, camera distance is not taken into account, so if you modify the sensitivity for ADS due to camera distance (ADS just moves the camera, fov is unchanged), then no conversion method is going to replicate that. Since camera distance is not modified for snipers, it would make more sense to convert from hipfire instead, so that snipers aren't getting that sensitivity reduction.

Oh ok i understand what you're saying so it should be like this

fortnite mouse 2.png

Yeah that would make more sense. You can keep the 0.72 ads sensitivity if you prefer it to slow down by an arbitrary amount.

If you are converting from another game, ADS will not be 1.00, only because the hipfire sensitivity is rounded to 2 decimals, which results in a poor conversion. Since ADS is a multiplier for the hipfire sensitivity, it can achieve a more precise result with less discrepancy, that is the only reason why ADS may result in 0.98 or something.

Edited by Drimzi