Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Fortnite

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I am so confused, I have 2.23 sensitivity in CSGO at 1440x1080 and i need to convert it over to Fortnite. I've tried using the mentioned program but when I change my x/y sensitivity in the clientsettings program, my in game sensitivity is extremely high. I am starting to get a bit frustrated.

1 hour ago, phaseout said:

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I am so confused, I have 2.23 sensitivity in CSGO at 1440x1080 and i need to convert it over to Fortnite. I've tried using the mentioned program but when I change my x/y sensitivity in the clientsettings program, my in game sensitivity is extremely high. I am starting to get a bit frustrated.

I make this mistake myself a lot but could it be that you're missing out a zero? I always input my sens in Fortnite as 0.9 instead of 0.09 which can result in an extremely high sens.

Edited by quantumdrone
4 hours ago, phaseout said:

If you read though this whole thread in Its entirety things will become much more clear. The calculators on this site are extremely accurate. Use the client settings editor in combination with the calculators here and you will be able to get perfect 1 to 1 between your CSGO sensitivity and Fortnite. 

9 minutes ago, AshenOne said:

If you read though this whole thread in Its entirety things will become much more clear. The calculators on this site are extremely accurate. Use the client settings editor in combination with the calculators here and you will be able to get perfect 1 to 1 between your CSGO sensitivity and Fortnite. 

I don't think the calculators work for stretched resolutions, which I think he is using for CS:GO.

23 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

If you are using stretched please stop lol... it doesn't do anything and only makes converting sensitivity a headache

I mean a ton of pro players use it because it makes the in-game models larger and easier to hit, though it does make them move faster on your screen. I don't use it personally, but a lot of pros do.

3 hours ago, heybg2 said:

I mean a ton of pro players use it because it makes the in-game models larger and easier to hit, though it does make them move faster on your screen. I don't use it personally, but a lot of pros do.

They make them bigger at the expense of decreasing horizontal FOV. I can imagine that the added zoom could help a little because you can't ADS in CS:GO when you want to shoot long range targets. But if your sensitivity makes it too hard to do that then you should probably decrease it anyway. Either way it doesn't make that much of a difference. It looks wonky and makes converting sensitivity a headache.

Ugh, sorry guys. I am an idiot, in the converter I was not selecting Savefile under location. Previously it was giving me a way too high sensitivity, but after selecting the SaveFile option it gave me the correct conversion. In terms of the stretched screen on csgo, old habits die hard. I don't particularly play the game as much I used to, but I played counterstrike for a long time and used the same sensitivity throughout the years. With muscle memory, it would be a lost easier to convert my cs sensitivity to fortnite to a 1:1 ratio.

11 hours ago, potato psoas said:

They make them bigger at the expense of decreasing horizontal FOV. I can imagine that the added zoom could help a little because you can't ADS in CS:GO when you want to shoot long range targets. But if your sensitivity makes it too hard to do that then you should probably decrease it anyway. Either way it doesn't make that much of a difference. It looks wonky and makes converting sensitivity a headache.

I mean, it makes the target 33% larger so it's significantly easier to hit your shots. The same goes for hipfire and ads, both are 33% larger. Also in Fortnite and some other games, it does not decrease the HFOV at all, in fact it increases the VFOV so you can see even more information.

11 hours ago, heybg2 said:

I mean, it makes the target 33% larger so it's significantly easier to hit your shots. The same goes for hipfire and ads, both are 33% larger. Also in Fortnite and some other games, it does not decrease the HFOV at all, in fact it increases the VFOV so you can see even more information.

Yeah I understand that it helps, it's just a headache.

3 minutes ago, Watchdog said:

What's the headache, all you have to do is type in the resolution in the boxes? Is there something I'm missing?

Not all games allow you to set a different x and y sensitivity, and stretching in particular just looks stupid. With a game like CS:GO it's probably okay because you can't change your FOV or ADS (at least for most guns), so a bit of extra zoom helps for long range targets. But if you ask me, you should set your sensitivity lower if you have problems with precision aiming.

Just now, potato psoas said:

Not all games allow you to set a different x and y sensitivity, and stretching in particular just looks stupid. With a game like CS:GO it's probably okay because you can't change your FOV or ADS (at least for most guns), so a bit of extra zoom helps for long range targets. But if you ask me, you should set your sensitivity lower if you have problems with precision aiming.

Also, I'm pretty sure the calculator doesn't take into account stretched resolutions. Essentially, since your stretching the screen, your sensitivity would feel faster in whichever dimension you stretch it.

5 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

Ohhh, I see. Yeah, I've tried that resolution, it makes things look horrible and harder to see the details of players at longer range.

Edited by Watchdog
3 hours ago, StoCS said:

I have a question. I know this site is all about converting sens from game to game, i need to know the best way to find my perfect sens for any/every game so i can actually get a proper value to convert

Not sure how the calculator can tell you your perfect value for everything, but maybe you will find this helpful. I can tell you how to calculate your "input : output ratio". You move your hand x number of units, the cursor moves y number of units, with units being whatever you want, cm, inch, whatever. You could then change your settings to achieve a nice ratio, like 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, etc. if you think that will be beneficial. Think of this as the universal sensitivity value.

Don't worry about the calculation being purely two dimensional, as you can then convert this to games using 0% monitor match. The input required to register an output will net the same results in 3D and 2D, where in 2D a registered output will result in an increment of 1 pixel, and in 3D, the rotational increment will be equal to the angle within a theoretical pixel in the exact center of the screen.

The calculation uses monitor size as well as resolution, so this means that the sensitivity needs to scale with the physical dimensions of the monitor, which makes sense as a larger monitor would have pixels spaced further apart, so the output will be greater on a larger screen and require a lower CPI to match a smaller screen. Since game sensitivity is calculated by resolution only, the change in CPI due to physical dimensions will also result in a change in cm/360 (which is perfectly fine).

First thing I would do is convert everything back to square dimensions (kind of unnecessary in this specific case but whatever).

Use wolframalpha for calculations.

SquareScreenSize = (ScreenSize * SquarePixels) / sqrt(VerticalPixels^2 + HorizontalPixels^2)

SquarePixels = Minimum measurement of your resolution, if 1920x1080, then 1080.

Screen size = the marketed diagonal inches of the panel (the panel is excluding bezels).

Result: Output

Substitute the values, and the result will be the output in the ratio. So if the result was 5, then you have a 1:5 ratio.

InputOutputRatio = SquareScreenSize / (SquarePixels / (CPI * WPS * DisplayScaling))

WPS and DisplayScaling are multipliers for Windows sensitivity, they are equal to 1 if you have 6/11 and 100%

Example for 400 CPI and a 1920x1080 240Hz monitor (24.5" Panel). 1:4.45 ratio.

Result: CPI

Substitute the values, and the result will be the CPI required to achieve your desired ratio.

(InputOutputRatio * SquarePixels)/(SquareScreenSize * WPS * DisplayScaling)

With this you can calculate your *perfect* ratio, and can find the specific CPI required for your screen. Then you can convert from Windows/Desktop with this CPI, using 0% monitor match to your games. You then have a single sensitivity that you can transfer to any monitor, to any game, 2D or 3D. Finding your perfect value is going to be entirely up to you though, and the journey could be long.

Edited by Drimzi
3 hours ago, StoCS said:

I have a question. I know this site is all about converting sens from game to game, i need to know the best way to find my perfect sens for any/every game so i can actually get a proper value to convert

http://slikts.github.io/sensfinder/

This is the best system I have found so far. Not an expert though and I did end up increasing my sens after months due to it being too slow for shotgun fights, but it's a good start.

10 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Not sure how the calculator can tell you your perfect value for everything, but maybe you will find this helpful. I can tell you how to calculate your "input : output ratio". You move your hand x number of units, the cursor moves y number of units, with units being whatever you want, cm, inch, whatever. You could then change your settings to achieve a nice ratio, like 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, etc. if you think that will be beneficial. Think of this as the universal sensitivity value.

Don't worry about the calculation being purely two dimensional, as you can then convert this to games using 0% monitor match. The input required to register an output will net the same results in 3D and 2D, where in 2D a registered output will result in an increment of 1 pixel, and in 3D, the rotational increment will be equal to the angle within a theoretical pixel in the exact center of the screen.

The calculation uses monitor size as well as resolution, so this means that the sensitivity needs to scale with the physical dimensions of the monitor, which makes sense as a larger monitor would have pixels spaced further apart, so the output will be greater on a larger screen and require a lower CPI to match a smaller screen. Since game sensitivity is calculated by resolution only, the change in CPI due to physical dimensions will also result in a change in cm/360 (which is perfectly fine).

First thing I would do is convert everything back to square dimensions (kind of unnecessary in this specific case but whatever).

Use wolframalpha for calculations.

SquareScreenSize = (ScreenSize * SquarePixels) / sqrt(VerticalPixels^2 + HorizontalPixels^2)

SquarePixels = Minimum measurement of your resolution, if 1920x1080, then 1080.

Screen size = the marketed diagonal inches of the panel (the panel is excluding bezels).

Result: Output

Substitute the values, and the result will be the output in the ratio. So if the result was 5, then you have a 1:5 ratio.

InputOutputRatio = SquareScreenSize / (SquarePixels / (CPI * WPS * DisplayScaling))

WPS and DisplayScaling are multipliers for Windows sensitivity, they are equal to 1 if you have 6/11 and 100%

Example for 400 CPI and a 1920x1080 240Hz monitor (24.5" Panel). 1:4.45 ratio.

Result: CPI

Substitute the values, and the result will be the CPI required to achieve your desired ratio.

(InputOutputRatio * SquarePixels)/(SquareScreenSize * WPS * DisplayScaling)

With this you can calculate your *perfect* ratio, and can find the specific CPI required for your screen. Then you can convert from Windows/Desktop with this CPI, using 0% monitor match to your games. You then have a single sensitivity that you can transfer to any monitor, to any game, 2D or 3D. Finding your perfect value is going to be entirely up to you though, and the journey could be long.

I don't know too much about the sensitivity stuff but i still tried.

From the first step i got:

SquareScreenSize = (25 * 1080) / sqrt(1080^2 + 1920^2) = 12.25 --- I guess this means i have a 1:12.25   ratio

I have a DPI of 400 and i WPS of 6/11 and Display Scaling of 100%

When i did the second step i got:

InputOutputRatio = ((25 * 1080) / sqrt(1080^2 + 1920^2) ) / (1080 / (400 * 1 * 1)) = 4.53

The last calculation i got 

(4.53 * 1080)/(12.25 * 1 * 1) = 399.37

I did all the calculations but i don't understand how this will help me get a perfect fortnite sens. I'm also confused about the ration thing. I read from earlier posts that if someone had a 1:1 ratio there cursor would move the same x:y value. Can anyone simplify this and tell me what to do get the best sensitivity?

I Put the values in the sensitivity calculator and got a fortntie sensitivity of 0.08

The one im using right now is 0.05 and 0.04

Screenshot (428).png

Edited by StoCS