Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Insurgency

4 minutes ago, sidtai817 said:

I prefer to adjust my sensitivity based on what I see inside the scope, not outside. Now I just need the factor for when cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 1. At least I can optimize my sensitivity for one magnification level.

Fair enough, but then the issue becomes that the second zoom level and every other scope feels wrong. What I did was the closest I could find to CS:GO/USA if we ignore the FOV inside the scope.

12 minutes ago, sidtai817 said:

Okay I did some testing and found that irons, red dot and holo scales with your FOV, and there are two sets of magnification. For everything except Mosin, M40 and pistols, its 1.56x. For Mosin, M40 and pistols, it is 1.19x.

For everything at and above 2x, FOV is fixed and independent of your hip FOV. Due to the game using the 4:3 FOV convention, I would bet that they are using that FOV for scopes as well. In terms of 4:3 FOV in degrees:

2x: 46.8

3.4x: 33.5

4x: 28.8

7x: 18.8

8.7x: 17.2 

Interesting. That would means the listed zoom factors are inaccurate.

tan(90°/2)/tan(46.8°/2) = 2.3x

tan(90°/2)/tan(46.8°/2) = 3.3x

tan(90°/2)/tan(28.8°/2) = 3.9x

tan(90°/2)/tan(18.8°/2) = 6x

tan(90°/2)/tan(17.2°/2) = 6.6x

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, banSensitivity said:

It feels too slow at 1.00, I'd like it to match viewspeed v2 settings that I can use in other games.

1.00 irons is zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 1, which is 75% MM or the same as CS:GO default. Unless you're talking about scoped sens? That's different then.

Edited by octiceps
10 minutes ago, octiceps said:

1.00 irons is zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 1, which is 75% MM or the same as CS:GO default. Unless you're talking about scoped sens? That's different then.

I don't really play CSGO anymore, my sensitivity there was 1, but I never used scoped rifles. What I've done is convert CSGO  sensitivity to Battlefield 1 using vfov 74 and viewspeed 2, I then inputed all the calculated values of various zoom levels into the config file. I tested it and they feel nice, the aim transfers well. Now I'd like the same for Insurgency but there's no Ironsight sensitivity scale on this site.

1 minute ago, banSensitivity said:

I don't really play CSGO anymore, my sensitivity there was 1, but I never used scoped rifles. What I've done is convert CSGO  sensitivity to Battlefield 1 using vfov 74 and viewspeed 2, I then inputed all the calculated values of various zoom levels into the config file. I tested it and they feel nice, the aim transfers well. Now I'd like the same for Insurgency but there's no Ironsight sensitivity scale on this site.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Uniform Soldier Aiming in Battlefield the same as 75% MM or zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 1?

6 minutes ago, octiceps said:

zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 0.818933027098955175

Thanks my dude!

Edit: Realised this was the same as monitor matching the zoom 1 for the awp in csgo. This number changes depending on the weapon zooms. Would 0.81... match all scopes and zooms at 0% in insurgency or is it only for irons?

Edited by jabbothehut
16 minutes ago, octiceps said:

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Uniform Soldier Aiming in Battlefield the same as 75% MM or zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 1?

I'm not sure what the 75% monitor distance is but the formula for uniform aiming looks pretty complex (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum/topic/2747-battlefield-uniform-soldier-aiming-formula/?do=findComment&comment=10657). I have it off anyway and calculated each zoom level value using viewspeed v2, the site enables it.

Now I'd like the same zoom feeling in Insurgency where I use FOV 90 and sensitivity 1. Until I find one I'll use a lower FOV and disable the ironsight zoom.

Edited by banSensitivity
25 minutes ago, jabbothehut said:

Thanks my dude!

Edit: Realised this was the same as monitor matching the zoom 1 for the awp in csgo. This number changes depending on the weapon zooms. Would 0.81... match all scopes and zooms at 0% in insurgency or is it only for irons?

On second thought, I don't know what the exact FOV and zoom factors for the different ironsights and scopes on a default config are, so that number is most likely wrong.

I'm using cl_ads_fov_scale 0, so ironsights don't zoom in at all,  therefore ironsight sensitivity scale is at 1.00 because ironsight ADS and hipfire FOVs are identical.

Scope sensitivity scale I also have at 1.00, but I'm using cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 0, which uses world FOV for sens scaling when scoped (same as RO2/RS/RS2) because I feel that the default behavior (sens scaling using FOV inside scope) is much too slow at the higher zooms.

Anyway that's what works for me, instead of overthinking the myriad sensitivities in this game that is a bit of a clusterfuck.

Edited by octiceps
9 minutes ago, banSensitivity said:

I'm not sure what the 75% monitor distance is but the formula for uniform aiming looks pretty complex (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum/topic/2747-battlefield-uniform-soldier-aiming-formula/?do=findComment&comment=10657). I have it off anyway and calculated each zoom level value using viewspeed v2, the site enables it.

Now I'd like the same zoom feeling in Insurgency where I use FOV 90 and sensitivity 1. Until I find one I'll use a lower FOV and disable the ironsight zoom.

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494051524581/

7 hours ago, octiceps said:

Ok, cool. The difference between custom sensitivity with viewspeed v2 and uniform soldier aiming with the default 1.33 coefficient is <2%, same as in CSGO scoped in sensitivity. My problem is that Insurgency ads sensitivity at 1 doesn't feel like that at all.

I will  reset my settings again today and try figuring it out.

6 hours ago, banSensitivity said:

How do I calculate what FOV the default cl_ads_fov_scale 1.0 gives, someone mentioned it's 1.56x zoom but I'm finding conflicting answers on how to calculate the actual FOV from that.

If it really is 1.56x zoom then it's 2*atan(1/1.56*tan(hipfov/2)). You can roughly measure the zoom ratio by measuring the size of something in and out ADS. The ratio of these (with the larger measurement as the numerator) is the zoom.

E.g. with the 2x scope and 86.604279° fov:

qwRwbyf.png

36COX1A.png

And I get ~2.1x zoom and an FOV of 48.39 http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=360%2Fpi*arctan(155%2F325.1+tan(86.604279°%2F2)). This could actually just be 2x flat due to measuring errors due to scope sway and human error.

Edited by Skwuruhl
  • 2 months later...

Hi DPI Wizard,

I was wondering if you could help me with insurgency!

I'm having trouble matching my hip-fire sensitivity to the ak and m4 iron sights, kobra and dot sight.
There is a config option to turn ads zoom off which eliminates the problem.
Although I prefer to have the ads zoom on as I have the fox maxed out and its difficult to be accurate with 110fov ads.
The closest I have  concluded to is zoom or scope sensitivity at about 1.4 but it doesn't feel quite right.

Due sandstorm coming out so soon, I'm sure there are a few on here that would love vanilla insurgency scopes updated on your calculator.

Cheers
-FR33THY

• 2 weeks later...

If it helps anyone out there, I had to manually measure myself.
Just to confirm I have a 110 fov and when you ads it zooms in.
I wanted X sensitivity hip-fire 360deg to match X sensitivity iron sights/all scope sights 360deg.

INSURGENCY
in the config
sensitivity "X"
zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "1.0"
cl_zoom_sensitivity "1.66"
cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scaled "1"
cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope "0"
cl_zoom_sensitivity_scope "1.66"
cl_zoom_sensitivity_scope_uses_irons_scale "0"

DAY OF INFAMY
cl_zoom_sensitivity "1.33"
cl_zoom_sensitivity_scope "1.33"

This works even for all sight attachments including sniper scopes.

Cheers

• 5 months later...