Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Insurgency

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wizard

I'm having problem with getting Insurgency saving my sensitivity.  I change in the config.cfg and save the file.

But when I open Insugency up, it's back at 6.0 (default). Why?  Anything I'm doing wrong?

You can try to make the config.cfg file read-only. Or set the sensitivity in-game if the precision is good enough with two decimals.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could you add ADS sensitivity for iron sights and scopes.

I second this! There are now scaling options for scopes and irons in the game! Would be so good to have those calculations!

I third this. :)

If you want 1:1 hipfire to sight/scope sensitivity (FOV scaled), type in console (~):

cl_zoom_sensitivity 1
cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scaled 1
cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 0
cl_zoom_sensitivity_scope 1
cl_zoom_sensitivity_scope_uses_irons_scale 0

zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 1
Edited by octiceps
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sidtai817 said:

Any updates on Insurgency/Day of Infamy? I have been looking for the ADS and scope scaling for a while but can't find anything. I want ADS to match the monitor distance.

Just use the console commands in my post above yours, that's 75% monitor distance same as CS:GO default. If you want a different % then change zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse.

45 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I will look at it tomorrow. Anyone knows if it's possible to disable weapon-sway through console?

Are you talking about scope sway or free aim? They're game mechanics, you can't disable either unless you deploy bipod, which restricts turn rate and distance.

• Wizard
7 minutes ago, octiceps said:

Are you talking about scope sway or free aim? They're game mechanics, you can't disable either unless you deploy bipod, which restricts turn rate and distance.

Was thinking about scope sway, I guess I'll just have to handle it... Makes analyzing it a bit harder :)

5 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

This game scales very weirdly with the scopes and FOV... Not sure what to make of it yet. And the fact that it only really zooms the scope makes it even weirder.

Take a look at the console commands in my post. I experimented with this stuff a few months ago.

Of particular importance is this command:

"cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope" = "0" ( def. "1" ) client archive                - If off, FOV sens scaling uses world FOV with scopes

Insurgency is fairly unique in using a dual viewport for its scope rendering, meaning the FOV inside the scope is different (it's zoomed in more) from the FOV outside the scope. With cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope at its default of 1, sens scaling when scoping in is based on the FOV inside the scope, which is much too slow at higher scope magnification levels. Changing cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope to 0 uses world FOV (the FOV outside the scope) for sens scaling, which feels natural regardless of scope zoom.

Set up those commands the way I have listed in my post, and you can just use zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse to adjust monitor distance % the same way you would in CS:GO.

Edited by octiceps
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, octiceps said:

Just use the console commands in my post above yours, that's 75% monitor distance same as CS:GO default. If you want a different % then change zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse.

I am going to try it out soon and use my own calculated values, but one problem I'm thinking of is the different zoom levels of scopes, even iron sights have different FOVs between pistol irons and assault rifle irons.

Edit: Also thinking about it, I need the actual VFOV values to calculate the 75% monitor distance right?

Edited by sidtai817
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, octiceps said:

I have just tried your settings and yes it feels very much like the 75% monitor distance scaling. Thank you very much. I at first did not understand that because you said it was 1:1 scaling, I was thinking of 1:1 360degree distance scaling, which I definitely do not want.

It would still be good to find out the values for each magnification and FOV though, for academic purposes.

9 hours ago, sidtai817 said:

I am going to try it out soon and use my own calculated values, but one problem I'm thinking of is the different zoom levels of scopes, even iron sights have different FOVs between pistol irons and assault rifle irons.

Edit: Also thinking about it, I need the actual VFOV values to calculate the 75% monitor distance right?

I should mention that I'm also using cl_ads_fov_scale 0, which makes all ironsights and 1x optics keep the same FOV in ADS as in hipfire (there is no zoom at all).

8 hours ago, sidtai817 said:

I have just tried your settings and yes it feels very much like the 75% monitor distance scaling. Thank you very much. I at first did not understand that because you said it was 1:1 scaling, I was thinking of 1:1 360degree distance scaling, which I definitely do not want.

It would still be good to find out the values for each magnification and FOV though, for academic purposes.

If you're talking about the FOV inside the scope (not world FOV outside), I believe you can work backward from the zoom factor, assuming the listed zoom factor of each scope is correct.

So for default 90 FOV:

2x RDS: 2=tan(90°/2)/tan(x/2), x≈53°

C79 (3.4x): 3.4=tan(90°/2)/tan(x/2), x≈33°

PO (4x): 4=tan(90°/2)/tan(x/2), x≈28°

7x Scope: 7=tan(90°/2)/tan(x/2), x≈16°

Mk4 (8.7x): 8.7=tan(90°/2)/tan(x/2), x≈13°

Okay I have found that the settings suggested by octiceps only scales your sensitivity based on FOV outside your scope. And for sniper rifles the FOV outside the scope is the same as that of a pistol, while for assault rifles the ADS FOV for irons, red dot, and holo is lower than that of the sniper rifles, even they are using the same sight.

Also, when cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 1, it applies a constant slowing factor to the sensitivity, instead of a scope specific factor. And my guess would be that the scope sensitivity setting also affects all zoom levels at and above 2x equally. I am quite disappointed because I am coming from Battlefield where Universal Soldier Aiming applies a different factor to match your monitor distance based on your FOV and the scope FOV.

Okay I have found that the settings suggested by octiceps only scales your sensitivity based on FOV outside your scope.

Like I said, cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 0 uses world FOV for sens scaling instead of scope FOV. This is what most people are used to in traditional shooters that don't use dual viewport scope rendering.

And for sniper rifles the FOV outside the scope is the same as that of a pistol, while for assault rifles the ADS FOV for irons, red dot, and holo is lower than that of the sniper rifles, even they are using the same sight.

Or just use cl_ads_fov_scale 0, this keeps ADS FOV the same as hipfire FOV when you ADS with all 1x or iron sights. Really useful in CQC, and you can still zoom in with SHIFT if you want. Additionally, cl_ads_weapon_fov_scale 1.3 moves the gun farther away from your face when ADSing, reducing viewmodel size and clutter and increasing visibility.

Also, when cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 1, it applies a constant slowing factor to the sensitivity, instead of a scope specific factor. And my guess would be that the scope sensitivity setting also affects all zoom levels at and above 2x equally. I am quite disappointed because I am coming from Battlefield where Universal Soldier Aiming applies a different factor to match your monitor distance based on your FOV and the scope FOV.

That's why you use cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 0. It also fixes the issue where the second level of zoom (when you hold SHIFT while ADSed/scoped) is more sensitive than the first level of zoom.

Edited by octiceps

Okay I did some testing and found that irons, red dot and holo scales with your FOV, and there are two sets of magnification. For everything except Mosin, M40 and pistols, its 1.56x. For Mosin, M40 and pistols, it is 1.19x.

For everything at and above 2x, FOV is fixed and independent of your hip FOV. Due to the game using the 4:3 FOV convention, I would bet that they are using that FOV for scopes as well. In terms of 4:3 FOV in degrees:

2x: 46.8

3.4x: 33.5

4x: 28.8

7x: 18.8

8.7x: 17.2 

11 minutes ago, octiceps said:

Like I said, cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 0 uses world FOV for sens scaling instead of scope FOV. This is what most people are used to in traditional shooters that don't use dual viewport scope rendering.

Or just use cl_ads_fov_scale 0, this keeps ADS FOV the same as hipfire FOV when you ADS with all 1x or iron sights. Really useful in CQC, and you can still zoom in with SHIFT if you want. Additionally, cl_ads_weapon_fov_scale 1.3 moves the gun farther away from your face when ADSing, reducing viewmodel size and clutter and increasing visibility.

That's why you use cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 0. It also fixes the issue where the second level of zoom (when you hold SHIFT while ADSed/scoped) is more sensitive than the first level of zoom.

I prefer to adjust my sensitivity based on what I see inside the scope, not outside. Now I just need the factor for when cl_zoom_sensitivity_fov_scope 1. At least I can optimize my sensitivity for one magnification level.

Edited by sidtai817