Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Monitor Coefficient 0% and my problem with it, asking veterans

So i have been trying this for some time. I was reading on this forum that apparently 0% is the best for muscle memory/maximizing your skill ceiling. Now i know at the end of the day its preference but heres my problem i am facing with it. I am coming from FPS games Like CS,Valorant. Where hipfire is basically 90% of your aim. Now whenever i convert it with 0% MDV it just feels like whenever i scope in i drag my mouse trough mud. i thought maybe i need to get used to it but after weeks i simply just cant. my cm/360 is 41 btw. So I think its fairly obvious why specifically i dont like it and maybe some other guys here that primarily played Shooters where hipfire was most of your aim feel the same. obviously you convert your hipfire from CS to other games but 0% will slow down your ADS/Scope making you get this feeling since youre so used to the hipfire sens from CS, you instantly notice the senitivity switch when scoping in. I dont feel any of the more accuracy or whatever with 0% i just feel like i play with 2 sensitivities. If i could choose i would put my hipfire sens from CS to ADS on games where its heavily reliant like apex/cod.

I know all that text to get to my question but here is it. For somebody in my situation. Whats the closest option i can use to get my hipfire as close to 1:1 to ADS/Scope. Now i know people will say you cant match it 1:1 but keep in mind  i dont need 100% decimal sensitivity match, i just need something that "feels" the same. so would that be 100% MDH? what would you recommend i try out in this scenario. 

Thanks. and sorry if this question was asked already. it probably was but couldnt find exactly what i needed in the search

No expert, but I do come from a CSGO background. I play CSGO at 1280x960 4:3 stretched, and because I play stretched I never felt like any conversion outside of cm/360 worked for me. I'm global elite in CSGO and immortal in Valorant using cm/360 for hipfire conversion, and I use 0% monitor distance horizontal for scopes within the game itself. So 0.813 in CS and 0.747 in Valorant. I think the most important thing is personal preference, see what is comfortable for you and use that. 

12 hours ago, davixx500 said:

So i have been trying this for some time. I was reading on this forum that apparently 0% is the best for muscle memory/maximizing your skill ceiling. Now i know at the end of the day its preference but heres my problem i am facing with it. I am coming from FPS games Like CS,Valorant. Where hipfire is basically 90% of your aim. Now whenever i convert it with 0% MDV it just feels like whenever i scope in i drag my mouse trough mud. i thought maybe i need to get used to it but after weeks i simply just cant. my cm/360 is 41 btw. So I think its fairly obvious why specifically i dont like it and maybe some other guys here that primarily played Shooters where hipfire was most of your aim feel the same. obviously you convert your hipfire from CS to other games but 0% will slow down your ADS/Scope making you get this feeling since youre so used to the hipfire sens from CS, you instantly notice the senitivity switch when scoping in. I dont feel any of the more accuracy or whatever with 0% i just feel like i play with 2 sensitivities. If i could choose i would put my hipfire sens from CS to ADS on games where its heavily reliant like apex/cod.

I know all that text to get to my question but here is it. For somebody in my situation. Whats the closest option i can use to get my hipfire as close to 1:1 to ADS/Scope. Now i know people will say you cant match it 1:1 but keep in mind  i dont need 100% decimal sensitivity match, i just need something that "feels" the same. so would that be 100% MDH? what would you recommend i try out in this scenario. 

Thanks. and sorry if this question was asked already. it probably was but couldnt find exactly what i needed in the search

this sounds like as if you arent used to 0% yet ( imo most of us initially struggled to use 0% after primarily using distance based methods for ads before hand the reason you'd end up sticking to it would be that you end up noticing a level of uniformity across all zoom levels it might not be the same distance or match the exact same point but after you have gotten used to it you can simply do it by "feel"  even if you haven't used the exact scope as you did before hand. this is just my personal experience  with games like cod ,battlefield/ val/ siege/ cs and val so a decent mix which all do pretty well with some form of 0% even if it is just a single scope you primarily use or an average of multiple 0% values to accommodate the lack of multiple scope sliders )

------------------

if you are used to cs- scopes and feel confident with those you can stick to something like this

image.png.d969db9e826c94af5fbc3b070c97c3db.png

valroant would be closer to this

image.png.d6cfec5dfa0ce932df5425d0a53a755d.png

and obviously you already know this one from apex/ titan fall  and most  cod games

( the newer cod use 133% as their default but let you use 0% as well )

image.png.ed50a3d570c825ad5e61b05260180017.png

----------------------

on another note the reason why we keep telling those who ask for "1:1 distance that you cant or at least shouldn't  do that would be that using 360 distance ( which is what is often refereed to 1:1 by many ) would be a setup like this and its binocular like feeling

image.png.d0f1d2f686ba82481770b4b78012e840.png

which id suggest trying out for a better understanding select this and use whatever value this gives you on some sort of sniper or high zoom scope

it will be the same distance at a significantly smaller fov feeling significantly faster  than what most are used to due to many games scaling their ads in another method ( this can and will work for lower/ insignificant zoom scopes or third person zoom but still isn't really worth pursuing if you want a sens of uniformity )

for hip fire 360 is the go to depending on the situation i like to either match the fov and or use focal length custom res to match game that don't allow larger fov settings like destiny ,over watch or valor ant

12 hours ago, Valk1e said:

I think the most important thing is personal preference, see what is comfortable for you and use that.

couldn't agree more on that part

in the end you should go for what feels right if you don't feel like adapting stick to what works for you

Edited by fortunate reee
4 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

this sounds like as if you arent used to 0% yet ( imo most of us initially struggled to use 0% after primarily using distance based methods fr ads before hand the reason you'd end up sticking to it would be that you end up noticing a level of uniformity across all zoo levels it might not be the same distance or match the exact same point but after you have gotten used to it you can simply do it by "feel"  even if you haven't used the exact scope as you did before hand. this is just my personal experience  with games like cod ,battlefield/ val/ siege/ cs and val so a decent mix which all do pretty well with some form of 0% even if it is just a single scope you primarily use or an average of multiple 0% values to accommodate the lack of multiple scope sliders )

--

if you are used to cs- scopes and feel confident with those you can stick to something like this

image.png.d969db9e826c94af5fbc3b070c97c3db.png

valroant would be closer to this

image.png.d6cfec5dfa0ce932df5425d0a53a755d.png

---

on another note the reason why we keep telling those who ask for "1:1 distance that you cant or at least shouldn't  do that would be that using 360 distance ( which is what is often refereed to 1:1 by many ) would be a setup like this and its binocular like feeling

image.png.d0f1d2f686ba82481770b4b78012e840.png

which id suggest trying out for a better understanding select this and use whatever value this gives you on some sort of sniper or high zoom scope

it will be the same distance at a significantly smaller fov feeling significantly faster  than what most are used to due to many games scaling their ads in another method ( this can and will work for lower/ insignificant zoom scopes or third person zoom but still isn't really worth pursuing if you want a sens of uniformity )

for hip fire 360 is the go to depending on the situation i like to either match the fov and or use focal length custom res to match game that don't allow larger fov settings like destiny ,over watch or valor ant

couldn't agree more on that part

in the end you should go for what feels right if you don't feel like adapting stick to what works for you

Do you know if ADS means anything below 3.25x magnification? since if so. Maybe it could be a good compromise using the 360 distance on ads for close range combat with scopes that have no magnification or 1.5x at most like red dots in games etc. and for high zoom scopes or acogs you would go with 0%. Becasue i mostly get annoyed with it in close range i lose all of my accuracy trying to fight like my mouse turned to a brick. 

5 minutes ago, davixx500 said:

Do you know if ADS means anything below 3.25x magnification? since if so. Maybe it could be a good compromise using the 360 distance on ads for close range combat with scopes that have no magnification or 1.5x at most like red dots in games etc. and for high zoom scopes or acogs you would go with 0%. Becasue i mostly get annoyed with it in close range i lose all of my accuracy trying to fight like my mouse turned to a brick. 

issue with that would be that not all 1x scopes actually zoom by the same factor making it useless in some games but yes in theory you could

do that although this is something you'd have to check on a per game basis given the different zoom levels

image.png.feb197508dec3587bdbf3d516be44f64.png

i only ever tried this a couple years ago when apex was released and it didn't work all that great although apex 1x scopes have more zoom than most other 1x scopes

Edited by fortunate reee
5 minutes ago, davixx500 said:

besides with 100% MDH which valorant uses i get a max discrepancy of 0.0005% i would never notice the 0.00005 sensitivity less that it gives me on all scopes. 

6 minutes ago, davixx500 said:

besides with 100% MDH which valorant uses i get a max discrepancy of 0.0005% i would never notice the 0.00005 sensitivity less that it gives me on all scopes. 

? discrepancy simply shows how accurate a games ads or the values given to you by the calculator match with the method you chose are you trying to make a point there because there might be a misunderstanding on that front

as an example if i were to use 0% on destiny

image.png.bd1d559782603d3e503776a6b4b7cd9f.png

mean while using a 100% on destiny would be

image.png.8ebfd6109dbb2d7cbc19f7100cc6b80f.png

this isnt necessarily meant to be a recommendation its simply information you can use to min max discrepancy if you want to

*mind destiny is just an example since it has one of the worst ads implementations when compared to other games with its player base ( imo)

Edited by fortunate reee
1 hour ago, fortunate reee said:

? discrepancy simply shows how accurate a games ads or the values given to you by the calculator match with the method you chose are you trying to make a point there because there might be a misunderstanding on that front

as an example if i were to use 0% on destiny

image.png.bd1d559782603d3e503776a6b4b7cd9f.png

mean while using a 100% on destiny would be

image.png.8ebfd6109dbb2d7cbc19f7100cc6b80f.png

this isnt necessarily meant to be a recommendation its simply information you can use to min max discrepancy if you want to

*mind destiny is just an example since it has one of the worst ads implementations when compared to other games with its player base ( imo)

yea my point was if i used 100% MDH the max change ADS scope sensitivity for the highest magnification in cod would be 0.99944 from 1.0. nobody would ever notice this difference. 

1 hour ago, fortunate reee said:

if you plan on sticking to val going with mdh 100 would be a logical choice unless you play other games that would benefit form 0%( ie cod apex siege destiny ) in which case its hit or miss

i dont know if you play cod/warzone but could the option  independent/affected cause this weird feeling? since it will zoom the fov to its usual value aka 65 on affected which i had set? 

1 hour ago, davixx500 said:

i dont know if you play cod/warzone but could the option  independent/affected cause this weird feeling? since it will zoom the fov to its usual value aka 65 on affected which i had set? 

that is something you can / should try and use what suits you the best independent fits better when you are  used to high zoom behavior apex esq scopes while affected helps when you are used to low zoom at least in my books neither really bothered me i have gone back and forth

1 hour ago, davixx500 said:

yea my point was if i used 100% MDH the max change ADS scope sensitivity for the highest magnification in cod would be 0.99944 from 1.0. nobody would ever notice this difference. 

cod lets you use mdh 100% jsut like it lets you use 1.33 and 0% , so there was no point here

since you are comparing an implementation of 100% with 100% there obviously is no issue with matching

its not about discrepancy its about 0% just being the better choice for tracking heavy games like cod and apex which has little to do with discrepancy

Edited by fortunate reee
5 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

that is something you can / should try and use what suits you the best independent fits better when you are  used to high zoom behavior apex esq scopes while affected helps when you are used to low zoom at least in my books neither really bothered me i have gone back and forth

cod lets you use mdh 100% jsut like it lets you use 1.33 and 0% , so there was no point here

since you are comparing an implementation of 100% with 100% there obviously is no issue with matching

its not about discrepancy its about 0% just being the better choice for tracking heavy games like cod and apex which has little to do with discrepancy

Thank you for the answers my last question what do you think about the ads sensitivity transition timing setting? as far as i know no other game uses that

2 hours ago, davixx500 said:

Thank you for the answers my last question what do you think about the ads sensitivity transition timing setting? as far as i know no other game uses that

mostly use instant myself although i have had a fair share of fun using gradual  , most games don't tell you their transition timing,

i have had an interest in asking @DPI Wizard which method was the most common type of "ads sensitivity transition timing" across games like apex, siege(i assumed this was instant by feel),destiny , and other popular fps games ( this is a great reminder for me to do so )

Edited by fortunate reee
14 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

mostly use instant myself although i have had a fair share of fun using gradual  , most games don't tell you their transition timing,

i have had an interest in asking @DPI Wizard which method was the most common type of "ads sensitivity transition timing" across games like apex, siege(i assumed this was instant by feel),destiny , and other popular fps games ( this is a great reminder for me to do so )

let me know if you find out anything

I guys, some advice for improving sniping? with my sens im good in close combat but i miss a lot of long shot. 

i use 800dpi 6sens and 1.33 mdh 103Fov

I tried 0mdh but i'm too slow in tracking with other guns 

Edited by corazon
59 minutes ago, corazon said:

I guys, some advice for improving sniping? with my sens im good in close combat but i miss a lot of long shot. 

i use 800dpi 6sens and 1.33 mdh 103Fov

I tried 0mdh but i'm too slow in tracking with other guns 

"too slow" is relative isn't if you struggle with 0% another great choice would be

the trick is using 0% + an accel curve of your liking , this way you can change pretty much everything you dont like

this gives you the option of starting with something like 100cm/ 360 during slow movements while retaining the ability to move fast and tracking during hectic movements

https://www.kovaak.com/mouse-acceleration/

https://discord.gg/Bsv4MaxJh5

https://github.com/a1xd/rawaccel/releases

the tool he uses during his video is slightly outdated so ill link the respective discord / website + a decent explanation

------------

the only actual down sight to using accel would be the fact that it gives you a plethora of new options to tinker and experiment with

Edited by fortunate reee
17 ore fa, fortunate reee ha scritto:

"too slow" is relative isn't if you struggle with 0% another great choice would be

the trick is using 0% + an accel curve of your liking , this way you can change pretty much everything you dont like

this gives you the option of starting with something like 100cm/ 360 during slow movements while retaining the ability to move fast and tracking during hectic movements

https://www.kovaak.com/mouse-acceleration/

https://discord.gg/Bsv4MaxJh5

https://github.com/a1xd/rawaccel/releases

the tool he uses during his video is slightly outdated so ill link the respective discord / website + a decent explanation

------------

the only actual down sight to using accel would be the fact that it gives you a plethora of new options to tinker and experiment with

thanks  for your advice, last night I tried lower sens to 5 but meh. 

Maybe i need just more practice... 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, makojunki said:

i would advise you not to use mouse accel software tbh. u will destroy your aim. It's a niche topic and irrelevant except for a very small minority of players

simply wrong

there is no actual evidience that would prove that accel ( when applied correctly would do any harm ie a logical accel curve unlike windowds)

thinking about the fact that koovak ( the creator of the best aim training software out there is one of the major backers of the most commonly used standalone accel tools out there should be a great hint to that as well )

tbf there actually is more scientific research against the whole use  "muscle memory" argument than there is research backing " using a single sens"

Edited by fortunate reee

I am not going to argue about this so take it as you will, but muscle memory is just a myth. When you are good at aiming, you can get used to any sensitivity in limits of reason in couple of hours. I mean sensitivities from around 10cm/360 to 80cm/360 at least. You don't have to trust me, go to any high tier aiming community discord, like yuki aim or so and ask them. If you know who AIMER7 is, ask him, I'm quite sure he'll back me up on this. At least we were in agreement the last time I spoke with him. Basically higher sensitivity is always better, the best would be to use the highest sens you are able to control. More agility and faster turns never hindered anyone, you know. Argument for slow sensitivity is that it's more consistent because errors in your mouse control cause less drastic mistakes, but it also makes you slower. I personally see overly slow sensitivities as a crutch for bad mouse control. If you need something like 60cm/360 to aim well, you need to practice and maybe upgrade your gear. 

11 minutes ago, KODa said:

At least we were in agreement the last time I spoke with him

It's nice to have a guidance based on talking and feeling :D 

28 minutes ago, KODa said:

I personally see overly slow sensitivities as a crutch for bad mouse control

If you play with high sensitivity and you will face players with lower sensitivity on far distance. You will more oftenly die. But if situation changes and you meet him on shorter distance you will more oftenly kill him (if yours skill level is the same).

Sensitivity is not all. There is also strategy during playing with your opponent. So if you will die more oftenly on longer distance than on shorter, you should try to get closer before facing him :)

It's not about slow and high. It's about consistency of controlling your mouse/opponents in most situations.

22 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

It's nice to have a guidance based on talking and feeling :D 

If you play with high sensitivity and you will face players with lower sensitivity on far distance. You will more oftenly die. But if situation changes and you meet him on shorter distance you will more oftenly kill him (if yours skill level is the same).

Sensitivity is not all. There is also strategy during playing with your opponent. So if you will die more oftenly on longer distance than on shorter, you should try to get closer before facing him :)

It's not about slow and high. It's about consistency of controlling your mouse/opponents in most situations.

ironically enough this being the exact situation in which accel comes in handy

4 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

ironically enough this being the exact situation in which accel comes in handy

I've been playing with this idea since I understood MD 0%. I mentioned it earlier, hoping someone maybe will catch the idea.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/24-counter-strike-global-offensive/?do=findComment&comment=36570&_rid=67588

obrazek.png

In my head is something like this. Imagine acceleration based just on mouse distance. No matter how fast or slow you will move the mouse for example at the distance of 2 inches no accel will be applied. But once you across distance of 2 inches it will start accelerate cursor (green dots) to meet the red dots. There could be more stages for example different accel coefficient between mouse distance 2-4 inches and different between 4-8 inches and so on. 

So if something like this would be possible, than we could play on MD 0% and have acceleration profile for MD 100%. So there will be almost no or minimum differences at any monitor distance (But it's just fantasy in my head now).

Edited by MacSquirrel_Jedi
4 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

I've been playing with this idea since I understood MD 0%. I mentioned it earlier, hoping someone maybe will catch the idea.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/24-counter-strike-global-offensive/?do=findComment&comment=36570&_rid=67588

obrazek.png

In my head is something like this. Imagine acceleration based just on mouse distance. No matter how fast or slow you will move the mouse for example at the distance of 2 inches no accel will be applied. But once you across distance of 2 inches it will start accelerate cursor (green dots) to meet the red dots. There could be more stages for example different accel coefficient between mouse distance 2-4 inches and different between 4-8 inches and so on. 

So if something like this would be possible, than we could play on MD 0% and have acceleration profile for MD 100%. So there will be almost no or minimum differences at any monitor distance (But it's just fantasy in my head now).

I hope DPI Wizard comes and explains why that is misunderstanding about the whole concept of matching 2D and 3D. English not being my native language makes it too difficult to word such an explanation and to be quite honest, I'm too lazy to even try, haha. 

Short and sweet: The difference between the dots is because other is movement in 2D plane and another is 3D movement around your camera. This thing you are thinking in your head will never succeed and if you could make it somehow match at one place at one sensitivity, it would feel all kinds of weird. Sorry to crush your dreams, its sad but true.

in a game like CSGo go ahead, use accel. You're alwasy aiming at standard, known points of interest and angles that never change ie doors, windows, edges of walls that you play consistently time and again.

Other than that, mouse accel is not something that should be promoted.  I really don't think mentioning anybody gives any more justification, you're just name dropping.  Regardless, I stand by what I said... accel is a niche topic and irrelevant to 99% of the playerbase.

Edited by makojunki
typo