Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

Read more...

Battlefield to VALORANT custom resolution

Hi there,

I am attempting to covert my battlefield sensitivity to VALORANT but I cannot do it correctly with the focal length/custom resolution due to the fact the resolution between Battlefield 16:9 with a FOV of 105 becomes a resolution that is too small for VALORANT and doesnt become listed on my resolutions for VALORANT.

Any tips?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I have been running a sensitivity of .436 with a DPI of 400. The current resolution I am using is 1356x754 I believe or something close to that I’m currently on my phone. It’s the resolution For focal length I got from R6 with native resolution and 90 FOV.

this sensitivity feels okay but I was hoping to try and convert from a sensitivity of 12 from Battlefield with a FOV of 105 to the Hipfire of valorant with Focal length.

thanks again

Edited by Magico.-
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, Magico.- said:

In case it got confusing as to what my settings were this is the calculations i have tried to do https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=dd86c39360d004607d0945c907531108 and this focal length resolution here does not show up in valorant

Ok, to get this to work correctly you have to add a custom resolution to your graphics driver and make sure your monitor is not resizing it. The game should then be able to run the custom resolution in what it thinks is fullscreen.

The FOV difference is huge: the Valorant FOV would be similar to the FOV of a 2X sight in BFV. I'd actually suggest you to convert your hipfire sensitivity using MDH 0% instead of 360º distance and give it a try. It'd literally be like ADS-ing all the time in BFV, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since you basically aim with your hipfire sens in Valorant and maintaining the BFV navigation speed (same hipfire 360º distance) is not as important as maintaining your BFV aim (MDH 0%).

7 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Ok, to get this to work correctly you have to add a custom resolution to your graphics driver and make sure your monitor is not resizing it. The game should then be able to run the custom resolution in what it thinks is fullscreen.

I think I have already attempted  this based off previous instructions about others games I have done focal length from, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is what I have done so far with no luck yet.

1. I setup a custom resolution within my NVIDIA Control Panel

customres1.PNG.84492f53547198b4cea7de27ed137824.PNG

2. I setup my desktop size and position in NVIDIA Control Panel as 'No Scaling', please let me know if it is a different setting I should be using.

displaysetting1.thumb.PNG.7ed9ea23166fceecf5cc2b138bb7fdf3.PNG

3. Valorant shows many other resolutions including my other custom resolutions, but not this specific one of 1042x 568.

442957585_ValorantScreenshot2021_06.02-01_42_19_07.thumb.png.08d2f3af15067650ae1513d28eca19ab.png

4. I select a custom resolution and it should give me what looks like a smaller boxed image on my 1920x1080 monitor with black bars around it and gives me the 'same feel' that im after for the same 360 distance. So it has worked with other resolutions but just no 1042x568 available.

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, Magico.- said:

3. Valorant shows many other resolutions including my other custom resolutions, but not this specific one of 1042x 568.

Are you applying to custom resolution to Windows, or starting the game with Windows in 1920x1080? Or is Valorant maybe ignoring it and starting in 1920x1080 anyway?

22 minutes ago, ProuDBeasT said:

The FOV difference is huge: the Valorant FOV would be similar to the FOV of a 2X sight in BFV. I'd actually suggest you to convert your hipfire sensitivity using MDH 0% instead of 360º distance and give it a try. It'd literally be like ADS-ing all the time in BFV, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since you basically aim with your hipfire sens in Valorant and maintaining the BFV navigation speed (same hipfire 360º distance) is not as important as maintaining your BFV aim (MDH 0%).

This is true ProudBeast but I seem to have found a hipfire sensitivity in BF5 that I find rather accurate, and hence I have also converted all my scopes sensitivities in BF5 to be the same tracking speed (MDV 0%) as my hipfire tracking speed.

Just now, DPI Wizard said:

Are you applying to custom resolution to Windows, or starting the game with Windows in 1920x1080? You might have to apply it to the desktop first.

Starting the game in a different custom resolution normally as I dont bother to change it off valorant as my desktop defaults back to 1920x1080 when I close valorant.

Is there a chance that if I create too many custom resolutions on my PC that the actual physical list in VALORANT may not be able to list so many different resolutions?

2 minutes ago, Magico.- said:

This is true ProudBeast but I seem to have found a hipfire sensitivity in BF5 that I find rather accurate, and hence I have also converted all my scopes sensitivities in BF5 to be the same tracking speed (MDV 0%) as my hipfire tracking speed.

That's why I'd give MDH 0% a try, you're already used to it, your sens will probably feel the same in Valorant. I've tried going from 100 HFOV to 120 HFOV in Kovaak's (using an MDH conversion, not 360º distance) and then going back in the same session and my aim feels the same in both cases (and scores also stay the same); navigation definitely feels different, though. Anyways, it's just another possibility :) 

53 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Are you applying to custom resolution to Windows, or starting the game with Windows in 1920x1080? Or is Valorant maybe ignoring it and starting in 1920x1080 anyway?

Also just attempted to apply 1042x568 to windows prior to launching valorant. Did not bode well. The game still then defaulted to 1920x1080 resolution and also rendered my cursor frozen on screen, i couldn't left click or right click anywhere on screen or move my cursor, only able to use my keyboard to alt + tab and press windows key and then type words. Had to half turn off my computer to fix it.

I then repeated the process but proceeded to apply this setting in the desktop position settings section:

overridepic.PNG.43f6c0a0b509f81a28c457606b45b37e.PNG

This then resulted in 1920x1080 still overriding as the resolution for the game even though i launched in 1042x568. And then also proceeded to make my monitor back to 1920x1080. But cursor worked this time.

Also reducing the amount of custom resolutions I have made did not impact whether 1042x568 was shown in the selection of resolutions for valorant or not.

So perhaps 1042x568 is just technically too small of a resolution for Valorant?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again for all your help.

59 minutes ago, ProuDBeasT said:

That's why I'd give MDH 0% a try, you're already used to it, your sens will probably feel the same in Valorant. I've tried going from 100 HFOV to 120 HFOV in Kovaak's (using an MDH conversion, not 360º distance) and then going back in the same session and my aim feels the same in both cases (and scores also stay the same); navigation definitely feels different, though. Anyways, it's just another possibility :) 

I’ll give this a go and let you know how I go proud, thanks for the suggestion. And when you do this do you just keep Valorant at a 1920x1080 resolution?