Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Changing In-Game Sensitivity while RMB is pressed

Go to solution Solved by TheNoobPolice,

Hi,

I was to have my game sensitivity increase while im RMB (aiming down sight) is pressed and revert back to normal once I let go. I have no knowledge of scripting so I'll post the binds and I hope you guys can help me figure out the rest. What I've got so far is:

bind MOUSE2 "+speed_throw;+sensitivity 0.38;sensitivity 0.74;"

What the binds mean:

+speed_throw = Aim Down sight

MOUSE2 = RMB

It would be amazing if someone could help me with this, you have no idea how much I'd appreciate it.

4 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

What mouse do you have? It might be easier to do this in the mouse software if it has any like Logitech.

Also, what game specifically?

I have the Aerox 3 Wireless. I've already checked in the software as I had done this on my G Pro before but it doesn't have such a feature, unfortunately. 

Also, it's CoD: World at War 

Just now, bread94 said:

I have the Aerox 3 Wireless. I've already checked in the software as I had done this on my G Pro before but it doesn't have such a feature, unfortunately. 

Also, it's CoD: World at War 

I saw a video about rust where this guy typed a similar command into the console for it to change the sensitivity value while aiming and return to normal after and figured it possible in other games too. I'd rather have that than a DPI shift script but I'll take that if there's no other option available. 

I had the same predicament few months ago, I think the only way to achieve that is using scripting directly in your mouse, if your official mouse app supports that. From what I check Aerox 3 Wireless is Steelseries, but have no idea how Steelseries works. Some people probably will think about an Autohotkey macro, but I don't think ahk will be able to switch dpis directly on the mouse, and since you want to do that with your right click is a bit more complicated. My recommendation, check your app documentation to see if they support some kind of scripting language, like Logitech does with Lua.

1 hour ago, COMECOCO said:

I had the same predicament few months ago, I think the only way to achieve that is using scripting directly in your mouse, if your official mouse app supports that. From what I check Aerox 3 Wireless is Steelseries, but have no idea how Steelseries works. Some people probably will think about an Autohotkey macro, but I don't think ahk will be able to switch dpis directly on the mouse, and since you want to do that with your right click is a bit more complicated. My recommendation, check your app documentation to see if they support some kind of scripting language, like Logitech does with Lua.

Hmm, the only result I found that involved scripting on SteelSeries is a post on reddit asking how to do it... It mustn't be possible (at least without being smart enough to do it yourself, which I am not).

• Solution

Custom Curve software has a feature explicitly for this using the interception driver. It's a one off 10 bucks and available from mouseacceleration.com. You don't have to use any accel features, just use the toggle.

I also wrote a script myself using Autohotkey that leverages interception to do the same thing, the issue with that is AHK is an interpreted language (so "slow" in computational terms ) and would require a polling rate of no greater than 500hz to not cause timing bugs and would still require a few percent of CPU usage every time you hit the toggle.

5 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

Custom Curve software has a feature explicitly for this using the interception driver. It's a one off 10 bucks and available from mouseacceleration.com. You don't have to use any accel features, just use the toggle.

I also wrote a script myself using Autohotkey that leverages interception to do the same thing, the issue with that is AHK is an interpreted language (so "slow" in computational terms ) and would require a polling rate of no greater than 500hz to not cause timing bugs and would still require a few percent of CPU usage every time you hit the toggle.

So what does this toggle change that solves my problem? I can't seem to figure it out.

It’s a sensitivity toggle in the software.

You can set it to “hold”, and set mouse 2 as the trigger.

So if it was set to 0.5, and right mouse button, then when you pressed right mouse button your DPI would effectively cut in half, and then when you release the button it would go back to normal.

isn’t that what you are asking?

On 24/10/2021 at 20:08, TheNoobPolice said:

So if it was set to 0.5, and right mouse button, then when you pressed right mouse button your DPI would effectively cut in half, and then when you release the button it would go back to normal.

Yes, thankyou! I might try getting used tot he ads sens i get because changing DPI messes with my aim but now I have a solution, ty :)

On 24/10/2021 at 20:08, TheNoobPolice said:

please could you help me set it up? I've got it but I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't know how to disable the acceleration and I can't find the toggle

12 hours ago, bread94 said:

please could you help me set it up? I've got it but I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't know how to disable the acceleration and I can't find the toggle

The toggle is in the menu bar, it's fairly straight forward to use, you have a horizontal and vertical multiplier to your sensitivity, and a button you select to trigger it.

To disable all accel, delete all but two control points (right click in graph on a point, press delete) then set both of their Y values (sensitivity) to 1.0 and press apply. You will then have a static sensitivity same as without the program being active.

You will still need to check "persistent settings" for your toggle to be active after you close the interface. There is also an option in the menu bar to start your settings with windows in the background - this needs the persistent settings check box to be ticked also.

Edited by TheNoobPolice
10 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

The toggle is in the menu bar, it's fairly straight forward to use, you have a horizontal and vertical multiplier to your sensitivity, and a button you select to trigger it.

To disable all accel, delete all but two control points (right click in graph on a point, press delete) then set both of their Y values (sensitivity) to 1.0 and press apply. You will then have a static sensitivity same as without the program being active.

You will still need to check "persistent settings" for your toggle to be active after you close the interface. There is also an option in the menu bar to start your settings with windows in the background - this needs the persistent settings check box to be ticked also.

Okay, I've done the sensitivity toggle 39c3d8977b1bd87113a2ec17e7f6ad13.png
https://gyazo.com/39c3d8977b1bd87113a2ec17e7f6ad13

I'm struggling with this bit though. I don't know how to delete the sensitivity points and even if i could, the X value for point 1 is greyed out, I can't edit it

8ce291e1517039eae25ffb0ce73226e8.png
https://gyazo.com/8ce291e1517039eae25ffb0ce73226e8

and thank you for your help on this btw... I wouldn't be able to do this without you

Edited by bread94
typo

6c90cd1fdc945af002238e8d4ba8c4e3.png
https://gyazo.com/6c90cd1fdc945af002238e8d4ba8c4e3

I have managed to use the sensitivity toggle to modify my ads to the correct sensitivity for my game but I'm not sure if this has completely disabled accel (i have for the toggle but I'm not sure about the part in the screenshot) though, this is what I've set it to for the time being. If you could just help me make sure the accel is disabled and delete the additional points that'd be great 

Yes, that is correct. 

When the app sees no variance whatsoever in the LUT that is created from the b-spline, the mouse input doesn't even go through the function. Since your start and end points are 1.0, it wouldn't even matter how many points you had stacked or what input speed (the graph x axis) values they were at. I just suggested to remove it to 2 for clarity so you didn't have to set 4 values to 1.0 instead of just 2.

You also need "persistent settings" checked, and you would need to close the GUI after to remove any CPU usage.

Edited by TheNoobPolice
11 minutes ago, TheNoobPolice said:

yes, that is correct. 

When the app sees no variance whatsoever in the LUT that is create from the b-spline, the mouse input doesn't even go through the function. Since your start and end points are 1.0, it wouldn't even matter how many points you had stacked or what input speed values they were at. I just suggested to remove it to 2 for clarity so you didn't have to set 4 values to 1.0 instead of just 2.

You also need persistent settings checked and you would need to close the GUI to remove any CPU usage.

Ahhh okay, ty.

This is even more handy than I anticipated as in one of my games I can't use high DPI, it just bugs out/doesn't work properly which made having to use a higher DPI for aiming bug out too but with this, it doesn't do that. I've bought it now, well worth the $10. Thanks for introducing this to me :D

No worries, it is an awesome software. It's well worth reading the help menu to learn how to use it, unfortunately there's no official guide of all the features.

You can make profiles that contain all the settings that can be triggered by key commands as hold or "Go-to" also, so you could effectively make a sens toggle on a key command without having to use autohotkey or another scripting tool.

You can also use it to set "any DPI value" to mitigate sensitivity discrepancy shown by the calculator here.

So if for example, at 800 DPI in a particular game there was a 2.4% discrepancy to match another game, then that's 800 + 2.4% = required DPI of 819.2, So you can set the Y value sens in Custom Curve to 1.024 (819.2/800) instead of 1.0

Edited by TheNoobPolice
2 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

No worries, it is an awesome software. It's well worth reading the help menu to learn how to use it, unfortunately there's no official guide of all the features.

You can make profiles that contain all the settings that can be triggered by key commands as hold or "Go-to" also, so you could effectively make a sens toggle on a key command without having to use autohotkey or another scripting tool.

You can also use it to set "any DPI value" to mitigate sensitivity discrepancy shown by the calculator here.

So if for example, at 800 DPI in a particular game there was a 2.4% discrepancy to match another game, then that's 800 + 2.4% = required DPI of 819.2, So you can set the Y value sens in Custom Curve to 1.024 (819.2/800) instead of 1.0

wow, very good to know! just a quick one... i think the program has been running even when it's closed. Is this because I set 'persistent settings'? 

Yes, that's the idea really.

The GUI is written in Python, which has nice libraries for interfaces but it's an interpreted language, so isn't "fast" in computational terms. Using something like that to real-time draw the input speed of the mouse on a display will use about 5% CPU usage on a decent rig.

The idea of the GUI is to configure settings and then close it. This is what persistent settings enables, It loads a super lightweight process called ccapplyc.exe which will use 0% CPU  just to listen for when you trigger the toggle or changing profiles. If you untick persistent settings and close the GUI there is no process on your mouse input anymore so the toggle wont work anymore.

1 hour ago, TheNoobPolice said:

Yes, that's the idea really.

The GUI is written in Python, which has nice libraries for interfaces but it's an interpreted language, so isn't "fast" in computational terms. Using something like that to real-time draw the input speed of the mouse on a display will use about 5% CPU usage on a decent rig.

The idea of the GUI is to configure settings and then close it. This is what persistent settings enables, It loads a super lightweight process called ccapplyc.exe which will use 0% CPU  just to listen for when you trigger the toggle or changing profiles. If you untick persistent settings and close the GUI there is no process on your mouse input anymore so the toggle wont work anymore.

Understood, thank you. Will leaving the program open affect input delay? Will closing it with persistent enabled have equal delay to native mouse input? 

No to both scenarios causing delay.

The GUI will only add some CPU usage (which is why you are supposed to close it), but the math on the mouse input is handled in a separate thread at kernel level in the driver. Low-level code written in a language that is compiled to machine code (like C++) is super fast. The developer recently timed the full accel function (which would do more math than just the toggle) using the winapi function QueryPerformanceCounter() (i.e microseconds precision) and the code yielded a process time of <1us, in other words, a smaller amount of time that can be measured in 1 microsecond. 

Given that even the fastest polling 8khz mouse would have 125us to play with per poll there is no additional delay.

Edited by TheNoobPolice