Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Help me understand how pixel ratio effects Uniform Soldier Aiming

Go to solution Solved by CaptaPraelium,

Edit: If anyone would be so kind as to tell me the new way to drop screenshots here that's be great hahah sorry, I've been away a lot.

So, I like to convert from my windows desktop to game. This gives me a good hipfire sense, and I use UsA with coefficient zero, so I kinda expect it all to come out looking like so:

image.png

What I actually get, though, is this: (Note the individual zoom multipliers)

image.png

I thought this was odd, and to be honest, I just ignored them as they were close to 1 and it seems fine. But my curiosity has gotten the better of me, and with 2042 the thing seems more than just a rounding error at 7% off.

What I found really strange about this is that the multiplier seems to have a relationship with the FOV and thus pixel ratio. If I tinker with it, I can get those weapon multipliers to 1, so long as the pixel ratio is an integer division, like so (note the FOV change):

image.png

What am I missing here? Is this just a weird behaviour of the engine or am I doing it wrong or what?

all1s.bmp notall1s.bmp niceratiobro.bmp

• Wizard
25 minutes ago, CaptaPraelium said:

Edit: If anyone would be so kind as to tell me the new way to drop screenshots here that's be great hahah sorry, I've been away a lot.

I fixed your screenshots :)

You can just use the snipping tool in windows and copy/paste it directly into your post.

.bmp images are not supported, that's why they just show up as attachments.

• Wizard
15 minutes ago, CaptaPraelium said:

Ok, I see. You have Windows/2D set to MDH 100% (this is what is used to convert the hipfire), while ADS and scope is set to MDV 0%. Because of this mismatch you get 0.930387.

If you set ADS and Scope to MDH 100% instead you will get 1.0 as expected :)

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=d5fcb47f8c6a6a6624867fc3c8d2f2e3

Thanks mate but ahh, that's still not 1.0.... And I really do want the conversion between my in-game values to be at 0%, not 100. I only want to use 100MDH to convert from desktop to hipfire (although, at 0% coefficient, that should be the same as 100MDH to any other scope - which it very nearly is in the calculator, but for this one little thing)

Also, I notice that setting that to 100% up there sets the coefficient to 1.77* so that's correct for 100MDH but definitely not what I'm after...

Edited by CaptaPraelium
Just noticed...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, TheNoobPolice said:

You mean like this kind setup, right? 

This would match the speed of the cursor on the desktop with the tracking speed in hipfire and all scopes?

Basically... I'm using Desktop horizontal not vertical but otherwise, yeh...

Thing is, I don't get the 1.0* multipliers that I'd expect in this scenario, and I can see there's a relationship between that mult and the pixel ratio, but I can't quite figure where it's coming from.

If I go desktop (Hor) -> hipfire, then hipfire -> all, I get perfect 1.0 mults.... But going desktop -> all, that gets me this error that's relative to the pixel ratio somehow.

BTW, I hadn't logged on in a while and the notification for this scrolled right off the bottom, sorry I didn't reply sooner.

• Solution

Yeh it's 100% horizontal at the desktop, then 0% for the 3D stuff.

Ahhhhh the penny just dropped. "All" isn't really "All", it's "Each" ;)
I've been expecting that the ADS/scope/vehicle/etc values under 'all' were converted from hipfire sense, and the hipfire only was being calculated from the desktop. What it's actually trying to do is match each of them to the desktop individually.... I....didn't know that.

Now I understand why the pixel ratio is effecting them all the same way :) Thanks gents.