Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Jedi's mouse trick

On 3/13/2022 at 5:53 PM, DPI Wizard said:

The original idea behind the current Jedi's Trick implementation was that it does horizontal and vertical at the same time. This obviously only works if the game supports vertical sensitivity, and it will only be 100% correct for hipfire.

So I'll add a vertical option in the next update.

When is next update?

20 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

No ETA yet, but it's the main focus at the moment.

I think I need not only vertical to vertical, but also custom monitor distance range feature of JEDI's trick(average between 0 to 70 e.g)

for more accurate tracking feeling(I tested different ranges)

14 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

1.21 is just a close approximation of what Jedi's Trick Horizontal would equate to in a vertical coefficient for 16:9.

Using Jedi's Trick Vertical is more consistent, the next update of the calculator will make both options

So if we make jedi's trick vertical for Y axis horizontal for x axis is it makes sense more or am I doing something wrong with that?

Edited by Pyroxia
  • Wizard
2 minutes ago, Pyroxia said:

So if we make jedi's trick vertical for Y axis horizontal for x axis is it makes sense more or am I doing something wrong with that?

That's actually the way it works now, the issue is that most games do not support separate Y axis sensitivity, so you're getting horizontal match for both axis. Which might be fine depending on your preference, but there's no way of doing vertical for both axis with the current implementation.

Splitting it into a horizontal and vertical option makes it work the same way monitor distance works, you choose one axis and the other one will match 1:1 (i.e. same 360 distance).

On 24/03/2022 at 16:52, DPI Wizard said:

That's actually the way it works now, the issue is that most games do not support separate Y axis sensitivity, so you're getting horizontal match for both axis. Which might be fine depending on your preference, but there's no way of doing vertical for both axis with the current implementation.

Splitting it into a horizontal and vertical option makes it work the same way monitor distance works, you choose one axis and the other one will match 1:1 (i.e. same 360 distance).

grafik.png.f56faae187a395de3b3e77975115153a.pngim assuming that this could be achieved using the repsective multipliers in rawaccel or custom curve ( at least for hipfire)

17 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

grafik.png.f56faae187a395de3b3e77975115153a.pngim assuming that this could be achieved using the repsective multipliers in rawaccel or custom curve ( at least for hipfire)

When you change it xy ratio with raw accel you also change windows pointer speed because of this you need to match Y axis again. It will be same cm/360 but different monitor distance.

EDIT:

Let me explain when you set your vertical sens 0.77 which is %100 MDV for 1600 DPI 3/11 from windows and set horizontal to 0.62 (%100 MDH for 1600 DPI 3/11 from windows). Now let's try to simulate it for games doesn't have x-y axis option.

keep horizontal ratio at 1=1600 DPI and set your sensitivity 0.62 in game now for vertical sens adjust your xy ratio it must be 1980 DPI at vertical axis. now you changed your windows pointer speed too and it's not same anymore.

Edited by Pyroxia

so im stuck between deciding on these 2. Can anyone explain what would be the better choice and why ? 

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=871850eebd1a1fc942ce76e2d2bc50d3   360 hip fire and rest jedis trick vertical, discreptancy 1cm

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=e5d2393b3e26cd0c66d7e5abea729327 everything jedis trick, but 2.5cm discreptancy. 

I dont know whats "better" or more accurate in feeling more like valorant hip fire to rb6 hip fire with scopes feeling 1 to 1 as close as possible. i know ill never get to 100% same feeling becasue the fov isnt the same but whats closer? option 1 with 360cm hip fire match or 2 ? 

thanks @MacSquirrel_Jedi @DPI Wizard

On 3/20/2022 at 5:10 AM, HosungKun said:

I think I need not only vertical to vertical, but also custom monitor distance range feature of JEDI's trick(average between 0 to 70 e.g)

You can do it manually. I updated my previous post. This is really uniqe needs. And it is not necessary to implement it. Because it is practicaly individual adjusting. And for that there is standard monitor distance method.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:52 AM, primob0lan said:

Jedi, is this guy right about the 1.21 coefficient calculation?

In that video yes. But coefficient is changing depanding on your input and output (Win/Hipfire/ADS/Scope). You can imagine coeficient as a reference point on your monitor. And you can always find a position from which other Aims will have less deviation in sensitivity than from another position.

And you can do it by changing coefficient in game if implemented, or by changing sensitivity of each Aim separately

On 3/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, DPI Wizard said:

It's live now!

Great job! Mission completed :) I made a quick check in CS:GO and works good. Now it's perfect :) 

On 3/26/2022 at 4:23 PM, davixx500 said:

I dont know whats "better" or more accurate in feeling

If you are playing more games, first option is better (360° for Hipfire)

I will share with you guys little philosophy behind the vertical methods. As you play, you will focus most on the area of the screen around the crosshair. And of course you want the minimum difference in sensitivity here. Rather than having zero deviation in sensitivity at the edge of the screen, for example (MD 100%). I prepared some examples below for you.

Jedi’s Trick - Vertical (Recommended) 

Web_62.png.b9dc33496baddc8b508a8b4a34205581.png

Settings 1                                                 Settings 2                                               Settings 3

As you can see vertical method have lower deviation between points in focused area which is represented by orange square (VFOV = HFOV = "1:1"). 

Web_76.png.c77e54c7e25a069fd56fb75db19d44c0.png

Jedi’s Trick - Horizontal 

Web_72.png.c3a30a80c98b33f5ec838f4c070a16e8.png

Settings 4                                             Settings 5                                               Settings 6

Horizontal method will find lowest deviation in sensitivity for whole horizontal field of view. But differences in focused area are bigger.

Web_75.png.daa0af6ab3cfa6c6b7f644517a137ee3.png

Edited by MacSquirrel_Jedi
6 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

You can do it manually. I updated my previous post. This is really uniqe needs. And it is not necessary to implement it. Because it is practicaly individual adjusting. And for that there is standard monitor distance method.

In that video yes. But coefficient is changing depanding on your input and output (Win/Hipfire/ADS/Scope). You can imagine coeficient as a reference point on your monitor. And you can always find a position from which other Aims will have less deviation in sensitivity than from another position.

And you can do it by changing coefficient in game if implemented, or by changing sensitivity of each Aim separately

Great job! Mission completed :) I made a quick check in CS:GO and works good. Now it's perfect :) 

I will share with you guys little philosophy behind the vertical methods. As you play, you will focus most on the area of the screen around the crosshair. And of course you want the minimum difference in sensitivity here. Rather than having zero deviation in sensitivity at the edge of the screen, for example (MD 100%). I prepared some examples below for you.

Settings 1                                                 Settings 2                                               Settings 3

As you can see vertical method have lower deviation between points in focused area which is represented by orange square (VFOV = HFOV = "1:1"). 

Web_63.png.485145054edf1972f7f68f93448b70e2.png

Settings 4                                             Settings 5                                               Settings 6

Horizontal method will find lowest deviation in sensitivity for whole horizontal field of view. But differences in focused area are bigger.

I wonder would a square monitor fix this disparity since it has same vertical and horizontal?

Edited by stalkerbronet
16 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

What about matching vertical for Y axis horizontal for X axis?

16 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

Can u show deviation for Jedi's trick vertical for Y horizontal for X axis @MacSquirrel_Jedi

On 11/23/2021 at 6:46 AM, Skwuruhl said:

This isn't really new and still inherits all the problems that MD has to begin with. It's gonna come out around 68% MDV for most people https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2*x*pi%2Fatan(x*tan(70.5328°%2F2))+%3D+1*pi%2Fatan(1*tan(70.5328°%2F2))+%2B+pi%2Ftan(70.5328°%2F2)

Monitor Distance's initial strategy is dubious at best and completely falls apart once you're on high ground aiming at targets below you. "Matched" distances aren't even close in that scenario. See a 4cm movement away from a jar in hipfire and zoom with MDV 100% (this "should" be about matched based on my cm/360):
uhkC
AfqD
Zoom is over 10% off.
Trying to make an arbitrary mouse movement match at an arbitrary point on the screen that will only work if you're facing directly at the horizon is pissing into the wind and getting nowhere.

What you actually want to do is make it so a flick or other mouse movement to a given target on your screen will be consistent.
Consider the scenario where the target is 5cm away from your crosshair on screen and takes 2cm to flick to. When you zoom in the target on screen is now 12.1cm away from your crosshair. The new flick distance should represent this change accurately, so it should take 4.84cm (12.1/5*2cm).

An example of this in-game with exactly 2.4219x zoom:
31Wl
W8wf
Hipfire the target is ~241 pixels away, and when you zoom the target is ~582 pixels away, same ratio as the zoom ratio of 2.4219x. In hipfire it takes a 1.4142cm movement to flick to the target. In zoom it will take exactly 2.4219 times that at 3.4251cm. Also note how this works when aiming down at targets below you.

Scaling sensitivity by zoom ratio is the only mathematically sound way of scaling sensitivity between zoom levels. Attempting to convert sensitivity between Windows and 3D using monitor distance doesn't work. Just use whatever is comfortable for use in desktop and decide on your in-game sensitivity independent of that.

this post is right no matter what i input in calculator i always get 0.68 

• Wizard
1 minute ago, stalkerbronet said:

this post is right no matter what i input in calculator i always get 0.68 

The monitor distance suggested is just a static placeholder to get the actual sensitivity multipliers within a reasonable range.

The actual sensitivity is not MDV 68%, it will vary depending on your input.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

The monitor distance suggested is just a static placeholder to get the actual sensitivity multipliers within a reasonable range.

The actual sensitivity is not MDV 68%, it will vary depending on your input.

I don't get it then, I am trying it on warzone, this is what I get.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=844c626311fe15091cc14966426e1700

and no matter what DPI I input it still remains on 0.68 Monitor Distance Coefficient 

• Wizard
10 hours ago, stalkerbronet said:

I don't get it then, I am trying it on warzone, this is what I get.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=844c626311fe15091cc14966426e1700

and no matter what DPI I input it still remains on 0.68 Monitor Distance Coefficient 

Since Warzone only supports 2 decimals in-game you don't see the true sensitivity, switch to config file and you'll see the slight variation for each scope.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5e7443806bd08474e11403321267cb17