Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Mouse Feels To Fast

Alastorsx

Hello I currently own a Logitech g303 shroud edition. I'm having issues where my mouse sens feels way to fast on every mouse I've owned. One minute I can aim just fine then the next day I can't at all. It's like some hidden mouse acceleration like ice. Like I said before some days I could aim just fine and the cursor feels very controllable. Any help on this? 

have you tried tweaking the dpi?

if you have, find your old mouse and set up your favorite game to do a 180 for a full swipe of your mousepad. then use the same dpi on your new mouse and keep adjusting your new mouse's dpi until it does a 180 for the same sensitivity.

Sometimes it defaults to a different dpi or maybe you pressed the "change dpi" button.

Edited by randomguy7
27 minutes ago, Alastorsx said:

Ive tried maybe i should try lowering the DPI from 800

what was your old mouse? did it not have 1000hz polling rate? if not, then I'd suggest using the faster mouse's camera framerate

Edited by randomguy7
  • 2 weeks later...

if I don't play for a week or so the sens can feel much faster when I get back to it. Likewise, if I am particularly caffeinated on a given day, it can feel far slower than usual.

The short version is no one can debug your feels, but sensitivity is measurable. If the cursor moves the same distance on the screen as it does on the pad day to day then the variable is you, not the mouse.

e.g if you are at 400 DPI, then 1/400th of linear inch movement with the mouse sends a count of 1 to the operating system, at Windows 6/11, this is converted into 1 pixel displacement. So if you are at 1080p, then you need 1920 "400th's of an inch" of mouse pad movement to move from one side of the desktop to the other - therefore, 1/400 * 2.54 * 1920 = 12.192cm on the mouse pad. 

If it's within +/- 10% or so of that it's probably just the natural variance of the surface or a little DPI deviation (which you can test on this site), but this would be consistent and not changing day to day. You can just use a tape measure on your mouse pad to confirm it's the same even if it feels different to you.

Also, goes without saying that you'd need Enhance Pointer Precision unchecked in mouse settings to test like this

Edited by TheNoobPolice
  • 4 months later...

"If the cursor moves the same distance on the screen as it does on the pad day to day then the variable is you, not the mouse."

How about if it doesn't, what would be the/some of the reasons as to why physical mouse distance isn't being mirrored on the display just out of curiosity? Has there been any well knows reasons or causal factors, or is this no-mans land?

• Wizard
On 11/21/2023 at 1:48 AM, sqwash said:

How about if it doesn't, what would be the/some of the reasons as to why physical mouse distance isn't being mirrored on the display just out of curiosity? Has there been any well knows reasons or causal factors, or is this no-mans land?

Surface tuning, the sensor not being calibrated to the mousepad can cause issues. But it will usually feel horrible all the time, and I think this option is a thing of the past, at least for Logitech.

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, sqwash said:

Just to clarify, you recommend using a mouse software’s surface tuning as opposed to the OOBE/ no configuration in general?

It might depend on the mouse, but for newer mice, and at least for Logitech, I would say no surface tuning. They have removed it from the software I think, or it might only show up for older mice, not sure.

There was an issue years ago where the distance from the surface to the sensor caused issues depending on the material of the mousepad, hard, soft, cloth etc. Not sure if this was an issue with laser sensors or in general.