Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Remnant II

• Wizard
22 minutes ago, Skwuruhl said:

It's like a 2-step equation split at 0.5.

Absolutely correct, it's like this:

image.png

While this is not common, there's quite a few games with a different scaling before and after a specific value. The real nightmare is when there's multiple scales and the cutoff is less obvious, we've got a few of those too!

Unless you want to avoid this precisely due to the case of doing additional work in the event the devs patch it, I'd suggest since the site support is dependant on using a mod anyway, that you form the basis using the mod which both fixes x and y scale disparity, removes FOV scale (which is a good thing) and also downscales sens to 1 multiplier (since it is too high by default for any reasonable settings).

Actually, the xy mod doesn't disable FOV scaling and doesn't seem to affect aiming xy relationship, only "look" sens as far as I can see, so no point in the above.

Edited by TheNoobPolice
  • Wizard
7 hours ago, ModusPwnens said:

So do I understand correctly that if FOV scaling is turned off, the aim and scope sensitivities don't really matter?

They do still matter, but the sensitivity is scaled in a completely different way.

7 hours ago, ModusPwnens said:

Is there any advantage to PreserveFOVScaling+all sensitivities vs NoFOVScaling and only the base sensitivities?

Yes, if/when the devs fix the issues, it will most likely act exactly like PreserveFOVScaling. There is no benefit of using the NoFOVScaling version at all, other than the fact that it came first.

On 02/08/2023 at 09:54, ModusPwnens said:

So do I understand correctly that if FOV scaling is turned off, the aim and scope sensitivities don't really matter?

Is there any advantage to PreserveFOVScaling+all sensitivities vs NoFOVScaling and only the base sensitivities?

It's better for games to not tie the FOV option to camera turn-rate for "look" or what is usually hipfire etc. I don't buy for one second that any uninitiated user expects their 180 turn / navigation mouse movements to change when they change the Field of View in the graphics options, and it's annoying if you just need to lower the FOV for say, performance issues (which are abundant in this game) and it changes your mouse sensitivity etc.

So if you like being able to tweaking the FOV as you play for whatever reason, it's best to disable the FOV mouse sens scaling.

• Wizard
12 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

I don't buy for one second that any uninitiated user expects their 180 turn / navigation mouse movements to change when they change the Field of View in the graphics options, and it's annoying if you just need to lower the FOV for say, performance issues (which are abundant in this game) and it changes your mouse sensitivity etc.

To make matters worse, games like this (where the sensitivity is tied to the actual horizontal FOV) also significantly changes the sensitivity when you change aspect ratio.

23 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

To make matters worse, games like this (where the sensitivity is tied to the actual horizontal FOV) also significantly changes the sensitivity when you change aspect ratio.

I primarily blame Epic for a lot of this as going back quite few UE frameworks now, they have persisted with strange defaults, like Vert- for game world FOV scaling which makes little sense; why would anyone move to a wider screen monitor and expect the top and bottom of the image to be cropped instead of the horizontal view expanded to fill their new screen? It is better to just not support higher aspect ratios than to make a mockery of them. Thankfully many game devs do change that one, but we see a lot of camera smoothing left enabled as you know.

Has anyone tested if inputting the following lines of code in works in version Patch Version: 384,210 (Released Today: 8/10/23) or Patch Version: 383,678 (Released: 8/04/23) without modding the game? I know it's not mentioned in the patch notes, but someone with more technical knowhow might know.

[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
bViewAccelerationEnabled=False

• Wizard
11 hours ago, xFilipinoThunda said:

Has anyone tested if inputting the following lines of code in works in version Patch Version: 384,210 (Released Today: 8/10/23) or Patch Version: 383,678 (Released: 8/04/23) without modding the game?

Still doesn't work, the mods are needed to fix the issues.

• 1 month later...