Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Calculator Desktop mode

• Wizard

So, if you were calculating your sensitivity, regardless of 16:9 or 4:3, you would still use 90 as a value since it is the default and the remainder 16.26 is just added on?

Also, why would the value change from 2.51563 if I use a 4:3 resolution in-game, is it accounting for a stretched resolution, as opposed to black bars?

Because the actual FOV is changing when you use a 4:3 resolution. The actual FOV is not a direct part of the sensitivity calculation, but it is used to calculate the 360 distance. Simplified like this:

Windows

DPI: 800

Resolution: 1920x1080

Distance: 2.4 inches to move mouse cursor across screen 

So with actual FOV 106.26, the 360 distance will be: 2.4/106.26*360 = 8.131
For actual FOV 90 it will be: 2.4/90*360 = 9.6

In other words, for 16:9 it is 8.131 inches/360 that is used to calculate the sensitivity, for 4:3 it is 9.6 inches/360.

I think this might help you when trying to find out zoom_sensitivity conversions

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/254l3d/formula_for_zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse/

Also, to clarify, what would be the exact sensitivity for desktop to cs:go, both 16:9 6/11

2.51563 or 2.515631?

Basically, 4:3 base or res. base?

Also, could you make a calculator that converts "GAME 1" actual HFOV to "GAME 2" config FOV?

Edited by CiRE
  • 3 months later...

I'm confused

When i convert from Windows to Counter strike

i get the same Counter strike sensitivity on DPI  400/450 / 800 Dpi and so on :o 

Its first when i Change Resolution On counter strike the sensitivity changes.

Windows

WPS: 6

DPI: 400

RES: 1920 x 1080

Counter strike

DPI: 400

has exempel same sensitivity as

Windows

DPI: 500

Counter strike

DPI: 500

What do i do wrong :/ ?

• Wizard

What do i do wrong :/ ?

You are not doing anything wrong :)

As long as you have the same DPI, resolution and WPS on both sides of the calculation, the sensitivity will always be the same, but the 360 distance changes.

To break it down:

With 400 DPI, 1920x1080 and 6 WPS in Windows, it will take you 1920/400=4.8 inches of mouse movement to move the cursor across the screen.

Now you want to match this to the game, so you divide 360 (degrees) with the actual horizontal FOV and multiply it by the screen distance from Windows: 360/106.26*4.8=16.262.

Lastly to get a 360 distance of 16.262 with 400 DPI in CS:GO, the correct sensitivity is 2.51563.

So let's do the same with 500 DPI:

It will take you 1920/500=3.84 inches of mouse movement to move the cursor across the screen.

Again divide 360 (degrees) with the actual horizontal FOV and multiply it by the screen distance from Windows: 360/106.26*3.84=13.0096.

And lastly to get a 360 distance of 13.0096 with 500 DPI in CS:GO, the correct sensitivity is (again) 2.51563.

But as soon as you have different DPI, resolution or WPS, or if you change FOV, everything changes.

Hope that clears things up :)

• 4 weeks later...

This mode matches the sensitivity like this:

If you want to target an object at the edge of your screen, you will have to move the mouse the exact same distance as moving from the center of the screen to the edge in Windows. This means that the calculator must account for FOV for all games.

Okay so what if you want to match a lower distance from the center of the crosshair to a closer point. So say if you want the linear sensitivity on windows desktop to match the sensitivity of CSGO in a 90 FOV world 5cm away from the crosshair. I did personal tests using a ruler etc. and found out that if you want to match windows sensitivity with small movements on CSGO, the sensitivity would need to be 4. If you want to match bigger movements, the sensitivity gradually decreases. Could you maybe add a command or box to change the distance on the game of which to match the linear sensitivity? Or could you give me the formula you use to work this out. Thank you! 

I'll try to make a video showing the different methods in action, but I gotta figure out a good way to actually show the result and how pixel accurate it is. And maybe get some youtube personality to voice it  :P

Is this out yet? :D

• 5 months later...

hey,

if i want match my desktop sensitivity with csgo ingame sensitivity do i have to choose Match at 100 % for CsGO?

Also If i Calculate with the sensitivity 2.515630 (What Match at 100 % gave me) should i use this number and calulate with 360 Distance or Monitor Distance for a nother game?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As for now if i want to convert desktop to a game sensitivity or vise versa, also have the most accurate/muscle memory friendly and same feel when in-game(3D), what is the best conversion type for convert From and convert To?