Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

3 minutes ago, BlackBullet said:

Great! Thanks for the help! Someone give this man a medal for <5 mins support time.

Yeah, I know some people really dislike the site for having paywalls but I gladly paid for lifetime membership not only for the calculations but because of how quickly questions and requests are handled. :)

Hi guys, i play rb6 but i want to practice aim using aimtastic on steam. In order to do so, i have to convert rb6 sens to cs go sens, however the conversion from acog to zoomed 1: aug isnt working. Could anyone help me pls? My siege controls are 20/20/45 400 DPI, 15.6 inch monitor (laptop ofc), 1920 x 1080 res with fov 75 and for cs:Go, the zoomed sens is 1 and default fov

Thank you

Edited by flat-stanley

I just purchase the 1 month for get my r6 sens to csgo and i just cant do it.

Im using 12-12-90 on r6 with 90 fov 16:10 aspect ratio , 24 inch monitor , 1920-1080    - 400 dpi

Using all same config aspect ratio, monitor , resolution and fov in csgo.                            -400 dpi

I just dont know how to get the same acog sens from r6 to csgo and the same hipfire r6 to csgo...

Writte all the convertion ask and when i try its just not the same.

Could some one explain???? 

I just waste 3 dollars for nothing...

edit 1 (Add dpi)

Edited by tacosdearepa
On 8/5/2018 at 2:37 AM, tacosdearepa said:

Im using 12-12-90 on r6 with 90 fov 16:10 aspect ratio , 24 inch monitor , 1920-1080    - 400 dpi

Using all same config aspect ratio, monitor , resolution and fov in csgo.                            -400 dpi

I just dont know how to get the same acog sens from r6 to csgo and the same hipfire r6 to csgo...

edit 1 (Add dpi)

Check out the ini file. You can input your multiplier and sensitivity there for a 1:1 conversion. It should be on the right side of the calculator instead of "ingame slider". I'd help you identify what it is exactly but my membership expired 

Edited by SeikoPotato
Misread the thread
On 8/4/2018 at 2:37 PM, tacosdearepa said:

edit 1 (Add dpi)

The ACOG scales incorrectly in rainbow six siege. But that shouldn't effect your calculation. Your problem is your using 90 FOV (which is actually 121.28 degrees.) Instead of 73.74 which would correctly match with CSGO. I assume you want to match ACOG and AWP? Honestly, there are a ton of variables for this calculation. For scoped weapons, you need to use a match. The AWP and the ACOG have different FOVS, so you can't match them in the calculator, you need to match them based on a scaling method. Preferably monitor distance 0%. 

image.thumb.png.64d66ae629993593ee5e17d1f07f477f.png

You need to match FOVs like so. Then your hipfire in both games is the same. You can round up to 74 FOV in R6 seige. Then you take the sensitivity value you got for CSGO 3.125213. And use it to convert for the AWP 

image.thumb.png.1f47c9ce58c2cf181017cd20d3c93c88.png

This should be exact feel in both games, but it would actually be better to convert your ACOG and your AWP sens using Monitor distance 0%. The above will accomplish what you are looking for, though.

Edited by Bryjoe

Ok I'm trying to go from Overwatch to R6 but I just don't understand.

800dpi, 103fov, 4.5 ingame trying to match that monitor distance to R6 for every gun and scope.

I look at gameuser.ini and see my "MouseYawSensitivty" is set to 50 so I use that for sens 1 to get my multiplier "MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit = 0.002442" which I change. Then to get ads I use both of these and get "XFactorGaming = 0.031122" but my acog sens becomes different than ads?

What is going on here?

Þ

1 hour ago, doreato said:

Ok I'm trying to go from Overwatch to R6 but I just don't understand.

800dpi, 103fov, 4.5 ingame trying to match that monitor distance to R6 for every gun and scope.

I look at gameuser.ini and see my "MouseYawSensitivty" is set to 50 so I use that for sens 1 to get my multiplier "MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit = 0.002442" which I change. Then to get ads I use both of these and get "XFactorGaming = 0.031122" but my acog sens becomes different than ads?

What is going on here?

That's how it is. The developers have not implemented a separate sensitivity for acog. I avoid acog for that reason. 

10 hours ago, SeikoPotato said:

Þ

That's how it is. The developers have not implemented a separate sensitivity for acog. I avoid acog for that reason. 

Wow I did not expect that. I guess i'll just avoid them. I didn't expect to anyways but good to it's different. Thanks!

Edit: No idea what's going on still. So MouseYaw doesn't need to change? Just the multipliers if I choose to do within gameusersettings? If I do it in game I change the actual mouse sense x and y but have to set my MouseMultiplier to default 0.02?

Can someone please run through what the fuck is going on? I just want my sens from Overwatch to be the same for hipfire and ads (Red dot and Iron sight forget acog)

Edited by doreato
Still so lost
14 hours ago, doreato said:

Wow I did not expect that. I guess i'll just avoid them. I didn't expect to anyways but good to it's different. Thanks!

Edit: No idea what's going on still. So MouseYaw doesn't need to change? Just the multipliers if I choose to do within gameusersettings? If I do it in game I change the actual mouse sense x and y but have to set my MouseMultiplier to default 0.02?

Can someone please run through what the fuck is going on? I just want my sens from Overwatch to be the same for hipfire and ads (Red dot and Iron sight forget acog)

Make sure you are matching hipfire FOV in R6 Seige to 103. Otherwise it won't be the same. You also need to edit the actual config for r6 seige. The monitor distance calculation relies on something called "xfactoraiming".  Essentially, if you are using the config file, (which you should be) the in-game values for mouse sensitivity are needed, but just as a base. Don't use the default, use whatever you have. See below, notice i've changed the R6 FOV to 70.53 to correctly convert:

image.thumb.png.53638637b200a354770d7ad55ed9d03d.png

Then you take the multiplier unit you got in the first calculation and put it in for monitor distance 0% on ironsights like so. You also need to put a value for "sensitivity 2" which is actually "aimdownsightsmouse" in the config, so put whatever you have in for that.

image.thumb.png.5fb343f321e33debe76088e36ce32f5b.png

8 hours ago, Bryjoe said:

R6 FOV to 70.53 to correctly convert

Wait, should I have been doing this for every game? In that place I've used the in-game fov I picked for that unit. So in R6 I want the most fov I can so I put 90? But that doesn't work you're saying?

Edit: Wait and "Match at" should be 0%? I've been using 100% this whole time.

Edited by doreato
56 minutes ago, doreato said:

Wait, should I have been doing this for every game? In that place I've used the in-game fov I picked for that unit. So in R6 I want the most fov I can so I put 90? But that doesn't work you're saying?

Edit: Wait and "Match at" should be 0%? I've been using 100% this whole time.

If you want a perfect conversion, then you need to make sure the shortest angle value, in this case, the 'Actual VFOV' value, is identical in both games. Any other value and the curvature of the projection will be different, resulting in a different outcome when you move the mouse, different distortion, different zoom, etc. which makes it impossible to make it feel exactly the same in every single aspect. That's where the other conversion methods come in, with 0% monitor match being the most mathematically sound solution, while other methods are more preference.

Edited by Drimzi
38 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

If you want a perfect conversion, then you need to make sure the shortest angle value, in this case, the 'Actual VFOV' value, is identical in both games. Any other value and the curvature of the projection will be different, resulting in a different outcome when you move the mouse, different distortion, different zoom, etc. which makes it impossible to make it feel exactly the same in every single aspect. That's where the other conversion methods come in, with 0% monitor match being the most mathematically sound solution, while other methods are more preference.

holy shit, initially i was skeptical but this explains why i had to pay for it. is there a video that goes through all the settings and a little about how they work? i just realized there are 7 different fov values for example

12 hours ago, doreato said:

holy shit, initially i was skeptical but this explains why i had to pay for it. is there a video that goes through all the settings and a little about how they work? i just realized there are 7 different fov values for example

Yeah it seems complicated, but it really isn't. There are a lot of options, but you should simply just use a "base game" like you have with Overwatch, match the HFOV and then use the hipfire to calculate all the other values you need. Overwatch has a HFOV of 103 which is actually about 87 FOV. When converting this to something like CSGO which has a 90 FOV, you may want to use monitor match 0% on hipfire.

Whenever the FOVs differ and you can't match them up exactly, you should be using a monitor match, with the exception (my opinion) of games where the FOV is way different,(like 3rd person shooters) then I would use 360 distance.

33 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

Yeah it seems complicated, but it really isn't. There are a lot of options, but you should simply just use a "base game" like you have with Overwatch, match the HFOV and then use the hipfire to calculate all the other values you need. Overwatch has a HFOV of 103 which is actually about 87 FOV. When converting this to something like CSGO which has a 90 FOV, you may want to use monitor match 0% on hipfire.

Whenever the FOVs differ and you can't match them up exactly, you should be using a monitor match, with the exception (my opinion) of games where the FOV is way different,(like 3rd person shooters) then I would use 360 distance.

is it safe to always use monitor distance? I find that to be a better telling of sensitivity than 360 (as that's fov reliant no?)

9 minutes ago, doreato said:

is it safe to always use monitor distance? I find that to be a better telling of sensitivity than 360 (as that's fov reliant no?)

You should match FOV ideally and then monitor distance = 360 distance. Then you would only need to use monitor match for scopes, and for that simply base it off your hipfire that you already calculated.

I would use 360 distance over monitor match for hipfire if FOV differs by, like 15-20+ degrees. That is just my opinion, I feel that consistent movement for hipfire matters more than matching aim. Again, there is almost no shooter on the market that locks your FOV besides CSGO. For any type of "aimed" sights I would always use monitor match. I use CSGO as my base game because it has a very balanced and universal HFOV 106.26 or 90 FOV. That FOV works for both fast-paced and tactical games. So when I convert for overwatch, I actually use monitor distance, but only because it's only a few degrees off. If Overwatch was locked to, say 70 FOV, I would 100% use 360 distance for hipfire.

• 3 weeks later...