Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

DPI Wizard, Ubisoft recently updated the sights and how far the camera is from most gun apertures. Are the conversions on the calculator still accurate?

Hmm, good question. I assumed they just changed how far the gun model is from the camera and left the ADS field of view unchanged, which I believe would mean the calculator should still be accurate?

• 3 months later...

Sorry a newbie at this trying to convert from my bf4 sensitivity. See attached if you can please. Is there anything I'm missing? Right now I'm trying to get all three sensitivities down (hipfire, ironsight, and acog). If anyone can help me it'll be much appreciated. Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

• Wizard

Make your browser-window a little wider, and you won't get double boxes. Working on a fix for that now :)

Other than that, it's looking fine. Use the multiplier 1 you get from that calculation, and choose either Iron sight or ACOG for the aim calculation. They use the same sensitivity variables, so you have to choose which one to match perfectly. For sensitivity 2 on acog/iron sight, just enter the default value 50 or whatever other value you have there.

I recently bought Rainbow six and I really like it so far. But I got a few questions to the calculator.

Does "iron sights" include low level sights like the red dot, reflex and holographic?

And should I use "Iron sights" or "ACOG" for calculating the sensitivity for the thermal-sniper-scope from Glaz? Or is that sight just not in the calculator yet?

Greetings WhoCares?

• Wizard

I have only analyzed iron sight and ACOG specifically, so any calculation is only verified for those two.

And since they use the same settings, you basically have to choose which one to match your sensitivity for, and the other one will just have to follow.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Wizard
8 minutes ago, Krispy said:

this site is BS, there is no guide telling you how to use the actual calculator, nor what anything means. I put all the info into the calculator and all it does is tell me exactly what I put in.

There's a couple of guides here:

If you have any issues, please post a screenshot of both the input and the output so it's easier to see what's wrong.

22 minutes ago, Krispy said:

this site is BS, there is no guide telling you how to use the actual calculator, nor what anything means. I put all the info into the calculator and all it does is tell me exactly what I put in.

It's the only site in existence that gives you actual accuracy between different FOVS (although not perfect) and pinpoint accuracy on 360 distances for almost any game on the market. You want your aim to feel the same as Rainbow Six Siege when Destiny 2 comes out? Good luck calculating it on your own.

1 hour ago, Bryan Redding said:

It's the only site in existence that gives you actual accuracy between different FOVS (although not perfect) and pinpoint accuracy on 360 distances for almost any game on the market. You want your aim to feel the same as Rainbow Six Siege when Destiny 2 comes out? Good luck calculating it on your own.

good luck doing on a site that has horrible interface and no written instructions

Just now, DPI Wizard said:

The videos show you pretty much exactly what to do, albeit on a different color scheme. Should anything be unclear, just ask.

the second video was more helpful. It might be a good idea to make the actual sensitivity suggested to be highlighted and a bigger font, cuz normal people dont really care about the other stuff and its hard to see the actual recommended sensitivity. other then that at least the site works, subbed for a month to support and hopefully help make that change

• Wizard
Just now, Krispy said:

the second video was more helpful. It might be a good idea to make the actual sensitivity suggested to be highlighted and a bigger font, cuz normal people dont really care about the other stuff and its hard to see the actual recommended sensitivity. other then that at least the site works, subbed for a month to support and hopefully help make that change

I'm working on a complete overhaul which will take this into account, in addition to a lot of user experience improvements.

Just now, DPI Wizard said:

I'm working on a complete overhaul which will take this into account, in addition to a lot of user experience improvements.

Sounds good, sorry if i came off in a bad way, just a bad day is all.

Also the converter only has 2 options for sensitivity input for r6 siege but the actual game has 3; vertical, horizontal, and aiming down sights, plus this site has two multiplier spots, but there is only one multiplier i know of in siege, the 0.02, so which ones do I use for the sensitivity, and where do I find the second multiplier?

• Wizard
Just now, Krispy said:

Sounds good, sorry if i came off in a bad way, just a bad day is all.

Also the converter only has 2 options for sensitivity input for r6 siege but the actual game has 3; vertical, horizontal, and aiming down sights, plus this site has two multiplier spots, but there is only one multiplier i know of in siege, the 0.02, so which ones do I use for the sensitivity, and where do I find the second multiplier?

There should be two multipliers in the config file, MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit and XFactorAiming.

When it comes to vertical and horizontal sensitivity, the calculator always calculates for horizontal, and it's generally recommended to set the vertical sensitivity to the same (the game notes in the calculator usually indicates this). 

I have a question. I took the average between the two separate Xfactor numbers for Iron sights and ACOG and put that as my XfactorAiming value in the config file. I'm not much of a math guy, but this seemed like the only way for me to get a value that would kind of work well for both. Would you advise against doing this? Is it better just to pick one or the other and leave it at that?

Thanks, by the way, for maintaining this site. I tell people about it as often as I can. Keep it up!

Edited by Keebz

What I did was use this website to pick 2 sensitivities. http://www.mindspring.com/~alanh/fracs.html

So for example with my sensitivity: http://imgur.com/a/KeOU0

With an ADS sensitivity of 2 I would use an xfactor of 0.442062 for acog and 0.728940 for ADS. Plug these into wolfram to find the ratio: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.442062%2F0.728940 0.606444974895053090789365379866655691826487776771750761379

and put that into the site:

jchfiUq.png

57/94 is the closest I can get with both parts of the ratio staying under 100. So when I'm using ACOG I set my ADS sensitivity to 57, and 94 for red dot/iron sight. And then just use the calculator again to find your new xfactor to go with this.

AYoDTLy.png

So I use an XFactor of 0.015511, then in-game I use 57 ADS sensitivity with ACOG, and 94 with Red dot or irons.

Edited by Skwuruhl