Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Squad

Just tested and yes you are right, everything at 1 is the same.

Million Dollar question then, with scaling unclicked, do you know how the Squad devs calculated the default sensitivity relationship between say Hipfire and 1x zoom  and 4x zoom, did they Monitor Distance match at like 75% or something?

Basically I'm trying to unravel the way Squad feels as default (I have like 800hrs in the game and my muscle memory is completely locked in to whatever Squads default calculations are) and translate it to PUBG, Squad only has 3 sensitivity settings to deal with, Hipfire, 1x Zoom and 4x Zoom, but obviously other games have lots of different zoom levels which I'm trying to make feel exactly like Squad.

See this image below, this is what my  muscle memory is locked in to (courtesy of the way Squad devs handled scope sensitivities), Squad only has Hipfire, 1x & 4x, so what I'm after is the cm/360 distances where the question marks are, this is the long winded manual way of trying to figure it out:

34" 21:9 (3440X1440)

28910021997_fc7e1b9d00_o.png

They must have used some kind of a formula to work this out, I just need to know what it was so I can apply it to other games using the calculator, for example a monitor distance or something. I've tried playing with the calculator but I can't seem to extract what I need. 

From what I can make out from the calculator, the Squad devs have used 100% monitor distance matching, that right? If so, how can I calculate the theoretical scope zooms (red question marks) and then somehow apply them to PUBG  so PUBG feels like Squad would if Squad had all those extra scope zooms taking into account FOV etc?

Edited by RipGroove

Here's an idea, maybe the calculator could have all scope zoom levels available from hipfire to say 20x (1x 2x 3x 4x etc) even if the game does not actually have those. That way you can make any game feel like any other game regardless of what scopes are actually in the game. 

Currently if you happen to be comfortable with a game that only has a few scope zoom levels (like Squad) it's impossible to translate that across to s game that has many more scope zoom levels available. 

The calc would just have to show actual game scopes and then all the theoretical scopes in between. I assume the theoretical ones can be calculated?

1 hour ago, RipGroove said:

Here's an idea, maybe the calculator could have all scope zoom levels available from hipfire to say 20x (1x 2x 3x 4x etc) even if the game does not actually have those. That way you can make any game feel like any other game regardless of what scopes are actually in the game. 

Currently if you happen to be comfortable with a game that only has a few scope zoom levels (like Squad) it's impossible to translate that across to s game that has many more scope zoom levels available. 

The calc would just have to show actual game scopes and then all the theoretical scopes in between. I assume the theoretical ones can be calculated?

Most games just divide the fov values, so if a game has vertical fov, check if 56.25% results in the same sensitivity for every scope. 4:3, check 75%, resolution based, check 100%. If none match, try 0%. If nothing matches, then the game is using something weird.

On 8/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, Drimzi said:

Most games just divide the fov values, so if a game has vertical fov, check if 56.25% results in the same sensitivity for every scope. 4:3, check 75%, resolution based, check 100%. If none match, try 0%. If nothing matches, then the game is using something weird.

EDIT, see post below:

Edited by RipGroove

From what I can see, Squad uses 100% monitor distance to match scopes yeah? (see below):

Squad Hipfire converted to Squad 1x using 100% Monitor Distance:

43854454122_8604ace3a3_o.png

Squad Hipfire converted to Squad 4x using 100% Monitor Distance:

28966028077_dcee923bb2_o.png

These seem to match my exact cm/360 distances here:

28910021997_fc7e1b9d00_o.png

So if that is correct, how can I translate that to PUBG, considering Squad soes not have all the scope zooms that PUBG has, do I simply do this:

Squad Hipfire converted to PUBG 6x using 100% Monitor Distance:

42093971900_2d0a93e4b6_o.png

Edited by RipGroove

If I did that, that would result in the following:

Squad Hipfire cm/360 of 34.8378 (VFOV 45.43° & HFOV 90°)

PUBG Hipfire cm/360 of 34.0804 (VFOV 46.87° & HFOV 92°)

Squad 1x cm/360 of 39.1925 (VFOV 38.71° & HFOV 80°)

PUBG ADS (Pistol) cm/360 of 39.2069 (VFOV 38.71° & HFOV 80°)

PUBG ADS (SMG) cm/360 of 41.8053 (VFOV 35.61° & HFOV 75°)

PUBG ADS (AR) cm/360 of 44.7914 (VFOV 32.61° & HFOV 70°)

Squad 4x cm/360 of 111.9785 (VFOV 11.92° & HFOV 28°)

PUBG 4x cm/360 of 156.770 (VFOV 8.44° & HFOV 20°)

I can see that the higher the Scope range the further away from the Squad figures I get, that right? The Hipfire is almost dead on but the 4x is quite a bit out, is this just down to differences in scoped FOV in each game and to expected?

If all that is correct then this is how my PUBG cm/360 distances would look in order to make it feel just like Squad:

43854840322_d688b9f84e_o.png

Edited by RipGroove
  • 6 months later...
  • Wizard
4 hours ago, Beto said:

se.thumb.jpg.0e6a427d953dce6168db74a2e00318f9.jpgI

Does zoom sens scaling affect anything or it doesnt matter?

Also im getting 2 lines of code for SoldierZoomSensitivities, shouldnt it be in the same line? What about the X.XXXXX thing? 

@DPI Wizard

Without zoom sens scaling on you can't set the scopes individually.

The two lines are basically just one line broken into two, you have to replace the x.xxxxxx with the corresponding value from the other line. Leave the 8x at the default value.

10 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Without zoom sens scaling on you can't set the scopes individually.

The two lines are basically just one line broken into two, you have to replace the x.xxxxxx with the corresponding value from the other line. Leave the 8x at the default value.

I guess the 8x is (8.000000)

What about the last one in the .ini? Default one is (0.500000)

SoldierZoomSensitivities=((1.000000, 2.000000),(4.000000, 2.000000),(8.000000, 0.500000))

• Wizard
2 hours ago, Beto said:

I guess the 8x is (8.000000)

What about the last one in the .ini? Default one is (0.500000)

SoldierZoomSensitivities=((1.000000, 2.000000),(4.000000, 2.000000),(8.000000, 0.500000))

That's the value I meant. Last I checked the 8X wasn't in the game or even available in the in-game menu sensitivity, I'm not sure if it's in the game now?

• 6 months later...

Alright, something is glitchy in the calculator. It's better if I show you.

When I select anything but "All", only the global sensitivity is shown:

GFzBeLf.png

But, if I select "All", which is locked by premium, and Hipfire immediately after without selecting anything else in the middle, the Multiplier 1 and 360° distance value appears:

KzlXWrq.png

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, CapoFantasma97 said:

What do you mean? It scales all the sensitivity. How do I make the base sensitivity match with the other games I play? All aim modes give value of 1 regardless of the other game's value, and "All" is locked under premium.

It's not a sensitivity on it's own, it's a multiplier for the SoldierSensitivity (hipfire) and the various aims via SoldierZoomSensitivities. So you can't make the global sensitivity match anything since it's worthless without the additional values. Setting it to 0.1, 0.5  or 1 basically means nothing until you also have the SoldierSensitivity/SoldierZoomSensitivities values.

The "All" aim does not lock it to 1, it uses 1 as a placeholder value (because it's default by the game) to make calculations easier. You can use any value you'd like within the range of the sensitivity, but using values other than 1 is seldom needed.

• Wizard
24 minutes ago, CapoFantasma97 said:

Alright, something is glitchy in the calculator. It's better if I show you.

When I select anything but "All", only the global sensitivity is shown:

But, if I select "All", which is locked by premium, and Hipfire immediately after without selecting anything else in the middle, the Multiplier 1 and 360° distance value appears:

Nothing weird here, the "All" selection will use the default value of 1 as a placeholder value for global sensitivity. The Hipfire selection will ask you to fill out this value yourself (as thoroughly instructed by the output; value and valid range to enter)

23 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Nothing weird here, the "All" selection will use the default value of 1 as a placeholder value for global sensitivity. The Hipfire selection will ask you to fill out this value yourself (as thoroughly instructed by the output; value and valid range to enter)

Sorry, I may be thick headed, but I'm not understanding anything out of this.

As I showed above, normally the Multiplier1 value and 360° in Hipfire are blank by default ("-"). 

However if I select All, which is premium, then right after switch back to Hipfire, Multiplier1 and 360° values appear and obviously vary corresponding to the value I inserted in the other game (so 0.30 and 4.2861 instead of the default -"-" values). 

Then, if I switch to something else except All, and then back to Hipfire, the values would disappear and simply return as "-".

I obviously am not a dev, but I don't think that's an intended behavior to show or hide values without any user input aside from simply viewing a different sensitivity mode and then switching back.

Put that aside. Other subject: sensitivity for hipfire. Doesn't, for example, hipfire 0.30 and global 1 produce the same sensitivity as global 0.30 and hipfire 1? If that's the case, wouldn't it scale correctly for the scope sensivities too?

If that is incorrect, how does one set the exact same sensitivity of another game into Squad? Does "All" contain the answers? It's locked under Premium.

In my example, I use 2.4 as sensitivity for Source games. To get the exact same sensivity and make it scale correctly across all zoom modes in Squad, wouldn't it just be necessary to simply modify Global and leave the scaling option on? If that is the incorrect way, why is it the incorrect way? When I convert other games, I just have to input the sensitivity of just the first game and the value pops out. Why is Squad not behaving that way?

Oh, I got it now, and also understood a bit more about how ingame works.

So, when Zoom Sensitivity Scaling is on, like in game, you can manually set the sensitivity of the various zoom values. In the Calculator, it also means that the Sensitivity1 space is blank and must be filled with a number that corresponds as the Global Sensitivity. So, if I use Global Sensitivity as 1, I have to manually input 1, if 3, I have to set 3 and hipfire, 1x and 4x scale accordingly, and so on.

When Zoom Sensitivity Scaling is off, like in game, the scaling is done by the game automatically, right? So the Sensitivity1 space is greyed out because the Calculator directly changes Global Sensitivity and doesn't need manual input.

Now, for the Glitch, in my browser, Firefox on Win10, it seems that switching from the sensitivity tab "All" to the tab Hipfire, it still remembers as if there 1 there, and proceeds to calculate on that, even if Sensitivity1 space is empty. Switching to another sensitivity then makes it forget that ghost 1. I can't reproduce the glitch in my phone with another browser instead. I'll try clearing the browser and try with other browsers tomorrow and see if the glitch sticks.

Hello everyone,

The dir for GameUserSettings.ini has changed.

SquadGame: %LOCALAPPDATA%\SquadGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

SquadUAT: %LOCALAPPDATA%\SquadUAT\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Always with good will,

Battlecator | 😎

Edited by battlecator
  • Wizard
1 hour ago, battlecator said:

Hello everyone,

The dir for GameUserSettings.ini has changed.

SquadGame: %LOCALAPPDATA%\SquadGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

SquadUAT: %LOCALAPPDATA%\SquadUAT\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Always with good will,

Battlecator | 😎

Isn't UAT just a test client? Or is it a different version?

• 1 year later...