Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Same Cm/360 every game is good?

Hello, I thinking about having same cm/360, but it is better than having different cm/360 for every game? Im asking because csgo needs low cm/360, overwatch high, fortnite decent.. I play much every game, so my aim shakes. Can aim be stable after gaming at same cm/360? Im arm aimer.. Now im using 1800 dpi, 0.35 CSGO, 0.025 fortnite, 1.55 overwatch.

I was thinking about this too, but i think it’s more important to have ADS sens the same because 80% of the time you’ll be aiming down sights. From Cs to Bo3/4 to battlefield it’s going to be different 

Edited by nate
1 hour ago, nate said:

I was thinking about this too, but i think it’s more important to have ADS sens the same because 80% of the time you’ll be aiming down sights. From Cs to Bo3/4 to battlefield it’s going to be different 

That's incorrect, I thought the same a while ago. Matching ads sensitivity to your hipfire will result in an unnatural feel, you won't be able to control any scope. I'm pretty sure in cs:gp you can't even do that with a higher magnification.  Games aren't real life - if they were, then matching your 360 to any FOV would make sense.

Edited by MuntyYy
5 hours ago, MuntyYy said:

That's incorrect, I thought the same a while ago. Matching ads sensitivity to your hipfire will result in an unnatural feel, you won't be able to control any scope. I'm pretty sure in cs:gp you can't even do that with a higher magnification.  Games aren't real life - if they were, then matching your 360 to any FOV would make sense.

No obviously don’t match cs to the other games but, trying to match fov to have them the same jn every game & then match the ADS it should feel the same? I think? Or am i wrong

@MuntyYySo when FOV's are similar, use cm/360 and when they're different use monitor distance? This would also come into play when converting hipfire to different zoom scopes correct? At what point should you stop using cm/360 and use MM instead?
Also, what would be the point of using 100% mm distance? 

Up until now i have been converting hipfire senses between eachother using cm/360 when i can change the FOV in game, but when converting hipfire to a scope of some sort I've used monitor distance. When i used monitor distance, however, i use a 12.5% value because i estimated this is roughly the distance i flick and so matching to that point seemed logical?

When FOV's are similar any conversion method will give the exact result. When the discrepancy between FOV's is noticeably high you should probably stop converting via 360 method.
I personally use a low sensitivity, therefore 100% mm brings more versatility and room to improve IMO even though 00% is the way to go.
You do you, what works for me might not work for everyone.

To be precise, you can use 360 Distance only when FOV is exactly the same. But even then, there's no point in doing so because if you monitor match you will also get the same result when the FOV is the same. Easiest way to do it is to just choose your monitor match percentage and convert everything with it. Why bother discriminating whether FOV are close enough to use 360 Distance when it's unnecessary...

You can honestly use whatever monitor match percentage you want because they all follow the gear ratio principle but 0% is the most correct and best at tracking/precision at the crosshair. It's advantages far outweigh those of higher percentages.

Also, keep in mind that it's ill-informed to think in terms of percentage of the screen, because we know now that perceived sensitivity changes according to size and distance of your setup. Your percentage will not translate the same to another person's setup. It is all arbitrary.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, but the 360 , not a method, but as mobility for certain moments of rushing a house, in which you enter and you have to look at all the corners, it is also important, the problem of changing the fov is that if you want to maintain the same sensitivity, that agility is lost, and personally I also see important cursor placement, I always speak of hipfire, another thing is the scoped which method is the ideal to alleviate this transition so beast from one fov to another different?

Edited by NukeON
3 hours ago, NukeON said:

Okay, but the 360 , not a method, but as mobility for certain moments of rushing a house, in which you enter and you have to look at all the corners, it is also important, the problem of changing the fov is that if you want to maintain the same sensitivity, that agility is lost, and personally I also see important cursor placement, I always speak of hipfire, another thing is the scoped which method is the ideal to alleviate this transition so beast from one fov to another different?

See the thing is that it is a tradeoff. By allowing your muscle memory to transfer between different FOV you are giving up the ability to turn fast at lower FOV. The simple solution to this is to simply have a high enough hipfire FOV and only ADS when you are intending to shoot someone or get a better view of a distant target. Of course this is all relative to your sensitivity. Fast sensitivity players will not have this problem as much as low sensitivity players.

It is definitely complicated and nothing is ever perfect, but if you think about what you want your sensitivity to achieve (and what you are willing to give up) and convert your games appropriately then you will get much better results and things won't be such a headache.

Personally, I think you should start at the crosshair and convert with 0% monitor match. Your sensitivity should allow you to shoot the smallest common targets with relative comfort. Keep in mind that distant targets have a slower speed than targets up close, so you will never have to track a 5 pixel target that zips around your screen. Unless you play something like osu! with a small circle size.

Remember that at the end of the day, it's all preference.

0% converts the sensitivity. Other methods generate a sensitivity for a specific purpose.

360 is useful for maintaining mobility, but i would never recommend it for zoom/ads.

The reason why: If you zoomed in, the monitor would have to move away from you. Since the monitors location is fixed, 360 conversion wont work. If you changed the fov, the monitor would have to expand or shrink. Since the monitors size is fixed, you cant manipulate fov without affecting zoom. The monitor is the aperture, and the only true conversion is one based on the focal length rather than the fov itself. 0% scales based on the focal length, assuming the aperture is constant. It will give the correct conversion considering you dont convert to other apertures/monitor sizes.

thanks for the answers guys, for me it is important to maintain mobility, especially playing very aggressive, one more thing to see if you can help me, my sensitivity of battlefield is 8, about 30 cm, I take it to pubg, and I get the hipfire in cms the same as in battlefield using the 360, my question is, do I get 0% mm for ads and scopes of the sensitivity of the battlefield or the value of 360 of the pubg?

55 minutes ago, NukeON said:

thanks for the answers guys, for me it is important to maintain mobility, especially playing very aggressive, one more thing to see if you can help me, my sensitivity of battlefield is 8, about 30 cm, I take it to pubg, and I get the hipfire in cms the same as in battlefield using the 360, my question is, do I get 0% mm for ads and scopes of the sensitivity of the battlefield or the value of 360 of the pubg?

If you are going to use 0% for all your scopes, you could just turn on the Universal Soldier Aim option and set the coefficient to 0%.

39 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

If you are going to use 0% for all your scopes, you could just turn on the Universal Soldier Aim option and set the coefficient to 0%.

Yes, i have this in battlefield, im talking for export this sens for pubg, i need to choose 8 sens battlefield, or the valor of 360cm in pubg?For scopes only 0%mm

Edited by NukeON
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 10:54 AM, NukeON said:

Yes, i have this in battlefield, im talking for export this sens for pubg, i need to choose 8 sens battlefield, or the valor of 360cm in pubg?For scopes only 0%mm

Personally I just pick my main game and covert from that game to all my other games. In my case that was OW when I started using this website. I would just listen to the knowledgeable people on the website and do a 0% horizontal monitor match. It sounds like to appease what you are looking for though you always just use view speed vertical or use the 0% monitor match for everything other than hipfire. 🤷‍♂️

• 11 months later...

Hi guys i know this topic is outdated but i'm in the same case ! First pc gaming and my main concern is consistency or in others words muscle memory ! 

My main game is Rainbow Six Siege and on this game i have 17inches for 360⁰ hipfire ! And 1:1 hipfire and ads meaning that my ads is the same that my hipfire.

I read all of this 360 distance and 0% monitor match and i still wondering in my case 1:1 hipfire and ads 360⁰ which one to use to have the same sens on every game because i live battlefield / the new cod and it is a nightmare for me to figure it out ! 

Thanks to anybody answering this and please excuse my english, i'm french ! 

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2019 at 3:33 AM, MightyJay said:

Hi guys i know this topic is outdated but i'm in the same case ! First pc gaming and my main concern is consistency or in others words muscle memory ! 

My main game is Rainbow Six Siege and on this game i have 17inches for 360⁰ hipfire ! And 1:1 hipfire and ads meaning that my ads is the same that my hipfire.

I read all of this 360 distance and 0% monitor match and i still wondering in my case 1:1 hipfire and ads 360⁰ which one to use to have the same sens on every game because i live battlefield / the new cod and it is a nightmare for me to figure it out ! 

Did you get this sorted?  This is where I am, exact same game.  I went from crazy good player to sending it on MW for a few days and my Siege aim fell a part bad.  I am going to grab a lifetime subscription today to this site but want to be able to use it to do just this. 

• Wizard
On 9/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, MightyJay said:

There's no 1:1 when the FOV is different like it is between ADS and hipfire. The method you use for matching (360 distance or monitor distance X%) will only be correct for that exact method, all other metrics will be different. So it's down to what you prefer really. Do you want the same 360 distance for ease of navigating while ADS'ing, MDH 0% for consistent tracking or MDH X% for flicks.