Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Apex Legends

13 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

but how does this affect horizontal sensitivity? Is it the same as changing FOV?

you can in theory match one axis, it still messes with the diagonal as well as either the x or y axis depending on what you tried to match 

the 360 distance should stay identical while causing a different feel due to the change in fov as well as the stretched pixels 

image.png.70a9066e3d87551a7988305b93da6600.png16.9

image.png.413d6145212e3f8d881bee72df66aacf.png4.3 stretched 

the vertical sens shouldn't be affected

! however we never strictly move 100% vertical / horizontal and both diagonal as well as horizontal would get impacted by this change !

targets / your cursor would appear to move faster on the x axis than they should 

-------------

stretched is a mess generally not worth getting in to 

Edited by fortunate reee
  • Wizard
Just now, fortunate reee said:

btw @DPI Wizard that rounding thing that you mentioned , is it in any form correlated to the slight fov variation present in the in game fov slider ? 

would be pretty interesting if that was an intentional method of correcting an error

I don't think it's intentional, it's the actual 4:3 FOV derived from the multiplier that is rounded. And it goes both ways as it's a normal rounding where .5 is rounded up and .49 is rounded down.

@fortunate reee

But if there is no benefit to using stretched screen resolutions, why would the vast majority of Rainbow 6 esports players use 4: 3 stretched? They explain this by the fact that the models of opponents become wider and easier to hit. In addition, when the field of view decreases, there is a feeling of claustrophobia, and the general slowing down of the character's movement, when using an extended screen resolution, such a feeling does not arise. What do you think about this?

2 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

@fortunate reee

But if there is no benefit to using stretched screen resolutions, why would the vast majority of Rainbow 6 esports players use 4: 3 stretched? They explain this by the fact that the models of opponents become wider and easier to hit. In addition, when the field of view decreases, there is a feeling of claustrophobia, and the general slowing down of the character's movement, when using an extended screen resolution, such a feeling does not arise. What do you think about this?

why would the vast majority of r6 players use 83 ads for ads thinking that it gives them 1.1 sens when in reality it only matches the 360 distance for the 1x scope while giving you random distances on all other scopes. (as you might have found out by now pros are mostly  humans like you and me.)

obviously they spend alot more time in the game they play when compared to your average player and some are simply mechanically gifted.

that doesn't turn them into an all knowing entity most of them just copy what worked for others ( for example the change in ads sens to a value that isn't 83 (mostly lower)after shaiko started doing well in the second phase of his pro career) using a lower sens 

the initial reason for many pros to use 4.3 stretched is them  coming from a cs back ground where it was used to lower the fov / making the char models bigger and simply having gotten used to using it. (if you have already played a decade being on 4.3 stretched you might as well stick to it )

an alternative reason would be the good old "i heard it is good and x uses it so i just use it " 

when in reality there is no substantial evidence that stretched res actually makes you better just like there is no substantial evidence that stretched res is hurting our performance

(besides not being able to switch between non stretched and stretched fps games as easily as if you'd have played native in both ) 

https://youtu.be/R0_OK2yEed4  ( if you know what you are doing you don't really need crutches) 

tldr: both ways have their  advantages, native is just less messy to get into and easier to stay uniform with when playing more than one game  and aim training using something like kovaaks

tldr+: pros aren't all knowing creatures most of the time they just don't know whats good or what is the most viable option/ what things do this one is another great example of half baked knowledge about gsync( man still thinks that it introduces noticeable input lag which is factually incorrect) from a man that has played counterstrike for most of his career and happens to have no idea what hes talking about in this case.

-----------------------

great example would be f1 you wouldn't ask a formula 1 driver how to calculate the best possible speed to go into each corner you'd ask the mechanics / designers that put the actual math in the car and its several finely adjusted parts.

that doesn't mean the drivers aren't great at driving and it by no means makes them less valuable.

it just set boundaries we just kind of lack days 

---------------------------

you just need to know what you have on hand for your specific use case and use it to the best of its abilities 

if you play 16:9 with 90 vdeg you essentially have 120 fov that wont help you unless you stand right in front of someone 

using a more reasonable fov matching your native res is actually a smart choice (106 - 110 )can work wonders 

Edited by fortunate reee

Maybe it just seems like it to me because enemies are moving much faster but my sens, especially my my zoomed sens, feels different in Apex after converting it from Warzone. I used the "Auto FOV" for both games to get them both to 103 HDEG 16:9 so I expected it to feel really similar. I used 0 monitor coefficient in COD. 

Here's my input: image.thumb.png.08738f3377f51573fa98bd64108e099b.png

And just to make sure: "C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\settings.cfg" is the right place to put the text given by the calculator, right?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, kotaim said:

And just to make sure: "C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\settings.cfg" is the right place to put the text given by the calculator, right?

Yes, except for the FOV! That goes in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\profile\profile.cfg.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb DPI Wizard:

It depends on all your settings in MW and if the calculator is set up to replicate them. What are they?

I made sure these settings were set as listed here, anything else I need to pay attention to? image.png.e34567fe3a0efd3d55ae93a3c6996f6d.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 7:50 AM, DPI Wizard said:

All aim calculations are updated, the game does some rounding that made the calculations slightly off. Fixed it now so it should be 100% accurate!

I wonder if this is a holdover from Titanfall 2's FOV rounding.

• Wizard
7 minutes ago, zhanpeissov said:
Hello, I do not know English and I write through a translator. Help me set up my sens in kovaak. Apex setting Resolution 1728×1080 16:10 stretched sens in game 1.14 ads: 1.318 fov:1.55

This setup best matches your settings: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=33bf372b2e6c52671175cd6959ed0e2f

PS, you can click the icon next to an aim to launch 3D Aim Trainer directly with these settings ;)