FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Windows Pointer Speed

Hello, I've heard that using 6/11 WPS is the best one to use because it has better 1:1 tracking of your movements, and has less pixel-skipping. For the longest time, I've always used 4/11 so that it feels more native to my sensitivity in games. Should I switch to 6/11, or just continue using 4/11?

Also as a sidenote, who else is having mouse acceleration issues since the new GeForce Experience driver update? It seems my mouse has a very noticeable amount of accel in the overlay. I'm just afraid it may be affecting my movements in-game, as well. I've tried testing it, and I honestly can't tell. (FYI, I'm using the Zowie EC2-B, which has a 3360 sensor. So it can't be a hardware issue).

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

The issue with WPS is that some games ignore it completely, some apply it to the cursor but not the movement and some apply it to everything.

So 6/11 will be much more consistent, and if you are currently using 1600 or 3200 DPI you can just switch it to 400 or 800 to keep the same desktop sensitivity.

You will probably need to calculate new sensitivity for some games if you switch DPI though (those with raw input).

Ugh, I'm probably going to switch to 6/11. I use 800 DPI and a fairly low sensitivity for games (It's about 18.6 inches/360). I just hate having such a high pointer speed in desktop. I could just switch to 400 DPI when I'm done with my games, so it's pretty negligible, but still.

Would it be important to match (even just roughly) your desktop sens to your 3D sens? I just don't want to screw up my muscle memory. 

11 hours ago, ScaRy said:

Ugh, I'm probably going to switch to 6/11. I use 800 DPI and a fairly low sensitivity for games (It's about 18.6 inches/360). I just hate having such a high pointer speed in desktop. I could just switch to 400 DPI when I'm done with my games, so it's pretty negligible, but still.

Would it be important to match (even just roughly) your desktop sens to your 3D sens? I just don't want to screw up my muscle memory. 

Have a look at the FAQ section in the bottom of this thread:

I use a windows pointer speed factor of 1/8. There is nothing wrong with WPS values below the default. If anything, you benefit from the more granular angular increment per count for long range engagements. You also get more granular CPI. If your mouse supports CPI steps of 50, then '4/11' will effectively change that to steps of 25, allowing you to fine-tune to preference.

https://liquipedia.net/counterstrike/Mouse_Settings#Windows_Sensitivity

Edited by Drimzi
added link