Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Hard to just stick with a sensitivity so whats the average 360 that most use?

Just kinda still in the "wonder what sensitivity suits me better" phase(more like for over 4-5 years).  Been through the follow a dot on a wall trick and then doing constant flicks to right or left side of mouse pad to try and determine a sensitivity.. so I was playing about 24-25cm / 360 for a month or so, but felt like long range shots were impossible unless I squeezed my mouse super hard. Although I'm trying to flick, I feel like when I'm not consciously thinkin about flicking I will start tracking.. and it causes a problem.

Although I switched like 2 days ago to 48cm / 360 which feels okay to me in Overwatch/CS/BFV.. but in Apex Legends it just doesn't seem to work out too well. My Ads sometimes lags behind of people and if ppl come fight me right into my face I can't keep up with swipes. So I started just googling and checking sensitivities of various people and was wondering if there's somewhere actually a list of average sensitivity of pro players across multiple fps titles.. but couldnt find one.

One thing that kinda bothers me is that... this certain cm/360 seems kinda special. For some reason I see a lot of people use that. It is 34.6364 cm / 360 . I'm not sure what makes it so special, but perhaps someone can enlighten me.

So far what I've learned about myself as a fps player is that my mouse control doesn't seem to be very good, which means high sens is a no go for me. So I'm thinking that some sort of a low sensitivity probably should suit me. 48cm aim wise is nice, but if I could just retain that aim and still have a bit more freedom in movement it'd be superb.. so I'm not sure should I try to compromise and just drop my sensitivity from 48cm to like 40 or even to the magic number 34.6364 cm   or just stick with my 48cm .

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Psyqhical said:

Best thing to do is the "PSA method". Just youtube it.

Be aware that this method will take the majority of your day to complete. So make sure you're free and don't have any distractions.

With following the dot I meant PSA method. I think it just feels kinda flawed. Is there actually someone who's used it and just stuck with that sensitivity and can call it their "perfect" one?

27 minutes ago, Famatic said:

Is there actually someone who's used it and just stuck with that sensitivity and can call it their "perfect" one?

I wouldn't advise it otherwise. I didn't do the "follow the dot" routine though, I just did it while playing Overwatch.

44 minutes ago, Famatic said:

With following the dot I meant PSA method. I think it just feels kinda flawed. Is there actually someone who's used it and just stuck with that sensitivity and can call it their "perfect" one?

That's so relative. There is no method that will assure you're using the best sensitivity you can honestly. The best thing you can do is to play, play and play.

I'll tell you my personal opinion about sensitivity in different games. I used to play CSGO competitively and I use 70cm/360 on that game, but I don't play with the same sensitivity on apex, they're simply two different games that require completely different playstyles, for example targets move really fast on apex and there are many grappling/mobility mechanics, and 70cm on that game just don't feel right for me even tho I tried to use them for quite a bit of time. On apex I use around 58cm/360 for 1x ADS which feels better to me, especially to track fast-moving targets

This website is really informative and useful, it can HELP you find the right settings but sometimes people look too much at the numbers. Just use what feels right to you (like pros do) :)

Edited by Rec0il
59 minutes ago, Rec0il said:

That's so relative. There is no method that will assure you're using the best sensitivity you can honestly. The best thing you can do is to play, play and play.

I'll tell you my personal opinion about sensitivity in different games. I used to play CSGO competitively and I use 70cm/360 on that game, but I don't play with the same sensitivity on apex, they're simply two different games that require completely different playstyles, for example targets move really fast on apex and there are many grappling/mobility mechanics, and 70cm on that game just don't feel right for me even tho I tried to use them for quite a bit of time. On apex I use around 58cm/360 for 1x ADS which feels better to me, especially to track fast-moving targets

This website is really informative and useful, it can HELP you find the right settings but sometimes people look too much at the numbers. Just use what feels right to you (like pros do) :)

Yeah just a bit weird how 48cm works fine on OW, but Apex it just feels too slow.  I mostly play just Overwatch though. I just use numbers as guidelines sort of. Just thinking if I should lower it to 40-43cm and stick with that, since I'd like to have one sens across all games I play.

Edited by Famatic

If you are also matching the FOV across all those titles they shouldn't feel any different. Its probably best to just stick to one sensitivity to build up muscle memory. In the event you can't match the FOV, you can try out the Viewspeed option in the calculator to get a similar feel.

2 hours ago, Famatic said:

Yeah just a bit weird how 48cm works fine on OW, but Apex it just feels too slow.  I mostly play just Overwatch though. I just use numbers as guidelines sort of. Just thinking if I should lower it to 40-43cm and stick with that, since I'd like to have one sens across all games I play.

Probably on overwatch you make different movements, playstyle might differ from apex in many situations. You might use different scopes in different situations as well. Even if you got the same fov and sensitivity, that's one of the MANY reasons why it might feel different. Trying to match the fov is your best bet, if it still feels uncomfortable, just play and adjust it until it feels fine, without looking too much at the numbers. That's what I would do at least. We can adapt our muscle memory to learn new patterns, it's not like we are forced to have the same exact sensitivity for every game, i never had any problem with that and I always played FPS games at high level. But that's me, might be different for you.

Edited by Rec0il
1 hour ago, Krio said:

If you are also matching the FOV across all those titles they shouldn't feel any different. Its probably best to just stick to one sensitivity to build up muscle memory. In the event you can't match the FOV, you can try out the Viewspeed option in the calculator to get a similar feel.

So viewspeed over monitor distance? This should also be applied to hipfire or is hipfire better with 360?