Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

360 Distance Equation

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you trying to achieve? The calculator should allow you to select 360 distance if that is what you are trying to match between the two games. Just select advanced mode instead of simple.

The standard calculator does achieve this. But I was wanting to create an excel spreadsheet to prove that the ACOG, 1x sights and Hipfire in Siege all have different speeds to them regardless of how you set them. And also try something out in regards to using FOV and 360 distance to convert sensitivities. 

And well I ended up needing 360 distance along the way. Which I could find absolutely no information about.

I finally found out the CSGO 360 distance equation thank God. And how to convert back and forth between Siege and CSGO for 360 distance. So I got there in a super roundabout way eventually after I posted this.

• Wizard
14 hours ago, Fluvio said:

But I was wanting to create an excel spreadsheet to prove that the ACOG, 1x sights and Hipfire in Siege all have different speeds to them regardless of how you set them.

Besides the fact that it's impossible to match them all in the calculator, you have all the data directly from the devs here.

They even write:

...The ACOG optics will now move at the same speed as your 1x optics did with our original values (40% slower while ADS) and your 1x optics will now move at a much faster speed than before. In this particular case this player doesn’t mind because they prefer to focus on using an ACOG...

The short story is that ACOG has a FOV and sensitivity modifier of 0.35, while ADS has a FOV modifier of 0.9 and a sensitivity modifier of 0.6. So matching them both to hipfire is impossible.

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Besides the fact that it's impossible to match them all in the calculator, you have all the data directly from the devs here.

They even write:

...The ACOG optics will now move at the same speed as your 1x optics did with our original values (40% slower while ADS) and your 1x optics will now move at a much faster speed than before. In this particular case this player doesn’t mind because they prefer to focus on using an ACOG...

The short story is that ACOG has a FOV and sensitivity modifier of 0.35, while ADS has a FOV modifier of 0.9 and a sensitivity modifier of 0.6. So matching them both to hipfire is impossible.

Oh yeah I know that it's impossible to match all three. I wanted to be able to show that mathematically because I'm very active on the Reddit subs for Siege and a lot of people seem to believe that you can set them to be equal. Which just isn't the case because ACOG is practically faster for it's FOV than it should be (Or 1x is too slow. Either way. One of them isn't lined up).

And like I said, I wanted to test some stuff with regards to 360 distance and FOV. Like being able to show that ACOG is faster than Iron Sights when comparing the 360 distance and the FOV differences.

Which reminds me. Do you mind looking at something for me? I was wondering if a ratio between FOV and 360 distance could be used to convert sensitivity, and if so, are there any downsides to it? I keep thinking about it and I keep coming to the conclusion that it would be very accurate. Am I missing something? Kinda like this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PKCO0nKiKfrtiWv0IdFjiE_ABymyyaadV9NohSKGnjo/edit#gid=854093420. For it to convert sensitivities I'd need to do some more work but is the general idea behind it viable as a conversion method? 

Edited by Fluvio
  • 3 weeks later...

This formular worked and helped me when I transferred my PUBG mouse settings to CSGO. It applies to CSGO.

eDPI = DPI * in-game-sens

cm / 360° = (360° / (eDPI * 0.022)) * 2.54 cm

Note: applies when using raw input, no manipulation of horizontal or vertical sensitivity

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, Zan.shin said:

have you tried using the 360(alternatively do it yourself)  tool with xfactor set to 1.0 and ads 100 

it might not make sense from a matematical point of view but the pure 360 distance is indeed identical 

Since the ACOG/ADS 360 distance can't be shorter than the hipfire, this works. While some do, I'm not sure many people prefer ACOG to be the same 360 distance as hipfire though, it makes it extremely sensitive.