Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Correlation mouse weight/ sensitivity

I'm curious what to do when you switch to a lighter mouse.

A lighter mouse feels usually much quicker with same sense as an heavier one, but I'm scared to change my calculated 360/cm which I use for more then 1.5 years in all my games.

There isn't a calculator who tell you how to compensate your sensitivity with more or less weight. Asked this on mouse reddit and most of them said change sense but my theory is that even if the mouse is lighter or heavier your 360/cm is still the same so better to get used to the weight rather then mess with your 0% mm

Correct or wrong?

Grtz

Edited by dutch84
  • 2 weeks later...

Any change requires a period of adaptation.

Changing mouse pad or simply monitor size or distance from your viewing position even can throw your aim off temporarily.

You can also feel free to change sensitivity for experimentation. "Muscle memory" is not something that can be ruined by experimenting. You can very quickly adapt to, and return to, any setting after a few hours usually, a few days at the most. When you play video games you basically are just training hand eye co-ordination, the constant visual data input you get while turning is what gives you the ability to aim precisely, not the fact that a distance is exactly the same distance all the time for your hand etc.

When I moved to a wireless mouse I found the additional freedom meant I could lower sensitivity to gain more precision. Within a few hours it was comfortable and I was performing slightly better than the previous sens I had been on for about 8 months.

There is no "correct or wrong", don't worry about it too much.

• 1 year later...

So I haven't been aiming my best for a little while after switching from a G Pro Wireless to a Viper Ultimate but i stuck with the sensitivity i had been using for well over a year thinking i would just get used to it. After a month i wondered if lowering my sensitivity by the same percentage as i lowered the weight of the mouse by would help and i genuinely feel like my aim is just what i had before. Or maybe i got extremely lucky and finally found my natural sensitivity, or extremely unlucky and have created a placebo effect and my aim will feel more off than before after a longer period of testing. Either way, i would at least try to lower it by around the same percentage and see if it works for you

48 минут назад, stereo3D сказал:

when switching mice, you should also measure the real dpi. 1600 dpi on a g pro could be equivalent to 1500 dpi on a razer viper.

For viper u should use higher dpi than gpro ,because viper's sensor is shit, for example 1600dpi on g pro for viper it would be 1677 

I hadn't even considered the DPI discrepancy between sensors. I wouldn't say the sensor is bad, but it would definitely explain why my aiming has felt "off" until i messed with the DPI and also the ingame sense. Seems like I might've just been lucky in finding the balance between the two mice.