Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Borderlands 3

• Wizard
9 hours ago, Skwuruhl said:

Yeah I had a lot of issues trying to find any kind of consistent scaling. I don't know if it's just coincidence from the scopes I checked but listed scope power (e.g. 5.5x zoom) is approximately the proper zoom amount (e.g. the image on screen actually gets approximately 5.5 times larger). It's hard to tell exactly because the scope moves around while in ADS.

This makes the ADS sensitivity scaling so oddly even more difficult to understand since they seem to grasp the proper concept of zoom ratio. I doubt it's related to viewspeed since that's a mathematically nonsensical method (then again the borderlands scaling seems to be nonsensical too so who knows).

Edit: ADS sensitivity may change based on scope sway. This could be a compensation thing where fighting the sway doesn't mess with your crosshair placement, or it could be a bug. It's hard to tell.

The scope power they seem to have nailed. Using image comparison is not going to be 100% since the center of rotation moves when you zoom. I think it's in front when in hipfire (i.e. where your eyes would be) and actually center when zoomed. I've analyzed a lot of scopes now, and doing image comparison is so close to the true scope power that we can assume it is this. Measuring the FOV doing edge to edge turns also supports this (very hard with the sway though).

It definitely is not related to viewspeed, it just happens to be close to it.

I'm able to measure the 360 distance scoped with 100% precision. While the scope sways, the sway does not translate to any change un-zoomed in hipfire. So a fixed point in hipfire will always be the same and can be used as a reference point.

2 hours ago, sonorciff said:

Imagine if you get banned for trying to use a basic setting that should have been in base game. Gearbox....

Game has no anti-cheat

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I'm able to measure the 360 distance scoped with 100% precision. While the scope sways, the sway does not translate to any change un-zoomed in hipfire. So a fixed point in hipfire will always be the same and can be used as a reference point.

It's a minor effect but I noticed if I do many rotations then I'll end up over/undershooting almost at random. I can't tell if it is actually random or linked to the sway but I think it might be.

The hipfire sense values are completely incorrect. my apex sense is 2.5 at 600 dpi which is 11inchs , it says my sense in this game should be 8 when i manually measured it , it shouldve been 5

Edited by LordBane
I was wrong , its the way the game handles FOV and sensitivity
  • Wizard
2 hours ago, LordBane said:

The hipfire sense values are completely incorrect. my apex sense is 2.5 at 600 dpi which is 11inchs , it says my sense in this game should be 8 when i manually measured it , it shouldve been 5

Did you enter your configured FOV for Borderlands? Just checked the calculations and they are spot on. Test with Kovaak's Sensitivity matcher if you have any doubt.

28 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Did you enter your configured FOV for Borderlands? Just checked the calculations and they are spot on. Test with Kovaak's Sensitivity matcher if you have any doubt.

After testing its weird to see that the mouse sensitivity is tied to FOV i havent seen that before in other games. but just seems like the sensitivity in the game in general is all over the place but your calculations do seem correct my bad

• Wizard
Just now, LordBane said:

After testing its weird to see that the mouse sensitivity is tied to FOV i havent seen that before in other games. but just seems like the sensitivity in the game in general is all over the place but your calculations do seem correct my bad

You can see if the game have sensitivity affected by FOV in the game info :)

image.png

It's not that uncommon actually, about 25% of games currently in the calculator are affected by FOV.

The sensitivity in BL3 could definitely be better, especially aim sensitivity.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, WhoCares? said:

I tried changing the sensitivity with cheat-engine, but I could not identify the address 😕

I was able to find it but had to change values and scan like 10 times to get it to only two values.

Are you following these steps?

Use cheat engine to search for a float. The value you search for is 10% of the value you have the slider set to.

e.g.:

Set slider to 10

Search for 1

Set slider to 7

Search for 0.7 etc.

Once you've found the addresses set using the calculator 

• 4 months later...

@DPI Wizard I'm not entirely sure I understand the conversation that occurred in this thread. My Hipfire from Overwatch converted nicely (8.53, 550 DPI, MDV 0%), but Iron Sight ADS feels weird.

What weapon scopes am I supposed to be using to get proper conversion? Actual scopes? Iron sights? Etc. Or does ADS Sens work for all types of guns? I see that the calculator says ADS is for 2.2x zoom, but you say they nailed the scope sens, so are other scopes (5x) okay? Are Iron sights screwed up?

Edited by Carlos Resurreccion
  • Wizard
4 minutes ago, Carlos Resurreccion said:

@DPI Wizard I'm not entirely sure I understand the conversation that occurred in this thread. My Hipfire from Overwatch converted nicely (8.53, 550 DPI, MDV 0%), but Iron Sight ADS feels weird.

What weapon scopes am I supposed to be using to get proper conversion? Actual scopes? Iron sights? Etc. Or does ADS Sens work for all types of guns? I see that the calculator says ADS is for 2.2x zoom, but you say they nailed the scope sens, so are other scopes (5x) okay? Are Iron sights screwed up?

They nailed the scope power, not the sens I think. Last time I checked everything scaled differently with seemingly no logic, but let me know which scope you want (post a pic of the whole gun maybe) and I'll see if I can add it.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

They nailed the scope power, not the sens I think. Last time I checked everything scaled differently with seemingly no logic, but let me know which scope you want (post a pic of the whole gun maybe) and I'll see if I can add it.

I think Iron Sights all zoom to the same amount. Could you add those? These are two very different guns, with no indicated zoom, so I'm assuming it's Iron Sights. This is at 94 FOV, 16:9 (1080p). I did some testing and the FOV is exactly the same. Other than that, the scope levels are ridiculously varied, so it seems like a big hassle to add those, and this game doesn't really need zoom anyway, since everything's in your face, so Iron Sights would be good if you can please.

But in case you wanted to know, I've seen: 1.5x, 2.2x, 2.5x, 2.6x, 3x, 5x, 5.1x. I'm expecting there to be more.

Borderlands3_pRrVEqUZdJ.jpg

Borderlands3_npwuZqp9pe.jpg