Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Conversion Problem: Relative aim to Apex Legends (from MW)

Go to solution Solved by ProuDBeasT,

Hey guys,

I have difficulties finding the right sens for the zoom levels in Apex Legends (calculating from Modern Warfare). All of them have the same value (see screenshot). What am I doing wrong? Or do you guys know a better way to find out the correct values for each scope. I searched a lot of threads aready but couldn't find anything useful..

Relative aim coefficient: 1.25
Would be awesome if you could help out, because I really want to get back to Apex. 😕

eIN275S.png

KzoiuCw.png

• Wizard

First off, you are entering the in-game FOV for Apex, you need to enter the FOV from the config file listed in the FOV notes.

All the scopes at the same value is not so strange though, since Apex uses MDV 0% as the default scaling, and this is the same as the calculator is set up to do.

31 minutes ago, Nexced said:

Hey guys,

I have difficulties finding the right sens for the zoom levels in Apex Legends (calculating from Modern Warfare). All of them have the same value (see screenshot). What am I doing wrong? Or do you guys know a better way to find out the correct values for each scope. I searched a lot of threads aready but couldn't find anything useful..

Relative aim coefficient: 1.25
Would be awesome if you could help out, because I really want to get back to Apex. 😕

If I assume that your MW ADS sens multiplier is set to 1 (and your monitor distance coefficient to 1.25), this should be your sens in Apex: mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=ffa15926a5b7e2745b24094d7f28b3a0 , except for "scalar_0", that should be "1.077802" (not "1.111091"). Don't forget about changing the FOV in the config file.

On 11/06/2020 at 00:04, ProuDBeasT said:

If I assume that your MW ADS sens multiplier is set to 1 (and your monitor distance coefficient to 1.25), this should be your sens in Apex: mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=ffa15926a5b7e2745b24094d7f28b3a0 , except for "scalar_0", that should be "1.077802" (not "1.111091"). Don't forget about changing the FOV in the config file.

Hey thanks for the help. I played with the sens for a few days now and it still felt kind of off a bit. Realized that I forgot to change the FOV settings in the config you mentioned and tried it now.
The thing is the FOV scale of "1.341899" feels waay too zoomed in. I played with 1.55 for more then half a year and got used to it alot. 

Changed the multiplier to 1.55 (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=76f3b8b03892d34d2d32f7994cfc76d2 ). But now comes the question on how you got your data on  scalar_0 ("1.077802" (not "1.111091"))  and how, lets say the 'true' scalar 0 value, would change with a multiplier of 1.55

• Solution
2 hours ago, Nexced said:

Hey thanks for the help. I played with the sens for a few days now and it still felt kind of off a bit. Realized that I forgot to change the FOV settings in the config you mentioned and tried it now.
The thing is the FOV scale of "1.341899" feels waay too zoomed in. I played with 1.55 for more then half a year and got used to it alot. 

Changed the multiplier to 1.55 (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=76f3b8b03892d34d2d32f7994cfc76d2 ). But now comes the question on how you got your data on  scalar_0 ("1.077802" (not "1.111091"))  and how, lets say the 'true' scalar 0 value, would change with a multiplier of 1.55

Speaking of the FOV option, I just set it to 110 HFOV (your FOV in MW). Notice that cl_fovScale 1.55 is 123.268762 HFOV which is a big increase. In this case (as every time that the FOV changes), you can only maintain one aspect of your sensitivity and that's why it's recommended to keep your FOV constant across all games if possible. If you want to stay on 123.27 hipfire HFOV, you should try 360º distance (your link does that) or MDV 125% (because you're used to it for scopes) and see which one feels better (I'd personally try to avoid this situation). One more thing: if you're used to 110 Apex in-game FOV, you could try to set that in other games, but it's likely that it'll be out of range in most of them.

Regarding the scalar_0 value, it affects 1X Scope / ADS (SMG, SG, Pistol) and ADS (AR, LMG, Sniper) at the same time, but these two groups have different FOVs, so there should be a separte multiplier for each of them. When you select "All" in the conversion, the calculator will give you the value of the scalar_0 for AR, LMG and sniper ironsights FOV, but if you want all the 1X scopes and SMG, SG, pistol ironsights (except RE-45, which has its own ADS FOV value) to be correctly matched, you should use another value that can be calculated here: 

-If you used 360º distance for the hipfire conversion

-If you used MDV 125% for the hipfire conversion

Edited by ProuDBeasT
21 minutes ago, ProuDBeasT said:

Speaking of the FOV option, I just set it to 110 HFOV (your FOV in MW). Notice that cl_fovScale 1.55 is 123.268762 HFOV which is a big increase. In this case (as every time that the FOV changes), you can only maintain one aspect of your sensitivity and that's why it's recommended to keep your FOV constant across all games if possible. If you want to stay on 123.27 hipfire HFOV, you should try 360º distance (your link does that) or MDV 125% (because you're used to it for scopes) and see which one feels better (I'd personally try to avoid this situation). One more thing: if you're used to 110 Apex in-game FOV, you could try to set that in other games, but it's likely that it'll be out of range in most of them.

Regarding the scalar_0 value, it affects 1X Scope / ADS (SMG, SG, Pistol) and ADS (AR, LMG, Sniper) at the same time, but these two groups have different FOVs, so there should be a separte multiplier for each of them. When you select "All" in the conversion, the calculator will give you the value of the scalar_0 for AR, LMG and sniper ironsights FOV, but if you want all the 1X scopes and SMG, SG, pistol ironsights (except RE-45, which has its own ADS FOV value) to be correctly matched, you should use another value that can be calculated here: 

-If you used 360º distance for the hipfire conversion

-If you used MDV 125% for the hipfire conversion

I'm pretty used to the scope aim in MW, I mainly quickscope but in Warzone im playing iron sights and 1x.
Apex almost only with iron sights and 1x and sometimes 6-10x scope on sniper.
So you are saying I should use MDV 125% if I want to keep the scopes the same all across the games and 360° for hipfire right?

If the true HFOV is 120 then I might switch to 120 in Warzone too (would be better for visibility too) and adjust accordingly or will this mess everthing up.

Edited by Nexced
2 minutes ago, Nexced said:

So you are saying I should use MDV 125% if I want to keep the scopes the same all across the games and 360° for hipfire right?

Yes, that's your first link. And don't forget about that scalar_0 issue: you'll have to decide if you want to perfectly match all 1X + SMG, SG, pistol ironsights or AR, LMG and sniper. If you match the first ones, you can easily pick any scope for the second group and it'll be perfectly matched.

17 minutes ago, Nexced said:

If the true HFOV is 120 then I might switch to 120 in Warzone too (would be better for visibility too) and adjust accordingly or will this mess everthing up.

That would be a good option too if you feel that 360º distance feels good for hipfire. If it doesn't, you might want to try your prefered MDV %.

2 minutes ago, ProuDBeasT said:

Yes, that's your first link. And don't forget about that scalar_0 issue: you'll have to decide if you want to perfectly match all 1X + SMG, SG, pistol ironsights or AR, LMG and sniper. If you match the first ones, you can easily pick any scope for the second group and it'll be perfectly matched.

That would be a good option too if you feel that 360º distance feels good for hipfire. If it doesn't, you might want to try your prefered MDV %.

highly suggest using auto fov when intending to keep the same fov saves you so much effort down the road

8 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

highly suggest using auto fov when intending to keep the same fov saves you so much effort down the road

Dumb question how would I enable the auto fov if i want to keep the fov equal through out ? 

• Nexced changed the title to Conversion Problem: Relative aim to Apex Legends (from MW)