Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

54 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

This diagonal formula is too fast IMO. I really liked the scaling of the bugged formula before it lol. The ratio between all of the FOVs just felt better. I'll see if I can get that scaling without messing around with diagonals, etc.

The scaling of the previous formula was perfect, my hipfires feel good on this but ADS feels too slow, I dont know man why is this so difficult

3 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Your low FOVs feel slow?? Slow in general or slow in comparison to hipfire?

Slow in general, i feel like I'm constantly tracking behind. The previous iteration i would just naturally re-adjust to the head. For the record, the lowest FOV I use is 61.84 vFOV.

Edited by KandiVan
On 12/11/2017 at 6:33 PM, Drimzi said:

This feels the best to me in terms of 2D to 3D.

Horizontal Deg. | 4:3 Base

Horizontal Deg. | Res Base

Vertical Degrees

3 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

This looks promising.

Viewspeed v2 * Chord/Arc (Viewspeed v1 concept) = 100% monitor match

Viewspeed v2 / Chord/Arc = Similar scaling to the best formula so far

CSGO Zoom Sensitivity Ratio = 1.04664

try taking viewspeed v1 (when my shotty flicks felt the best) and applying the FOV scaling from the above formula. I think thats what you were planning, but just verifying

Edited by KandiVan
On 12/13/2017 at 6:00 AM, potato psoas said:

So because I no longer think VFOV and HFOV have different cm/360, here is another Excel document that you should download:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgoMjDNmWWpe6BNOggV8D4ynasKz

Quoting my instructions:

Edit: I have also made a Google Sheets Doc as I was asked to make one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WVC-ON76awAaqHqJoCP44JNQi6pTJ2jdFvdVGFGC5lM/edit?usp=sharing

It just dawned on me but my method is exactly the same as the Gear Ratio method. (I think I was using the vertical monitor distance as if it were the horizontal monitor distance) LOL

So mathematically I came to the same conclusion but a more complicated process than gear ratios.

Now if this is so, then why don't people like using Gear Ratios?

Personally I think, because the arc is greater than the chord length, the 2D sensitivity feels faster than the 3D sensitivity. The higher the FOV the slower it feels.

Edited by potato psoas
12 hours ago, potato psoas said:

It just dawned on me but my method is exactly the same as 100% monitor match. (I think I was using the vertical monitor distance as if it were the horizontal monitor distance) LOL

So mathematically I came to the same conclusion but a more complicated process than gear ratios.

Now if this is so, then why don't people like using 100% monitor match?

Personally I think, because the arc is greater than the chord length, the 2D sensitivity feels faster than the 3D sensitivity.

Because 100% monitor match often doesn't feel as good towards the center of the screen. Matching a point at the edge of a 16:9 screen is not something you would do frequently in games, shooting an enemy towards the far edge of the screen you probably are already dead in most cases. At that same token, I don't know why people don't like 75% as that is matching on a 4:3 screen that nobody uses anymore.

You would think 0% would feel most natural to people, but it's often too slow. Like how is Viewspeed V2 any different from 75% match? It is surely different, but if you had a blind test could you tell the 1cm difference it makes in most games? Maybe you could, but even if you could, the difference would be small. 

46 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Viewspeed v2 is only similar to 75% at a very specific aspect ratio, 16:9. You guys got to remember that these monitor match systems depend on the aspect ratio. As soon as you get a wider monitor that grants an extra 25% peripheral vision or whatever, while the 75% of the original vision in front of you looks EXACTLY the same, the sensitivity result you will get from 75% monitor match will be way off of viewspeed.

So once you are certain you know exactly how to make Viewspeed independent of your aspect ratio does that mean you can apply it to any formula or monitor match you choose? I'm probably making the wrong assumptions but I think you'll get what I mean.

Edited by potato psoas