Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

Just replace the Sqrt(2) with π/2 in the formula links. It will look like this:

(π/2×h/(m×w) π) × (1/(arctan(sqrt(2) y tan((π x)/360))))

After trying out this, I'm really liking how this general formula scales between different FOVs. As for 2D to 3D, though, as things are, I can't really tell what matches better yet, it seems. I probably need more time at 325 DPI to be able to tell. I'm trying to think of ways I can build up a sense for the speed of a DPI the fastest. I was thinking of trying to track my cursor with my eyes somewhat loosely while doing something like aimbooster, or even in regular usage. Do you know of any ways to speed that up?

As for diagonal FOV, I remember that one felt weirdly like it was matching at 90 FOV, but I don't think I liked how it scaled between FOVs, not sure. I can try it out for longer tomorrow to compare it if you need opinions, but I'm not sure how much mine can help with matching.

2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

I think matching to the diagonal desktop length is the best one. It feels great to me. With this method, the next logical sensitivity would be the 90 degree arc length, which is a bit faster. If you feel like the sensitivity is sluggish, try that.

What sensitivity is this at 1920x1080 6/11? Not really sure how to implement this into the formula links.

(CSGO at 90 FOV of course!)

Edited by Cocyx Skeleton

I tried Viewspeed - 1:1 Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV and Viewspeed - 1:1 Diagonal Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV out before going back to 100% Monitor Match - 1:1 Diagonal Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV .

I think the answer is somewhere around the monitor match, too. I adjusted to both viewspeed ones pretty quickly, but it felt like adjusting. the monitor match one kind of shares the awkwardness I feel at this DPI since I'm not used to it, I think.

Going to retry the slower version of the monitor match formula soon. Didn't get much time with it before I had to sleep.

7 hours ago, Drimzi said:

"Monitor Match - 1:1 Diagonal Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV" formula above, with Chord/Arc correction to speed it up. Basically aspect ratio independent Viewspeed v1 using diagonals.

Viewspeed v1 - 1:1 Diagonal Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV

This does change the scaling. From limited testing (I didn't like it lol), it seems like it preserves 2D flick distances, but the speed of the game world as you rotate is all out of sync. I couldn't flick accurately with this though, as I perceive distances differently depending on the FOV. I think "Monitor Match - 1:1 Diagonal Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV" still feels the best by far. The rotational speed just looks the same no matter what FOV it is.

IMO this is the best formula

It's like having your monitor match set at 50% for 180 FOV and then you just scale down to 100% monitor match as you approach 0 FOV. But I think it would be great if you could also set your own monitor match limit so you can play around for yourself (this would just be the default in the calculator).

So the monitor match formula is

inch/360 = (height/(DPI*WPS))*((PI*MM)/(ATAN(MM*TAN((PI*VFOV)/360)))),

where MM (monitor match percentage) = COS(FOV(ACOS(limit)/180)),

and where the limit is the monitor match limit you want to use for your scaling.

This allows for heaps of customisation.

I bet the default limit in the calculator should be 75% MM 1:1 as this is the similar to the formula of Drimzi's that I like best.

image.png.10714d6abf5ce6b2e533770f2a72fa51.png

Edited by potato psoas
changed formula from aspect ratio dependent horizontal to independent vertical

So I made sure to use the aspect ratio independent monitor match formula this time round and I found that this formula is pretty much 100% MM at 1:1:

13 hours ago, Drimzi said:

And I actually don't like this formula:

On 12/17/2017 at 18:41, Drimzi said:

As your FOV increases it gets too slow. You switch between 170 FOV and 2D and 2D feels way too fast in comparison.

That's why I like the other one because it's not too slow but it's also not too fast at the high FOVs. It's a good middle ground, I feel like I am not too far off what the 2D feels like.

I might even decrease the limit to 75% maybe. Just a little bit faster than what the formula has.

So, I was playing around with these viewspeeds and matching them to CSGO. The issue is, compared to a straight monitor match, the value for the different scopes is actually different depending on the scope you want to use AWP vs SSG for example. If you use monitor match 75% it is the same no matter what scope it is, i.e. 1 for everything instead of .98 .971 or whatever it would be. I realize it is more accurate to use something like Viewspeed between FOVS, but why not just leave it at 75% MM and it's not perfect but at least it's the same for everything. 

The only game I know of that has a default FOV above 110 is Quake Champions, the only things that have FOVS <50 are typically high powered sniper scopes, in those two outlying situations, I am ok with a little less accuracy, I think.

I am curious how 41.6cm/360 in CSGO translates to Quake Champions with this formula (the 100%MM one) as that is kind of the best "real" world example I can think of. Anyways, I am excited to see the conclusion you guys come up with.

1 minute ago, Traxilla said:

Would love to try out the different formulas, But have no clue how to use them in practice :S

Click the wolfram links, make sure the variables at the beginning match your fov, resolution height, dpi, and aspect ratio/fov type, and look at the number it gives you at the bottom. If there's no number, you might have to click the "show approximate form" button at the bottom, and if it's not there, below the formula there's a 'use decimal' button. Once you get a number, you'll have your 360 distance at that FOV, though.

From that point, I just use the current calculator to find my 360 distance in siege's settings at my FOV by just tweaking numbers till it's right, but maybe there's a better way.

I was looking at some of these comments and it finally makes more sense to me. I still don't really understand how to utilize this formula if you don't care about desktop, all you want to do is match one game to another. Essentially, the downfall of monitor match is aspect ratio related and it is also flawed when you get to the extremes of FOV at either end.

This one seems to be the consensus best one correct: 100% Monitor Match - 1:1 Diagonal Desktop, 1:1 Diagonal FOV ?