Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Jedi's mouse trick

I spent a whole week testing different settings and conversion methods. In my head I have certain requirements for the style of aiming, also there are limitations imposed by the large palm, I can not use the palm grip, I am limited by my fingers and wrist. I started coming from a big centimeter at 360, the fingers had full range work, in game it was a small range, most of the moving work was on the shoulder, the fingers were like micro-corrections or micro-flicking. After I got the conclusion: When you go from hipfire in osu feel gaps in the sens, I also hit short distances, but when the distance becomes half of the monitor or from edge to edge, then there are gaps in the sense of sensitivity, that is, there is a certain effective range, usually it is horizontal, in the vertical 90% of the selected conversion will be felt accurately. 

After that I decided to use 103 FoV because it is more correct for 16: 9 format (I used 90 and when converted to MDV0% I got high speed for scope, ADS) but when I used 103 instead of 90 I got more accurate results from osu to scope, ADS.

for the ideal, I used the pro player setting. 1) he could use this site and look up the settings himself and 2) he had personal experience looking up data, through diligent training.
Either option is acceptable because he felt no discomfort and showed amazing results in both spaces.

Osu x0.75 800 dpi, overwatch 4 103 FoV W:43 Ashe:47. From osu to hipfire it is 200%MDH, from hipfire to Scope W it is just over 100% MDV, and ADS Ashe is -100% MDV in both cases the effective range for shooting further from the crosshairs or closer to the crosshairs is shifted. Either conversion will work, but at different points(pixels or whatever, I don't know how to describe it), which is why I was having trouble with this. How to determine for myself the effective range. I have come to my current settings, they come from my needs, which are shaped by my thinking and my experience in osu, as well as the original idol, which has proven to work.

I gave up on the acceleration as it is not suitable for me. I use my wrist and fingers and acceleration bothers me here, I need maximum consistency in my movements and results, Since I'm taking the basis of multiplier from osu is 1 at 600 dpi, in mouse settings X'600 Y'800 (for me I need more in the vertical, 1.33 is most effective for me without acceleration, than 1.7778 with rawaccel without curve). I use 200% MDH for hipfire osu, after translating hipfire to scope and ADS, to begin with tested 100% MDV, then 0% MDV, then the method of arithmetic mean centimeters and it was most accurate after moving from osu to the game. Again, it is most accurate for me, for example for "effect" W:43 is more acceptable for his shooting style, which is 100%, I have W:40.08. It all works as described in the instructions on the site, different points appear at different distances, but the centimeter average is still more accurate. If you train yourself for 100% MDV, it will be just as accurate. All conversions for each person are in his head, his mindset makes him aim at a certain area for the flick and this area is determined by the effective, "effect" was aiming with a crosshair from the hitbox at quite a long distance(by my standards)

Let me repeat a little more, according to my feeling the most correct FoV for 16:9 is about 103, maybe 105, but in general about 103 (102.447858). Maybe I'm wrong, but this is a more proper conversion from 103 FoV to different sights, in 16:9 format. I'm not talking about the sense of speed, I'm talking about accuracy.

One thing is still to mention.

If you want the same feel on Desktop you should also disable Rawinput in your game options otherwise it will feel always different to windows.

I dont say rawinput adds input lagg or dont work.(it does what its supposed to do)

But Rawinput change the way your Sensitivity behaves. Try to do small and big Circles ingame with Rawinput on and off and you will see the difference.

On 12/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, Pherall said:

So if I want to try this I would match windows/desktop with monitor distance vertical 68 % to game?

I'm sorry I didn't realize that the procedure for the calculator here would be a little different. Because the sensitivity of the selected games cannot be adjust. My method don't have constant MD%. For each FOVs you will get slightly different MD%. Here is example for Win/CS:GO:

Jedi's mouse trick (Vertical):
1) Set MDV to 0% and note the 360° distance (11.3097 inches)
2) Set MDV to 100% and note the 360° distance (13.1815 inches)
3) Calculate average of both values (11.3097 + 13.1815)/2 = 12,2456
4) Now manually adjust MDV% until the 360° distance will match with value above 12,2456 (MDV 68.6%)
5) Result is: sensitivity "3.340723"

Web_25.png.952cbadbd0d4255eaf837aec283f8ec1.png

14 hours ago, Quackerjack said:

If you want the same feel on Desktop you should also disable Rawinput in your game options otherwise it will feel always different to windows

That is true. But I do not recommend it to anyone. If you turn off RawInput, your mouse speed will be limited by your FPS. And negative acceleration can occur. Also mouse distances will not be stable. RawInput is a small miracle. Do not turn it off :) 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:59 PM, Pyroxia said:

Ok I tried enough and I can say nothing special about this method for me. It's just another monitor distance percentage

I understood from this post that you are playing with different sensitivity for Horizontal/Vertical. In this case you have to apply this method for both axis. 

Jedi's mouse trick (Horizontal):
1) Set MDH to 0% and note the 360° distance (11.3099 inches)
2) Set MDH to 100% and note the 360° distance (16.2624 inches)
3) Calculate average of both values (11.3099 + 16.2624)/2 = 13,78615
4) Now manually adjust MDH% until the 360° distance will match with value above 13.7858 (MDH 65.92%)
5) Result is: m_yaw "0.019542"

So in your case you will set sensitivity "3.340723" from (Vertical) and m_yaw "0.019542" from (Horizontal).

Web_22.png.448abf1c3e267efd045ae03cf03076a2.png

But others should avoid this. The more widescreen is resolution the less benefit from all MDH methods. Except MDH 0% of course.

• Wizard
Just now, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

Of course I don't mind. Without this community, I would never have discovered this method .) It will be an honor for me :D 

Cool, I'll let you know when I have a beta version of it up and running so you can verify it :D

I'll name them Jedi's Trick - Horizontal and Vertical maybe.

I'm working on a lot on new features like swapping input and output with a click (to reverse the calculation) and adding games favorites so they appear in the top of the list, I'll include this in the next update.

Been trying this method for a couple of days and i retract my previous statement that desktop sensitivity doesnt influence ingame.

I've noticed a big jump in hitting shots in these 2 days and this is imo the best method i have ever tried.

Thanks Jedi and good job! 😃

“The moment you become friends with your inner Self, you realize that the failures or hindrances that you met earlier were caused more by your disconnected status with your inner Being.”

Edited by Pherall
On 12/3/2021 at 2:43 AM, DPI Wizard said:

Cool, I'll let you know when I have a beta version of it up and running so you can verify it :D

I'm working on a lot on new features like swapping input and output with a click (to reverse the calculation) and adding games favorites so they appear in the top of the list, I'll include this in the next update.

How can I reach beta version? I want to try new features early lol.

I like the idea behind this but in practice i think its not worth.(for most) Maybe for the high sensitivity users its good.

You need at 400dpi already a sensitivity of 3.34 ingame. What if this is to high for you? You lower your Desktop dpi to 300 then? Its the same with all other methods to match 2D to 3D, 2D becomes extrem slow and 3D extrem fast if u try to match. Except you play on an extrem low FoV Game than this will becomes Great ;)

On 12/3/2021 at 12:43 AM, DPI Wizard said:

I'm working on a lot on new features like swapping input and output

It was a really challenge for me. It's possible in my utility when changing the presets. For me the biggest challenge was breaking the MD% matching in v2. It cost me a lots of mental health :D And the biggest change in v3 is possibility to compare aims. Because from the very beginning. My utility was focused only to Win/Game. So huge step in my case. But my spreadsheet become a crazy roller coaster now. So in future i will have to focus to make it more simple/clean. Otherwise i will lost myself in it.

So i can imagine how much effort you have to create when maintaining your calculator for nearly thousands games ... And lots of pressure from community for new features :D I have only 4x games. So it's not problem for me to start from scratch every time i found a better way.

12 hours ago, Quackerjack said:

Its the same with all other methods to match 2D to 3D, 2D becomes extrem slow and 3D extrem fast if u try to match

On 11/29/2021 at 12:03 AM, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:
On 11/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, CaptaPraelium said:

But for people who don't have a standard hipfire, I'm not sure there's any way to extract any benefit in matching to desktop at all

I'm sure. There's not! If people have different hipfire FOV (they are playing more than one game). It's of course useless to use this method for Desktop/Hipfire. Because even if the sensitivity will feel the similar on screen. It will not feel same when looking around. Because 360° distance will be different.

For me it's still not over. I have in my mind a idea of simulating game sensitivity in Windows. I plan to play with RawAccel in future. If the software will allow me to create a acceleration profile. I think I will be able to further remove the differences. 

Web_31.png.0773c94682995d64481402a7d4ae952b.png

So if it will be possible, we could create 3D sensitivity feel on 2D. Now imagine that you are playing actively for example eight games. And the hipfire VFOV between these eight games is between for example from 65° to 80°. So we could create a acceleration profile that will simulate an average of 72.5 ° in Windows. So transsition between these eight games will feel more smooth. This will further improve all methods across games :) But it's just a theory in my head for the future. For now i know nothing about RawAccel ...

Much simple would be a possibility in Windows mouse settings to switch to "3D mode". Where you will set FOV and cursor on screen will behave like in game :D

Web_30.png.779690c15dd4446caa80ba27d3025a8e.png

Edited by MacSquirrel_Jedi
4 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

It was a really challenge for me. It's possible in my utility when changing the presets. For me the biggest challenge was breaking the MD% matching in v2. It cost me a lots of mental health :D And the biggest change in v3 is possibility to compare aims. Because from the very beginning. My utility was focused only to Win/Game. So huge step in my case. But my spreadsheet become a crazy roller coaster now. So in future i will have to focus to make it more simple/clean. Otherwise i will lost myself in it.

So i can imagine how much effort you have to create when maintaining your calculator for nearly thousands games ... And lots of pressure from community for new features :D I have only 4x games. So it's not problem for me to start from scratch every time i found a better way.

For me it's still not over. I have in my mind a idea of simulating game sensitivity in Windows. I plan to play with RawAccel in future. If the software will allow me to create a acceleration profile. I think I will be able to further remove the differences. 

Web_31.png.0773c94682995d64481402a7d4ae952b.png

So if it will be possible, we could create 3D sensitivity feel on 2D. Now imagine that you are playing actively for example eight games. And the hipfire VFOV between these eight games is between for example from 65° to 80°. So we could create a linear acceleration profile that will simulate an average of 72.5 ° in Windows. So transsition between these eight games will feel more smooth. This will further improve all methods across games :) But it's just a theory in my head for the future. For now i know nothing about RawAccel ...

Much simple would be a possibility in Windows mouse settings to switch to "3D mode". Where you will set FOV and cursor on screen will behave like in game :D

Web_30.png.779690c15dd4446caa80ba27d3025a8e.png

3d windows is my dream since years. I searched it everywhere.

18 hours ago, MysticFLow said:

im very new and don't understand.. what & should i use?

first you go read the instructions(checkt eh left hand side) then use whatever you consider to match your style or whatever feels good to you

then you ignore this thread until it has been integrated into this website

----------------

thats all

Edited by fortunate reee
On 12/3/2021 at 12:43 AM, DPI Wizard said:

I would feel like a superstar, but that's not necessary. It may sound cool to kids. But for the good of all, I suppose this could be more intuitive:

Web_33.png.6fe49d62f03a79a0c60fbb5689f58c63.png

Classic:
Exactly one mouse distance = one monitor distance (one point on screen). 
All other mouse distances will result in a different monitor distance.
0%         (0%)
100%    (100%)

Jedi's mouse trick:
Same as Classic. But all mouse distances are reduced to minimum monitor distance deviation (all points on screen) for given % range.
0%        (0%)
100%    (0-100%) = range from middle of screen to the edge of screen
20-60% (20-60%) = range from 20% of screen to 60% of the screen - this is weird settings… but possible.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:15 AM, Vaccaria said:

All conversions for each person are in his head, his mindset makes him aim at a certain area for the flick and this area is determined by the effective

I like this passage :)

Edited by MacSquirrel_Jedi
22 minutes ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

I would feel like a superstar, but that's not necessary. It may sound cool to kids. But for the good of all, I suppose this could be more intuitive:

Web_33.png.6fe49d62f03a79a0c60fbb5689f58c63.png

Classic:
Exactly one mouse distance = one monitor distance (one point on screen). 
All other mouse distances will result in a different monitor distance.
0%         (0%)
100%    (100%)

Jedi's mouse trick:
Same as Classic. But all mouse distances are reduced to minimum monitor distance deviation (all points on screen) for given % range.
0%        (0%)
100%    (0-100%) = range from middle of screen to the edge of screen
20-60% (20-60%) = range from 20% of screen to 60% of the screen - this is weird settings… but possible.

I like this passage :)

honestly just adding an s would likely cause even more confusion with new users, should consider smth more unique