Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, NaCl said:

Okay,  thanks ! Just took a subscription. Everything's working perfectly ! Just one last question (That will probably sound dumb to you) : Does the aspect ratio impacts the sensitivity ? Just want to be sure.

That actually depends on the game and what conversion method you are using. If you wonder if it affects the sensitivity just try to change the aspect ratio of the resolution in the calculator and check if the calculated sensitivity changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, After reading a lot about diffeent conversion methods I still am not sure if I understand everything correctly :)

My "muscle memory" is based on CSGO playing for long time - now I switched to RS Siege

I realize that best option is to keep the same FOV , but I have a feeling that in RS Siege FOV around 74 is a bit too low.
Most of player use higher FOV and after some testing I have to admit that 85-90 may be more useful in RS Siege.

AS far I know best method for me with changed  FOV is convert Monitor Match 0% for CSGO Hipfire- RS6 Hipfire and then using the same method for ACOG OR Ironsight

I am not sure but if I remember from some discussions here, it is not possible to match ACOG and Ironsight the same time because both use the same parameter in config file

Could somebody confirm/deny above information?

6 hours ago, Duszolap said:

Hi, After reading a lot about diffeent conversion methods I still am not sure if I understand everything correctly :)

My "muscle memory" is based on CSGO playing for long time - now I switched to RS Siege

I realize that best option is to keep the same FOV , but I have a feeling that in RS Siege FOV around 74 is a bit too low.
Most of player use higher FOV and after some testing I have to admit that 85-90 may be more useful in RS Siege.

AS far I know best method for me with changed  FOV is convert Monitor Match 0% for CSGO Hipfire- RS6 Hipfire and then using the same method for ACOG OR Ironsight

I am not sure but if I remember from some discussions here, it is not possible to match ACOG and Ironsight the same time because both use the same parameter in config file

No. I was in the same boat but you need to pick either ACOG or Holo to match to your csgo. I picked HOLO so my ACOG is different but it doesn't feel too off. 

Just now, doreato said:

No. I was in the same boat but you need to pick either ACOG or Holo to match to your csgo. I picked HOLO so my ACOG is different but it doesn't feel too off. 

Every time I see a post about this game from this site I am hoping Ubisoft finally fixed this stupid issue. Like how hard is it? You have one of the most popular FPS esports in the world and you can't fix the frickin scaling of your scopes.

And @Duszolap don't change your FOV ever, for any reason, it is so bad for muscle memory. CSGO's FOV of 106.26 HFOV is actually the best of all worlds in my opinion, good for fast and slow games. That is kind of the purpose of this site.

4 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

And @Duszolap don't change your FOV ever, for any reason,

I don't agree with this at all, I like the most FOV I can in any game beyond like 130 or so when it gets ridiculous. I was using 75 FOV at first and while it felt similar to my OW sens but that didn't make up for how little I saw nor how sick I got from looking. I stuck to 90 fov and while my sens isn't perfectly translated I think that's worth the extra sight.

Edited by doreato
16 minutes ago, doreato said:

I don't agree with this at all, I like the most FOV I can in any game beyond like 130 or so when it gets ridiculous. I was using 75 FOV at first and while it felt similar to my OW sens but that didn't make up for how little I saw nor how sick I got from looking. I stuck to 90 fov and while my sens isn't perfectly translated I think that's worth the extra sight.

Well whatever you use stick to it. 130 is an insane FOV, but it's all opinion. Facts are you will be better and more consistent using one FOV. So if you use 130 crank it up in every game. Most console games use a much lower FOV than 106.26 HFOV, so unless you're used to Quake or one of those types of games not sure why you would prefer that, but again it's opinion.

Your anecdote on Overwatch to Seige can be explained simply that you got used to using the high FOV in seige, maybe you think there is tactical advantages (maybe there are) but as far as aim goes you would of been better off sticking with your OW FOV.

Like the purpose of this site is to mirror your aiming between games, if you're changing your FOV, you are no longer doing that. Still others would say keeping the same hipfire 360 is more important than matching FOV. So if you keep the same distance/360 the high FOV would feel very fast, but you would acclimate quickly. It still would be preferable to match FOV if you can.

Let's take an example of a popular streamer who switches games a lot say shroud. He doesn't really take the time to match aims between games and is good at them all. Why is this? Well after you play the same game for 4+ hours or for weeks on end using the same aim settings you will naturally acclimate and become skilled. Then he goes back to CSGO and says he's "rusty" this site attempts to avoid that "rusty" period.

It's not going to turn you into a pro overnight, but yes if you use the same aim/FOV in every game, you WILL be more consistent, you will have less slumps. It's like anything if you eliminate factors that force you to adapt on the fly, introduce things you can do without thinking you will become better at that activity. Be more efficient, if your body can flick to a head across the screen with the same sensitivity and same FOV and you have done it thousands of times you will be able to flick to that head when it matters.

Edited by Bryjoe
13 hours ago, Bryjoe said:

Well whatever you use stick to it. 130 is an insane FOV, but it's all opinion. Facts are you will be better and more consistent using one FOV. So if you use 130 crank it up in every game. Most console games use a much lower FOV than 106.26 HFOV, so unless you're used to Quake or one of those types of games not sure why you would prefer that, but again it's opinion.

Your anecdote on Overwatch to Seige can be explained simply that you got used to using the high FOV in seige, maybe you think there is tactical advantages (maybe there are) but as far as aim goes you would of been better off sticking with your OW FOV.

Like the purpose of this site is to mirror your aiming between games, if you're changing your FOV, you are no longer doing that. Still others would say keeping the same hipfire 360 is more important than matching FOV. So if you keep the same distance/360 the high FOV would feel very fast, but you would acclimate quickly. It still would be preferable to match FOV if you can. 

Let's take an example of a popular streamer who switches games a lot say shroud. He doesn't really take the time to match aims between games and is good at them all. Why is this? Well after you play the same game for 4+ hours or for weeks on end using the same aim settings you will naturally acclimate and become skilled. Then he goes back to CSGO and says he's "rusty" this site attempts to avoid that "rusty" period.

It's not going to turn you into a pro overnight, but yes if you use the same aim/FOV in every game, you WILL be more consistent, you will have less slumps. It's like anything if you eliminate factors that force you to adapt on the fly, introduce things you can do without thinking you will become better at that activity. Be more efficient, if your body can flick to a head across the screen with the same sensitivity and same FOV and you have done it thousands of times you will be able to flick to that head when it matters.

Thank you all for answers. Really appreciate it. I still can't decide if match sens to ACOG or Holo:)

@BryjoeAs you said - it is preference and I am not going to start any discussion what FOV is better.

For sure keeping the same FOV is the most consistent way to switch from game to game, but on the other hand I think that tools like Monitor Matching at 0% are designed to have different FOV and still feel ok with playing new game.

I can only tell my own experience with RS6 and in my initial post I opted for larger FOV for two reasons:
- most of action is inside buildings, space is rather limited - it is different than CSGO, and I think larger FOV can be an advantage here
- most of pro players user values close to 90 - I am not going to copy them mindlessly, but surely they have better experience than me, so ther is a high probability that they are right:)

4 hours ago, Duszolap said:

Thank you all for answers. Really appreciate it. I still can't decide if match sens to ACOG or Holo:)

@BryjoeAs you said - it is preference and I am not going to start any discussion what FOV is better.

For sure keeping the same FOV is the most consistent way to switch from game to game, but on the other hand I think that tools like Monitor Matching at 0% are designed to have different FOV and still feel ok with playing new game.

I can only tell my own experience with RS6 and in my initial post I opted for larger FOV for two reasons:
- most of action is inside buildings, space is rather limited - it is different than CSGO, and I think larger FOV can be an advantage here
- most of pro players user values close to 90 - I am not going to copy them mindlessly, but surely they have better experience than me, so ther is a high probability that they are right:)

Sure, use whatever makes you feel comfortable. One thing I would like to mention is the reason pros use 90 is because they probably think it is 106.26. 106.26 or CSGO's FOV is commonly known as 90 FOV, but the pros don't understand there is a difference between vertical (what R6 uses) and Horizontal (what CSGO uses). And it's not a knock on them, who knows these things besides visitors of sites like this?

The pros are good because they play the game an absurd amount of time and probably have a lot of past FPS experience that no amount of aim matching/training can replace.

Edited by Bryjoe

After some tweaking and testing I settled on this solution (works for me):
- all matched by Monitor Distance 0%
- ADS 50
- set FOV 82
- first matched CSGO Hipfire to RS6 Hifire and get value of MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit - this match compensates for greater FOV (82) so results is around 44cm/360
- then I've matched CSGO Hipfire  to RS6 Holo sens using the same MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit value - so I get the same as CSGO 51cm/360 in my case and FOV is almost identical to CSGO too
- ACOG is about 88cm/360 and it is not possible to change it when matching to Holo already

For me it is optimal. I've Noticed, that when I do not take MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit from first matching and directly try to match Hipfire to Holo , thenMouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.02 default value is used and it results in Hipfire around 19cm/360 when Holo is still 51cm/360.
Maybe I am not fully understand right method for convert , but 19cm Hipfire and jump to 51 Holo is not comfortable to me.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:36 PM, Bryjoe said:

Sure, use whatever makes you feel comfortable. One thing I would like to mention is the reason pros use 90 is because they probably think it is 106.26. 106.26 or CSGO's FOV is commonly known as 90 FOV, but the pros don't understand there is a difference between vertical (what R6 uses) and Horizontal (what CSGO uses). And it's not a knock on them, who knows these things besides visitors of sites like this?

The pros are good because they play the game an absurd amount of time and probably have a lot of past FPS experience that no amount of aim matching/training can replace.

Not true at all. Most pros use 90 FOV in Siege because they can handle the extra FOV and keep their aim on point. It has nothing to do with CSGO. On top of that, a lot of Siege pros use different Aspect Ratios. (Pretty much most of G2 and EG for example use different aspect ratios @ 90FOV).

Pretty much none of the top Siege pros even touch CSGO nevermind using settings from it.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, Duszolap said:

Here's what I would recommend.

If you use 16:9 on CSGO. Run 82 or 83 FOV in Siege. And convert your CSGO sensitivity to your Siege 1x sensitivity.  Here's why:

• When you ADS with 1x scopes in Siege with 16:9 @ 82/83 FOV. Your actual FOV will reduce to around 74/75... Roughly the CSGO hipfire FOV.
  • You need to use 1x scopes on like 90% of the defenders in the game. So I'd recommend converting your CSGO Hipfire onto your Siege 1x scopes, either by Monitor Distance 0% or Viewspeed, I personally prefer Viewspeed but it's up to you.
  • The operators on defense with 1x scopes are usually more useful than the ACOG operators. Bandit, Jager, Clash, Smoke, Mira etc.
It is also not possible to get the same sensitivty for ACOG and 1x scopes. The game just doesn't allow it. I'd recommend carrying your 1x scope over and just learning the ACOG, the ACOG is way easier to use than 1x scopes so you'll find it easier to use the ACOG even if it's not the same sensitivity as your CSGO sensitivity.
If you convert your CSGO to ACOG then you'll struggle a lot more with the 1x scopes when you need to use them. In my opinion at least.

Another thing. You don't wanna screw your XFactorMultiplier in the config too much away from 0.02 as it will affect your ACOG/Hipfire ratio slightly. If I were you I'd try something like this.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Fluvio
1 hour ago, Fluvio said:

Not true at all. Most pros use 90 FOV in Siege because they can handle the extra FOV and keep their aim on point. It has nothing to do with CSGO. On top of that, a lot of Siege pros use different Aspect Ratios. (Pretty much most of G2 and EG for example use different aspect ratios @ 90FOV).

Pretty much none of the top Siege pros even touch CSGO nevermind using settings from it.

CSGO doesn't have anything to do with it, but I guarantee you almost none of them know that 90 FOV in CSGO is actually different than 90 FOV in Rainbow six seige. 90 FOV is simply the most common FOV people use when playing FPS on PC, this goes back to the original quake games. Anyone who's been playing PC games for a long time knows this. The aspect ratio is also something inherited from 90s FPS games. People use aspect ratios like 4:3 Streched or play at 720p or what have you because they believe it gives them a competitive advantage by stretching player models/hitboxes.

Most of them probably have no idea 90 FOV in Rainbow Six Seige is actually over 20 degrees  what "90 FOV" would be. https://prosettings.net/rainbow-6-pro-settings-gear-list/

Looks like a huge amount use 75 FOV anyways, or what would be about CSGO's FOV. As I said, have done a ton of research on this very topic and the reason pros use 4:3 and 90 is because of legacy games. They have use 4:3 and 90 in FPS PC games dating back to the 90s or early 2000s.

42 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

CSGO doesn't have anything to do with it, but I guarantee you almost none of them know that 90 FOV in CSGO is actually different than 90 FOV in Rainbow six seige. 90 FOV is simply the most common FOV people use when playing FPS on PC, this goes back to the original quake games. Anyone who's been playing PC games for a long time knows this. The aspect ratio is also something inherited from 90s FPS games. People use aspect ratios like 4:3 Streched or play at 720p or what have you because they believe it gives them a competitive advantage by stretching player models/hitboxes.

Most of them probably have no idea 90 FOV in Rainbow Six Seige is actually over 20 degrees  what "90 FOV" would be. https://prosettings.net/rainbow-6-pro-settings-gear-list/

Looks like a huge amount use 75 FOV anyways, or what would be about CSGO's FOV. As I said, have done a ton of research on this very topic and the reason pros use 4:3 and 90 is because of legacy games. They have use 4:3 and 90 in FPS PC games dating back to the 90s or early 2000s.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_jBUJJWjo_j0j3crcCmE_2N9VhPtMsP0zkj7OwSBhvg/edit#gid=1136645054

83 is the Average Pro FOV. This Aljos Spreadsheet that he builds from talking with Team Captains, players and using the MOSS files uploaded after Siege Pro Matches. It's accurate as hell.

"but I guarantee you almost none of them know that 90 FOV in CSGO is actually different than 90 FOV in Rainbow six seige"
Literally all of them know this, Siege is vertical, CSGO is 4:3. It ain't rocket science my guy. Even if they don't know it, what does it matter? They still don't set their Aspect Ratio and FOV based around CSGO or any other game.

"The aspect ratio is also something inherited from 90s FPS games. People use aspect ratios like 4:3 Streched or play at 720p or what have you because they believe it gives them a competitive advantage by stretching player models/hitboxes."
Again, entirely irrelevant since 95% of Siege pros don't borrow their settings from other games.

"Looks like a huge amount use 75 FOV anyways, or what would be about CSGO's FOV. As I said, have done a ton of research on this very topic and the reason pros use 4:3 and 90 is because of legacy games. They have use 4:3 and 90 in FPS PC games dating back to the 90s or early 2000s."
Maybe in other games. Not in Siege. It literally just does not apply.

Edited by Fluvio
17 minutes ago, Fluvio said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_jBUJJWjo_j0j3crcCmE_2N9VhPtMsP0zkj7OwSBhvg/edit#gid=1136645054

83 is the Average Pro FOV. This Aljos Spreadsheet tgat ge builds from talking with Team Captains, players and using the MOSS files uploaded after Siege Pro Matches. It's accurate as hell.

"but I guarantee you almost none of them know that 90 FOV in CSGO is actually different than 90 FOV in Rainbow six seige"
Literally all of them know this, Siege is vertical, CSGO is 4:3. It ain't rocket science my guy. Even if they don't know it, what does it matter? They still don't set their Aspect Ratio and FOV based around CSGO or any other game. "The aspect ratio is also something inherited from 90s FPS games. People use aspect ratios like 4:3 Streched or play at 720p or what have you because they believe it gives them a competitive advantage by stretching player models/hitboxes."
Again, entirely irrelevant since 95% of Siege pros don't borrow their settings from other games.
"Looks like a huge amount use 75 FOV anyways, or what would be about CSGO's FOV. As I said, have done a ton of research on this very topic and the reason pros use 4:3 and 90 is because of legacy games. They have use 4:3 and 90 in FPS PC games dating back to the 90s or early 2000s."
Maybe in other games. Not in Siege. It literally just does not apply.

What advantage would using 4:3 have in Seige, what advantage does using 120hfov have in seige? The point is why are you blindly copying them when their selection of FOV and aspect ratios seems arbitrary (it is, it has ZERO impact on gameplay) We already discussed how about 99% of streamers/pros don't match their settings between games, they get an approximation of what their used to (e.g. high or low sens, high or low FOV) and stick to it.

Again, it's really foolish to copy pros, except as a rough guideline. I am telling you, you can believe it or not but there is ZERO COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE to using 90 over 75 FOV. Hell look at all the pros that use 75, hell some of them use 100, some use 60, I mean you get what I'm saying?

This guys uses 16:10 aspect ratio, but most of them use 4:3, this guy performed better in tournament X so 4:3 must be better than 16:9. Like you can get some truisms from spreadsheets like this, but changing your FOV to 90 just because the average FOV is 83, why would you do this? It would be one thing if you have been using 120 FOV in every game that you play and you want to keep it in seige, but it's another to just change it because you saw a pro using it.

So looks like there is like 80 people that use 90 FOV and 17 that use 75. Does this mean 90>75, if so, why do you think this? The real answer is it doesn't matter.

Edited by Bryjoe
36 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

What advantage would using 4:3 have in Seige, what advantage does using 120hfov have in seige? The point is why are you blindly copying them when their selection of FOV and aspect ratios seems arbitrary (it is, it has ZERO impact on gameplay) We already discussed how about 99% of streamers/pros don't match their settings between games, they get an approximation of what their used to (e.g. high or low sens, high or low FOV) and stick to it.

Again, it's really foolish to copy pros, except as a rough guideline. I am telling you, you can believe it or not but there is ZERO COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE to using 90 over 75 FOV. Hell look at all the pros that use 75, hell some of them use 100, some use 60, I mean you get what I'm saying?

This guys uses 16:10 aspect ratio, but most of them use 4:3, this guy performed better in tournament X so 4:3 must be better than 16:9. Like you can get some truisms from spreadsheets like this, but changing your FOV to 90 just because the average FOV is 83, why would you do this? It would be one thing if you have been using 120 FOV in every game that you play and you want to keep it in seige, but it's another to just change it because you saw a pro using it.

So looks like there is like 80 people that use 90 FOV and 17 that use 75. Does this mean 90>75, if so, why do you think this? The real answer is it doesn't matter.

What the hell are you on about?

• Why are you talking about copying pros?
  • Streamers don't match their settings? How is this relevant at all? 
  • The is no competitive advantage, no ones debating that here... It's all personal preference...
  • Most of them don't use 4:3, most Siege Pros use 16:9. Again, stop making baseless statements.
  • If it doesn't matter. Then why were you saying

One thing I would like to mention is the reason pros use 90 is because they probably think it is 106.26. 106.26 or CSGO's FOV is commonly known as 90 FOV, but the pros don't understand there is a difference between vertical (what R6 uses) and Horizontal (what CSGO uses). And it's not a knock on them, who knows these things besides visitors of sites like this?

• It's the baseless claims like the above that I was arguing against. Almost everything here is wrong.
    • Pros don't use 90 FOV because of CSGO or any other game, Pros use higher FOVs because it helps with room clearing and/or feels comfortable.
    • LITERALLY, ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE SLIGHTEST THING ABOUT FOV WILL KNOW VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL ARE DIFFERENT. PROS AREN'T MORONS YOU KNOW.
    • The pros do know the difference, everyone knows Siege uses Vertical. Jump into a pro stream and ask them that question.

Jesus, stop spreading false information. 

Edited by Fluvio
2 minutes ago, Fluvio said:

What the hell are you on about?

• Why are you talking about copying pros?
  • Streamers don't match their settings? How is this relevant at all? 
  • The is no competitive advantage, no ones debating that here... It's all personal preference...
  • Most of them don't use 4:3, most Siege Pros use 16:9. Again, stop making baseless statements.
  • If it doesn't matter. Then why were you saying It's the baseless claims like this that I was replying to. The vast majority of what you said here is wrong.
    • Pros use 90 (or similar) because they like the extra Viewing angle, it helps with clearing out rooms. 
    • The pros do know the difference, everyone knows Siege uses Vertical. Jump into a pro stream and ask them that question.
    • LITERALLY, ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE SLIGHTEST THING ABOUT FOV WILL KNOW VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL ARE DIFFERENT. PROS AREN'T MORONS YOU KNOW.

Jesus, stop spreading false information. 

The base of this argument and probably not even what you're referring to is someone changing their FOV to 90 because of pros, just scroll up to see this. You certainly seemed to imply there was a competitive advantage "Most pros use 90 FOV in Siege because they can handle the extra FOV and keep their aim on point." If you use 90 FOV in every game and then change it to 90 FOV vertical in Seige your aim WILL suffer, not that it even matters as seige is much more about positioning and holding an angle rather than flicking. I would go even further and say if you want to use different FOVS in all your games, why even bother with this site? It defeats the purpose.