Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Battlefield V

@DPI Wizard

Hey there, I've been struggling with my sensitivity in BF V since the alpha's release, with the USA and ADS sens always being off - too slow or too fast, despite converting my BF1 settings 1:1, or at least from what I could gather.

USA at 177% in BF1 is perfect for me, but in BFV the higher your magnification, the worse it gets, with the aim being too fast. There's an issue with the game or the values, as many of the "comp" players of Battlefields past have also been complaining about it, so maybe there's something you could figure out?

EDIT: And I run ADS FOV OFF in both titles - it doesn't seem to change the calculator's output either way from what I noticed.

image.thumb.png.111758519ff1b8f5e217602682ec2196.png

Edited by Miko19
  • Wizard
9 minutes ago, Miko19 said:

USA at 177% in BF1 is perfect for me, but in BFV the higher your magnification, the worse it gets, with the aim being too fast. There's an issue with the game or the values, as many of the "comp" players of Battlefields past have also been complaining about it, so maybe there's something you could figure out?

How is you conversion setup configured? It seems like it is set to MDH 0%, which doesn't correlate to your setup in BF1 which is MDV 177%. So if you change both ADS and Scope to MDV 177% you should get the exact same sensitivity in BF1 and BFV as they are based on the same engine :)

The conversion setup values are automatically converted to placeholder values for the Sensitivity 2 field (USA) that you can see slightly faded out in BFV in your screenshot. You can override this by entering a value as you have done in BF1.

17 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

How is you conversion setup configured? It seems like it is set to MDH 0%, which doesn't correlate to your setup in BF1 which is MDV 177%. So if you change both ADS and Scope to MDV 177% you should get the exact same sensitivity in BF1 and BFV as they are based on the same engine :)

The conversion setup values are automatically converted to placeholder values for the Sensitivity 2 field (USA) that you can see slightly faded out in BFV in your screenshot. You can override this by entering a value as you have done in BF1.

It is at 177% in both games and the calculator's output doesn't seem to translate the sensitivity values. In BF1, the only thing I touched was the USA, with no changes to individual zoom sensitivities. Keeping the exact same settings in both games, they're not consistent at all between zoom levels in BF1 and BFV - that's the issue I'm trying to figure out with the calculator's help, but to no avail, sadly.

• Wizard
On 2/23/2019 at 12:27 PM, Miko19 said:

It is at 177% in both games and the calculator's output doesn't seem to translate the sensitivity values. In BF1, the only thing I touched was the USA, with no changes to individual zoom sensitivities. Keeping the exact same settings in both games, they're not consistent at all between zoom levels in BF1 and BFV - that's the issue I'm trying to figure out with the calculator's help, but to no avail, sadly.

You need to set your conversion setup to match your USA setting:

image.png

The scope powers in BF1 and BFV are exactly the same as long as your USA, FOV and ADS FOV are the same.

The reason BFV's aiming feels different to BF1's aiming to some people, is almost entirely due to soldier movement changes and a differences of camera sway when strafing etc. All these small changes add up to make the camera movement feel different.

If you set all the coreseponding settings the exact same, stand still and test, at the exact same FOV. it is the exact same. The only exception is the 1x Nydar scope which has a slightly different FOV value (zooms in a tiny amount) and the sens value seems to behave incorrectly with USA off (i.e doesn't calculate via 100% VMM which all the others do with USA off).

The reality is most people strafe and shoot when playing first person shooters, and because BFV handles this very differently most people will say it "feels" too fast, but this is nothing to do with mouse sensiviity or pitch and yaw values even, it's just that it's a different game.

Also, some of the scopes have different FOV's than in BF1, you are locked on SAR scope to 3x, in BF1, the vast majoirty of people used either 2.5x or 4x. A change to a scope FOV will never feel identical to a scope with a diffrerent FOV no matter which method you apply.

I've had a lot of issues sniping for months, I used a 4x scope in BF1 pretty much 99% of the time but this is not an option in BFV.

According to the calculator a 4x scope is very much different than a 6x. (360° distance and FOV)

I ended up increasing my sensitivity in the end from 40cm to 36cm and start to feel more comfortable.

I haven't played BF1 in a long time, but when I match FOV (106.26 Horizontal) couple with 0% coefficient on USA and all my guns and scopes feel perfect? Not sure if I just don't notice the problems or what...

You guys should be using USA instead of trying to match all the scopes. @Snookray 4x scope is very different than 6x because the FOV is different. The 360 distance is based on FOV matching.

• 3 weeks later...

The conversion from Apex to BF5 doesnt work for me

Idk if it's a bug or if i'm doing something wrong, but the good sensitivity for my soldier is the one about the... vehicle. I tried and from side to side with my mouse i do the same rotation as Apex.

So now i wonder if  zoom sensitivity is good... 

vivaldi_2019-03-25_17-20-46.png

Edited by Sapmoine
  • Wizard
4 minutes ago, Sapmoine said:

The conversion from Apex to BF5 doesnt work for me

Idk if it's a bug or if i'm doing something wrong, but the good sensitivity for my soldier is the one about the... vehicle. I tried and from side to side with my mouse i do the same rotation as Apex.

Set it up like this instead, this way you use the same scope scaling as Apex use by default:

image.png

So USA on and set to 0%, FOV set to 74 (to match Apex) and multiplier 1 set to 96. The reason for the last one is because the sensitivity in-game lacks decimals, so it will be a little bit off compared to Apex. And by setting it to 96 all scopes will come out to 100.

You will still have about 4% discrepancy for hipfire though, unless you set the sensitivity in the config file instead.

Thanks.

I was surprised by FOV also. Last time i converted R6S to Apex, set 90 to R6S and 90 was automatically set in APEX, but for bf5 it stays at 55 (default value). That s why i put 90, i thought the calculator do it stuffs with vdeg / hdeg 4.3 etc. Is it an engine related problem ?

Edited by Sapmoine
  • Wizard
2 minutes ago, Sapmoine said:

I was surprised by FOV also. Last time i converted R6S to Apex, set 90 to R6S and 90 was automatically set in APEX, but for bf5 it stays at 55 (default value). That s why i put 90, i thought the calculator do it stuffs with vdeg / hdeg 4.3 etc. Is it an engine related problem ?

It's engine related yes, there's a lot of different ways to express FOV and the calculator will automatically switch to the type the game you select uses. If you want the same FOV in all games (which is recommended when possible) you must make sure the Actual HFOV of the output is the same value. You can easily do this by matching the FOV type and value of both games and check the output for the config FOV you need to configure as in this example:

image.png

Trying to convert back to BFV using 0% MDH with 0% USA as thats what i've gotten used to now with Apex now.

Two questions-

Why do all the scope values come out as .999990?

And is that FOV correct for BFV? Wouldn't 86.63 be accurate? 

image.thumb.png.f5c314ec5e79af919c4543439d71b300.png

Edited by Contrololol
  • Wizard
14 minutes ago, Contrololol said:

Why do all the scope values come out as .999990?

The is that FOV correct for BFV? Wouldn't 86.63 be accurate? 

The scope values are not 1 because of the "lack" of decimals for hipfire. With 8 or maybe 7 decimals it would be 1 as expected. In reality you can disregard this small discrepancy and just use 1 for all scopes as the difference is hardly even measurable.

The Config FOV for BFV (70.53) is correct to match 86.63 in Apex.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

The scope values are not 1 because of the "lack" of decimals for hipfire. With 8 or maybe 7 decimals it would be 1 as expected. In reality you can disregard this small discrepancy and just use 1 for all scopes as the difference is hardly even measurable.

The Config FOV for BFV (70.53) is correct to match 86.63 in Apex.

Thanks for that :)

In regards to FOV- so ingame is set to 87 (103 Horizontal), and the config is 86.629997. This isnt the same as cl_fovScale "1.237600" in Apex?