Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

BEST Mouse? BEST Mouse Pad? NEW! RAZER VIPER

DNAMTE

I recently picked up the G Pro Wireless at PAX. I have a Glorious XL pad and was using a G403 with hotline feet before I switched to the G Pro Wireless. I use 30cm/360 and I have 19x10.75cm hands if I am including my thumb in the measurement like RJN does.

I think I am finally started to get more used to the GPW but am not sure that I really prefer it over the G403. I have basically always been a palm gripper. I honestly didn't know there even were different grip types until a few years ago. With the GPW I am using more of a palm/slight claw. I feel like claw is becoming a bit more comfortable for me. The mouse is very light so I am debating on increasing my cm/360 to maybe 34 or something.

One thing I dislike about the GPW is that the coating is very slippery when you have dry hands. Seems like it hasn't been too much of a problem for me since my hands usually sweat just enough to make it grippy when gaming. That said I think I still prefer the rubber sides of the G403.

My G403 glides a little bit more easily than the GPW since I am using the stock GPW feet. I don't think I would personally change the GPW feet as personally if the mouse was any easier to move around I would certainly need to increase my cm/360.

I honestly can't tell which mouse I aim better with and don't even know how I would go about testing that.

I would love to try the Zowie EC series shape. I guess I could order on amazon and try it and return it. Even if I loved the shape I doubt I would keep it just because the mice seems dated now as far as overall quality for the price considering the newer mice out there.

I was interested in the DM1 FPS but since I am more of a palm gripper I don't think that mouse would be for me. I am really curious to see what Glorious PC Gaming do with the new mouse they are making.

I have considered paracording the G403 and maybe selling the GPW but we will see. I would have no problem doing this if I knew I aimed better with the G403 over the GPW but I can't tell.

I enjoy this guys videos (iostux) and thought you all may find this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UMotbHD9TI

He switched from a g pro I think to a Zowie EC mouse and had to increase his sensitivity due to the larger size and weight of the new mouse negatively impacting his aim.

I actually found the G pro wireless very slippery as well... In fact my hand was cramping up like it did with the FK series from zowie.. I did find a fix though...

0.5mm racquet tape and double sided tape, stuff is meant to be super grippy and sweat resistant. It now feels amazing, honestly.

gpw1.jpg

gpw2.jpg

@DNAMTE Nice! I have seen people using gun grip tape too. I am tempted to do the same...tbh though for $150 I feel like its kind of ridiculous that once has to resort to grip tape of some kind. I definitely feel like the lack of grip makes my big flicks and lift offs janky. Does that grip tape leave any residue? Did you use the double sided tape to fix the racquet tape to the mouse?

Do you like the GPW better than your other mice?

What kind of grip do you use and what size are your hands?

I am not sure if I want to stick with my GPW or go back to my G403 and paracord it. I already put hotline game feet on it which was a big improvement. Not sure if I like ergo mice or ambi mice more but I feel like ergo mice are more comfortable. A part from those two mice I don't know what other options really exist for me to try. I could I could consider the DM1 FPS if I want to try and stick to claw grip. The EC2A seems a bit dated at this point. Sigh, the struggle to find an ideal mouse is real...

12 hours ago, kelvinator said:

@DNAMTE Nice! I have seen people using gun grip tape too. I am tempted to do the same...tbh though for $150 I feel like its kind of ridiculous that once has to resort to grip tape of some kind. I definitely feel like the lack of grip makes my big flicks and lift offs janky. Does that grip tape leave any residue? Did you use the double sided tape to fix the racquet tape to the mouse?

Do you like the GPW better than your other mice?

What kind of grip do you use and what size are your hands?

I am not sure if I want to stick with my GPW or go back to my G403 and paracord it. I already put hotline game feet on it which was a big improvement. Not sure if I like ergo mice or ambi mice more but I feel like ergo mice are more comfortable. A part from those two mice I don't know what other options really exist for me to try. I could I could consider the DM1 FPS if I want to try and stick to claw grip. The EC2A seems a bit dated at this point. Sigh, the struggle to find an ideal mouse is real...

I have had no experience with gun tape, although I've been told by someone that it doesn't work very well. I used tennis racquet tape on my rival 310 (page 3) and it worked a charm there as well, that was a thicker tape (to fill the cavity on the sides), this stuff on the GPW is only 0.5mm thick. It really feels great, the texture and grip you get from it is second to none. I don't really need it on the buttons but i figured why not.

The thicker tape came with it's own adhesive, the thinner tape is held on with double sided tape.

My hand is around 19 x 11 measuring like rocket jump ninja shows on his channel. Honestly i used to really like the Zowie FK 1+ because of the grip it gave you, mechanical grip, it too was slippery until you warmed up... The fk2 and fk1 both caused my hand to ache a little, they are too narrow.

When i found the Rival 310 i quickly realized how uncomfortable the zowie FK series was for me in general... The Rival 310 is still the best shape i have tested over a longer period of time IMO, with the side grips replaced it really is an amazing mouse.

The logitech GPW reminds me of the FK series, it gave me cramping in my hand again and ultimately feels smaller than what i got used to, however adding the grip tape seems to have relieved some of my issues. Maybe due to the lack of grip i was squeezing it too hard? My pinkie often feels like it has no where to sit on the FK and often i find it floating when using the GPW as well.

As for grip, it really depends on the mouse, i could use a more relaxed grip on the rival as it fills your hand a little more, there's more margin for error, you can palm grip it if needed without issues. I find i need to hold the FK / GPW more carefully otherwise i feel like my fingers rub on the pad too much. Ultimately i would say i use a claw hybrid grip leaning more to palm on the rival and more towards fingertip with the FK / GPW.

Which do i play better with? I'm going to give myself some time to adjust back to the lower profile of the GPW and report back. So far i do like the GPW , it's a great mouse.

I personally did not like the G403 shape, i have the wireless and wired version... i wanted to like it, but i couldn't. Shape felt odd to me, clicks too light and the feet had crap glide (which you fixed).

PS: i have 14 mice now, i know how you feel! Attached a pic of my grip (with the rival 310)

grip tapes.jpg

DSC_031fg3.jpg

15 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

I have had no experience with gun tape, although I've been told by someone that it doesn't work very well. I used tennis racquet tape on my rival 310 (page 3) and it worked a charm there as well, that was a thicker tape (to fill the cavity on the sides), this stuff on the GPW is only 0.5mm thick. It really feels great, the texture and grip you get from it is second to none. I don't really need it on the buttons but i figured why not.

The thicker tape came with it's own adhesive, the thinner tape is held on with double sided tape.

My hand is around 19 x 11 measuring like rocket jump ninja shows on his channel. Honestly i used to really like the Zowie FK 1+ because of the grip it gave you, mechanical grip, it too was slippery until you warmed up... The fk2 and fk1 both caused my hand to ache a little, they are too narrow.

When i found the Rival 310 i quickly realized how uncomfortable the zowie FK series was for me in general... The Rival 310 is still the best shape i have tested over a longer period of time IMO, with the side grips replaced it really is an amazing mouse.

The logitech GPW reminds me of the FK series, it gave me cramping in my hand again and ultimately feels smaller than what i got used to, however adding the grip tape seems to have relieved some of my issues. Maybe due to the lack of grip i was squeezing it too hard? My pinkie often feels like it has no where to sit on the FK and often i find it floating when using the GPW as well.

As for grip, it really depends on the mouse, i could use a more relaxed grip on the rival as it fills your hand a little more, there's more margin for error, you can palm grip it if needed without issues. I find i need to hold the FK / GPW more carefully otherwise i feel like my fingers rub on the pad too much. Ultimately i would say i use a claw hybrid grip leaning more to palm on the rival and more towards fingertip with the FK / GPW.

Which do i play better with? I'm going to give myself some time to adjust back to the lower profile of the GPW and report back. So far i do like the GPW , it's a great mouse.

I personally did not like the G403 shape, i have the wireless and wired version... i wanted to like it, but i couldn't. Shape felt odd to me, clicks too light and the feet had crap glide (which you fixed).

PS: i have 14 mice now, i know how you feel! Attached a pic of my grip (with the rival 310)

How much did you pay to do the grip tape mod? I looked up wilson overgrip pro or whatever its called on Amazon and the prices were rather ridiculous to the point where it looked like I would be $200 in the hole for the GPW, plus sales tax, plus the grip tape mod.

You basically have the same size hands. My width is 10.5-10.75. The FK1 looks like its basically the same width as the GPW. FK1 being 67 in the back, 60 in the middle and 63 at the top while the GPW is like 63.5 I think. Thats an interesting experience you had with the Zowie FK series though. I think I get a little cramping once in a while with the GPW. Maybe ergonomic mice are more ideal for you?

Overall it just doesn't feel super comfortable though. That said, I have always been a palm grip user and before the G403 I used the G500 and the G5 so it could just be getting used to something new. My only real complaint with the GPW is the lack of grip. Even once my hands are warmed up it still doesn't feel super solid. Maybe my hands just don't sweat a lot though.

I would love to try a rival 310 but it sounds like once your hands warm up the grip gets really slippery? That is basically the opposite of what I want in a mouse so that is pretty much a deal breaker for me I would say.

I will be curious to hear what you play best with as I personally can't tell. Maybe the GPW, but if I paracorded the G403 is might be the G403. I honestly think that given the ergo mice fit better and are more comfy stability is probably better although flicks and mobility may suffer a bit compared to smaller mice. The hotline feet on the G403 move more easily over the pad than the GPW ones. That said I still really like the GPW ones and they provide a bit more control which is actually quite nice given how lightweight the mouse is. I don't mind the clicks on the G403 though. I have never had a Zowie mouse or any mouse with stiffer clicks so I may just be used to the Logitech mouse clicks since that is all I have ever had.

We will see though. I saw someone mention on the mouse review subreddit that they talked to a logitech support person and that person said logitech was considering  a recall of the GPW due to some of the issues popping up. I think I even saw someone say that they aren't exchanging them anymore but instead just issuing a credit to purchase any logitech gear.

Edited by kelvinator
7 hours ago, kelvinator said:

How much did you pay to do the grip tape mod? I looked up wilson overgrip pro or whatever its called on Amazon and the prices were rather ridiculous to the point where it looked like I would be $200 in the hole for the GPW, plus sales tax, plus the grip tape mod.

You basically have the same size hands. My width is 10.5-10.75. The FK1 looks like its basically the same width as the GPW. FK1 being 67 in the back, 60 in the middle and 63 at the top while the GPW is like 63.5 I think. Thats an interesting experience you had with the Zowie FK series though. I think I get a little cramping once in a while with the GPW. Maybe ergonomic mice are more ideal for you?

Overall it just doesn't feel super comfortable though. That said, I have always been a palm grip user and before the G403 I used the G500 and the G5 so it could just be getting used to something new. My only real complaint with the GPW is the lack of grip. Even once my hands are warmed up it still doesn't feel super solid. Maybe my hands just don't sweat a lot though.

I would love to try a rival 310 but it sounds like once your hands warm up the grip gets really slippery? That is basically the opposite of what I want in a mouse so that is pretty much a deal breaker for me I would say.

I will be curious to hear what you play best with as I personally can't tell. Maybe the GPW, but if I paracorded the G403 is might be the G403. I honestly think that given the ergo mice fit better and are more comfy stability is probably better although flicks and mobility may suffer a bit compared to smaller mice. The hotline feet on the G403 move more easily over the pad than the GPW ones. That said I still really like the GPW ones and they provide a bit more control which is actually quite nice given how lightweight the mouse is. I don't mind the clicks on the G403 though. I have never had a Zowie mouse or any mouse with stiffer clicks so I may just be used to the Logitech mouse clicks since that is all I have ever had.

We will see though. I saw someone mention on the mouse review subreddit that they talked to a logitech support person and that person said logitech was considering  a recall of the GPW due to some of the issues popping up. I think I even saw someone say that they aren't exchanging them anymore but instead just issuing a credit to purchase any logitech gear.

It's interesting that you liked the G5, I remember before i went crazy buying mice.... I had a Razer Diamondback then a Logitech G5 and then G9, from memory i really liked the G9, in fact the next mouse i bought was a G900... the G9 came with two shells and i really can't remember how big or small it was, i just never had any issues. I actually remember the G900 feeling very odd as the front buttons are quite high.
I've actually raised my sensitivity when using the Logitech GPW (41cm to ~ 30cm), the rival 310 was much more suited to lower sens IMO, felt more stable in the hand. The GPW gives much more room for finger adjustment and i don't feel like i need a slower sens to get that extra accuracy. I guess i'm using finger adjustment much more than the rival where i was primarily relying on arm / wrist.

I would give the GPW i good go, try it for a month, i think your just used to more support under the hand, i'm half used to this feeling from using the FK series which is very similar.

As for the Rival 310, it def needs the grips changing, they suck when your hands warm up.  The racquet grip tape costs like 10 bucks... that's for 3 rolls, i only used half a roll, very cheap mod. Just head down to your local sports store they will have a few options to choose from. The Rival needs thicker tape to fill the cavity once you pull the old silicone grips out, the logitech needs thin tape as there's no where specific for it to go.

Maybe i need to send logitech an email, my buttons do touch if i push them together but it's not something that i can see happening in game. My batch is #1826

11 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

It's interesting that you liked the G5, I remember before i went crazy buying mice.... I had a Razer Diamondback then a Logitech G5 and then G9, from memory i really liked the G9, in fact the next mouse i bought was a G900... the G9 came with two shells and i really can't remember how big or small it was, i just never had any issues. I actually remember the G900 feeling very odd as the front buttons are quite high.
I've actually raised my sensitivity when using the Logitech GPW (41cm to ~ 30cm), the rival 310 was much more suited to lower sens IMO, felt more stable in the hand. The GPW gives much more room for finger adjustment and i don't feel like i need a slower sens to get that extra accuracy. I guess i'm using finger adjustment much more than the rival where i was primarily relying on arm / wrist.

I would give the GPW i good go, try it for a month, i think your just used to more support under the hand, i'm half used to this feeling from using the FK series which is very similar.

As for the Rival 310, it def needs the grips changing, they suck when your hands warm up.  The racquet grip tape costs like 10 bucks... that's for 3 rolls, i only used half a roll, very cheap mod. Just head down to your local sports store they will have a few options to choose from. The Rival needs thicker tape to fill the cavity once you pull the old silicone grips out, the logitech needs thin tape as there's no where specific for it to go.

Maybe i need to send logitech an email, my buttons do touch if i push them together but it's not something that i can see happening in game. My batch is #1826

TBH, back when I owned those mice I wasn't into gaming enough to actually care that much about mice so it was probably me googling what the best gaming mouse was and going with logitech. Had the cords break a few times and was just able to keep RMAing to a new one haha. I still have my G500 actually and had to use it when my G403 scroll wheel broke before I got the GPW and I actually didn't like the G500 very much anymore. Too heavy and the part of the mouse where my ring and pinky finger sat wasn't very comfortable.

Oh interesting! I have been doing 30cm/360 for awhile. I followed an iostux video the other night to determine my ideal sens and i actually came out to 35.5cm/360. I will probably just stick with 30cm until I decide which mouse I want to keep and use though. I claw grip the GPW so I can't really use my fingers much anyways. That and I get pretty intense when my adrenaline gets going which causes me to get a bit jittery so fingertip grip probably wouldn't work well for me. I definitely notice that the GPW doesn't feel as stable in my hand as the G403 and maybe that is something that is subconsciously bothering me...

Yeah I am going to keep using the GPW for now. However, I actually have been using it for a month now. I've definitely gotten more used to it since I got it but it doesn't really disappear quite enough when I am playing per say. Feels like my arm fatigues faster and I have to readjust my grip a lot. I may try the racquet grip tape but I feel a bit salty having to do things like that to such an expensive mouse. But yeah I am definitely used to the support the G403 provides so that could be part of the issue.

I have batch #1828. I don't have any issues with the buttons rubbing together in game. Only happens when I push them down and towards each other. If it does happen in game its definitely not noticeable to me.

But yeah I will stick with the GPW for now. It's very tempting to just paracord my G403 and sell the GPW and just kinda wait and see what new mice the market brings. I am very interested in the Glorious PC Master Race Odin. Really enjoy the quality of their wrist rest and mouse pad so I have high hopes they could bring a quality product to the market. Anyways, I will keep you updated!

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/news/the-glorious-odin-is-coming

Edited by kelvinator

very interesting, i'll keep my eyes open for that one. In reality though i think you can get used to any mouse within reason. At one stage i was cycling through like 5 mice because i couldn't decide which one... Hence why i now have 14 recent mice....

I'm going to give this mouse a good try, it's light enough, great sensor, wireless and great buttons / scroll wheel. Really until they start including an aimbot in the software i don't think i can improve anything by changing my mouse anymore.

A question to everyone owning the G pro wireless:

I have the problem that everytime I shut down my PC or enter power saving mode the Logitech logo is lighting up.

Normally I have the leds off all the time to save some battery. I have to manuelly switch off the mouse with the button on the back of the mouse. Very annoying.

Does anyone have the same issue or know how to fix it?

Btw: I am using the G-Hub Software, not the old-logitech-gaming software

Edited by WhoCares?
22 minutes ago, WhoCares? said:

I have the problem that everytime I shut down my PC or enter power saving mode the Logitech logo is lighting up.

Normally I have the leds off all the time to save some battery. I have to manuelly switch off the mouse with the button on the back of the mouse. Very annoying.

I think for these kinds of things you need to go into the BIOS and disable lighting in the Onboard Devices config

18 hours ago, WhoCares? said:

Yeah that happens to me but it goes to sleep mode pretty quickly. I have my RGB on when I am playing though. The mouse should turn off (sleep mode) after a period of not using it whether your computer is on or off. I never turn my mouse off I just leave it and it does everything automatically.

I also was using G-Hub and hated it so I switched back to the old software which actually detects games properly and puts on the right lighting mode on my keyboard when I am playing. ( I have the G pro keyboard.)

Edited by kelvinator

I have the LED turned off, no issues. Using the normal LGS, fancy enough for me!

Picked up a new mouse pad 'Artisan Ninja ZERO FX' in XL.

So far it feels pretty good, the texture feels nothing like the Steel Series pads as some people say. It's much rougher to the touch with a slightly faster glide IMO.

The quality is very high, super smooth with big swipes (no bumps or wrinkles like some pads i've tested... (Razer gigantus, logitech G640). It sits super flat right out of the box and the backing sticks to my desk like glue! The padding on my 'soft' version (can choose from; very soft, soft, med) feels really good, a great balance!

The stitched sides are really the best Ive seen. The stitching is lower than the surface so your left with a nice rounded edge without having stitching create a lump around the pad. Very nice attention to detail.

I'm going to use this pad now and stop talking about it, lets see how i like it in a week or so.

Here is a look at the side so you can see how the surface is higher than the stitching

artisan NINJA ZERO FX XL sides2.jpg

Edited by DNAMTE
On 10/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, DNAMTE said:

I have the LED turned off, no issues. Using the normal LGS, fancy enough for me!

Picked up a new mouse pad 'Artisan Ninja ZERO FX' in XL.

So far it feels pretty good, the texture feels nothing like the Steel Series pads as some people say. It's much rougher to the touch with a slightly faster glide IMO.

The quality is very high, super smooth with big swipes (no bumps or wrinkles like some pads i've tested... (Razer gigantus, logitech G640). It sits super flat right out of the box and the backing sticks to my desk like glue! The padding on my 'soft' version (can choose from; very soft, soft, med) feels really good, a great balance!

The stitched sides are really the best Ive seen. The stitching is lower than the surface so your left with a nice rounded edge without having stitching create a lump around the pad. Very nice attention to detail.

I'm going to use this pad now and stop talking about it, lets see how i like it in a week or so.

Here is a look at the side so you can see how the surface is higher than the stitching

artisan NINJA ZERO FX XL sides2.jpg

Nice, I've been thinking about getting a Zero and possibly one of the Hayate versions to try now that they have the XL's back in stock, can't really decide between Soft and Mid hardness though. I'm kind of leaning towards the Mid since I really liked how dense the backing felt on the G-SR and according to OCN users the Soft is supposed to be a bit softer compared to that. I actually tried a Xsoft Zero out of curiosity a while back but it was way too soft almost to the point of being unusable so that's definitely off the table, that being said I did like the mouse feel on it the couple times that I used it but I feel the roughness could become an issue on long sessions but it's hard to say for sure without trying it for a while... ^^

If you still recall how the Gigantus felt, how would you say the Soft compares to the padding on that one? That's the mousepad I've been using for a while now so it would be nice to have some quick comparisons as reference.

Edited by iBerggman
On 10/7/2018 at 12:35 AM, iBerggman said:

Nice, I've been thinking about getting a Zero and possibly one of the Hayate versions to try now that they have the XL's back in stock, can't really decide between Soft and Mid hardness though. I'm kind of leaning towards the Mid since I really liked how dense the backing felt on the G-SR and according to OCN users the Soft is supposed to be a bit softer compared to that. I actually tried a Xsoft Zero out of curiosity a while back but it was way too soft almost to the point of being unusable so that's definitely off the table, that being said I did like the mouse feel on it the couple times that I used it but I feel the roughness could become an issue on long sessions but it's hard to say for sure without trying it for a while... ^^

If you still recall how the Gigantus felt, how would you say the Soft compares to the padding on that one? That's the mousepad I've been using for a while now so it would be nice to have some quick comparisons as reference.

Its definitely the softest pad i have ever used. I was recommended to try the soft because it is better at stopping the mouse, honestly if i was to order another one... (which i might) id order the mid.

G pro wireless is retired, update to follow why i didn't like it. Artisan Zero 'soft' still comparing... If you push down on the mouse at all, it's not for you.... Digs in like hard tires on a beach.

So currently my undisputed favorite mouse remains the Steel Series Rival 310.....

However....

Got a G pro gaming mouse 'HERO' (Hero sensor, new latest skates, new cable and clicks), what a surprise. It's not what i thought, it feels VERY GOOD. Update to follow.

310 and gph 2.jpg

310 and gph.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@DNAMTE How are you liking the GPW?

Oddly enough I think I more or less have gotten fully used to claw grip to the point where now if I try to use my G403 I find myself claw gripping it.

The GPW definitely feels better than when we last spoke since I have basically gotten used to claw grip now. However, I am still struggling with whether or not I like it better than the G403. I am debating paracording the G403 and then comparing the two mice. The G403 still has better side grips for me. I find when I do fast swipes and pick up the mouse to reset and repeat that they feel more stable than with the GPW. Hard to tell in game though. Also the G403 feels slightly more supportive even when claw gripping due to the hump.

Anyways, curious to know your thoughts after you have had more time to test it out.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, kelvinator said:

@DNAMTE How are you liking the GPW?

Oddly enough I think I more or less have gotten fully used to claw grip to the point where now if I try to use my G403 I find myself claw gripping it.

The GPW definitely feels better than when we last spoke since I have basically gotten used to claw grip now. However, I am still struggling with whether or not I like it better than the G403. I am debating paracording the G403 and then comparing the two mice. The G403 still has better side grips for me. I find when I do fast swipes and pick up the mouse to reset and repeat that they feel more stable than with the GPW. Hard to tell in game though. Also the G403 feels slightly more supportive even when claw gripping due to the hump.

Anyways, curious to know your thoughts after you have had more time to test it out.

I ended up putting it to bed.

I really tried to like it, it wasn't for me unfortunately. it just felt too narrow for my liking and ultimately uncomfortable and unstable in comparison to the rival 310, which provides a really firm grip. The GPW skates could be better designed, they seemed to dig in more in comparison to the Rival 310 (on a softer pad 'ARTISAN ZERO 'soft'). I also found myself double clicking a lot, again it could be because the switches are more sensitive than what i'm used to....

I'm using the G pro HERO since the above post. I really like it to be honest. I'm using a different grip with it (compared to the rival 310), more of a claw grip, similar to how i held the G pro wireless, however the G pro HERO feels more comfortable to me, glides better and the clicks aren't as sensitive. At its widest point it's EXACTLY the same width as the Zowie FK1+.

It's really just a low, wider mouse, i like it. It's not as tiny as some reviewers make it out to be. For comparison the FK2 feels TINY in comparison when you actually hold it.

As for a quick update on the ARTISAN ZERO 'soft'... Honestly the quality of this pad is head and shoulders above any other brand. FACT.

I personally prefer a firmer pad, it's too soft for me. It really highlighted to me how much i push down on the mouse in some situations, really negatively affecting my tracking. I think if i could try out the 'mid' or firmer version, this pad could be my favorite.

If you glide your mouse over the surface lightly, then repeat the process pushing down slightly... The QCK has a really minimal difference. (QCK+ less than the QCK heavy as it digs in less proportional to the thickness of the foam,  cloth surface is exactly the same). If you perform that test on the ARTISAN ZERO 'soft' you'll find your mouse just about sinks in and gets stuck. Obviously if your able to always apply minimal pressure to your mouse, it wont affect you.

Artisan Zero was my favorite pad. I'm trying to look something with similar stopping power(I guess you'd call it static friction? ) . Reason for that is hair... yes all sorts of hair gets stuck in the weave/cloth and doesn't come off... unless you go pinching them off one by one.

Any suggestions?  I do have laying around here Razer Gigantus and Qck+(currently using Qck+ over Zero). Humidity seems to be an issue here... as it is outdoors about 80-100% humidity.. however indoors I think humidity is pretty much non existent at least in my apartment. Air feels really dry and whenever I lift my mousepad of the desk I can hear this zappin noise and yes it gives a little shock to me.  

I ordered some cheap humidifier off amazon hoping it might get rid of this static electricity around my apartment. Most likely arrives here by friday.

As for mouse I'm currently using EC2-A. Kinda hoping to find somewhere a long but slim body mouse.. like around 53-55 width and length about 124-130mm would seem pretty ideal. I stumbled on amazon to a product called Plugable gaming mouse which looks promising, just no clue what is he grip width of the mouse.. from it's widest point I guess it's about 68mm .

43 minutes ago, Famatic said:

Artisan Zero was my favorite pad. I'm trying to look something with similar stopping power(I guess you'd call it static friction? ) . Reason for that is hair... yes all sorts of hair gets stuck in the weave/cloth and doesn't come off... unless you go pinching them off one by one.

Any suggestions? 

I'd say your best bet is to look at the "hybrid" pads that use a plastic infused cloth surface. I think I've actually seen someone mention they preferred the G-TFX over the Artisans so that might be worth looking into. 

11 minutes ago, Famatic said:

Hybrid pads are usually hard to stop on... aren't they? I play at 31.16 cm / 360

I guess so, but to be honest so is the Zero if you compare it to say a G-SR. I will admit though that I don't really understand the whole "stopping power" thing, I mean to my understanding that would be some form of friction so wouldn't that mean that glide and stopping power are opposites and sort of mutually exclusive? I mean I don't understand how a Zero could somehow have better stopping power than a QCK even though it's quite a bit faster in terms of glide speed. Granted, there is a difference between static and kinetic friction but it doesn't make sense that you would get more friction (stopping power) when moving the mouse. I always thought that the more stopping power you wanted the slower pad you would have to get.

I suppose texture feel could play a role here as well but that's more like tactile feedback than actual stopping power then isn't it? I don't know, I have a feeling there's something I'm missing when it comes to this?

On 11/4/2018 at 6:35 AM, DNAMTE said:

As for a quick update on the ARTISAN ZERO 'soft'... Honestly the quality of this pad is head and shoulders above any other brand. FACT.

I personally prefer a firmer pad, it's too soft for me. It really highlighted to me how much i push down on the mouse in some situations, really negatively affecting my tracking. I think if i could try out the 'mid' or firmer version, this pad could be my favorite.

If you glide your mouse over the surface lightly, then repeat the process pushing down slightly... The QCK has a really minimal difference. (QCK+ less than the QCK heavy as it digs in less proportional to the thickness of the foam,  cloth surface is exactly the same). If you perform that test on the ARTISAN ZERO 'soft' you'll find your mouse just about sinks in and gets stuck. Obviously if your able to always apply minimal pressure to your mouse, it wont affect you.

Okay, so I just picked up my Zero FX Mid and it does seem that Mid is indeed the way to go, just pressing down on it with my fingertip it does feel very similar to how I imagine a G-SR or Gigantus would feel if they were as thin as this. However, it seems the surface itself is very prone to gripping on to things, I have Corepad feet on my Rival 310 and if I shift even the tiniest bit of weight to the right I can feel (and hear) the mouse feet scratching on the pad. It could be that I somehow applied them unevenly but examining the feet closely I couldn't really see any sort of sharp edges or protrusions that would get caught on things, maybe the edge is like a fraction of a mm higher than the rest but that could just be the viewing angle. Now, I do like the mousepad otherwise so we'll have to see if the scratching stops once the feet wear down a little. I never had this problem on any other pad so it is a little strange.

What I really like is the overall glide of the pad, the friction when initially moving the mouse as well as mid swipe feel pretty similar to me, you don't get as much of that heavy initial resistance followed by sort of a sudden slip that you get with slower pads like the G-SR. Compared to my old Zero Xsoft the surface on the FX might actually be a bit rougher to the touch and it does feel like the FX has a little bit more friction which honestly is a plus in my book, but to be honest the difference could be due to the fact that I can actually put some weight on the mouse without it sinking in to the pad completely. 

The backing really has to be praised anytime you talk about Artisan pads, it has these small bumps in it that act like little suction cups so once you get it placed down it wont be going anywhere. I mean there's not many pads you can do this with, it even makes a sound when you remove it almost like peeling tape or protective film of something.

I'll use the pad for a week or two and then report back here on how it feels once I've adjusted. I'm really hoping the scratching stops because it is kind of a deal breaker as it stands, but in the worst case I still have a spare set of Corepad feet I could try reapplying if nothing else helps.

21 hours ago, iBerggman said:

I guess so, but to be honest so is the Zero if you compare it to say a G-SR. I will admit though that I don't really understand the whole "stopping power" thing, I mean to my understanding that would be some form of friction so wouldn't that mean that glide and stopping power are opposites and sort of mutually exclusive? I mean I don't understand how a Zero could somehow have better stopping power than a QCK even though it's quite a bit faster in terms of glide speed. Granted, there is a difference between static and kinetic friction but it doesn't make sense that you would get more friction (stopping power) when moving the mouse. I always thought that the more stopping power you wanted the slower pad you would have to get.

I suppose texture feel could play a role here as well but that's more like tactile feedback than actual stopping power then isn't it? I don't know, I have a feeling there's something I'm missing when it comes to this?

Well I'm not sure if I get the frictions right but kinetic is how easy it is to get your mouse moving and static is how much  friction or resistance pad gives as you're on the move.

I know people might hate me for this, but I will say that G-SR is garbage mousepad. It is affected too much by humidity and it might be fine for first month which after it becomes god awfully slow. Yeah many CSGO pros might use it, but I personally just think it is waste of money and that Razer Gigantus or any of Artisan pads just beats it hands down. This is just my personal opinion of course based on my own experience with both the original blue one and the new black G-SR.

I have few mousepads and well there's just something about Artisan Zero's surface that although it does have fast glide initial friction is low so its really easy to get the mouse moving and static friction in it feels to be less than Qck+/heavy however it stops  where you want it to.   Then again mouse feet do affect how a mousepad will feel. I use on all my mice Hyperglide/Corepadz mouse feet which are pure teflon/PTFE as far as I know and they're white.. while your usual mouse feet you see companies but have gone different treatment and they're usually black and so they give more feedback resistance . Hyperglide/Corepadz give you a smooth and a bit faster gliding experience in comparison.  Still I have used both Qck and Artisan Zero for a good while on Hyperglides and they both pretty much stop where I want them to.

I can feel in use that Qck does have more static friction/resistance while on the move. To get your mouse moving feels nearly the same with Zero and Qck. It might be placebo, but I feel like my aim just tiny tiny bit more precise/accurate with Qck. However my accuracy stats seem to be the exact same with both pads.

What I like about Artisan Zero is it is consistent regardless of humidity and it feels the same to me. As well as having moderate/medium glide speed it still stops exactly where you want it to.  My room and apartment always been really dry.. like air wise. There's static electricity all over the place. Finally after 6 years I've decided to just buy some cheap humidifier.

There are people who are kind of oblivious and will say "mousepad is a mousepad they all feel the same" some just are not sensitive enough to notice a change. I personally can aim pretty much with any pad that is not the problem, problem is me being comfortable with the pad and it's speed/stopping power.

Basically if anyone wants more friction than what Qck+ or G-SR can offer... just get  competition/master feet from Hotlines gaming or just find some high friction PTFE sheets and make your own. Then again I personally feel that'd be overkill and would say at that point you might be either playing with a too high of a sensitivity or you mistake missing a shot to your actual accuracy.

Sorry for the long post.. sometimes I get a bit carried away.