Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

BEST Mouse? BEST Mouse Pad? NEW! RAZER VIPER

DNAMTE

I think a hardware section on this website is a great idea, here is a few ideas on mousepads and mice I use! 

First lets talk mouse pads... I've been through a few.. few more then a few. I Use a moderately low sensitivity (~50cm/360) so the size of the pad is important, bigger the better.

In my opinion mouse pad friction should be very consistent, IMO the actual speed of the surface is not as important as its overall consistency. Starting your mouse movement (static friction) and continuing a movement (kinetic friction) ideally would be equal, though this is not possible, I believe the closer they feel the more consistent and reliable the pad will feel.
Adding to that is how the pad material lets your hand/arm slide over it. Some pads in my experience really grab to your hand/arm (Possibly not as much of a problem if your have very dry hands, moisture is the root cause of the problem).

Here's a few I've recently used:    (RED = honourable mention), (GOLD = My top pick)

- Logitech 640 - 450x400, 3mm thick. This pad is a well made, smooth textured consistent glide retaining lots of control. It shares a lot of similarities with the Zowie GSR, although personally I find this pad doesn't deal with humidity as well and can stop your hand gliding uniformly. 

- ASUS ROG SHEATH - 900x440, 3mm thick. Perfectly flat and VERY fast. Friction is very consistent on the mouse unfortunately this is one of them pads that really tends to lock on to my hand when it gets sweaty, making it feel less consistent overall.

- BenQ Zowie G-SR - 480x400, 3.5mm thick. Perfectly flat with a somewhat *inconsistent surface speed. *Static friction is really quite high, highest I've tested, coupled with a fairly fast *kinetic friction speed, resulting in a fairly inconsistent experience. On the positive side it's very well made, perfectly flat with a silky smooth high quality feeling texture that allows your hand to glide as well as the mouse. I still rate this pad highly if you get used to the unusual glide.

- Steelseries Qck+ - 450x400, 2mm thick. Perfectly flat and moderately fast surface speed. Friction is quite balanced on this pad making it feel consistent and reliable. Adding to that my hand has little trouble moving over this pad i rate these pads highly.

- Razer Gigantus - 455mm square, 5mm thick. Originally i tested this pad and it had what felt like a lumpy under surface (was like an air bubble that seemed to move around. I wrote this pad off and called it a day. Well i decided to give it another go and to my disbelief the 'lump' is nowhere to be found.
Perfectly flat and with similar mouse feel to the Qck pads. Qck possibly a little bit faster. Friction also feels really consistent and reliable. Overall i notice little difference between this and the Qck and rate it highly.

- Steelseries Qck HEAVY - 450x400, 6mm thick. Read Qck+ but thicker. Despite people saying it uses a different cloth, I've compared them both and they are identical cloths. IMO its a tad too thick.

- Fnatic Focus G1 XXL - 487x372, 3mm thick. Perfectly flat and second only to the ASUS ROG in terms of surface speed. Friction seems consistent however alike the ASUS (all 'glossy' pads???) as soon as your hand gets a bit sweaty it starts sticking to the pad.

- Roccat Taito 2017 900x330, 3mm thick. I played with this pad only for a short time. It's not tall enough for me, so I'm trying to source the 370mm tall version (not available in Australia, yet :(. What I can say though is it really feels like a faster steel series pad. Friction seems consistent and in the short time I used it I never had any problems with it gripping to my hand! When I get the larger version I'll update.

- Steelseries Qck Extended - 900x400, 4mm thick. Read Qck+ but thicker and wider! Despite people saying it uses a different cloth, I've compared them both and they are identical cloths. This pad is the best thickness out of the range coupled with extra room!

- ARTISAN Ninja FX Zero  XL  (SOFT foam) - 490x420, 4mm thick - What can i say, this pads quality is #1, sits perfect flat out of the box.

Sub-surface stitched edges, perfectly flat / uniform base, consistent feeling cloth with little friction. Negatives? Firstly the cloth texture is fairly coarse, the coarsest texture of any pad I've tested, something you can adjust to fairly quickly but worth a thought, noticeable if your coming from a pad like the smooth Zowie GSR, it's not a huge problem but the GSR certainly allows your hand to glide better.

Now for my deal breaker, the foam. For me, it's too soft, this is the only pad I've ever had which will cause the mouse to really DIG IN by applying 'excess' pressure to the mouse, i talk more about this on pages 4 & 5.

- ARTISAN Ninja FX Zero  XL (MID foam) - 490x420, 3mm thick - READ ARTISAN Ninja FX Zero  XL  (SOFT foam) then consider that the foam issue is now gone, this base is great and I've had zero issue with it. My favorite pad right now!

- HYPER X Fury X 'speed' - 450x400, 3mm thick - First of all lets correct and change the name - HYPER X Fury 'control', it's not faster than the standard Fury X, it's slower. The texture and glide are 'smoother' but it's noticeably slower. Static friction is on the higher end but seems fairly consistent with the general glide and feel of the pad. The smooth texture allows your hand to glide easily, however there is a SLIGHT issue with humidity which seems commonplace amongst 'glossy pads' (Read ASUS ROG SHEATH)

Unlike the Fury X i tested, the base is very flat and consistent which surprised me as I'd assumed they used the same base material, quality control? the stitching however, does not sit flat around the edges even after a month sitting on a flat surface. Overall i didn't mind this pad after getting used to it.

- HYPER X Fury X -  450x400, 3mm thick -To be honest, this pad ALIKE the Logitech 640 suffered from a 'lumpy' under surface, a GREAT disappointment and likely a quality control issue given the fact that the  HYPER X Fury X 'speed' did not have the issue.

This pad is a slightly faster sibling of the 'speed' version, confusing i know... The texture is more coarse and i believe that's really the only difference, a larger weave of the same material. As we've seen before 'smoother' is not always faster, often less contact points = less friction. I would pick this pad out of the two IF IT HAD A SMOOTH BASE! which it doesn't...

AORUS AMP500 - 430x370, 1.8mm thick - This pad is by far the best pad i've tried for tracking, its glide is second to none, my tracking is more consistent with this surface than any other (i've not tested any hard pads), friction is very consistent making micro adjustment very easy and you never get that 'stuck' feeling.

I'm more comfortable / consistent at target acquisition on a more controlled surface like the ARTISAN Ninja FX Zero XL (MID foam). honestly that could be simply due to more time on that surface, time will tell but ultimately this pad is tied as My favorite pad right now!

X-Raypad THOR - NEW - TESTING!!

Lets talk mice... Listed in the order of receiving them! NOT by performance!

- Razer Viper (currently using)

- Glorious MODEL O 

- Logitech G PRO Gaming Mouse HERO

- Logitech G PRO Wireless

- Steelseries Rival 600

- Steelseries Rival 310 

- Razer Lancehead TE 

- Razer DeathAdder Elite

- ROCCAT Kone EMP

- Zowie FK1+

- Zowie FK1

- Zowie EC2-A

- Zowie FK2

- Logitech G403 wired 

- Logitech G403 Wireless 

- Logitech G900

- Steelseries Rival 300

Here's some specifics on my favourites! You can find more feedback on most of the above by looking through the pages of this thread!

Razer Viper - NEW, currently testing! I've only just received this mouse, already love it, consider the Zowie FK 1 & Glorious Model o as predecessors to this. They are all similar in shape, but this mouse LITERALLY does everything better. Better balanced, better grip, better cable, better side button placement and an even better shape. The Geometry of this mouse feels fantastic.

To top it off this mouse feels extremely well built, no flex or creaking and still comes in under 70g. 

Glorious MODEL O - Read Zowie FK 1. consider this; it weighs only 67g, better buttons all round, comfort grooves for M1 & M2, better cable, RGB and software allowing DPI steps of 100 and then consider that this shape is slightly better than the FK1, I get no cramping with this mouse and still get a great solid grip.

Steelseries Rival 310 - This mouse has a GREAT shape, the geometry allows a very solid grip. the buttons are all very good, great flexible cable and one of the best gliding mouses I've used. The only negative I can pick is the rubber sides, when your hands are dry they offer amazing grip, coupled with great geometry the mouse is literally locked in place. Perfect. Unfortunately after your hands warm up, any moisture makes the grips very slippery and lets this mouse down. Honestly if this mouse had comfort grooves in the M1/M2 buttons and a similar coating/ grips as the Rival 600 (the grips on the rival 600 almost improve as your hands warm up, the rest of the mouse is coated in an anti slip coating, Great!), this would easily be my top pick.

Zowie FK  1 - Almost as soon as I picked up this mouse I liked it, a lot. You can get a VERY SOLID grip on this shape and ultimately is why it feels so consistent and reliable, no rubber grips and it doesn't need it, the geometry is good enough. The L&R clicks are stiffer than most and take some getting used to and the side buttons / mouse wheel are OK. Great contact pads, glides well.

Great flexible cable and not much to say about the 3310 sensor, works fine, tracks well. Obviously DPI steps are limited to 400, 800, 1600 & 3200. Not really a problem for most. After months of using this mouse the only concern I had was discomfort in my hand as your pinkie finger is generally completely unsupported.

IMG_2351.thumb.JPG.a8107edfef6d2eb0433b4ffa2f78d53f.JPG

Any specific questions feel free!

gpw1.jpg

Razer viper glorious o.jpg

Edited by DNAMTE

Really good overview of mousepads!

I am using a Steelseries Heavy and a Zowie G TF-X, but I might give the Roccat Taito or the Razer Gigantus a try :)

I really like the The Zowie G TF-X​, is hybrid between plastic and Cloth, but I have the same problem like you (with "glossy" pads) , that my hands like to get stuck on it when it is a little sweaty

And for the mices...well I cant use ambidextrous due to some proplems with my hand..I need some ergonomic mice. But I think for people who like ambidextrous mice, they get some good informations here (y)

(Btw..do you know Rocket Jump Ninja from Youtube? :D )

Edited by WhoCares?

I'v never tried the GTF-X although i've heard good things about it. Zowie made a great reputation on their ORIGIONAL 'blue' G-SR pad which i'm told is nothing like the new BenQ version. Sadly...

I have watched quite a few of RJN reviews, He's great at giving an opinion but I really would like more detail when it comes to mouse pads.

The majority of his mouse pad reviews come down to 'wish it had stitching', colour and how thick it is. The friction (glide, stop, start) of a mouse pad and how it reacts with mouse feet, hand & arm is the make or break for a mouse pad IMO. Something barely mentioned, if ever.

I've left comments on his YouTube previously with some potential beneficial tests to improve his mouse pad reviews. Sadly, unless you say something to boost his ego the chance of a reply are slim.

TBH I'm really looking forward to DPI Wiz mouse reviews as they have some real factual benefit. Something I don't see anywhere else.

I had some serious issues with sprays control, burst control or any sort of aiming with the G900 for some reason and seemed to pixel jump as well, Tried their mousepads to make sure, but no difference. The G series mouse pads are okay at least the 240 and 640, but I have no room for them as I am sitting in Racing sim cockpit with just a keyboard trey, So I am using Corsair MM300 extended which I quite like, has a nice surface, it doesn't warm your hand and doesn't look dirty and the mouse has both speed and control and as far as surfaces go one of the best I have used. I had one of zowies hybrid thing mouse pads, but it kinda bulged over my keyboard trey giving uneven surface, but as far as mouse pads go it was good.

As for mouse I am using Zowie EC2-A Fingertip grip. I like it because it works and it is simple. And by works it means, I can aim and it seems to have direct input to what I am doing. Not too smooth and not to erratic either. Clicks are clicks can't complain, but can't praise either. The wheel is also the same, but nice and silent. Side buttons are easy to press, but not accidentally.
I Tried Rival 300 which I can't stand it is so 20$ mouse lol, it feels cheap it looks cheap and everything you press or scroll feels cheap. However it works.
Corsair M45 the smoothest experience, also satisfying mouse wheel...However the buttons are squishy at long range one taps it is great but often on rapid fire go mush and nothing happens.

I had some few other mice, but nothing note worthy.

I also had Steelseries DeX which is awesome, but way tooooooo smalllll!!!

Edited by WildStyle*

Just wanted to chime in and say the the QCK+ Heavy is the best mousepad in existence, if you have the space for it. In terms of mouse, I use an Zowie EC1-A because I have big hands. For other big handed people, I think the deathadder is also a good choice.

Just wanted to chime in and say the the QCK+ Heavy is the best mousepad in existence, if you have the space for it. In terms of mouse, I use an Zowie EC1-A because I have big hands. For other big handed people, I think the deathadder is also a good choice.

I agree about the mices, I've used all the dethadder mices, my hands are not that big and I'm planning to try the EC2-A.

By the way the new deathadder elite disappointed me, the build quality is pretty low for the price imo.

The QCK+ Heavy feels too thick for me tho, I prefer the standard version. Recently I tried the razer gigantus but the mousepad had wrinkles issues, I had to return it (a lot of people had this problem). Lately I feel like razer's product quality is going down.

Edited by lns

Are you going to extended your collection of mousepads over time?

I'm somewhat addicted to mousepads and mice.. The collection will grow when I see something that looks worth buying!

I agree about the mices, I've used all the dethadder mices, my hands are not that big and I'm planning to try the EC2-A.

By the way the new deathadder elite disappointed me, the build quality is pretty low for the price imo.

The QCK+ Heavy feels too thick for me tho, I prefer the standard version. Recently I tried the razer gigantus but the mousepad had wrinkles issues, I had to return it (a lot of people had this problem). Lately I feel like razer's product quality is going down.

I ORIGIONALLY had a similar issue "Originally I tested this pad and it had what felt like a lumpy under surface (was like an air bubble that seemed to move around. I wrote this pad off and called it a day."

​Luckily for me when I tested it again, after reading lots of positive comments about it... The issue had resolved itself...

Regardless I prefer the Qck surface anyway, a smidge.

I would love to hear some feedback about the Glorious XL Heavy or the Cooler Master Storm Swift-RX Large :P

I can't decide which one I am going to buy, cuz they are all very similar to eachother:

Cooler Master Storm Swift-RX Large

Glorious XL Heavy

Razer Gigantus

Roccat Taito 2017

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the Glorious XL Heavy mousepad. Its excellent! :) The mouse glides a lot "faster"  /with less resistance in comparison to the Steelseries QCK HEAVY. I dont know if I like "faster" in the long run, but for now I find it really good.

Keep us posted, I've heard lots of good things about them.

I recently bought the Steelseries extended, its my perfect thickness of 4mm. I also bought the Razer deathadder elite to test out.

UPDATE:

The Razer DeathAdder Elite had such potential. The sensor, mouse feet, buttons, scroll wheel, weight and even the power cord are all VERY GOOD.

This mouse feels very snappy in game contrary to my statement above regarding no noticeable difference between sensors, I really believe I do notice how much sharper this one feels.

​Unfortunately as much as I've really tried to like this mouse, the shape lets it down. The shape is comfortable, very comfortable but it lacks shape that allows you to 'clamp' the mouse, there's no ledge on the right side anywhere that allows your ring / pinky finger to grip the mouse, coupled with a relatively slippery plastic. Ultimately making this mouse feel unreliable and lowering in game performance.

Edited by DNAMTE

I Really hope companies like Razer in future releases can distinguish between comfortable ergonomics and useful ergonomics. The most comfortable shape DOES NOT mean it's the best performing shape.

​The Zowie FK is actually quite an uncomfortable mouse in comparison to the Razer DeathAdder, however it allows a very solid grip with minimal pressure. Anyone who thinks they get a firm grip on the DA, I suggest you try out FK.

PERFORMANCE > COMFORT

Yeah the Razer DeathAdder shape is ridiculous. My Hands would't hurt after 10 mins of using it :( Thats the reason why I never bought it, even I would like to (And the Synaps software...)

In my opinion, comfort is as important as perforance, because when you feel comfortable with a mouse you aim will better too. If you have a perfect sensore but you are scared of touching your mouse, it wont help u a lot^^

Received the Razer Lancehead TE today. First impressions are; GREAT L&R clicks, stiff scroll wheel. Contact pads aren't as good as the DA E. shape is.... questionable but I'm going to give it a roll first.

Update to follow.

Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

The shape is nothing like the DA. To me the size and overall shape feels a lot like the FK1, however they have added curves in the wrong places. For example the thumb rather then having a slight indent to provide grip has an outward curve that would allow your thumb to rest? Eliminating the thumbs solid grip feeling you get on the FK1. The opposite side where your ring finger rests has a very awkward protruding 'sharp' curve that really makes this mouse feel awkward to use. I honestly do not know who gave them reason for this shape, it really does not feel good at all.

The overall quality seems good, the L&R clicks are possibly my favourite from my collection, the scroll wheel and side buttons are a downgrade from the DeathAdder Elite (which are very good) however not to bad. It weighs around 10g more than the DA E and is only about 2g lighter then the G900...

Overall unless you have tried this mouse in the hand I would not recommend it. If you like Razer then I would recommend the DA E as I really do like that mouse, I just wish it had a better area for the ring finger to lock on to.

NEXT!

Edited by DNAMTE
  • 2 weeks later...

Logitech G403 + the biggest mousemat I could find. 

Size and shape fits me extremely well.
If you're looking for a mouse you should look for a mouse that fits you well and a sensor that's flawless.

I could give one for the G403 as well. Since I've legit been using it for a year now and it's still in a perfect condition even after 6-9 hours usage a day.

Edited by NoMaD.oW
18 hours ago, NoMaD.oW said:

Logitech G403 + the biggest mousemat I could find. 

Size and shape fits me extremely well.
If you're looking for a mouse you should look for a mouse that fits you well and a sensor that's flawless.

I could give one for the G403 as well. Since I've legit been using it for a year now and it's still in a perfect condition even after 6-9 hours usage a day.

I didn't mind the Logitech G403, I just found other shapes that fit me better. It was my favourite ergo until I decided to try out the EC2 A. G403 still has flaws and I feel they are deliberate. G900 for example has a superior mouse wheel, L&R clicks, mouse feet. If they simply made it as 'premium' as the G900 then offered a cheaper wired version (with a better cable ideally) I feel it would cover more of the market.

I've been using the EC2 A as of late, I really do think a EC1 A will be better (for me) but I'm not willing to buy another Zowie until they update the sensor.

Great to hear your feedback though!

Edited by DNAMTE
7 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

I didn't mind the Logitech G403, I just found other shapes that fit me better. It was my favourite ergo until I decided to try out the EC2 A. G403 still has flaws and I feel they are deliberate. G900 for example has a superior mouse wheel, L&R clicks, mouse feet. If they simply made it as 'premium' as the G900 then offered a cheaper wired version (with a better cable ideally) I feel it would cover more of the market.

I've been using the EC2 A as of late, I really do think a EC1 A will be better (for me) but I'm not willing to buy another Zowie until they update the sensor.

Great to hear your feedback though!

Oh a 100% though, if the Zowie EC2 A fits you better you should be sticking with that.
I feel like the shape of the mouse can make you perform a lot better than one might think.

I have actually read Zowie makes one of the better shaped mouses out there as well

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, idiom444 said:

Any opinions on the HyperX Skyn mousepads? Ive never bought a bigger mouse pad and was wondering how the one i got with my headset hold up against the rest :).

I've not had the chance to play with one, if you don't see any issues when using it. Keep it!

A little note to the Glorious XL Heavy I recently bought: In the summer when my hand is a little swetty my hand starts to stick on the mousepad. To be fair most mausepads have this issue, still I was hoping this Mousepad woudn't :/

Otherwise still a great Mousepad :)

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:34 AM, WhoCares? said:

A little note to the Glorious XL Heavy I recently bought: In the summer when my hand is a little swetty my hand starts to stick on the mousepad. To be fair most mausepads have this issue, still I was hoping this Mousepad woudn't :/

Otherwise still a great Mousepad :)

The ASUS ROG and Fnatic Focus pads I tested also suffer with this. Any 'glossy' pad in fact seems to suffer with this. Another reason the SS Qck pads remain #1. Humidity and glossy pads = disaster.

It's my belief that the less actual contact area between mouse and mouse pad, the more consistent and less reactive to humidity changes. Quite possibly because less contact area = less area that can change under alternating conditions.

A fan favourite was the Razer Goliathus 'speed' pad which has a 'textured' surface, minimising surface contact.

It seems very common that companies associate speed with 'smooth' when designing mouse pads, quite the opposite can be more beneficial considering static and kinetic friction. The reality is not much R&D is put towards mouse pads and frankly many of the pads given some effort end up worse.