Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

Are you using Monitor Distance or Viewspeed when converting? If you use 360 Distance it will be too fast for the scopes. 

I was using the 360 distance, I didn't know I can change it to Viewspeed or Monitor Distance however I've tried out Viewspeed and it feels pretty much perfect, thanks for the tool.

Also whats the difference between Monitor Distance and Viewspeed and 360?

@DPI Wizard

Have you seen PUBG.ME? It lists the 2x scope as having 1.8x magnification and the 4x scope as having 4x magnification, both of which agree with your calculator. However, it lists the 8x scope as having 7.25x magnification and the 15x scope as having 12x magnification. Supposedly those values were datamined from the game values, so I'm wondering if you have verified in-game that the 8x/15x scopes indeed have matching 8x/15x magnification, as used in your calculator's formulas? I'm guessing that either your calculator is more up-to-date and the values have changed since PUBG.ME datamined them, or the values were changed after you set up the 8x/15x scope calculations and PUBG.ME ascertained the updated values through their datamining.

Also I've come up with what I believe is a superior method for transforming CS:GO's (and other Source games) sensitivity and zoom sensitivity behavior to PUBG's sensitivities. I want to wait on sharing it until the 8x/15x scope magnifications have been confirmed.

• Wizard

I will re-test everything when the monthly patch is released with an FOV slider next week, some values might have changes since I did the calculations.

Also, if anyone have access to a custom server that I can use, it would be extremely helpful. I'll apply as soon as they are open for applications, but who knows if I'll get one. Getting my hands on a 15x scope and having time to analyze accurately it in a real game is not very easy!

If you fail to find a custom server, the quickest way to find a 15x scope would be to parachute to a vehicle and wait in a safe spot near the middle of the map, listening for the planes. When you hear one, stalk it until it drops the package and try to nab in and get the loot. Obviously this is high risk, but you can probably get lucky and nick a 15x in 2-3 games. Then drive to the middle of nowhere to do your analysis.

Another peculiarity I noticed with the calculator is that the 4x/8x/15x scopes work out to 4.00x/8.00x/15.00x magnifications if you use 360° rotation and Actual HFOV compared to Scoping. But for 2x scope, the 360° rotation gives a 1.80x magnification while the Actual HFOV gives a ~1.82 magnification. Is there a minor miscalculation that's happening with the 2x scope values, or is this a quirk that originates in the game code, meaning your calculator values are all accurate for the 2x scope?

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
  • Wizard
5 minutes ago, Vols and Jezuz said:

But for 2x scope, the 360° rotation gives a 1.80x magnification while the Actual HFOV gives a ~1.82 magnification. Is there a minor miscalculation that's happening with the 2x scope values, or is this a quirk that originates in the game code, meaning your calculator values are all accurate for the 2x scope?

There is (or was at least) a slight mismatch in the game actually, the 360 distance is exactly 1.8 times, while the FOV is a little bit higher. I've also done some rounding of the values which I'll fix in the next update so they match up better.

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, Vols and Jezuz said:

If I find an 8x or 15x scope while I'm playing, can I just take screenshots of being scoped in versus first-person unscoped, without changing my aim, as a quick and dirty way to investigate the magnifications by counting pixels of an object?

That would give a good estimation at least. Add in a holo/red dot in the same screenshot also if you can.

Ideally I need to check the exact 360 distance, and how wide the FOV is in pixels.

• Wizard
12 minutes ago, tttt1010 said:

Isnt magnification simply

tan(fovA/2)/tan(fovB/2) ?

This is the correct way of doing it (like Battlefield 1 and 4 does it), but PUBG is actually applying the magnification directly to the FOV, so a 4x magnification is simply a 4th of the 1x FOV. This is technically the wrong way of doing it though. 

It's just a technicality, practically speaking. As long as the calculator has the correct FOVs and the correct sensitivity/360° rotation ratio for each magnification level, the actual magnification levels one might calculate are inconsequential unless I'm missing something. Though of course it would be nice if the official in-game magnification labels and actual, correct magnifications matched.

I've seen CS:GO and other Source games just use the FOV ratio instead of the tan(FOV/2) ratio, and I think Arma as well (there's other games but I can't remember). So they might not even realize they are using an antiquated method for calculating magnification.

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Using 100% monitor match, Normal, Vehicle, Targetting share the same sensitivity, Scoping, Scope 4x, 8x, 15x share the same sensitivity, and Scope 2x is on its own (due to the 1.8x?). Should it be like this?

Yes, since 100% Monitor Match is the same as dividing the FOV's, it adds up like that. The 2x scope is a bit weird, as the FOV and 360 distance don't add up the same way as the others, 360 distance is 1.8 while the FOV is about 1.81. I will go through everything next week though.

I used my strategy in the previous post and was able to snag an 8x scope to take some screenshots and mouse data. I derped a little bit and did it versus third person instead of first person, but I suppose it's still fine. Here are the images for comparison if anyone wants to do any calculations with them. I tried but got too confused by the trigonometry to get much out of them.

Third person

8x scoped in

8x scoped in overlayed on third person

I also took MouseTester data to get the total x-counts in a 360° rotation. Here are the images of the points I used to start/stop on while collecting MouseTester data: third person, 8x scoped in.

For third person, it was a total of 16362 x-counts, which converts to 46.177cm per 360° with my 900DPI. This is very close to the 46.1818cm per 360° from the calculator for my 0.009900 hipfire sensitivity.

For 8x scoped in, it was a total of 173621 x-counts, which converts to 489.997cm per 360° with my 900DPI. This is not close to the 540.6461cm per 360° from the calculator for my 0.007732 Scope 8X sensitivity. However, if the calculator treated the Scope 8X sensitivity as having 7.25x magnification, then the calculator would give 489.9608cm per 360°, which is very close to my measured 489.997cm per 360°. So I think we can conclusively state that the 8x scope is indeed 7.25x magnification as reported on PUBG.ME, and we can furthermore anticipate that the 15x scope will be 12x magnification.

To demonstrate the difference this makes, the 0.007732 sensitivity I was using for Scope 8x sensitivity should actually be 0.008532 (= 0.007732 * 8 / 7.25) to take the 7.25x magnification into consideration. I was also using 0.007732 for Scope 15X sensitivity, which should actually be 0.009665 (= 0.007732 * 15 / 12) to take the 12x magnification into consideration. The various sensitivities I used for PUBG come from my own method, which I will make a post for soon, but the bottom line is that this effects everyone who used the calculator for deriving Scope 8X and Scope 15X sensitivities.

Oh, and somehow I managed to win that game after I collected these screenshots and mouse data even though I was just trying to find an 8x or 15x scope for this test. Just goes to show, man's best laid plans in PUBG :rolleyes:

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
  • Wizard

Thanks for the data!

They must have changed something then, because 8X I tested quite a bit early on. 360° with default sensitivity (0.02) was 74060 counts, or exactly 8x the counts of ADS (9257.5).

I think I'll wait for the patch  next week to update anything however, as a lot might change :)

Yeah it makes sense to wait.

Here is my method for converting CS:GO sensitivity to PUBG, and it should work for other Source games. Where it gets interesting is that I preserve the behavior of the scoped mouse sensitivity from CS:GO and its zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse. While Valve's method for handling scoped sensitivity is far from perfect, as has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum and other places, it is the behavior that feels most natural to me now after years of playing CS:GO and TF2. After refining this method and trying it out extensively in-game, I'm extremely satisfied with how familiar and seamless the aim feels across all scopes/FOVs. All the other methods I've tried that use Viewspeed or various Monitor Distances just did not feel right across all scopes/FOVs.

Note, this method was made for people who primarily stay in third person except to engage in gunfights. This will need a little tweaking once first person only servers come out. Also note that I've included corrected magnifications for the 8x and 15x scopes, as discussed a few posts above. Edit: these steps are now obsolete, check this post for updated instructions.

1) Convert your CS:GO 360° rotation to PUBG Hipfire using the calculator. For me, 1 sensitivity @ 900DPI = 46.1818cm per 360°, which gives 0.009900 for PUBG Hipfire. The reason that I've used PUBG's third person (Hipfire) for 360° rotation conversion is because it is the mode you will almost always be in when you need to do large flicks. If you hear gunfire coming from 100m directly behind you, for instance, almost everyone will turn the 180° in third person, because the camera angle and increased FOV help you locate where the gunfire is coming from. Then once you have located the enemy, you switch to ADS or scope in to engage them, for the increased clarity from the zoomed in FOV and lower spread/deviation. So the muscle memory you have built in CS:GO for snapping to precise angles aligns best with PUBG's third person (Hipfire).

2) Hipfire is named Normal in the config file. For VehicleDriver and Targeting in the config file, use the same sensitivity that you calculated in step 1 for Hipfire, since they are all the same FOV.

3) Go to this Google spreadsheet and then "File" > "Download as" so you can have a copy to edit. In the green boxes, edit the red text to enter your personal CS:GO cm per 360° from the calculator and zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse (my values are just there as an example).

4) To make zoomed FOV sensitivity behave like CS:GO and other Source games with zoom sensitivity ratio, the target 360° rotation for PUBG Scoping is calculated in cm by starting with the Hipfire 360° rotation and multiplying it by the FOV magnification, then dividing by the zoom sensitivity ratio. This way, the change in a zoomed FOV's sensitivity changes according to the FOV in the exact same way as with the various zoom levels in CS:GO. Sniper rifles' first zoom, AWP second zoom, SSG 08/G3SG1/SCAR-20 second zoom, and AUG/SG 55 zoom are all different magnifications and FOVs in CS:GO, but are all controlled by the same zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse value.

5) EDIT - For these last 2 steps, only pick PUBG as the first game in the calculator, don't pick CS:GO for the first game and PUBG as the second game to convert. To get your PUBG Scoping sensitivity, pick Scoping under Aim in the calculator, enter your DPI, and manually alter the sensitivity value until the green 360° rotation value in the CALCULATIONS box is as close to the spreadsheet's Scoping target 360° rotation as possible. Keep in mind that the game only uses six decimal places (0.xxxxxx) for config values, so don't waste your time getting more exact than that. This might sound like it would take forever, but it goes quickly once you get a method down.

6) Scope 2X/4X/8X/15X  target 360° rotations are all calculated similarly to Scoping in step 4, but they are calculated relative to Scoping 360° rotation. So just repeat step 5 for the remaining sensitivities, matching the calculator's green 360° rotation values to the spreadsheet's target 360° rotation values. Make sure to change the calculator's Aim selection for each Scope level, as the same sensitivity value gives different 360° rotations for each of the Aim choices.

When you are all done, you should end up with a list of values similar to mine below. You will need to look up how to edit PUBG's config file if you are not familiar with it, and you will probably have to make it Read-only or the game will probably revert your values at some point in time. I suggest making a backup of the config file in case this ever happens.

• Normal: 0.009900
  • VehicleDriver: 0.009900
  • Targeting: 0.009900
  • Scoping: 0.008749
  • Scope2X: 0.007732
  • Scope4X: 0.007732
  • Scope8X: 0.008532
  • Scope15X: 0.009665
Edited by Vols and Jezuz

To get your PUBG Scoping sensitivity, pick Scoping under Aim in the calculator, enter your DPI, and manually alter the sensitivity value until the green 360° rotation value in the CALCULATIONS box is as close to the spreadsheet's Scoping target 360° rotation as possible. Keep in mind that the game only uses six decimal places (0.xxxxxx) for config values, so don't waste your time getting more exact than that. This might sound like it would take forever, but it goes quickly once you get a method down.

Hi I didn't understand this part as I use a sens of 1.1@800dpi with 1 zoom sens on csgo and the excel sheet gave a 360 value of 53.9449 for scoping so the sens I got for the scoping was 0.004290 surely this is too low?? 

Am I doing something wrong thx

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Hipfire
Sensitivity 1:
sensitivity "0.37919"
360° rotation:
53.9427 inches
Config FOV:
fov_cs_debug 90
Actual VFOV:
73.74 degrees
Actual HFOV:
106.26 degrees

216.png PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Config File) - Scoping
Sensitivity 1:
MouseSensitiveName="Scoping",MouseSensitivity=50.000000,LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.004290
360° rotation:
53.9481 inches

Discrepancy: 0.01% (0.0054 inches)
Config FOV:
Field of View 76
Actual VFOV:
42.39 degrees
Actual HFOV:
69.16 degrees

Again I tried it with 2x scope and got the same value 0.004290

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Hipfire
Sensitivity 1:
sensitivity "0.21064"
360° rotation:
97.1067 inches
Config FOV:
fov_cs_debug 90
Actual VFOV:
73.74 degrees
Actual HFOV:
106.26 degrees

216.png PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Config File) - Scope 2X
Sensitivity 1:
MouseSensitiveName="Scope2X",MouseSensitivity=50.000000,LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.004290
360° rotation:
97.1154 inches

Discrepancy: 0.009% (0.0087 inches)
Config FOV:
Field of View 76
Actual VFOV:
21.92 degrees
Actual HFOV:
38 degrees
Edited by Rashy

You don't convert from CS:GO to PUBG with the calculator for any of the steps after you have the PUBG Hipfire sensitivity. You just select the first game as PUBG (Config File), pick Scoping as the Aim, and then adjust sensitivity until you hit the Scoping target 360° rotation. When I do this with your CS:GO sensitivity and zoom ratio, I get 0.010890 for Scoping. For people using CS:GO zoom sensitivity ratio of 1, all the values will end up being the same except for Scope 2x (barely), 8x, and 15x. I'll just do all the values for you because it doesn't take long now that I have a method down.

• Normal: 0.010890
  • VehicleDriver: 0.010890
  • Targeting: 0.010890
  • Scoping: 0.010890
  • Scope2X: 0.010891
  • Scope4X: 0.010890
  • Scope8X: 0.012017
  • Scope15X: 0.013613

Edit: calculator updated.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
  • Wizard
30 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Could you not just make the calculator use the correct fov value? Like change the aim type to scope 2x, then change the fov to 2 * (76/1.8), and it will return the sensitivity value for the correct fov instead. Repeat for 8x, change the aim type to 8x, change the fov to 8 * (76/7.25). Repeat for 15x. 15 * (76/12).

The scope multiplier is not applied to the hipfire FOV, but the ADS FOV which is about 68.8. I'll update the 2x, 8x and 15x now, and go through them again next patch.

14 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

They must have changed something then..

Do you know if that's the reason why this calculator doesn't give the same results as the jscalc one which might be updated or outdated? Or do they just use fundamentally different math / calculation methods? Not only the scopes, speaking about the general sensitivity.

jscalc: Source Engine/CS:GO: 2.4 = PUBG Hipfire Config: 0.0195360

m-s.com: Source Engine/CS:GO: 2.4 = PUBG Hipfire Config: 0.023760

Judging by feeling,  the jscalc one felt correct to me. Little highlight, really nothing special, but it felt like I could transfer my muscle memory from CS:GO to PUBG: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RightReadyKangaroo-mobile.mp4 (left/right jitter because of AK recoil).

I'm probably about to be told why the jscalc is wrong/bad but oh well, whatever works I guess.

Is this the jscalc one you are referring to? Unless I'm just not understanding how to use it correctly, that thing looks like an absolute mess. Doesn't take into account your DPI at all, the PUBG FOV isn't correct by default, and the method they are using to scale the magnifications is just stupid. I would recommend cleaning your browser history, pretending you never saw it, and never go back to it again.

I'm probably about to be told why the jscalc is wrong/bad but oh well, whatever works I guess.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Could you not just make the calculator use the correct fov value? Like change the aim type to scope 2x, then change the fov to 2 * (76/1.8), and it will return the sensitivity value for the correct fov instead. Repeat for 8x, change the aim type to 8x, change the fov to 8 * (76/7.25). Repeat for 15x. 15 * (76/12).

Updated and verified everything now (with the exception of 15x, I'm going by the datamined 12x on it).

A few notes:

• I've updated the FOV to 80, which is most likely correct. The issue with measuring it is that the 1st person view is not actually 1st person. The camera is still slightly behind the pivot point. This is also true for the scopes!
  • FOV for scoping is 70, and all scopes are based on this with their multipliers.
  • If you set all the sensitivities to the same value, it is the same as 100% monitor match.

6 hours ago, Vols and Jezuz said:

You don't convert from CS:GO to PUBG with the calculator for any of the steps after you have the PUBG Hipfire sensitivity. You just select the first game as PUBG (Config File), pick Scoping as the Aim, and then adjust sensitivity until you hit the Scoping target 360° rotation

Lol sorry I forgot to convert the excel 360 in CM to inches for the calculator so my values were messed up

Also I finished calculating my sensitivities and here they are:

Hipfire: 0.010890 360/cm: 47.2

Vehicle: 0.010890 360/cm: 47.2

Targeting: 0.010890 360/cm: 47.2

Scoping:0.010897  360/cm: 53.9449

scope 2x: 0.010897 360/cm: 97.1008

scope 4x: 0.010897 360/cm: 215.7795

scope 8x:  0.010897 360/cm: 391.1004

scope 15x: 0.010897 360/cm: 647.3386

I'm not sure if this is right because my aim in sens is higher than my normal sens and all the scope sensitivities are the same unlike yours thx anyways hopefully you can help :) Sorry for being a newb

Also just wondering I use 1.1@800dpi with 1280x960 stretched(no black bars) will the stretched resolution change my sensitivity in anyway

Edited by Rashy