My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Why does Viewspeed make my sens so slow?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah okey yeah I was starting to figure that might be the case, however could not get my head around why every1 was saying viewspeed was working for them but not for me.

But basically, stretched = Monitor Distance 75%  |  Native = Viewspeed? And if so, do you think that will  be the same regardless what game I try to get my CSGO sens onto?

Ah I see, well that's great we could find that out :) (and by we I mean you).  But I guess I'll be using Monitor Distance until the fix has been made in a upcoming patch.

Also while we at it, how do I know which FoV type I should be using? Or it really doesnt matter?

• Wizard
7 minutes ago, lutthen said:

Ah I see, well that's great we could find that out :) (and by we I mean you).  But I guess I'll be using Monitor Distance until the fix has been made in a upcoming patch.

Also while we at it, how do I know which FoV type I should be using? Or it really doesnt matter?

The old Viewspeed is active now, you could try again. Should be pretty close to Monitor Distance 70% though.

The FOV type will automatically change to the type the game you select uses. The idea behind changing method is so you can easily match FOV's between games that use different method. For instance if you want the same FOV in BF1 and is CSGO, select FOV Type "Horizontal Deg. | 4:3 Base" and enter 90 in the FOV field (so it is identical to CSGO) for BF1, and the output will show you what you need to configure in BF1 to match CSGO (Config FOV).

@Drimzi Sorry haven't been on for a while, no I didn't test what you said. Mostly cause since the old viewspeed gave me a sens which feels quite good but also because I didnt fully understand how to actually test you theory. I mean I understand the theory and the part where you tell me to multiply the base length of cs go with 0,875. However I don't understand how to use this to get a new more "correct" sens. as you might have guessed, I'm not very techical. However I like to help as much as I can

I have to say though, I loved the idea of having a checkbox for stretched.

On 8/31/2017 at 6:12 AM, lutthen said:

@Drimzi Sorry haven't been on for a while, no I didn't test what you said. Mostly cause since the old viewspeed gave me a sens which feels quite good but also because I didnt fully understand how to actually test you theory. I mean I understand the theory and the part where you tell me to multiply the base length of cs go with 0,875. However I don't understand how to use this to get a new more "correct" sens. as you might have guessed, I'm not very techical. However I like to help as much as I can

I have to say though, I loved the idea of having a checkbox for stretched.

Kind of unrelated, but why is there an obsession in CSGO running in stretched? Does it REALLY help with easier to see hitboxes? I understand most pros that do this have been playing this way forever, but I really don't understand how it's an advantage. If anything, it restricts your field of view compared to widescreen, which might make it hardest to perceive threats. Although, CSGO is a very straight ahead game usually based on sound cues.

When playing streched your enemie is streched too, so the "hit-able" surface (on the same Monitor size) compared to a non streched enemie is bigger indeed.

This comes with the lost of a few degrees of fov and different x and y axis sensitivity of cause, but..

a wide fov isn't that importand in csgo ( in my opinion :ph34r:), because most of the time you have a pretty good idea where your enemie is coming from and you can pre-aim.

Edit:

Oh yes, and i think there is a lot of placebo and gaming habits ;) But if you feel more comfortable while playing you more consistent and better :) so play however it floats your boat :lol:

Edited by WhoCares?

@Bryjoe I started playing 4:3 cause I felt like there was less stuff on the screen for me to lose concentration on (I have problems with concentration generally). Stretched just came naturally because I can't stand to play with black-bars. However the reason why alot of people play stretched 4:3 (as mentioned by "WhoCares") has to do with the fact that the models feel bigger and easier to hit. Now this also makes them move faster, but that is a different story.

I have recenly started to play on 1920x1080 though to eliminate the difference in x and y sense. This so that it will be more natural for me to have the same sens over different games. Plus the game looks way more crisp haha ;p We'll see what I like the most I guess

@Drimzi Thank you I was actually just about to ask this, it's like you're reading my mind. Also I truly appreciate the fact that you calculated my new sens for me, even though I thanks to that link now understand what you mean with the *0,875 part.  It works great and I will be using this as my new base when setting my sens for new games.

I have one question though, now when I transfer my sens to PUBG it tells me I should put it at 42 where earlier on my 1.7 stretched sens it told me to go for 44. Does this have to do with the fact that it's no longer a stretched sens? Cause I have been told changing res should not affect your sens (obv when going from stretched to non stretched but otherwise no)

EDIT: Why does a comma and dots give different results? For example converting from 2,5 gives a lower result compared to 2.5

Edited by lutthen