Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Confused about the proper way to convert

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

and? that doesn't change anything does it? all=hipfire then?

If you're comparing the "All" calculation (which does hipfire and a scope at the same time), you need to compare it to the Assault Rifle, as this is the scope used with the "All" option. Also you are using MDH 100% for the scopes, and 0% for the rest, so you will not be able to convert back and forth without using the methods.

10 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

If you're comparing the "All" calculation (which does hipfire and a scope at the same time), you need to compare it to the Assault Rifle, as this is the scope used with the "All" option. Also you are using MDH 100% for the scopes, and 0% for the rest, so you will not be able to convert back and forth without using the methods.

if i use the hipfire instead of all can i compare it to sniper DLT instead? r u r saying that the gstallsensitivity command from swbf2 itself is for the riffle scope only? and should i use 100% for everything then like this: see bellow?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by Nameless
  • Wizard
7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

if i use the hipfire instead of all can i compare it to sniper DLT instead? r u r saying that the gstallsensitivity command from swbf2 itself is for the riffle scope only? and should i use 100% for everything then?

It affects all scopes, but you can only use one of scopes for your calculation. 0% is generally considered better than 100%.

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

That's expected when you don't use 360 distance and the FOV is different. Some like it, others don't.

but is it the same sens or not then? does it mean i could ave done the calculation using 360 distance then?

Edited by Nameless
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, Nameless said:

but is it the same sens or not then? does it mean i could ave done the calculation using 360 distance then?

It's the same according to your settings. If the FOV is different there is no real same sens, but methods to convert between them. What you prefer is up to you actually, there's no right answer.

4 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It's the same according to your settings. If the FOV is different there is no real same sens, but methods to convert between them. What you prefer is up to you actually, there's no right answer.

but then y do i get a different result here, i'm i doing something wrong?

1.PNG

but i get the same result for hipfire. see bellow.

2.PNG.a95967fd862f55bc2040361a0786d3a5.PNG

Edited by Nameless
4 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, you're using a different conversion (360 distance vs MDH 0%). They will result in a different sensitivity unless the FOV is the same.

Then what is the right method for 360 calculation? Unless u r saying that in my case i cant use the 360 calculation since the fov from both game r diff?

Edited by Nameless
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, Nameless said:

then what is the right method for 360 calculation? unless u r saying that in my case i cant use the 360 calculation since the fov from both game r diff?

It depends on you preference, do you want your sensitivity to always have the same movement to turn 90 degrees, 180 degrees etc so it's easier to navigate when running around, or do you want the aim to be consistent so when you track a target it's the same for both games.

19 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It depends on you preference, do you want your sensitivity to always have the same movement to turn 90 degrees, 180 degrees etc so it's easier to navigate when running around, or do you want the aim to be consistent so when you track a target it's the same for both games.

Isn't the same since i turn with the same mouse that i aim with, isn't it? I'm talking here about aiming without ads, without holding right click to aim down sight r scope. But to answer your question, its the muscles memory that concern me, only. So that when i track a target i want it to be consistent for both games, yes.

But if your question is really do i rather ave the same sens for moving mouse without ads r scope or if i rather having the ads and the scope to feel the same than my answer is i rather ave the no scope sens to be the same since i don't use ads that much in swbf2 and i mind less about having a different scope sens since i wasn't sniping really in ow, if i have to choose of course. i want my sens in swbf2 to be the same as Mccree for example who doesn't ads, from ow, transfer to lea who don't ads either, from swbf2. If that can reflect more clearly what i wan't.

but what would be perfect is to ave the same sens from overwath hipfire to all across the board in swbf2 with consistence.

Edited by Nameless
34 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

but isn't possible to ave both, is it not what i'm using right now?

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

but isn't possible to ave both, is it not what i'm using right now?

You can't have both.

If you preserve your aiming sensitivity, the cm/360° will scale proportionately with the change in zoom. (0% MDV)

If you preserve the cm/360°, the perceived mouse sensitivity will scale proportionately with the change in zoom. (360 Distance Match)

Either convert 0% MDV across the board, or convert 360 distance for hipfire and 0% MDV for ads/scopes (the default calculator settings).

Edited by Drimzi