Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Fortnite

2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Yeah that would make more sense. You can keep the 0.72 ads sensitivity if you prefer it to slow down by an arbitrary amount.

If you are converting from another game, ADS will not be 1.00, only because the hipfire sensitivity is rounded to 2 decimals, which results in a poor conversion. Since ADS is a multiplier for the hipfire sensitivity, it can achieve a more precise result with less discrepancy, that is the only reason why ADS may result in 0.98 or something.

Thanks a lot dude appreciate it! feels nice testing it out

I think I found a problem within the sensitivity settings in Fortnite. It looks like the sensitivity slider is able to do steps of 0.01 but you can be more accurate than that. If you try changing your sensitivity on the slider you can see the slider change even though the number stays the same. I might be unclear but try it yourself.

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, kwertie said:

I think I found a problem within the sensitivity settings in Fortnite. It looks like the sensitivity slider is able to do steps of 0.01 but you can be more accurate than that. If you try changing your sensitivity on the slider you can see the slider change even though the number stays the same. I might be unclear but try it yourself.

Yes, and since they removed config file sensitivity it's impossible to know exactly what you actually set the sensitivity to. Considering Epic is behind the Unreal Engine as well it's amazing how bad Fortnite handles slider accuracy, config file settings, acceleration and vertical vs horizontal sensitivity.

23 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Yes, and since they removed config file sensitivity it's impossible to know exactly what you actually set the sensitivity to. Considering Epic is behind the Unreal Engine as well it's amazing how bad Fortnite handles slider accuracy, config file settings, acceleration and vertical vs horizontal sensitivity.

I've noticed that my fortnite Y sensitivity feels much slower than my X sensitivity. Am I high or is the sens actually screwed up?

Edited by tttt1010
On 5/1/2018 at 12:27 AM, Drimzi said:

Kind of... but not really, since hipfire and ADS have the exact same FOV, they should have the same sensitivity. ADS should be 1.00.

All calculations on this site use FOV, camera distance is not taken into account, so if you modify the sensitivity for ADS due to camera distance (ADS just moves the camera, fov is unchanged), then no conversion method is going to replicate that. Since camera distance is not modified for snipers, it would make more sense to convert from hipfire instead, so that snipers aren't getting that sensitivity reduction.

How exactly does camera distance affect sensitivity, if at all? If I were playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and swap between first person and third person, would there be a significant change to my sens? Does my cm/360 change?

• Wizard
4 hours ago, tttt1010 said:

How exactly does camera distance affect sensitivity, if at all? If I were playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and swap between first person and third person, would there be a significant change to my sens? Does my cm/360 change?

The difference is that depth matters in 3rd person. If you want to aim at something say halfway between the crosshair and the monitor edge in 1st person, it's the same movement no matter how far away the object is. But in 3rd person you have to move further the closer the object is. And the camera distance further affects this difference.

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

The difference is that depth matters in 3rd person. If you want to aim at something say halfway between the crosshair and the monitor edge in 1st person, it's the same movement no matter how far away the object is. But in 3rd person you have to move further the closer the object is. And the camera distance further affects this difference.

So the cm/360 stays the same right? If I were hitting two players of equal screen distances away from my crosshair, but one player is further, then would the further player appear to move towards my crosshair compared to the closer one?

On 5/2/2018 at 8:42 AM, DPI Wizard said:

So, when I convert my Fortnite sens to CS:GO, does the calculation use the beginning of the slider, the end, or somewhere in the middle? For instance my sens on fortnite is 0.10, but there are a few ticks between 0.10 and 0.11.

Edited by heybg2
  • Wizard
1 hour ago, heybg2 said:

So, when I convert my Fortnite sens to CS:GO, does the calculation use the beginning of the slider, the end, or somewhere in the middle? For instance my sens on fortnite is 0.10, but there are a few ticks between 0.10 and 0.11.

Close to the beginning, actually somewhere between exactly when it switches to 0.10 and the next tick. Bad slider is bad... 

On 4/28/2018 at 7:57 AM, Drimzi said:

You can use a script to test 360 degree turns without human error.

Anyway, it looks like ur results are wrong from a glance as I know for a fact that source/quake sensitivity is 25.25x higher than Fortnite.

In your case, 0.01 should return 0.2525 for aim hero and csgo.

Could you recommend a script for measuring 360 degree turns please

On 5/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Correct, Y is 70% of the X sensitivity.

It's no wonder my aim is noticeably worse in this game than others, lol. The viewspeed cm/360 feels too slow because the FOV is so low, Y sens lower than X and since viewspeed is too slow feeling on hipfire (if I match CSGO to fortnite) I kept my cm/360 the same as csgo which feels too fast, I flick to the wrong spots on my monitor. Then there's the fact that the default crosshair is total shit and there's no hold to crouch option....jesus. 

Edited by Fiddlywiddly
4 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, if you have it there it's just from the old version. It doesn't work.

Hey, I think I've found a reliable way to get a consistent number from the Fortnite slider. Basically you slide it all the way as far as you possibly can to the left, and then use the arrow keys to move the slider to the right. This way it moves exactly 1 tick each time you press the arrow key. I think if you reconfigured the calculator's default parameters using this method it could have a better result that is easier for people to replicate.

On 5/9/2018 at 7:08 PM, heybg2 said:

Hey, I think I've found a reliable way to get a consistent number from the Fortnite slider. Basically you slide it all the way as far as you possibly can to the left, and then use the arrow keys to move the slider to the right. This way it moves exactly 1 tick each time you press the arrow key. I think if you reconfigured the calculator's default parameters using this method it could have a better result that is easier for people to replicate.

Yeah, I have used this method for some time now.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, DPI Wizard said:

No, if you have it there it's just from the old version. It doesn't work.

I found a way to set exact mouse sensitivity, thanks to /u/Altimor for creating this program https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8i4g2v/release_clientsettingssav_editor/

Could you change the calculator output value to use value saved in ClientSettings.sav instead of those in game?

• Wizard
1 hour ago, KrystianoXPL said:

I found a way to set exact mouse sensitivity, thanks to /u/Altimor for creating this program https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8i4g2v/release_clientsettingssav_editor/

Could you change the calculator output value to use value saved in ClientSettings.sav instead of those in game?

Excellent! Added a "ClientSettings Editor Hipfire" option to Fortnite.