Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

30 minutes ago, Kilroy said:

Hey, so is this whole post also saying that it's impossible to have a single, perfect formula?

No formula will preserve everything.

• 0% will preserve the sensitivity.
  • 360° Distance will preserve rotation distance.

27 minutes ago, Kilroy said:

Regardless, I would appreciate if I could get the formula for the current viewspeed vertical setting that's being used in the calculator.

Viewspeed scales the circumference (cm/360°) using:

sin(hipFov * pi/360) / sin(zoomFov * pi/360)

2 hours ago, Kilroy said:

Hold on... how do you convert from 3d to 2d and vice versa?

(360 * sin(fov * pi/360))/(pi * pixels) = degrees turned per count

360/(dpi * (360 * sin(fov * pi/360))/(pi * pixels)) = circumference

(360 * sin(fov * pi/360))/(pi * yaw * pixels) = sensitivity value

For 0% MDV, just replace sin with tan.

Edited by Drimzi
  • 1 month later...

I understand why 0mm is in theory the best way to convert sensitivities between different fov's. But i am just wondering at what level do people play that moved to 0mm play their games, casual/competitive/pro and did moving to 0mm really improve your game?

not so interesting long wall of text ;):

the main issue i have with 0mm is that moving from a higher (hipfire) fov to a lower (scoped) fov in a game, has the most impact on how we aim. Even after long periods of trying (months). The reason is that i feel that with aiming there are 3 ways to aim: aiming with the fingers, aiming with the wrist and aiming done by the arm. 

These 3 ways of aiming are working together with the way we grip the mouse (fingertip,claw,palm,hybrids) and the preferred style of aiming the user has. People tend to favour a type of aiming, high sensitivites mostly skip large arm movements and low sensitivities of course do need that.

now with 0mm every fov change in a game (like going from 103fov hipfire to a 20fov scope) will impact the way we have to use the way of aiming. This results in maybe the perfect conversion of sensitivity between fov's, but i have to relearn for every fov a different way of aiming -> so i get the feeling that 0mm in the same game for scopes is maybe less usefull than using a mm % that preserves the way we aim the most or the way of aim we prefer.

Personally i would like to preserve the way i have to aim, keep the finger/wrist/arm movements as close as possible within 1 game. I think 100mm, 75mm, 56.25 and viewspeed do all a better job at that than 0mm. Question here, is there a best way to calculate this?

1 hour ago, sammymanny said:

I understand why 0mm is in theory the best way to convert sensitivities between different fov's. But i am just wondering at what level do people play that moved to 0mm play their games, casual/competitive/pro and did moving to 0mm really improve your game?

not so interesting long wall of text ;):

the main issue i have with 0mm is that moving from a higher (hipfire) fov to a lower (scoped) fov in a game, has the most impact on how we aim. Even after long periods of trying (months). The reason is that i feel that with aiming there are 3 ways to aim: aiming with the fingers, aiming with the wrist and aiming done by the arm. 

These 3 ways of aiming are working together with the way we grip the mouse (fingertip,claw,palm,hybrids) and the preferred style of aiming the user has. People tend to favour a type of aiming, high sensitivites mostly skip large arm movements and low sensitivities of course do need that.

now with 0mm every fov change in a game (like going from 103fov hipfire to a 20fov scope) will impact the way we have to use the way of aiming. This results in maybe the perfect conversion of sensitivity between fov's, but i have to relearn for every fov a different way of aiming -> so i get the feeling that 0mm in the same game for scopes is maybe less usefull than using a mm % that preserves the way we aim the most or the way of aim we prefer.

Personally i would like to preserve the way i have to aim, keep the finger/wrist/arm movements as close as possible within 1 game. I think 100mm, 75mm, 56.25 and viewspeed do all a better job at that than 0mm. Question here, is there a best way to calculate this?

The issue is you move to a state where you're choosing an arbitrary value for all your sensitivities. You're then learning muscle memory for aiming at the crosshair for every different FOV. Which if you can deal with that and would rather move your arm roughly the same amount each time, then I guess it's okay. 0%mm is keeping the same muscle memory across the FOVs at the crosshair. It makes sense that if you move further in, you're going to have to move your arm more but crucially, it's the same 'more' amount as it was before for the size of the target.

IMO, if your sensitivity isn't ridiculously high or low it's still the way to go. Playing a wide range of games with 0% mm across them all gets you to use the right part of the kinetic chain from your shoulder to your fingertips correctly. Small adjustment, fingertip. Large adjustment, shoulder. etc... Over time it just becomes one fluid motion, but it's not instant, it's something you need to adapt to. If you want to train this, I'd recommend getting really good at OSU! with a low sensitivity, it's basically a fast paced sniper training game for 0% mmers and involves both small movements and large and helps train you to use your entire arm, shoulder wrist and fingertips 

• 2 months later...

Ok, I'm a bit confused. I always used viewspeed-vertical for my games. My dpi was 1400. I decided to change my WPS. I translate my game sens to match my desktop sens (by wps).
If I understood correctly, for perfect match, I need:
1. Set up my desktop WPS to 3/11 (for normal mouse speed on high DPI).
2. Calculate dpi for new WPS (so it will be 1550 for me).
3. Convert new desktop sens to game of my choice using monitor distance - Vertical 0% (I will use cs:go for example, so it will be  0.904289)
4. Now I can use to convert that sens to game of my choice using monitor distance - Vertical 0%.
For example Escape from tarkov.  Using monitor distance - Vertical 0%, aim down sight sens with FOV 73 Vdeg will be 0.181000 (so, only 0.18 ingame, close enough)

So, viewspeed-vertical is not the best choice? monitor distance - Vertical 0%. is better?
Basicly, it's still my old sens in EFT on viewspeed-vertical (0.20 with1400dpi)... am I doing something wrong?

I have 27' 16:9 monitor (if it's matter)

UPD: ow, almost forgot. There is no "Discrepancy %" for monitor distance - Vertical 0%

Edited by AIucardd
upd
On 5/27/2019 at 10:17 PM, AIucardd said:

Ok, I'm a bit confused. I always used viewspeed-vertical for my games. My dpi was 1400. I decided to change my WPS. I translate my game sens to match my desktop sens (by wps).
If I understood correctly, for perfect match, I need:
1. Set up my desktop WPS to 3/11 (for normal mouse speed on high DPI).
2. Calculate dpi for new WPS (so it will be 1550 for me).
3. Convert new desktop sens to game of my choice using monitor distance - Vertical 0% (I will use cs:go for example, so it will be  0.904289)
4. Now I can use to convert that sens to game of my choice using monitor distance - Vertical 0%.
For example Escape from tarkov.  Using monitor distance - Vertical 0%, aim down sight sens with FOV 73 Vdeg will be 0.181000 (so, only 0.18 ingame, close enough)

So, viewspeed-vertical is not the best choice? monitor distance - Vertical 0%. is better?
Basicly, it's still my old sens in EFT on viewspeed-vertical (0.20 with1400dpi)... am I doing something wrong?

I have 27' 16:9 monitor (if it's matter)

UPD: ow, almost forgot. There is no "Discrepancy %" for monitor distance - Vertical 0%

Once you've found your right WPS / DPI combo derived from your current settings, if you want to use 0% monitor distance vertical you can convert to every game straight from windows desktop in the calculator is the easiest option.

There's nothing inherently wrong with viewspeed vertical, if you're used to it It's just not reccomended as 'the best' I don't have time to do the calcualtions for you sorry but I can answer questions if that helps. :)

On 5/28/2019 at 12:33 AM, zlFrosT said:

Which is the conversion that you recommend the most? for Having a good precision and a good follow-up In addition to being able to maintain muscle memory

0% monitor distance vertical. Best for precision and muscle memory which is what you ask for.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to convert my apex settings to swbf2 and i think the conversion setup that i want is 360 distance for both hipfire and ads since its to preserve my muscles memory that i use the conversion system. What method should i use? What is wrong with method that i'm using? Is the result bellow correct?

Apex legends settings: 3 hipfire

1.0 multiplier

104 Fov

Swbf2 settings: GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.042517
                             GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityAll 1.032778 (I don't remember how i got that result)

70 Fov

1.PNG

Edited by Nameless