Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Wizard
35 minutes ago, stalkerbronet said:

Question about monitor distance coefficient

If the percentage is a set point on screen, when I move the mouse wouldn't the set point shift as well thus creating a new reference point for the monitor distance coefficient? 

Since your crosshair is fixed in the center of the monitor, the distance you match is the rotation to move an object at X monitor distance to the center.

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Since your crosshair is fixed in the center of the monitor, the distance you match is the rotation to move an object at X monitor distance to the center.

But for example when I move my crosshair to 25% distance, the old 50% is now at 25% from new crosshair position? or am I getting something wrong here?

• Wizard
2 hours ago, stalkerbronet said:

But for example when I move my crosshair to 25% distance, the old 50% is now at 25% from new crosshair position? or am I getting something wrong here?

Actually no, that's not how it works. 50% monitor distance is not twice the movement of 25%, and is why you can only match one specific percentage.

For example for a horizontal FOV of 100, 50% horizontal monitor distance is 30.79 degrees and 25% is 16.59 degrees.

12 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Actually no, that's not how it works. 50% monitor distance is not twice the movement of 25%, and is why you can only match one specific percentage.

For example for a horizontal FOV of 100, 50% horizontal monitor distance is 30.79 degrees and 25% is 16.59 degrees.

Oh then I misunderstood how it works, the image in OP led me to believe the % are consistent

Gonna try to understand again, now I regret I never tried college

• 3 months later...

Any suggestions if the converted sens is too high or too low to be viable in a specific game? I play KovaaKs and most other games on 103 Horizontal FOV and 34.6cm/360, but on something like CS that is a bit too high for me to use, since I play 5:4 though I can just convert with monitor distance and it's around 47cm or 48cm (?), which is viable, so I maintain a slow/stable enough sens for clearing angles and taking long range fights, while still retaining my microadjustments and not having to spend too long adjusting if I'm coming off of other games. But what about on Valorant then? Since it's locked 103fov and you can't play stretched, I would have to play 34.6cm in order to maintain my microadjustments, but for the same reasons as CS, 34.6cm is too high for me to comfortably use.

So I'm wondering if there is a certain percentage I can lower my sens by to retain my microadjustments the best I can, or something to that effect that will work better than just playing on an entirely new sensitivity? I have experience playing on a wide range of sensitivities and it's not a huge deal, but it's nice to have that little bit of extra precision, and having to spend less time warming up in order to play well. Any ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • Wizard
Just now, stalkerbronet said:

Can anyone explain to me what does aim at the crosshair mean? isn't all aim happens at the crosshair? when you move your mouse your crosshair moves along

It means moving your mouse so the crosshair either tracks a target or move to a specific object. I.e. if the object is at the edge of your monitor and you move your crosshair to it (so it's now in the center under your crosshair), you move 100% horizontal monitor distance.

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It means moving your mouse so the crosshair either tracks a target or move to a specific object. I.e. if the object is at the edge of your monitor and you move your crosshair to it (so it's now in the center under your crosshair), you move 100% horizontal monitor distance.

So the monitor distance coefficient multiplies this distance to try to match the movement to hipfire? am I getting this right?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, stalkerbronet said:

So the monitor distance coefficient multiplies this distance to try to match the movement to hipfire? am I getting this right?

It doesn't really multiply it, but keep it consistent yes. So in my example using MDH 100% to match sensitivity, an object at the edge of the monitor will always require the exact same mouse movement to aim at regardless of FOV, hipfire, ADS, scope etc.

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

It doesn't really multiply it, but keep it consistent yes. So in my example using MDH 100% to match sensitivity, an object at the edge of the monitor will always require the exact same mouse movement to aim at regardless of FOV, hipfire, ADS, scope etc.

But wouldn't it also require exact same mouse movement to do 360 too then? cause after you move to the edge(new center), your new center requires same amount of movement to the new edge? 

• Wizard

But wouldn't it also require exact same mouse movement to do 360 too then? cause after you move to the edge(new center), your new center requires same amount of movement to the new edge? 

No, the edge is defined by your FOV. If your FOV is 90, the edge 45 degrees away, so you move 45 degrees. If the FOV is 20, the edge is only 10 degrees away, and you only move 10 degrees. The 360 distance in this case is 4.5 higher for the 20 FOV than the 90. The math gets a bit more complicated when it's not edge FOV though.

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, the edge is defined by your FOV. If your FOV is 90, the edge 45 degrees away, so you move 45 degrees. If the FOV is 20, the edge is only 10 degrees away, and you only move 10 degrees. The 360 distance in this case is 4.5 higher for the 20 FOV than the 90. The math gets a bit more complicated when it's not edge FOV though.

I'm starting to get it a bit more but I'm still not getting why 0% is the best one, I've played with 1.33 coeff for years then swapped to 0% for a good half year, went back to 1.33 coeff and it feels way more intuitive

I figured I'd get used to 0% in a half year but it still feels unintuitive for me in modern warfare, especially with small maps that require a lot of snapping movement 

Should I just stick to 1.33 coeff?

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

If that feels more intuitive for you, definitely stick with it. There is not "best" method since we all have different preferences, 0% is just what a slight majority prefer. 

You mean majority on this site yes? cause from what I've seen majority of streamers for example use the default 1.33 setting, and I imagine majority of players also play with default 1.33 cause they don't really think about it 

• Wizard

You mean majority on this site yes? cause from what I've seen majority of streamers for example use the default 1.33 setting, and I imagine majority of players also play with default 1.33 cause they don't really think about it 

Based on polls and data from this site yes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Wizard
2 minutes ago, GSSAIKONE said:

I’m curious, if I use 6500 and 3/11 in wps, what actual value does it give me? There is no mouse dpi at 1625.

It is effectively the same as 1625, but what actually happens is that the cursor in Windows only moves for every 4th count it receives from the mouse.

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, GSSAIKONE said:

So can I safely say that it is not going to be accurate? If I use something like 1600 at 3/11 it is effectively 400 dpi so it is accurate. 6500 at 3/11 is 1625 so it isn’t going to be an accurate movement?

No, they are equally accurate, it is irrelevant that 1625 isn't an actual DPI setting for your mouse.

It's more of an issue if you use 5/11, since it will result in every fourth count being dropped, so it's in theory less consistent. But for most the mouse will only feel a bit slower than 6/11, you usually don't notice this drop.

Thank you for your reply. So to sum it up for 1:1 accuracy, and decent desktop speed. I use 6500 for mouse dpi, set windows settings 3/11 and it will turn out to be effectively 1625 dpi.

So for raw input games I just calculate 6500 * (number I need for my cm/360)

For non raw input games I just calculate 1625 * (number I need for my cm/360)

Please advise if I got this right.

• Wizard
51 minutes ago, GSSAIKONE said:

So for raw input games I just calculate 6500 * (number I need for my cm/360)

For non raw input games I just calculate 1625 * (number I need for my cm/360)

Please advise if I got this right.

Not quite sure what you mean by this, by "number I need for my cm/360" do you mean the sensitivity? If so this is wrong.

You shouldn't have to worry about this at all, just input the DPI (6500) and select the correct WPS whenever the field is enabled and everything else is automatic.

• 5 months later...

I had a question, If I'm using this method and I'm doing Windows / Desktop to Modern Warfare, would I put the sensitivity 2 option to 0 or 1.78/1.777778? as I'm on 16:9

Also, with the information out about the optimal DPI being 1600, and the guide talking about making the same DPI on everything for better muscle learning.

So, if my DPI that I got is 750 but I want the benefits of 1600, as well as keep 750 on all games and desktop, and so what I'm asking is what WPS should I go with, or would it be pointless since it would be getting rid of basically half of the data or something like that. Or would it not be possible to know without testing. Also lastly, does it even matter, like am I just worrying over needless about this and should just stick with 750 DPI without any meddling?
Thank you for reading,

Edited by MF_GAVIN
I discovered another area of concern for my aim