Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

What is the best way for Hipfire transition? 360 distance or 0% MM

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For FPP definitely 0% although I suppose it doesn't matter too much because most games allow you to use a fov of ~106 hfov so you should be using similar fovs in every game so there isn't much of a difference between the two. The one scenario I'd recommend 360 is TPP games with a fov locked at something low like 70 or 80 like some battle royale games like PUBG or Ring of Elysium.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 1:21 AM, Skidushe said:

I'd say 0% MM. If the FOV's are close enough your general spacial awareness for 180's etc... will be close enough I'd rather have the aim benefits from 0% at the crosshair

What if the FOV is different? The calculator shouldnt adjust it to the new FOV if i change the value or still would be different?

19 minutes ago, Beto said:

What if the FOV is different? The calculator shouldnt adjust it to the new FOV if i change the value or still would be different?

Yes, the calculator adjusts to the different FOVs. It's why it's there. The reason I said what I did is that if you have two very different FOVs for hipfire, say 130 vs 100 0% MM can feel weird for some people and they prefer 360 distance as their conversion method. I'd still go with 0% monitor distance matching but that's my preference for my setup and other peoples opinions vary

6 hours ago, Skidushe said:

Yes, the calculator adjusts to the different FOVs. It's why it's there. The reason I said what I did is that if you have two very different FOVs for hipfire, say 130 vs 100 0% MM can feel weird for some people and they prefer 360 distance as their conversion method. I'd still go with 0% monitor distance matching but that's my preference for my setup and other peoples opinions vary

So is changing FOV bad for muscle memory even though the calculator convert it?

Would you recommend to stay with the same FOV for approximately the same 360/cm distance on ADS with the 0% MM conversion or should i go with the max FOV for more vision instead but different cm per 360?

12 hours ago, Beto said:

So is changing FOV bad for muscle memory even though the calculator convert it?

Would you recommend to stay with the same FOV for approximately the same 360/cm distance on ADS with the 0% MM conversion or should i go with the max FOV for more vision instead but different cm per 360?

Changing FOV per se isn't bad for muscle memory, but it makes the experience of the game feel different which can throw you off. If you used 0% monitor matching your muscle memory at the crosshair would be right for any FOV, but it would feel weird having large differences between FOVs. If you used 360 distance it wouldn't feel weird but you wouldn't have good muscle memory.

There's a tradeoff so I guess it's mainly what kind of games you play but for most shooter games the entire point is accuracy and so for me 0% monitor distance match takes the cake every single time and I try set FOVs as close as possible between games. I find 103 degrees is the sweetspot for me. Any more and even if I can see more stuff everything gets so far away and distorted which is detrimental for aiming.

So in answer to your question, I'd recommend using around the same FOV on all games (doesn't have to be exact) and also use 0% monitor distance matching