Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Apex Legends

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone help me convert my valorant sensitivity of 0.4 800 dpi to apex legends 110 FOV sensitivity? If a similar solution was already provided in this thread let me know! Also I am having trouble with a correct ADS values. The calculator outputs 0.99ish but I feels different so I am not sure if I am using it correctly. Thank you guys so much! I play in 1080p if that matters. 

• Wizard
1 minute ago, MoltenFuzzy said:

Can someone help me convert my valorant sensitivity of 0.4 800 dpi to apex legends 110 FOV sensitivity? If a similar solution was already provided in this thread let me know! Also I am having trouble with a correct ADS values. The calculator outputs 0.99ish but I feels different so I am not sure if I am using it correctly. Thank you guys so much! I play in 1080p if that matters. 

What is your Scoped Sensitivity Multiplier in Valorant?

• Wizard
1 hour ago, myashtrees said:

some one can help me if im correct here..trying to convert apex ads sens to kovaak Zoom Sens Multiplier

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=8cb513983d4aae4722d92518a30862ee

also when go ads in kovaaks the  fov change from 90 to 51 according to this calculation..am i putting the right setting here..thanks

You should set the ADS FOV in Kovaak's to match the FOV of Apex ADShttps://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=7c82049e362a0c1d4c336ba5d56a96f2

45 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You should set the ADS FOV in Kovaak's to match the FOV of Apex ADShttps://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=7c82049e362a0c1d4c336ba5d56a96f2

it this right calculation for the hipfire fov to put in kovaak?

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5ddd916cb0c716e6f648824a27936c75

also i want to know the fov value for ads in apex if the hipfire fov value 1.55 in config

Edited by myashtrees
add topic
  • Wizard
44 minutes ago, myashtrees said:

it this right calculation for the hipfire fov to put in kovaak?

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5ddd916cb0c716e6f648824a27936c75

Wrong FOV type for Kovaak's, this is correct: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=7e5527d80ae5db8e563b664be6158de7

44 minutes ago, myashtrees said:

also i want to know the fov value for ads in apex if the hipfire fov value 1.55 in config

Just select the aim you want to know the FOV for and see the Actual HFOV in the output.

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, myashtrees said:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=57eb655ef6415b63233b71686757b888

in kovaak Zoom Sens Multiplier maximum number is 1 or equal to hipfire ..from this calculation  Zoom Sens Multiplier 2.3992988

am i doing right step here

Do hipfire first, then use the value you get from hipfire as Sensitivity 1 in the scope calculation.

11 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Do hipfire first, then use the value you get from hipfire as Sensitivity 1 in the scope calculation.

bro can u do the calculation for me to get the correct Zoom Sens Multiplier and the fov for kovaak.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=86270d91108f54096a3c33718313a95e

unsure if this is the correct one

Edited by myashtrees
add on

I've been doing a lot of almost exclusively hip fire training in Kovaak lately, with the hopes that it pays off in Apex Legends, but one thing I've seemed to notice is that I actually believe I am unbiasedly statistically speaking aiming worse in Apex. This leads me to believe that in some way shape or form my settings or my perception of these settings and how it translates to my aim is not lining up. 

Previously I was using a 0% MM with a hipfire setting of 2.0 resulting in a scoped sensitivity multiplier at every level of 1. 
Sometimes when using ADS or more drastically 2, 3, 4x scopes feeling really slow when tracking. However flicking with a 6x or 8x feels really okay. 

I was thinking the optimal thing to do would be to use what I believe in my brain to be a 1:1 sensitivity where no matter what the distance between two points visually on the screen is, it requires me to move my mouse across the pad the exact same distance. I thought this would be optimal for muscle memory, and that this would be in line with what most pros do. However I do notice that something feels off when using 1x scopes and trying to perform the same flicks that I would do when purely using hip fire. 

Recently I switched to 100% MM, where the exact distance I move the mouse seems to always be the exact same chord length fov/game world speaking. I can physically put two objects on the mouse pad and by dragging the mouse from the edge of object 1 to the edge of object 2 I can move the mouse the same distance with a 1x 2x 3x or whatever scope. I noticed a lot of people seem to say that a "1:1 ads/hip fire" has a multiplier of 1.25 to 1.3 and with my cl_fovScale "1.47142857143" for a 104 FOV this seems to come out with an ADS multiplier of 1.26 which seems about right. This also feels really good to my brain which practices all those flicks at hip fire, and then does seems to successfully manage to recreate them at ADS, 1x, and 2x zoom levels. One thing I notice here though is that at higher scope sensitivities like 4x, 6x, 8x, and 10x, I seem to lose absolute control over my mouse. Once again, I believe this is because mouse distance = chord length and the small mouse movement covers a much longer arc at this level of zoom. I'm no longer accurate or precise because a small mouse movement results in the reticule moving a large distance. 

So all that explained I'm basically here at a loss for what to do. Ideally I want to be able to practice hip fire, and build a somewhat accurate muscle memory profile at all ranges. I have fears that using MM at 100% while it feels comfortable at first, it's probably actually the worst thing to do for muscle memory, and while using MM at 0% seems like it should be the visually/mathematically accurate thing to do it feels weird and wrong at first. If MM at 0% is better in the long term for building a more accurate and consistent muscle memory profile I can certainly stick with it, and power through the weirdness, but it does leave me wondering... What to do the "pros" do? Am I over thinking this too much? Did I get anything above wrong? And Does anyone have any recommendations? I know perception and preference plays a huge factor in this, but ideally I want to do what is correct/better no matter how hard it is to do, and I want to make sure I'm not about to learn the wrong thing or bad habits that will only make things harder/worse for me in the long term. 

3 hours ago, BustyLoliChan said:

I've been doing a lot of almost exclusively hip fire training in Kovaak lately, with the hopes that it pays off in Apex Legends, but one thing I've seemed to notice is that I actually believe I am unbiasedly statistically speaking aiming worse in Apex. This leads me to believe that in some way shape or form my settings or my perception of these settings and how it translates to my aim is not lining up. 

Previously I was using a 0% MM with a hipfire setting of 2.0 resulting in a scoped sensitivity multiplier at every level of 1. 
Sometimes when using ADS or more drastically 2, 3, 4x scopes feeling really slow when tracking. However flicking with a 6x or 8x feels really okay. 

I was thinking the optimal thing to do would be to use what I believe in my brain to be a 1:1 sensitivity where no matter what the distance between two points visually on the screen is, it requires me to move my mouse across the pad the exact same distance. I thought this would be optimal for muscle memory, and that this would be in line with what most pros do. However I do notice that something feels off when using 1x scopes and trying to perform the same flicks that I would do when purely using hip fire. 

Recently I switched to 100% MM, where the exact distance I move the mouse seems to always be the exact same chord length fov/game world speaking. I can physically put two objects on the mouse pad and by dragging the mouse from the edge of object 1 to the edge of object 2 I can move the mouse the same distance with a 1x 2x 3x or whatever scope. I noticed a lot of people seem to say that a "1:1 ads/hip fire" has a multiplier of 1.25 to 1.3 and with my cl_fovScale "1.47142857143" for a 104 FOV this seems to come out with an ADS multiplier of 1.26 which seems about right. This also feels really good to my brain which practices all those flicks at hip fire, and then does seems to successfully manage to recreate them at ADS, 1x, and 2x zoom levels. One thing I notice here though is that at higher scope sensitivities like 4x, 6x, 8x, and 10x, I seem to lose absolute control over my mouse. Once again, I believe this is because mouse distance = chord length and the small mouse movement covers a much longer arc at this level of zoom. I'm no longer accurate or precise because a small mouse movement results in the reticule moving a large distance. 

So all that explained I'm basically here at a loss for what to do. Ideally I want to be able to practice hip fire, and build a somewhat accurate muscle memory profile at all ranges. I have fears that using MM at 100% while it feels comfortable at first, it's probably actually the worst thing to do for muscle memory, and while using MM at 0% seems like it should be the visually/mathematically accurate thing to do it feels weird and wrong at first. If MM at 0% is better in the long term for building a more accurate and consistent muscle memory profile I can certainly stick with it, and power through the weirdness, but it does leave me wondering... What to do the "pros" do? Am I over thinking this too much? Did I get anything above wrong? And Does anyone have any recommendations? I know perception and preference plays a huge factor in this, but ideally I want to do what is correct/better no matter how hard it is to do, and I want to make sure I'm not about to learn the wrong thing or bad habits that will only make things harder/worse for me in the long term. 

what those pros keep doing is image.png.520d71ec5790d92af9d165971ef042e6.png or 1.3 ads  

which is actually purely based on the distance image.png.9765b6b652063cc46854ecef767edd8f.png

unfortunately this is pretty inconsistent since it just ignores the  fov changes, trying to replicate the 360 distance and calling it "1:1"  is something that is actually very common with those who haven't actually done their research.

-> typically ends up wit them adamantly defending this method until they figure out that they aren't actually consistent just for them to either stumble up on this site or using a monitor seemingly random monitor distance value % .

pros aren't pros because of their settings, they are pros because they are either talented or have put in lots and lots of hours into a game and thus can adapt to horrible settings easily making it look "good " when in reality you'd likely  be better of sticking to 1.0 

image.png.7db8a9017e051f09cf9ec6d31724f678.png when you aren't using 0%(which gives you the same result for vertical and hor)  id suggest mentioning mdh or mdv depending on what you are using since the actual results can vary.

i am currently sticking to a 360 distance i like for hipfire 1.269000 @800cpi image.png.0e2fd85e1e31f64264c38240afba310c.png

(this gives you a round number in games like cod )

paired with 0% ads for most games that support 0% inputs like  siege, apex, cod  and i would consider myself the most consistent i have ever been which to be fair might as well be based on the fact that i have played fps games for a long time and i wouldn't actually say that a thing like muscle memory in the sense its being used in the gaming realm exists.

the more you switch sens ( 360 distance/fov ) the less it actually impacts you over time 

Are you good with trigonometry, Mr BLC?

Edit: wow ok I misread your post. I think you knew all this already, and it doesn't answer your question. sorry

TL;DR: you want to match the distance your reticle moves when you move your mouse, and not the amount of degrees you rotate when you move your mouse. This is "MDV 0%" or "MDH 0%"

Picture your monitor from above - a straight line representing the monitor's top edge. Now create an isosceles triangle with your monitor's top edge as the base. Look at the peak of your triangle - the inside angle of the peak is your FOV

image.png.05c96aedf587e295670b2f51c7ee9739.png

Try drawing the isosceles triangle with different FOV/angle values. Notice that at high FOVs, the triangle is short and fat, whereas with small FOVs, the triangle is tall and skinny.

image.png.8a9381d9e4875a71c76ce7ea03fbfd7b.png

Now imagine what happens to your triangle as you look from left to right in a video game - the triangle rotates around its peak, as if you impaled the peak with a stick and then spun the triangle around.

image.png.503cb740cc0ded9db2944ddf098011e3.png

Notice that if you rotate a large FOV triangle, the distance covered by its base (your monitor) is much smaller than that covered by a small FOV triangle:

image.png.7293e97a6178e8aaad8e5d8c5ebbad8c.png

Drawing is kinda shit so its hard to tell....

This makes sense intuitively - say a disc 1 foot in diameter makes a rotation once every minute. The outer edge is not moving very quickly. Now picture a disc 1 kilometer in diameter making a rotation every minute - the degrees per second (angular speed) is the same, but the distance covered by the outer edge is much, much faster for the larger disc.

This is what sensitivity is in video games: not the angular speed of rotation, but the speed of the outer edge. This is why you want your cm/360 to increase as your FOV drops - to match the distance your monitor covers per cm of mouse movement.

=======================================================================================================

The problem is, its not actually possible to match monitor distance precisely. Notice for your isosceles triangle, that the center of your monitor is closer to you than the edges are:

image.png.3b1c064efd21446ec90c5a1cf88e521e.png

This means the center of your screen actually moves much slower than the edges do at high FOVs.
This is not the case for low FOVs:

image.png.55e5eb9f2addf27122880793c63c17e2.png

That is, different parts of your screen have different sensitivities, and this sensitivity discrepancy changes at every FOV. Therefore, it is impossible to match your sensitivity across all FOVs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, while its impossible to perfectly match sensitivity, it is possible to match part of your sensitivity. What most people opt for, and what Fortunate Ree and I both recommend, is to match the sensitivity of your reticle across all sensitivities - the speed of your reticle will be the same at every zoom level. This is known as "MDV 0%" or "MDH 0%" (it takes the same amount of movement to move your screen 0% of the way vertically/horizontally).

Edited by KimiNoKataware
formatting
3 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

KimiNoKataware

Can u please explain what happens when we play stretched resolution? 

1637375377_justdont.thumb.png.c074fde32da3ba8dcaf5e0445853c6af.png

you take a pic(of a different aspect ratio ) scram it in a bigger space and tell it to fit by  stretching it to your actual aspect ratio messing with your perceived sens due to the different axis 

generally don't have to do that and not very advisable if you play more than one game and desire uniformity