Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

BEST Mouse? BEST Mouse Pad? NEW! RAZER VIPER

DNAMTE

On 11/3/2018 at 9:35 PM, DNAMTE said:

I ended up putting it to bed.

I really tried to like it, it wasn't for me unfortunately. it just felt too narrow for my liking and ultimately uncomfortable and unstable in comparison to the rival 310, which provides a really firm grip. The GPW skates could be better designed, they seemed to dig in more in comparison to the Rival 310 (on a softer pad 'ARTISAN ZERO 'soft'). I also found myself double clicking a lot, again it could be because the switches are more sensitive than what i'm used to....

I'm using the G pro HERO since the above post. I really like it to be honest. I'm using a different grip with it (compared to the rival 310), more of a claw grip, similar to how i held the G pro wireless, however the G pro HERO feels more comfortable to me, glides better and the clicks aren't as sensitive. At its widest point it's EXACTLY the same width as the Zowie FK1+.

It's really just a low, wider mouse, i like it. It's not as tiny as some reviewers make it out to be. For comparison the FK2 feels TINY in comparison when you actually hold it.

Oh bummer! What are your hand dimensions? My hands are like 10.5cm wide and the GPW feels okay width wise. The G403 is wider than both the GPW and the Rival 310. Oddly enough it doesn't feel a lot wider than the GPW. That said I think both are more or less the same width front to back whereas the Rival 310 seems to flare out wider towards the back as far as I can tell from pictures.

Interesting that you are using the G Pro hero. My friend has a G Pro and I have played with it a tiny bit before. I would definitely have to claw or fingertip grip that mouse.

When you were using the GPW did you find the liftoff and put down actions more clunky than other mice? That's the one thing where I truly feel the G403 is more solid when I compare the two is the action of lifting, moving, and putting the mouse down during big swipes is more clunky with the GPW than the G403. The G403 is also just plain old more comfortable to me. That said I can play with the GPW for a while before it becomes a bit uncomfortable overall.

One interesting thing I have noticed is that my new copy of my G403 seems to have really good stock feet compared to the model I got last year. I wonder if they have improved them.

The GPW mouse feet seem fine to me but I am using a Glorious PC Gaming Race XL mouse pad which is a cloth pad but fairly thin.

I need to find a way to try out the Rival 310 still. Although truth be told at this point I think I could main either the GPW or G403 just fine. I think realistically the main thing to do if I want to get better at any game is to just start grinding away.

you need to consider the actual design of your mouse skates as well if your using a softer pad like the ARTISAN 'soft'.

For example, larger skates will distribute pressure over a larger area, making the pad able to resist more downward force relative to how far the skates will 'dig' in. Some of the new mice come with skates that are really small and will do the exact opposite. Another factor with a really soft pad is the bottom of your mouse, if your skates are 1mm thick then you will understand as you play the bottom of the mouse will also rub on the pad more. If you have thicker skates, they will simply dig in more and create further resistance.

Again, all this really depends if you can always play with a light hand. I cant, so it's not for me.

A quick note on the GSR, the surface is really slick, it allows your hand to glide over the pad just as well as the mouse. A PLUS in my books. I hated the GSR originally (the very high static friction) however i started using my favorite 'cleaner' on it. Mr Sheen, it contains all kinds of chemicals that make things shiny and repel dust! You just spray a LITTLE on a microfiber cloth and wipe it over. You will instantly see it feels completely different, i actually use this on all my pads.

• 2 months later...

Little review on the cooler master MP510:

For me, this is the best mousepad I have used so far!

Start and stopping speed from accelerating/decelerating the mouse are the same (As rocket jump ninja already said in his Video. He was absolutly right)

The Mousepad is quit fast, nearly as fast as my Zowie GTFX.  Together it makes for maintaining max speed while still be able to decelerating quickly and mircoadjust without stutters.

At first the Surface feels very strange and rough to the skin, but you get used to it really fast. 

On top of it, my hand when getting sweaty doesnt stick to the surface at all. And for people who  like to drink infront of their PC...it's water proofed as well 😂

I only wish that the L size would be a bit bigger.

I highly recommend this Mousepad!!😊 (especially for people like me who have no chance of ordering one of the ARTISAN mousepad in our country^^)

Edited by WhoCares?

Funny how this works, before I switched to the Artisan Zero FX MID I was perfectly happy with my Razer Gigantus but now that I've used the Zero for ~2 months I'm starting to feel like I could go for an even faster pad. Before I switched I was actually worried I wouldn't be able to adjust since the Zero was noticeably faster than the Gigantus, however now that I've finally adjusted there's really no going back to be honest. I just pulled the Gigantus out of storage to try and man does it feel like dragging the mouse through mud, even with Hyperglides. I don't even wan't to get out the G-SR because that one was already slow when compared to the Gigantus...  I don't really regret it either since I do feel like I'm playing better with a faster pad, I think using a slower pad was kind of like a crutch for me and was actually holding me back so I'm honestly glad I finally made the change. 

I have a Hayate too that I haven't used too much because it makes a lot of noise when swiping but it is quite a bit faster so I suppose that's the next step. Otherwise the G-TFX, the DM pad or maybe even the MP510 could be interesting to try. I've actually been thinking of ways to objectify my findings so my impressions would be of better use to others as well, mousepads are becoming somewhat of a hobby of mine but it feels like a waste to keep buying pads just to try them out myself...

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my modded G pro wireless :D

You may ask why I did this...well I had a biking-injury and was stupide enough to not properly let it heal off. Now I have permantent capal-tunnel in my right hand pinky. In every day usage I doesn't me hinder at all and I don't even notice it, but when playing multiple days in a row with longer gaming session, it starts to hurt.  

I can only use mice that are extremly wide, or with a wrist for my pinky. Sadly the G pro wireless is offers of this, so I had to mod it !

Sure..its not super competitive now since it is un-balanced and a tiny bit heavyer, but at last I can use it :)

It's a great mod! Not the best execution I have done there, but it is doing ist Job :)

The right part was stolen from and old CM MM520 with a cracked cable.IMG_20190204_203347.thumb.jpg.c3b34037674da66298b2a8ad5a72a2ed.jpgIMG_20190204_204343.thumb.jpg.2914009ad7a7b7b8694174d68bbb7138.jpg

Edited by WhoCares?
  • 1 month later...

hah, it's funny because i've thought of sticking things to mice so many times to improve their grip. whatever works!

I've recently bought the hyper x fury s and hyper x fury s speed.

Interestingly the 'speed' variant is noticeably slower, however it's much smoother and 'flatter'. The standard 'fury s' has a slightly imperfect wavy foam whereas the 'speed' version is perfectly flat.

I also ordered another ARTISAN FX ZERO but in a 'medium' foam. ARTISAN build quality, materials and surface IMO, are second to none. I'm hoping this firmer foam will solve my original issue with it.

Edited by DNAMTE

So for the week or so i had the hyper x pads, my favorite was the Fury s 'speed'. Super smooth and decent surface.

However,
my ARTISAN NINJA FX ZERO 'med' turned up today, and is easily the best pad I've tested. The problems with the 'soft' version that i described on my original post are gone. This pad is easily my favorite>

Oh well, I now have a Dreammachines DM PAD XXL on the way. I made the mistake of pulling out my old Ulti-Mat Breathe X4 since I was missing the extra width that has (55cm) compared to the Artisan Zero and kind of fell in love with the format again, the problem is it's a lot stickier than the Zero so I figured I'd give the DM PAD a go since it's supposed to be quite fast while being really affordable too. The idea behind going with the deskpad version is that I'll turn it vertical and cut it/let it hang over the edges so I get a 60cm wide mouse surface which also has the added benefit of fixing another problem I have with my arm sticking to the table. I've always liked using my forearm as a pivot point but it has the unfortunate side-effect of severely hindering recoil control/downward mouse movement unless you have some cloth in between so I'm thinking this might work out quite nicely but will have to see how it ends up when i get it on Friday, if the tracking estimation is to be believed.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, iBerggman said:

Funny how this works, before I switched to the Artisan Zero FX MID I was perfectly happy with my Razer Gigantus but now that I've used the Zero for ~2 months I'm starting to feel like I could go for an even faster pad. Before I switched I was actually worried I wouldn't be able to adjust since the Zero was noticeably faster than the Gigantus, however now that I've finally adjusted there's really no going back to be honest. I just pulled the Gigantus out of storage to try and man does it feel like dragging the mouse through mud, even with Hyperglides. I don't even wan't to get out the G-SR because that one was already slow when compared to the Gigantus...  I don't really regret it either since I do feel like I'm playing better with a faster pad, I think using a slower pad was kind of like a crutch for me and was actually holding me back so I'm honestly glad I finally made the change. 

I have a Hayate too that I haven't used too much because it makes a lot of noise when swiping but it is quite a bit faster so I suppose that's the next step. Otherwise the G-TFX, the DM pad or maybe even the MP510 could be interesting to try. I've actually been thinking of ways to objectify my findings so my impressions would be of better use to others as well, mousepads are becoming somewhat of a hobby of mine but it feels like a waste to keep buying pads just to try them out myself...

I think it is really weird that alot of people dont notice the very big difference in vertical/horizontal speed of the mp510 (where vertical is noticable slower than horizontal). i think that if you dont notice that, mouse/pad choice doesnt matter at all ;) (jkjk ;) )

dreammachines pad is imho the best consistent fast cloth pad (without taking into account the artisan's )

Edited by sammymanny
On 9/22/2018 at 2:36 AM, DNAMTE said:

Got the Logitech G PRO Wireless to try out.

Thoughts so far after a few days, good shape and size (feels a little small but i'm used to the rival 310 shape right now). The feet seem very similar to the Steel Series Rival 600, they are very loud and have little initial friction, decent glide. For comparison the Rival 310 has a much smoother, almost silent glide, but more initial friction. Overall I feel the feet on this are better.

In my experience, as with mouse pads.... The more consistent you can make 'glide' feel, the better...  If you need to lower the overall 'slickness' of the glide to obtain less starting friction I'm all for it. It's like i explained with mouse pads, i feel manufactures could really spend time to look in to improving them, the slickest, smoothest surface does not necessarily give the smoothest, most consistent glide.

The buttons, scroll wheel and clicks, overall quality as usual from Logitech, feel great. This is also the lightest mouse i own, coupled with wireless... feels amazing.

Overall i'm really liking this mouse, i don't see any real negatives at this point, Great job Logitech!

PS: The side buttons are in a better location for me as well, my thumb sits right in between the buttons how i hold this mouse. The steel series 310 felt like the buttons are slightly too far forward for where i grip it (Steel series 600 was actually perfect).

Also as an update on the Rival 600, i had to return it as the Lift of distance was changing randomly, to the point i would lose tracking during a game. Also the shape was not perfect, i did not have a great solid hold with the mouse, mainly because of the right side and the lack of geometry.

I got the mamba wireless, it's kind of like a deathadder but completely wireless. It is a big heavy at 100g. The G Pro Wireless is the best mouse on the market, but it simply is far too small for people like me with ginormous hands (especially from a width perspective). I feel the deathadder is the most comfortable shape for wide/large hands and it has a wonderful shape in general.

I main the G403 for a long time and noticed it cramped my hands after extended use, it's a common downside for logitech mice IMO. If you have large hands, I high recommend the Mamba Wireless, the curves are little more subtle than the Deathadder, but the wireless is fantastic.

Again, I think the G Pro wireless is the best mouse on the market for most people, but if you have big hands (especially wide) I think it's too small. Until the come out with a large mouse as light as the G Pro wireless, I think the Mamba Wireless is the best wireless mouse for large hands.

It goes without saying, but wireless is a GAME CHANGER. I am aiming so much better than I ever have and it's because of the lack of cord drag.

3 hours ago, sammymanny said:

dreammachines pad is imho the best consistent fast cloth pad (without taking into account the artisan's )

Yeah the dreammachines pad is honestly really good even when compared to the Zero, It's actually a lot closer in speed than I had imagined. I wasn't exactly impressed at first because it did feel a little slow but I failed to take into account that I'd just put new hyperglides on my Intellimouse Pro and they still needed to be worn in so it's all good now, I'm thinking they must have changed something in the manufacturing process because I'm pretty sure the hyperglides I put on my G403 didn't noticeable change in glide after being worn in?

Now that I've used the pad (and mousefeet) over the weekend it does feel really good, In a way it almost feels faster than the Zero since the cloth is so much more smooth so you don't get as much "feedback" through the mouse, although I still think the Zero might be a hair faster. For a while I thought there was a bit of a difference in X and Y speed but I'm pretty sure it's just that the weave in the cloth makes it feel a bit more rough when swiping vertically, the Gigantus had the same thing iirc. I will say however that the smoother texture is really nice after using the Zero so I'm enjoying the change. It will be interesting to see how it fares over time though since that's were these smooth cloth type pads usually seem to fall short, even the G-SR and the Gigantus felt pretty good at first but quickly turned sticky whereas the Zero still feels close to brand new months later even with some dust buildup. I'll try to stick with it for a while and report back if the glide changes at all.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, DNAMTE said:

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/reservation-glorious-model-o-glossy-black

I've pre ordered one already, looks good to me! 

I certainly would support it over the finalmouse. I actually have a guy on reddit that is trying to make me a custom wireless deathadder at only 66grams. Final Mouse, Deathadder and Rival 600 are the only mice I would say are great for large wide hands. I think the EC-1 A also works for this purpose, but zowie tech is consistently outdated by their competitors. They do have great shapes, but I feel the ec-1 is inferior to the deathadder shape wise.

• 2 weeks later...

In honesty, the mouse that i picked up and instantly thought, wow, this feels good; zowie fk2, my first zowie. 

As it turned out it was too small and cramped my hand, resulting in me trying the other two sizes. I always wanted an fk1+ width with fk2 length. 

Its merely the geometry of the sides, the 'clamp' like grip that you get on that shape. 

I'm currently still using the g pro hero and occasionally the rival 310 finds itself back on the pad. The glorious mouse on paper looks like a winner, cant get it fast enough! 

• 2 months later...

Finally, A GLORIOUS day. Hands on this model o, feels fantastic so far, grips are on.

My favorite shape was the FK1, this feels very familiar, but better. I'll update when i have some hours with it!

GLORIOUS.jpg

Mind showing a picture of your mousepad being vertically? I have heard people of doing this to have more arm restin on pad while still having space to move your mouse on the pad as well. Just wonder since its a bit vertically.. doesnt it make the glide feel a bit different than if it was just normally on the desk?

Yea i have my pad vertical for the reasons you mentioned, lets my forearm sit on the pad with plenty of room above and below the mouse, I'm using the ARTISAN NINJA FX currently, the glide is equal on both axis. I'm using around 40cm 360 and have no issues running out of pad.

Some pads do have different glide, it would be advertised, most don't.

DSC_0714[7259].JPG

6 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

Yea i have my pad vertical for the reasons you mentioned, lets my forearm sit on the pad with plenty of room above and below the mouse, I'm using the ARTISAN NINJA FX currently, the glide is equal on both axis. I'm using around 40cm 360 and have no issues running out of pad.

Some pads do have different glide, it would be advertised, most don't.

DSC_0714[7259].JPG

Hmm, interesting you prefer the vertical height compared to the horizontal? I am kind of convinced there is no mouse the "fits" my annoying fat and large hands. I main the mamba wireless and it's still small short and not wide enough. I am thinking of picking up the Logitech MX518 as it's super wide and long. The best traditional shape for me is the Zowie EC-1, but the rest of its features (coating, clicks scroll wheel) are all just about worst in class, it's a damn shame that Zowie doesn't improve their mice quality because they know people love their shapes.

7 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

I agree about Zowie, i always loved the FK shape, i moved on because better sensors and buttons awaited! The Glorious O feels like a lighter, better FK1, feels great!

Yeah, I own an FK1+ as well and it's not wide enough for me, unfortunately.  So, I ruled out the Odin early, looks like a great mouse! Razer is announcing a super lightweight mouse today, if it's a Deathadder/Mamba I am going to buy it on the spot. Really only a small selection of mice are big enough for me, the EC-1, the Deathadder, the Intellimouse Pro and probably the MX518 from Logitech. There are a few that might be good too if they are wide enough like the Corsair Harpoon, or M65 but they are too heavy for me.

14 hours ago, Bryjoe said:

Yeah, I own an FK1+ as well and it's not wide enough for me, unfortunately.  So, I ruled out the Odin early, looks like a great mouse! Razer is announcing a super lightweight mouse today, if it's a Deathadder/Mamba I am going to buy it on the spot. Really only a small selection of mice are big enough for me, the EC-1, the Deathadder, the Intellimouse Pro and probably the MX518 from Logitech. There are a few that might be good too if they are wide enough like the Corsair Harpoon, or M65 but they are too heavy for me.

I think it depends how you grip, or how you're used to gripping. The fk1+ used to cramp my hand as well, i tried it out after the FK2 and FK1 gave me cramping issues. My hands are 10cm wide, i noticed people with larger hands using FK2's without issue. It's more about grip preference and letting your hand adjust to the shape i think. So far this mouse has not given me any cramps, it seems to have more support for the pinky where the FK did not.

Edited by DNAMTE

Currently using the HyperX Fury S pro speed edition pad and the g403, however after so much use of the g403 the mouse feet have completely worn off, so i ordered a rival 310 and logitech g305 wireless and am gonna try the artisan hien MID XL (wine red) with those two mice, Very good review/overview :D