Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Instructions

19 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

image.png.a1dd085c2733a7deec29666fce8d36e7.pngi forgot to set this tp the right fov ( doesnt impact overwatch but will if you want to change it to other games just put in 103 hdeg res in the setup then you should be safe no matter what

True. Thanks you just saved my life.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still confused. I want to convert my CS:GO zoom sensitivity to Valorant zoom sensitivity. My difficulties are regarding which option to choose on the "aim" field, both on the CS:GO input and on the Valorant input. For both games, there are many options for "zoom sensitivities" (such as Zoomed 1, Zoomed 2, etc), even though there's only one zoom multiplier value that the user can change in-game. If I don't select an option that includes a zoom sensitivity on the CS:GO aim field, I am not able to input my zoom sensitivity value. So, should I do the following?

CS:GO Aim Field: Zoomed 1: AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1, SCAR-20

Valorant Aim Field: 2.50X Operator, Marshal

Below are all the other required values for the calculations:

CS:GO inputs

Sensitivity: 1.1

Zoom Sensitivity: 1.2

DPI: 800

(Resolution: 1024x768)

(Monitor Size: 24)

(Aspect Ratio: 4:3 Stretched)

(FOV: 90)

(FOV Type: Hdeg 4:3)

(Raw Input: On)

Valorant Inputs:

Sensitivity: 0.346

DPI: 800

(Resolution: 1920x1080)

(Aspect Ratio: Native)

(Monitor Size: 24)

(FOV: 103)

(FOV Type: Hdeg Res)

Also, I have another question. Do zoom multipliers work in kind of the same way across all games? I saw this on a reddit thread, and though the formula might apply to other games as well: (Zoomed FOV / Normal FOV) * sensitivity * zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse

Thanks in advance

Edited by yne
  • Wizard
16 hours ago, yne said:

For both games, there are many options for "zoom sensitivities" (such as Zoomed 1, Zoomed 2, etc), even though there's only one zoom multiplier value that the user can change in-game.

The whole point of there being multiple zoom sensitivities is so that you can choose the one you prefer since the game only supports one zoom sensitivity. Since the scopes doesn't necessarily scale according to your preference they will require a different sensitivity to match your conversion.

16 hours ago, yne said:

If I don't select an option that includes a zoom sensitivity on the CS:GO aim field, I am not able to input my zoom sensitivity value.

When you select the "All" aim option the zoom sensitivity will be calculated based on the conversion setup. This way you can make sure that the setup matches your settings in the game. So in your case it should be something like this:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=6a58fad4b40a46624610aecfc92899a3

So for Valorant you have to choose which zoom sensitivity to use based on the weapon you want to be perfectly matched to your CSGO zoom.

16 hours ago, yne said:

Also, I have another question. Do zoom multipliers work in kind of the same way across all games?

No, not even close. Some games are the same, but there's a ton of different ways zoom multipliers work.

I kind of understand it know. So, if I want to match my CS:GO zoom sens to Valorant zoom sens, I'll have to choose one of the available zoom options (2.5x, 5x, etc). If I choose 2.5x, this would make the conversion between my CS:GO zoom sens value to the Valorant 2.5x zoom sens correct (in this case, Scoped Sensitivity Multiplier = 1.049 [2.50X - Operator, Marshal]), but the same cannot be said for the other Valorant zoom options. But my question is: Which zoom scaling is the calculator considering in the CS:GO aim input? The Zoomed 1, Zoomed 2, etc?

In addition, did you choose MDV 133% because its close to Viewspeed Horizontal?

• Wizard
21 minutes ago, yne said:

If I choose 2.5x, this would make the conversion between my CS:GO zoom sens value to the Valorant 2.5x zoom sens correct (in this case, Scoped Sensitivity Multiplier = 1.049 [2.50X - Operator, Marshal]), but the same cannot be said for the other Valorant zoom options.

Correct, the others will be slightly off, but as you can see by how close the numbers are they are all really close.

But my question is: Which zoom scaling is the calculator considering in the CS:GO aim input? The Zoomed 1, Zoomed 2, etc?

It was zoomed 1 for AWP, but I've updated the output to show all zoom levels now.

In addition, did you choose MDV 133% because its close to Viewspeed Horizontal?

CSGO scales the sensitivity to a 4:3 aspect ratio, so by setting the calculator to MDV 133.3333% (4/3) you will get the correct calculation regardless of your actual aspect ratio. In addition to this the scale is set to 120%, which is exactly the same as setting the zoom sensitivity to 1.2.

Cool! Thank you so much. I'm imagining you get these types of questions very often from people like me, so thanks for the patience with them. What you've done in this website is amazing, which is why I paid for the subscription in the first place. I appreciate the work and also the very fast replies!

btw, love the username. suits it very well

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, yne said:

Cool! Thank you so much. I'm imagining you get these types of questions very often from people like me, so thanks for the patience with them.

Questions like this is good, since it's easier to see what update is needed in the instructions to cover them. And what you are asking has been asked a lot, so an update is needed to explain this better :)

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the instructions Im still confused :P and Im awful with math, its there a calculator out there does the calculations based off of PC setup mouse type and game? Trying to get calculations for Planetside 2, can you change the config file? I have the standalone client and not Steam client and its not on my C drive whatsoever but gives the impression that it is despite looking at the file location just in case and nothing .

Edited by mdk1979
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about desktop speed. I recently decided I'd had enough of having too fast a cursor in Diablo ii. Now, this runs in 800x600, 4:3, black bars at sides, scaled up to fill the screen. I use 400 dpi normally at 1920 x 1080. Converting this using monitor distance horizontal outputs 170 dpi as what I should set it to, but using monitor distance vertical outputs 220 dpi. The latter feels closer to being right, with the former feeling too slow. Now it could just be that I need to adjust, but does the conversion for horizontal match moving between the black bars (800) to moving across 1920? and is this why using vertical feels truer? Since it's filling the screen, moving top to bottom - 600 at 220 dpi should feel the same as moving top to bottom 1080 400 dpi, right? Which it kind of does, but not quite - but 225 dpi feels much faster.  Also, does scaling 800x600 to fill the screen afffect the calc?

Sorry if any of this is like common sense :P

Edit: Actually I think it might be that I prefer the equivalent of 450dpi for 2D at that aspect and res - which is 250 dpi -  feels fast but not too fast. I think I was doing the calc correctly and it's just a comfort thing for that particular game. Weigh in if you want though - might be something I didn't factor in.

Edited by sc0zz
typos & .. stuff
10 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Drivers do not support steps in 10 even though you can do this for many of them. If you set it to 220 it would in fact be 200, and when you set it to 225 it would step up to 250, hence why it feels much faster.

200 seems like your best option here.

Thanks for the reply.

So would 260 step up to 300? Because 260 definitely feels faster than 250 - set in ghub. I settled for 250 - feels pretty good. You didn't answer my question about the horizontal or the scaling but that's OK, it doesn't really matter now since I can't imagine any other scenario where it would matter for me aside from this one.

• Wizard
1 minute ago, sc0zz said:

So would 260 step up to 300? Because 260 definitely feels faster than 250 - set in ghub. I settled for 250 - feels pretty good. You didn't answer my question about the horizontal or the scaling but that's OK, it doesn't really matter now since I can't imagine any other scenario where it would matter for me aside from this one.

Yes, it rounds up to the nearest 50 if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2019 at 5:13 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Q: How do I get hipfire and scope 1:1?
A: A 1:1 sensitivity match is only possible if the actual horizontal FOV is identical. If it's different, as it will be with ADS and scopes, you can only match one specific property between them. If you match 360 distance, aiming will be different. If you match MDH 0% tracking will be the same, but flicks and 360 distance will be different. If you match MDH 100%, tracking will be different as well as any other MDH percentage and of course 360 distance.

for the flick it mean matching 100%MDH is the best ?

il y a 5 minutes, DPI Wizard a dit :

It depends on what you want and what you are used to. A lot of games default to MDH 100%, but some might find it too fast for scopes so a lower value is more suitable.

but if i uderstand 100%MDH mean for the same mouse movement i will flick at the same place on my screen between each zoom level ?

Edited by G_e_n_o_s
  • Wizard
Just now, G_e_n_o_s said:

but if i uderstand 100%MDH mean for the same mouse movement i will flick at the same place on my screen ?

It's only the same for the movement to the edge of the monitor (i.e. MDH 100%). So any other movement, say half way between the crosshair and edge of monitor (MDH 50%), will be slightly different between scopes.

2 minutes ago, G_e_n_o_s said:

but if i uderstand 100%MDH mean for the same mouse movement i will flick at the same place on my screen ?

For me best way is matching hipfire from windows to game %0-300 and for scopes I think %0 is flawless. Because %100 feels so inaccurate when you zoom.

il y a 2 minutes, DPI Wizard a dit :

It's only the same for the movement to the edge of the monitor (i.e. MDH 100%). So any other movement, say half way between the crosshair and edge of monitor (MDH 50%), will be slightly different between scopes.

Basicly for new aimer wht's the advice ?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, G_e_n_o_s said:

Basicly for new aimer wht's the advice ?

MDV 0%, MDV 100%, MDV 133.3333% or MDH 100%. In that order they are from slow to fast, and are a mix of what games use by default. Try them all and see which one feels most natural to you. Most seem to prefer MDV 0%, so I would start there. If it's too slow on scopes, go up from there.

il y a 8 minutes, DPI Wizard a dit :

MDV 0%, MDV 100%, MDV 133.3333% or MDH 100%. In that order they are from slow to fast, and are a mix of what games use by default. Try them all and see which one feels most natural to you. Most seem to prefer MDV 0%, so I would start there. If it's too slow on scopes, go up from there.

Last question, what's the point of going above 100% ? like 133.3333 (is it better for muscle memory?)

9 minutes ago, G_e_n_o_s said:

Last question, what's the point of going above 100% ? like 133.3333 (is it better for muscle memory?)

133.3333 MDV equals %75 MDH on 16:9 ( I forget to mention this so I EDIT). going above %100 mdh for scopes just make your aim snappy and inaccurate. I don't know any player can control higher MDH than %100. So take mdh %100 your fastest point. Because anything more than this means you are out of your screen.

Edited by Pyroxia
il y a 1 minute, Pyroxia a dit :

133.3333 MDV equals %75 MDH. going above %100 mdh for scopes just make your aim snappy and inaccurate. I don't know any player can control higher MDH than %100. So take mdh %100 your fastest point. Because anything more than this means you are out of your screen.

thanks, do you know what is the best to build muscle memory ?

• Wizard
Just now, G_e_n_o_s said:

It just gives you a different sensitivity. For MDV, which matches the vertical axis, the point usually to match something that does not change with aspect ratio.

For instance the default match in CSGO is MDH 100% in 4:3 aspect ratio. This means that even in 16:9 it still matches the 4:3 portion of the monitor. So technically it's the same as MDH 75% in 16:9, but the issue is that this doesn't translate to other aspect ratios. For 16:10 it's MDH 83.33333% and for 43:18 it's 55.814%. However MDV 133.3333% with be correct for all these aspect ratios as it only matches the vertical axis and not the horizontal.

3 minutes ago, G_e_n_o_s said:

thanks, do you know what is the best to build muscle memory ?

For muscle memory people said %0 for scopes is best way. But muscle memory thing not work like bicycling for aim. You can play and adapt anything. I just recommend %0 for scopes because it matches ur hipfire speed to scope. Its the same sensitivity. When you zoom most of the time you need to have your enemy middle of your screen for land your shots. I just only recommend anything above than %0 only for valorant and cs go. Because in those games you just open your scope and flick to target.