Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Destiny 2

• Wizard
Just now, MattL4J said:

Then as of this point it is a matter of feel, but the value for overwatch is now higher than before for relative aim sens when it already felt too high.  Is there a way for me to test Monitor View Distance with a tool to make sure?  It might just be that destiny and overwatch as games feel different and i should use a different sens between the two, thanks again!

Can you show exactly what you are doing? That will help a lot and I can probably see what's going on.

24 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Can you show exactly what you are doing? That will help a lot and I can probably see what's going on.

I just went back and forth and tested between the two games, but I've played them both for years.  The way I snipe in Destiny uses larger flicks, whereas widow is small flicks with good crosshair placement.  Making large flicks in overwatch feels the same in terms of monitor distance as destiny, but that isnt the way I play widow.  Small flicks in overwatch feel too fast compared to small flicks in destiny.  The issue is on me I believe.  I used your second link and adjusted all the values for my setup.  1080p   25in   105 fov destiny vs 103 ow   800dpi 4 sens 8 mod

Edited by MattL4J
41 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

According to https://jscalc-blog.com/overwatch-zoom-sensitivity-calculator/
Matching monitor distance % changes the sens for relative aim...for a game like ow where smaller flicks are better than large, what would you recommend as a monitor match distance %

Edit: the sens at 20% monitor distance feels significantly better for ow, is there a tool for your calculator that allows me to adjust what distance I want to match

Edited by MattL4J
  • Wizard
4 minutes ago, MattL4J said:

According to https://jscalc-blog.com/overwatch-zoom-sensitivity-calculator/
Matching monitor distance % changes the sens for relative aim...for a game like ow where smaller flicks are better than large, what would you recommend as a monitor match distance %

It really depends on exactly where you want to match the sensitivity. The percentage is from 0% (which is the tracking speed) to a specific spot between the crosshair and the edge.

md1.jpg

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It really depends on exactly where you want to match the sensitivity. The percentage is from 0% (which is the tracking speed) to a specific spot between the crosshair and the edge.

md1.jpg

So I would use the calculator like that?  I would choose the horizontal match distance based on which game I am playing for ADS values based on how I want them matched...Valorant CS:GO and OW would be like 0-20% and for faster paced games like destiny and cod, i would use a higher monitor match percent?

sensss.PNG

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, MattL4J said:

So I would use the calculator like that?  I would choose the horizontal match distance based on which game I am playing for ADS values based on how I want them matched...Valorant CS:GO and OW would be like 0-20% and for faster paced games like destiny and cod, i would use a higher monitor match percent?

sensss.PNG

Correct. If you are comfortable with switching ADS sensitivity based on the gameplay that works. 

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Correct. If you are comfortable with switching ADS sensitivity based on the gameplay that works. 

Excellent, thank you so much for the time taken for responses, I'm sure you get this a ton of these simpler questions.  I'll be recommending this site to my (decently small) stream for people who are looking to fine tune sensitivity.  Have a great one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Wizard
30 minutes ago, Carlos Resurreccion said:

@DPI Wizard for some bizarre reason, Destiny 2 removed the ability to set decimal sensitivities... The calculator is telling me to use Look sens 6, ADS sense 9.1, but I can't do that anymore.

Actually they recently changed the scale from 0.5-1.5 to 5-15, I just forgot to remove the rounding. So it's the same as before, and I've updated the rounding now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 3:05 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Actually they recently changed the scale from 0.5-1.5 to 5-15, I just forgot to remove the rounding. So it's the same as before, and I've updated the rounding now.

Ok, I was woundering, is it possible to adjust calculator to specific zoom values (like calculated hipfire sensetivity in Trakov, when you set % of sensitivity reduction by armor)? 
I'll explain. So, here is how zoom in destiny 2 works: https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Zoom

Also, every gun in destiny 2 has a specific Zoom value: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d010a8155758983c63bfc75a28b724b2.png

My favorite gun is Redrix's Claymore (Broadsword). It does't have sight mod and has fixed zoom value "18". 
In destiny 2 tearms this means, that Nightshade has x1.7 zoom factor (default without scope mods) and Redrix has x1.8 Zoom.

BUT Nightshade has sight mods. it's means, if Zoom = Base zoom + Scope , than  Nightshade + Rifle Scope ST (0.9) = 1.7 + 0.9 = 2.6x. Nightshade + default scope = 1.7 + 0.4 = 2.1x etc.

Can u add this final value? for us to insert zoom value (we can search it in wiki and insert correct x."zoomvalue") to calculate ADS sens? 
I'm playing shooters long enough to adjust my sens by "feel", but your help will be welcome :-).

Hipfire calculation is perfect for me. If it's matter, I'm using monitor distance vertical 0%    100% scale (used it for all my games, so I got used to it, feels correct in all games. For me at least)

Edited by AIucardd
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, AIucardd said:

BUT Nightshade has sight mods. it's means, if Zoom = Base zoom + Scope , than  Nightshade + Rifle Scope ST (0.9) = 1.7 + 0.9 = 2.6x. Nightshade + default scope = 1.7 + 0.4 = 2.1x etc.

Are these values data mined from the game files or guesstimated by someone testing the different guns and mods? They don't quite line up with my findings, but are in the same ballpark.

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Are these values data mined from the game files or guesstimated by someone testing the different guns and mods? They don't quite line up with my findings, but are in the same ballpark.

Well, weapon hidden stats are probably datamined:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons?inverse=true&q=night
all values seems the same on all sites (DIM, Planet destiny, The wiki page https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Zoom)

Wiki probably took info about 16 zoom factor = x1.6 magnification this from https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/718fgc/detailed_zoom_testing_for_most_destiny_2_weapons/

So, I think, base weapon zoom (16,17, 21 etc.) are datamined
info about  some scope add +4 to zoom stat probably datamoined too.

Info about 16 zoom = x1.6; 21zoom= x2.1 probably tested.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Beyound light update brought "low_latency_mode" in game .xml files, and after update "mouse_smoothing_mode" for me was turned on by default.

I suggest go to AppData\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\ cvars.xml  and put = "0" after those options.
low_latency_mode in destiny 2 feels off right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

would it be possible to add some exotic weapons since they don't have random perks (except Hawkmoon)? Something like Thorn, Sturm or Ace of Spades?
My current problem is, that the two options we have (Red Dot and Iron Sight) don't match the FOV of Thorn/Sturm/Ace. According to my calculation the 3 named guns have a HFOV of roughly 72 degree and a VFOV of roughly 46.5 degree. If I want to get close values I either have to select Iron sight and lower the FOV Multiplier from 105 to 90 or select Red Dot and increase FOV multiplier from 105 to 143. The first method will lead to an ADS multliplier of 7 and the second one to 11 in my case, so this clearly can't be the right approach. I have checked the FOV of a couple hand cannons, they all seem to have the same values when ADS if they don't have perks like range finder, which increases the zoom and therefore lowers the FOV.

To explain what I am trying to achieve:

I'm playing both Valorant and Destiny 2. Hipfire sens is not a problem, I am using 2.800 DPI and sens of 0.094 in Valorant and sens of 1 in Destiny 2.
In Valorant I mainly use Phantom and ADS multiplier of 0.87 (given by this site when selecting "All" under "Aim"), but I basically never ADS in Valorant (except with Operator).
Same goes for Kovaaks, I can pratice with my hipfire sensitivity, but in as soon as I go into Destiny 2 I start to ADS 99% of the time and I would like to properly translate my Valorant/Kovaaks hipfire sense into Destiny 2 ADS sens when using a hand cannon without "Range Finder" perk.

I hope somebody can help me out :)

vor einer Stunde schrieb DPI Wizard:

How can I get these weapons? I don't play this game so I have basically zero progression.

These are quest weapons. If I remember correctly Sturm was included in the base game, Thorn and Ace of Spades became available with the Forsaken DLC.

Luckely I have a second account with Ace of Spades unlocked, you can use it if you want so you don't have to waste time/money on unlocking this weapons.

• Wizard
14 minutes ago, Rogex47 said:

Luckely I have a second account with Ace of Spades unlocked, you can use it if you want so you don't have to waste time/money on unlocking this weapons.

That would be great and won't take long. I think all weapons scale by a multiplier for both FOV and 360 distance.

• 3 weeks later...
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Razberry:

Anyone know how to adjust the ads sens between handcannon's with rangefinder and without? I potatoe every shot as soon as I use a regular handcannon?

From what I have tested rangefinder reduces the HFOV and VFOV by -10%.
I guess you can use the converter with top input being your normal FOV and bottom input with 90% of your regular FOV.

Haven't tried it myself, been avoiding rangefinder.

• 1 month later...