Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

A way to fix cm/360 for wrist players, also, a way to get scary good cm/360 as a wrist player.

How did I even think of beginning of writing this?

I found these lessons the hard way: I found out arm aiming was actually hindering my aiming, there is just too many conflicting movements of the hand, upper arm, lower arm and the shoulder, causing more overall inconsistent processing that the brain has to work on. Consistency Is huge for being able to act subconsciously when aiming, which the subconscious mind operates far quicker than the conscious side of it, overall being more accurate!  I found that arm aiming was slower than wrist, which is also important in overall speed of TTKT ( Time To Kill Target.) I also found that my elbows were constantly rubbing on the computer desk, or arm chair, and my shoulders would be sore after game session using arm aiming, change of technique in posture did not address this. 

Because of wrist aiming being naturally higher in sens of cm/360, I found out after this experiment that I was higher than the pro players in terms of cm/360, while being consistently good with my aiming. I play fps's like quake champions, cod, siege. I also found out with this experiment that my cm/360 was more than 8x faster than my arm aiming cm/360. 

Results of self-calibration of Ideal cm/360:
My CM/360 (Wrist) 2.802496
My CM/360 (ARM) 34.29

Fun fact, you need at least 400ms for TTKT speed so that the computer and the user does not wait on one another! 
https://lawsofux.com/doherty-threshold/
Arm aiming makes that ms delay longer, wrist aiming makes that ms delay quicker. 

1. How do you get scary good accurate cm/360 as a wrist player?
   A. You need information of how your hand works, which requires understanding of how the hand works, and awareness of that. 
       1aa. Your wrist swivels to the left and right.
       1ab. Both sides are not the same in terms of how far you can swivel the hand left and right. 
       1ac. Left side of wrist swivels less than the right side : this is a fact!
       1ad. There is a limit to how far you can swivel the wrist from both sides. 

B.How does this proceed into better system of aiming... 
       1ba. Because of 1ac, we can avoid excessive movements that lead into injury, and excessive movements that lead into wasteful movement on the screen. 
       1bb. Design how we aim so that we don't have to cause injury to swivel wrist past the point before it starts hurting. 
       1bc. If we were the devs, we could equate 2 axises of cm/360, one accounting for left swivel movement of wrist, and one accounting for right swivel movement of wrist. Or simply: (-CM/360, +CM/360)

C. How does this measurement work. 
        1ca. We use 3 reference points to start our measurement. 
                 1caa. We use the tip of the middle finger as the first reference because it is one of the symmetrical axis of our hand.
                 1cab. We use the base of the wrist as the second reference because it's the reference that shares the symmetrical axis of our hand
                 1cac. We measure the max distance to the left it starts to cause strain as the third reference because of 1ab, 1ac, 1ad, B.
                 1cad. Using math, we can discern the exact distance we travel from center resting position of hand, to as far as we can before straining happens. 
                 1cae. Use this tool to get 1cad's final measurement! https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/arc-length

1cb. Using math, We take measurement of 1cad's distance and convert it to cm/360 using this sites calculator upon desired game. 
                  1cba. We match cm/360 to hipfire. This makes for some insanely quick targeting!
                  1cbd. We use Jedi trick to have a dynamic "compromise between tracking (0% MM) and flicks (100% MM)."
                  1cbc. We maximize dpi as high as your mouse can go because we are going higher in sens, which helps with tracking! Bonus if your mouse is native across all dpi settings (HERO SENSOR FTW)
      D. Being better after all this, focus on improving energy, employ a rapid consistent frequency practice routine towards goals in mind., and reason with your aiming at the current time, and see what you can do to improve it.  
      E. Better QOL = BETTER AIM!
      F. STRETCH THAT DAMN WRIST AND ARMS! it helps with mobility!
      G. Water! it lubricates the wirst!

Hopefully this works in your journey towards aiming serenity. Let me know if this worked out for you!
-Trev, Chrometastic!

Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24322647/#:~:text=Results%3A Normal values for wrist,and 60 degrees of pronation.
               https://lawsofux.com/doherty-threshold/
             https://bmcmusculoskeletdisord.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12891-021-04495-z
             Jedi's mouse trick.

People wanted to see my config: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=896c9f00fa22b4c157c7bc0b0275f309

Reason we utilize high dpi in second row of settings is to lower pixel count, making for some of the best sub pixel tracking you will ever need!

Edited by Chrometastic
People wanted to see my settings
On 29/05/2022 at 16:47, stalkerbronet said:

Whole text is white and unreadable

works with darkmode on firefox

although the whole text is fundamentally flawed given that it follows the trope of having you stick to a single style of aiming (arm / wrist ) when in reality you will and should naturally mix it up and use the respective styles in their native ranges as to prevent injuries  long term due to over extension (of your wrist )

Edited by fortunate reee
11 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

works with darkmode on firefox

although the whole text is fundamentally flawed given that it follows the trope of having you stick to a single style of aiming (arm / wrist ) when in reality you will and should naturally mix it up and use the respective styles in their native ranges as to prevent injuries  long term due to over extension (of your wrist )

If you use your arm... 

Possible injuries can result: 
Shoulders (rotation of the arm)
Bicep 
Tricep
Elbow
Wrist 
Hand

If you use your wrist
Possible injuries can happen:

Wrist

I'm just reducing what can be injured at one given point... 

IRL example: 

Bending at the back, vs bending only with the knees. Bending at the back can cause injury to 33 vertebrae's 

Vs 

Bending at the knees can cause injury to the knee. 

I would take one point of failure than 33 points of failure. 

However, it does not help if you play 24hr+ of gaming and not take a break, so overall reduce amount of play time, stretch and drink water... 

18 hours ago, Chrometastic said:

If you use your arm... 

Possible injuries can result: 
Shoulders (rotation of the arm)
Bicep 
Tricep
Elbow
Wrist 
Hand

If you use your wrist
Possible injuries can happen:

Wrist

I'm just reducing what can be injured at one given point... 

IRL example: 

Bending at the back, vs bending only with the knees. Bending at the back can cause injury to 33 vertebrae's 

Vs 

Bending at the knees can cause injury to the knee. 

I would take one point of failure than 33 points of failure. 

However, it does not help if you play 24hr+ of gaming and not take a break, so overall reduce amount of play time, stretch and drink water... 

unfortunately you missed my point this shouldnt be about using arm or wrist aim.

its not about only using one aspect / muscle group exclusively its about mixing them up (while ideallly sitting properly but that is another thing ) within their ideal range of motion reducing your overall risk of injury. none of us is qualified to argue about health benefits of either so lets stay real here.

there also is acceleration which will allow you to not have to rely on methods as archaic as this one in order to reduce strain while still giving you the option to be precise using a mix of low and high sens and not having to strain your wrists as much while plaing

18 hours ago, Chrometastic said:

image.thumb.png.50fc8169d899af47cd1d9d16cc791380.png

there is a violet / purple button in that screenshot which will create a link you can share that will let others see and mimic your settings (although that one really doesnt show much if anything) 

Edited by fortunate reee
6 hours ago, Pherall said:

Im impressed you can hit anything with those settings! ;)

I sure can... 

Speed/percision is a direct correlation to mental spatial task difficulty, which requires the following 

Energy
Frequency
Vibration (incode and decode)

Having more energy for the task you are trying to accomplish, while practicing the task frequently, while also learning and applying things can make one improve at whatever the task demands it.  

Simply having less stress makes you aim better. 

The reasoning is very flawed, just fix your posture and general health and you won't get injured from 'gaming'. Just going to the gymn has higher risk of muscular injury lol, and thats considered healthy.

OP needs to watch this, fantastic overview of the anatomy and looking after yourself while finding a comfortable sensitivity that can be consistently performed under pressure and adrenalin (IE NOT 2cm 360's hahaha)

3 hours ago, Snook_ said:

The reasoning is very flawed, just fix your posture and general health and you won't get injured from 'gaming'. Just going to the gymn has higher risk of muscular injury lol, and thats considered healthy.

OP needs to watch this, fantastic overview of the anatomy and looking after yourself while finding a comfortable sensitivity that can be consistently performed under pressure and adrenalin (IE NOT 2cm 360's hahaha)

that video has alot of pseudo scientific stuff as well but the psa method 8as flawed as it is ) is still better than using that increadbly unreliable concept initially suggested

anything in the 30-60 cm range is seemingly reliable and can be used by the vast majority of users and that should be where the psa method (the video) gets you to 

7 hours ago, Snook_ said:

"The reasoning is very flawed, just fix your posture and general health and you won't get injured from 'gaming'"

Its not, there is science and scholarly articles that backs this up, ask your chiropractor, doctor, and psychologist on how you can improve your office life, they will all state the exact same thing im saying...  

"Just going to the gymn has higher risk of muscular injury lol"

So I'm supposed to not go to gyms and not exercise my muscles? if so I will be sure to have muscle atrophy... 

```and thats considered healthy.```

No shit... it is! and is proven to be more healthy than not exercising in the first place. 

Ideal cardio is one that slightly goes over your heartrate and breathing. That is how you get reflexes and strength  in weight training and in sports like football... You just don't just become a wide reciver by going slow off after the ball is tossed to the qb... You are supposed to be explosive in your sprinting... 

Same applies to gaming, flicks are just not viable with slower sens... Just work on yourself with slightly harder moderation... 

Yes, there is overuse and overstrain on one's muscles... thats why I perposed a RANGE of sensitivity,  that way you can adapt to your body's needs

Im not asking you to become an nfl wide reciver tommorow, Im asking to simply work harder and challenge yourself... 
That is all... 

• 2 weeks later...

I found that this works well. Probably the best way of finding a good high sensitivity. Here's mine: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=e364d4ee2c1a74f60fd985a288c738d6

Here's what I did:

1. Measure the length from the base of your wrist (which is below your palm) to the tip of your middle finger (which should be aligned with your forearm and the middle of your wrist). Mine is 18.5cm.
2. Grab your mouse like you normally would in-game and place it on top of a piece of paper.
3. Still gripping your mouse, grab a pen in your free hand and place it upright perpendicularly to the paper so that the tip is almost touching the surface.
4. Place the pen next to the tip of your middle finger and mark the position on the paper with a dot, noting the relative position of the pen to your middle finger.
5. Flick to the left as far as you can comfortably go with your wrist planted firmly.
6. Mark this new position on the paper, ensuring that the relative position between the pen and your middle finger is roughly the same.
7. Measure the length of the line that connects these two points that you have now marked on the paper. Mine was 11.2cm.
8. Take the length of the line on the paper as the chord length and the length from the base of your wrist to your middle finger as the radius.
9. Use these values and calculate the arclength, which you take as your new cm/360.

I imagine that this method only works if your mouse's sensor is capable of achieving an extremely high CPI natively, such as the GPX Superlight's Hero 25k Sensor (which is what I use). Here are some clips of me playing with this ridiculously high sensitivity and aiming really accurately on it: 

Edited by heckminth
grammar
4 hours ago, heckminth said:

I found that this works well. Probably the best way of finding a good high sensitivity. Here's mine: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=e364d4ee2c1a74f60fd985a288c738d6

Here's what I did:

1. Measure the length from the base of your wrist (which is below your palm) to the tip of your middle finger (which should be aligned with your forearm and the middle of your wrist). Mine is 18.5cm.
2. Grab your mouse like you normally would in-game and place it on top of a piece of paper.
3. Still gripping your mouse, grab a pen in your free hand and place it upright perpendicularly to the paper so that the tip is almost touching the surface.
4. Place the pen next to the tip of your middle finger and mark the position on the paper with a dot, noting the relative position of the pen to your middle finger.
5. Flick to the left as far as you can comfortably go with your wrist planted firmly.
6. Mark this new position on the paper, ensuring that the relative position between the pen and your middle finger is roughly the same.
7. Measure the length of the line that connects these two points that you have now marked on the paper. Mine was 11.2cm.
8. Take the length of the line on the paper as the chord length and the length from the base of your wrist to your middle finger as the radius.
9. Use these values and calculate the arclength, which you take as your new cm/360.

I imagine that this method only works if your mouse's sensor is capable of achieving an extremely high CPI natively, such as the GPX Superlight's Hero 25k Sensor (which is what I use). Here are some clips of me playing with this ridiculously high sensitivity and aiming really accurately on it: 

Yup! This is another alternative to what I am trying to express here, but it's how I like the feel... 

I would emphasize learning to track the targets first, then focus on the flicks... 

THAT"s how you get 80% better...

This is accurate to how I play!

It makes me happy that someone else is trying the uncharted territory!

10 minutes ago, Chrometastic said:

I would emphasize learning to track the targets first, then focus on the flicks... 

I can concur, my tracking feels really shaky right now. Not enough motor units are going off. The solution is to train at maximum effort (the greatest force) causing muscle recruitment to increase. I need to begin training slow motor units (tracking) at low speeds, then gradually higher speeds, before moving on to small flicks and finally large flicks. Here's my source: https://youtu.be/daLgIAZ3K0U