Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Monitor Distance - Dynamic is now live!

• Wizard

A new conversion method suggested by @TheNoobPolice is now integrated.

See the original post here.

What this method does is to scale the monitor distance based on a limit (i.e. max monitor distance troughout the scaling) and a power factor.

Power factor 0 means that the scaling is equal to the limit, and the higher the power factor, the more the scale moves towards 0% scaling. Sensible power factors are between 10% and 300%.

This method is ideal for those who find 0% to be too slow for more powerful scopes, but fine for ADS.

You can play around with this graph to visualize the scaling: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/yfn7lpyfbf

1 hour ago, KaJ said:

Just curious.  If I want my max MDV to be 100%. would I set the first value to 100% and the second to 200% (or higher if I wanted less deviation from 0% MDV)?

Correct. Just note that the monitor distance at the limit is the vertical

(edit.....and you totally did see that, which is why you said MDV. I'll try and read better in future.)

Edited by TheNoobPolice

I like this: I just wish there was an additonal feature alongside this method. 

For me, my max distance I can go with my mouse before my wrists can't go further/ start to feel pain / (percision cm/360) is 5.97339 cm/360. 

I use a method to get a 50/50 cm 360 by taking my maximum cm/360 and halfing it to get my 50/50, resulting in my final cm/360 being 2.986695 cm/360: 

Overwatch passes the test! but R6 fails the test

image.thumb.png.820a16fcd4e60675a3a709334fcb7df5.png

image.thumb.png.2a9cc80c9a8adc099479d8dc3e37aff8.png

For 360 distance for ads / hipfire for all games, it matches and conforms to that setting, but with scopes, it goes past my maximum cm/360, forcing me to use my arm to aim, which is not desirable, I can set it to 360  on the scopes, but games dont support such a high multiplier on the scopes. 

I wish this was an S curve for this, accounting for max cm/360, to 0, finding the 50/50 cm/360 and making an S so any scope is easy as hell. 

Such a struggle :(

This post explains why I wished this took in account your cm/360 distance. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, xiaofeng11378 said:

Hi mate, I really like your transfering mathod, but one thing I'm confused is, when I try to calculate this for COD19, what value of sensitivity2 should I fill in (default value was 1.333333)? Cheers@TheNoobPolice

1.33 in this case would be the default in cod that maches with having this setup in the calc

image.png.c63bf2785457b214be6ab8c99def0006.png

actually does not really matter what you enter there given that the site will give you numbers foreach scope & zoom level

23分鐘前,fortunate reee說:

1.33 in this case would be the default in cod that maches with having this setup in the calc

image.png.c63bf2785457b214be6ab8c99def0006.png

actually does not really matter what you enter there given that the site will give you numbers foreach scope & zoom level

Thanks mate, but in Monitor Distance Dynamic, diffierent zoom has different md%, would this coefficient affect the curve work? or we still fill in with 133% or nothing?

What Fortunate said is correct, it does not matter as the calculator works it out for you.

If you have 1.33 aka default coefficient set in game, it will scale the majority of the scopes slower, besides high zooms.

image.thumb.png.d3654e54200d1ff80da9ff2dc76659d0.png

and when set to 0, it will scale all faster (and increasingly so as you zoom in)

image.thumb.png.4e303282bb17bdbcf9886d4a754bdde7.png

But the net result is identical once you are zoomed in (technically, there may be a small difference when using "gradual" transition, because the sensitivity ramp during the animation will likely scale procedurally by the coefficient selected, only to be multiplied directly by the scope factor as a post-scale, which would not have the same transition shape as if you just had set the final monitor distance as coefficient to begin with. This is such a tiny detail though that occurs over such a short period of time I would not even consider it worth trying combinations of in-game coefficients vs scope multipliers)

Edited by TheNoobPolice
  • 1 month later...

There’s no “should” per se, but it sounds like you need to reduce both the limit and the power. Try 100 for both instead.

The whole idea of this is the low zooms start from 0% though, so if the very smallest zooms feel too slow, it’s probably an indication you just prefer a regular fixed monitor distance. 

48 minutes ago, TheNoobPolice said:

it’s probably an indication you just prefer a regular fixed monitor distance. 

historically i have been using a fixed monitor distance of 0% which hypothetically should make muscle memory more consistent but obviously too slow for the larger zooms, and in some cases too slow for even the small zooms. is there another fixed monitor distance percentage which others might suggest trying to see if that might work better for me?

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, TheNoobPolice said:

I don't play Valorant, but I only use MDD for in-game ADS / zoom scaling changes. I'd pretty much always set hipfire to 360 distance so my navigation feels familiar. 

Val is a lot more about holding angles though, so maybe the navigation is less important than the crosshair speed. I don't know, not my thing honestly.

Thanks a lot for answer.