Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

BEST Mouse? BEST Mouse Pad? NEW! RAZER VIPER

DNAMTE

On 6/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, YungTrapperZoj said:

Currently using the HyperX Fury S pro speed edition pad and the g403, however after so much use of the g403 the mouse feet have completely worn off, so i ordered a rival 310 and logitech g305 wireless and am gonna try the artisan hien MID XL (wine red) with those two mice, Very good review/overview :D

G-wolves are coming out with some very promising light-weight mice in the summer and early fall. They are a chinese company that clones shapes. They have an EC-1 clone coming in August, a wired version with a paracord at 68 grams and a wireless (with a slightly worse sensor) at 68 grams. Truly might be endgame territory if their QC is good.

29 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

G-wolves are coming out with some very promising light-weight mice in the summer and early fall. They are a chinese company that clones shapes. They have an EC-1 clone coming in August, a wired version with a paracord at 68 grams and a wireless (with a slightly worse sensor) at 68 grams. Truly might be endgame territory if their QC is good.

What sensors will they have? 

1 hour ago, YungTrapperZoj said:

What sensors will they have? 

The wired will have the 3360 (basically perfect) and the wireless will have the 3355 I think? They stated they used the lesser sensor in the wireless to increase battery life. Honestly, the difference between those sensors is probably basically nothing in game.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, YungTrapperZoj said:

Currently using the HyperX Fury S pro speed edition pad and the g403, however after so much use of the g403 the mouse feet have completely worn off, so i ordered a rival 310 and logitech g305 wireless and am gonna try the artisan hien MID XL (wine red) with those two mice, Very good review/overview :D

keep us updated on the hien! i'm tempted to try more of the artisan range as well.

AORUS AMP500

- First thoughts, fantastic base - perfectly smooth and flat, something only a select few of pads I've tested have achieved.

- texture is different, it feels like a pressure treated cloth, very fine weave but with a rougher texture 'stamped?' in to it. It feels fast, it feels controlled. I need to get some time with this pad but right now it feels great, time will tell!

PS: dimension wise, you think it will be too small ( 430mm x 370mm ), i actually run my artisan pad vertically so i can avoid the edge of the pad catching my arm, this pad is so thin ( 1.8mm ) that where you place the edge does not matter, add to that the edge is molded round, really great design.

The big logo is the only let down, if I'm perfectly honest i can't really feel it when gliding over it.

Image: ARTISAN ZERO FX vs AORUS AMP500

ZERO vs AMP500.jpg

Low sensitivity (CM/360), DPI>=400 with teflon feet, with these high static friction mouspads. (Ordered by highest static friction)

1. Zowie GSR (Highest Friction)

2. SS QCK

3. Roccat Kanga

If anyone has anything with more static friction mousepads, should post.

High sensitivity (CM/360), DPI<=400 Dpi with custom high friction mouse feet, Low friction, rough texture. (Ordered by highest compatibility)

1. Artisan Zero

2. Artisan Hien and/or clones (Zowie P-TFX) (Jelly Comb)

3. ?

Hard pads are too smooth, leading to high friction, even though offer same roughness as above mousepads, not good with high friction mouse feet.

• 3 weeks later...

Glorius Model o, best mouse I've ever used.

The shape, although similar to the zowie fk1, doesn't cramp my hands like an fk1. It's different, it's better. 

Fantastic cable, very light, high quality switches and quality skates. 

So, why did i just order a 'model o - '.... 

Looking at the dimensions, the only real difference is the SHORTER length. Height / width barely changes.

Comparing them both, the top 'hump' Shifts further back. I like that, you lose 1.5mm in height but may actually gain some support due to the peak of the mouse shifting back (think zowie za models). 

I'll update when i receive 👌 

• 2 weeks later...

Razer Viper, one Month later... + Tiger Arc 2 skates

Positives:

It's balance is perfect, great balance adds to how light a mouse can feel.

The chord is just as flexible as the model o (great chord!), but fits a bungee better, and, for whatever reason doesn't have the kinks that my model o still has. 

Overall the shape feels fantastic,  IMO the model o improved on the Zowie FK1 shape (one of the best), Razer Viper has improved the shape further.

Extremely light, feels very well built, very solid, no creaking or 'squishy sidewalls'. As a bonus the rubber grips on this mouse feel decent, just NOT AS GOOD as proper grips! (I cut my own using tennis over-grip, works great)

Negatives:

If I need to pick on something, I would say the M1 + M2 buttons aren't as 'clicky' as I'd prefer. This doesn't necessarily  mean it's a bad thing, i'm just used to crispy clicks! My CPS scores were consistently higher than the 'stiffer' clicks on the model o.

As a positive side note to these switches, no more de bounce problems down the track, something that plagues many.

The biggest issue on the mouse was the skates, out of the box mine came with 'sharp' edges, causing 'scratching' on pads like the Zowie GSR SE, they do wear in, but it takes time and a little persuasion (I went around the edge with the back of a pen to 'press' a bevel in).

I've recently installed the Tiger ARC 2 PTFE skates and would recommend you install these ASAP. They look well made with nice rounded edges and a very precise fit. Made from pure PTFE which generally 'polishes' up with use, giving a slicker glide once worn in!

Honestly I never thought I'd praise a Razer product as much as I am right now, out of the 17 mice i've been through over the last couple years I can genuinely say this is my favourite! 

Thanks for reading, look forward to hearing your experiences! 

Razer viper glorious o.jpg

tiger arc 2 viper skates installed.jpg

tiger arc 2 viper skates.jpg

razer viper grip.jpg

Edited by DNAMTE

Bit of an update on the AMP500. 

This pad is by far the best pad i've tried for tracking, its glide is second to none (i've not tested any hard pads), micro adjustment is very easy and you never get that 'stuck' feeling, the pad also has a decent amount of control.

Is it the perfect pad? no, probably never will be one. I still find it much easier to hit flick shots with a more controlled surface (ARTISAN ZERO). For now though this is my top pick.

6 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

Bit of an update on the AMP500. 

This pad is by far the best pad i've tried for tracking, its glide is second to none (i've not tested any hard pads), micro adjustment is very easy and you never get that 'stuck' feeling, the pad also has a decent amount of control.

Is it the perfect pad? no, probably never will be one. I still find it much easier to hit flick shots with a more controlled surface (ARTISAN ZERO). For now though this is my top pick.

I have the mad catz glide 38, it's like the AMP but full desk width. It's by far the best pad I have ever used, I have the CoolerMaster MP510, and the Zowie GS-R tracking and flicking is better on Mad Catz.

The new Viper looks awesome, still just not big enough for me. If they made a low-weight deathadder (which i'm sure they will) it would instantly be my new main.

Does anyone have any experience with how the Zowie G-TFX compares to the Artisans? I've been going back and forth between my Zero and Hayate Otsu and can't seem to settle on one, somehow the Otsu seems to have a bit more initial friction especially if you put a bit more weight on the mouse so I switch to the Zero until I start missing the otherwise faster glide of the Otsu and the circle repeats. I'm thinking something in between these two should be pretty close to perfect (for a month or so anyway ^^), I hear the G-TFX is supposedly a good alternative to the Artisans so it could be pretty spot on since I doubt it's any faster than these two.

12 hours ago, iBerggman said:

Does anyone have any experience with how the Zowie G-TFX compares to the Artisans? I've been going back and forth between my Zero and Hayate Otsu and can't seem to settle on one, somehow the Otsu seems to have a bit more initial friction especially if you put a bit more weight on the mouse so I switch to the Zero until I start missing the otherwise faster glide of the Otsu and the circle repeats. I'm thinking something in between these two should be pretty close to perfect (for a month or so anyway ^^), I hear the G-TFX is supposedly a good alternative to the Artisans so it could be pretty spot on since I doubt it's any faster than these two.

Never tried the GTFX. I have a similar problem with amp500 and artisan zero. I track better on the amp, more stable snap shots with the zero. 

On 8/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, DNAMTE said:

Never tried the GTFX. I have a similar problem with amp500 and artisan zero. I track better on the amp, more stable snap shots with the zero. 

Another purchase justified then, I suppose. ^^

If there was a pad close to how the G-SR feels when new that would be pretty close to what I'm looking for, fairly quick glide with pretty much no feedback, it's a shame the G-SR already turns sticky after a week or so.

I'm thinking hybrid plastic/cloth might not be the one either since the mix of plastic gives it a much rougher texture that makes the pad feel bumpy and uneven through the mouse which I personally don't like. I've only tried the one though so it's probably too early to judge. It seems no cloth pad will keep a low static friction for long though so in the end I probably have to sacrifice some smoothness. 

I've been meaning to try one of the newer hardpads as well, my first mousepad was a CM Storm HS-M battlepad or something like that so maybe I've been comparing all my pads to that. I don't like how easily they scratch and wear out mousefeet though so I'm not completely sold on it. I've been interested in giving the Helios a try for a while so I might just have to get both. 

11 hours ago, iBerggman said:

Another purchase justified then, I suppose. ^^

If there was a pad close to how the G-SR feels when new that would be pretty close to what I'm looking for, fairly quick glide with pretty much no feedback, it's a shame the G-SR already turns sticky after a week or so.

I'm thinking hybrid plastic/cloth might not be the one either since the mix of plastic gives it a much rougher texture that makes the pad feel bumpy and uneven through the mouse which I personally don't like. I've only tried the one though so it's probably too early to judge. It seems no cloth pad will keep a low static friction for long though so in the end I probably have to sacrifice some smoothness. 

I've been meaning to try one of the newer hardpads as well, my first mousepad was a CM Storm HS-M battlepad or something like that so maybe I've been comparing all my pads to that. I don't like how easily they scratch and wear out mousefeet though so I'm not completely sold on it. I've been interested in giving the Helios a try for a while so I might just have to get both. 

Looking forward to your thoughts :D. I feel like my hand will get stuck on a plastic pad, no where for moisture to go. Could be wrong though.

I don't want to resort to wearing a sleeve 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, wondering if I could get some advice on choosing a new mouse pad. Currently using a 90cm/40cm Kingston Hyper X pad (non stiched/older one) I play at a sensitivity of 28cm/360 which I know isn't all that low but I prefer having a larger pad, don't like the sensation of running out of mouse space. I was quite set on getting the Glide 38 but get one in Australia costs $120 whereas a Scabbard is only $69 and the Hyper X Fury S stiched (same as Shrouds?) is only $35 so it's very hard for me to justify the price jump of the Glide 38. I see the AMP500 is quite good but I'm worried about the size of the pad. What other pads would you recommend?

On 9/2/2019 at 4:40 AM, Eidolunter said:

Hey guys, wondering if I could get some advice on choosing a new mouse pad. Currently using a 90cm/40cm Kingston Hyper X pad (non stiched/older one) I play at a sensitivity of 28cm/360 which I know isn't all that low but I prefer having a larger pad, don't like the sensation of running out of mouse space. I was quite set on getting the Glide 38 but get one in Australia costs $120 whereas a Scabbard is only $69 and the Hyper X Fury S stiched (same as Shrouds?) is only $35 so it's very hard for me to justify the price jump of the Glide 38. I see the AMP500 is quite good but I'm worried about the size of the pad. What other pads would you recommend?

Glide 38 and AMP500 are simply the best combination of fast glide and decent control on the market. Most pros prefer control pads, however. The Glorious @WhoCares? mentioned is a slow control pad, probably paired best with a lightweight mouse. Hyper X Fury S is also a control pad, but a little faster than the Glorious. Honestly, can't go wrong with either. The best pad, theorectically, would be one with the least resistance (glide) but with stopping power equivalent to something like the Glorious, but that doesn't exist.

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2019 at 1:21 AM, DNAMTE said:

AORUS AMP500

- First thoughts, fantastic base - perfectly smooth and flat, something only a select few of pads I've tested have achieved.

- texture is different, it feels like a pressure treated cloth, very fine weave but with a rougher texture 'stamped?' in to it. It feels fast, it feels controlled. I need to get some time with this pad but right now it feels great, time will tell!

PS: dimension wise, you think it will be too small ( 430mm x 370mm ), i actually run my artisan pad vertically so i can avoid the edge of the pad catching my arm, this pad is so thin ( 1.8mm ) that where you place the edge does not matter, add to that the edge is molded round, really great design.

The big logo is the only let down, if I'm perfectly honest i can't really feel it when gliding over it.

Image: ARTISAN ZERO FX vs AORUS AMP500

ZERO vs AMP500.jpg

How's the AORUS AMP500 compare to the Glorious pad? I am thinking of switching to something different for my GPW which I am still rockin. Really interested in the G Wolves Skoll though.

• 1 month later...

Any news on the X-Raypad THOR ? @DNAMTE

Also does anyone know if there are any XXL hybrid mousepads?
I like to rest my arm on the whole desk but since my desk's coating is sticky the mousepad has to cover the desk until the edge otherwise my arm will get "stuck". So I need a min. hight of 45cm. The width can't be smaller than 50cm otherwise I have to life my mouse too often and feel comfortable.

• 5 months later...