Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Should I use viewspeed or monitor distance for muscle memory?

Experiment with the two and see which one fits your playstyle better. In games with dynamic fov's i find viewspeed v2 keeps the fluidity and speed of your aim intact when you zoom in and that matching screen distance slows me down significantly as my brain is still thinking of the hipfire fov. 

MM at 56.25% however is perfect for converting sensitivity across static fov's (so hipfire at fov A to hipfire at fov b).

Again this all depends on how fast the game is and on your playstyle. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 9:47 AM, Drimzi said:

The calculator uses a percentage of your width. If you had a square monitor, then 100% would be identical to 16:9's 56.25%.

Just to add, these are the equivalent values for other aspect ratios:

1:1 - 100%

5:4 - 80%

4:3 - 75%

16:10 - 62.5%

16:9 - 56.25%

21:9 - 42.1875%

32:9 - 28.125%

dude just realised I had a question for this; if I'm on a 1080p monitor but use 1280x1024 5:4 aspect ratio, would I still use 56.25% or would I use 80%?

Try using monitor matching and typing in 'auto' instead of a %.
This is a method I've figured out that works wonders for me converting sens between games.

You're basically matching your sens based on FOV. So if the FOV is 5% lower or higher in one game your sens will be adjusted to match your new FOV.
A lot of people are saying it's the same as 75% which Is strongly disagree with and it feels the best for me. Try it out since you're trying all these other ones as well.

12 hours ago, jabbothehut said:

dude just realised I had a question for this; if I'm on a 1080p monitor but use 1280x1024 5:4 aspect ratio, would I still use 56.25% or would I use 80%?

Haven't put too much thought into this, but pretty sure it will always be 80% for 5:4 no matter what your native resolution is. However if you are wondering about maintaining sensitivity between native 1080p and your custom resolution, then that is a matter of changing between 56.25% and 80%, and changing your CPI, which you can use my calculator here to convert CPI. Just note that cm/360 is expected to be different if stretching, as you would have to reduce CPI in order to preserve cursor speed, and thus lower CPI = longer distance to rotate a full 360. I haven't experimented too much with stretching, but the game sensitivity will probably still feel the same, minus the 180 degree flicks.

Edited by Drimzi
3 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Haven't put too much thought into this, but pretty sure it will always be 80% for 5:4 no matter what your native resolution is. However if you are wondering about maintaining sensitivity between native 1080p and your custom resolution, then that is a matter of changing between 56.25% and 80%, and changing your CPI, which you can use my calculator here to convert CPI. Just note that cm/360 is expected to be different if stretching, as you would have to reduce CPI in order to preserve cursor speed, and thus lower CPI = longer distance to rotate a full 360. I haven't experimented too much with stretching, but the game sensitivity will probably still feel the same, minus the 180 degree flicks.

Coolbeans! Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, Derpturtle said:

Try using monitor matching and typing in 'auto' instead of a %.
This is a method I've figured out that works wonders for me converting sens between games.

You're basically matching your sens based on FOV. So if the FOV is 5% lower or higher in one game your sens will be adjusted to match your new FOV.
A lot of people are saying it's the same as 75% which Is strongly disagree with and it feels the best for me. Try it out since you're trying all these other ones as well.

Absolutely not the same as 75%, 75% feels insanely faster on scopes in PUBG. Easy to see in calculator it's 20% slower at times using 'auto'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an old thread full of misconceptions and bad ideas. 0% will always be the only way to convert the sensitivity. Anything else is generating a new sensitivity that preserves a characteristic of the old sensitivity.

You got two viable options for consistency:

• Convert 0% from a single source to everything. One universal sensitivity. Low fov and high fov games will have different mousing for navigation.
  • Maintain a constant hipfire cm/360° for consistent navigation and convert 0% to ads/scopes (anything that changes the fov) to maintain the same sensitivity relative to the hipfire. You end up having a different sensitivity for each game, but it is muscle memory associated per game.
Edited by Drimzi

This is an old thread full of misconceptions and bad ideas. 0% will always be the only way to convert the sensitivity. Anything else is generating a new sensitivity that preserves a characteristic of the old sensitivity.

• Convert 0% from a single source to everything. One universal sensitivity. Low fov and high fov games will have different mousing for navigation.
  • Maintain a constant hipfire cm/360° for consistent navigation and convert 0% to ads/scopes (anything that changes the fov) to maintain the same sensitivity relative to the hipfire. You end up having a different sensitivity for each game, but it is muscle memory associated per game.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.... Nah but for real listen to this man. Tis the truth.

Maintain a constant hipfire cm/360° for consistent navigation and convert 0% to ads/scopes (anything that changes the fov) to maintain the same sensitivity relative to the hipfire. You end up having a different sensitivity for each game, but it is muscle memory associated per game.

Sometimes I play a game at default sensitivity because I can't be bothered to change it. It's different, but as long as the game converts ADS using 0% it at the very least feels consistent. Heck, some days I even change my DPI and play at a really high sens because I'm feeling too lazy to swing my arm around with my usual low sens.

• 4 weeks later...

I ave a question. If i want to convert my apex sens to battlefront 2. How should i set swbf2 fov to ave a perfect tranfer of sens. Is this possible? I tried manually but it seems like i'm not getting the exact result in 360 distance, no mater what fov i put in the calculator for swbf2. How can i do that?

I wouldn't mind changing my swbf2 fov to match the result since swbf2 is a casual g unlike Apex. Thats why i'm using 0% H conversion method.

Dpi: 400

Apex settings: 3 in game sens, 1 multiplier ads, 104 fov

2.PNG

Edited by Nameless
  • Wizard
6 hours ago, Nameless said:

I ave a question. If i want to convert my apex sens to battlefront 2. How should i set swbf2 fov to ave a perfect tranfer of sens. Is this possible? I tried manually but it seems like i'm not getting the exact result in 360 distance, no mater what fov i put in the calculator for swbf2. How can i do that?

I wouldn't mind changing my swbf2 fov to match the result since swbf2 is a casual g unlike Apex. Thats why i'm using 0% H conversion method.

Dpi: 400

Apex settings: 3 in game sens, 1 multiplier ads, 104 fov

Re-select the games as they aren't correctly selected in your screenshot :)

Also pay attention to the FOV Type if you are using the config file for Apex, it uses the config file multiplier by default. If you want to use you in-game FOV, set it to Hdeg 4:3.

To match the FOV in Battlefront 2, set the FOV Type for that game also to Hdeg 4:3 and enter the same value as in Apex. Then check the output for the Config FOV for Battlefront 2 to see what you need to configure to match the FOV.

10 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Re-select the games as they aren't correctly selected in your screenshot :)

Also pay attention to the FOV Type if you are using the config file for Apex, it uses the config file multiplier by default. If you want to use you in-game FOV, set it to Hdeg 4:3.

To match the FOV in Battlefront 2, set the FOV Type for that game also to Hdeg 4:3 and enter the same value as in Apex. Then check the output for the Config FOV for Battlefront 2 to see what you need to configure to match the FOV.

So for example @DPI Wizard, this is not correct?

hB1QKtU.png

But the below IS correct since I matched their FOV's?

II14WQN.png

Edited by Cody Low
  • Wizard
50 minutes ago, Cody Low said:

So for example @DPI Wizard, this is not correct?

But the below IS correct since I matched their FOV's?

Correct, the last one is the best way to convert. Ideally you should have set both to Hdeg 4:3, since that's what CSGO use as FOV Type, to avoid the small discrepancy in sensitivity due to lack of decimals in Vdeg (sensitivity should be 2.5 for both with the same FOV).

Both your screenshots are technically correct though, assuming your FOV in both games are configured exactly as stated in the "Config FOV" output for each of them.

Now i get 87.6591 as result for swbf2 vdeg4:3 converted to vdeg swbf2 fov which give 110 once in game. Idk if its because of the 3d person perspective of swbf2 that i get such a high result in fov but Its way to high. Did i did it correctly?

1.PNG

I think im gona go with this conversion instead, since i cant play swbf2 with 110 of in g fov and it still prety close in distance even if its not exactly the same sens. Unless u ave a better idea?

2.thumb.PNG.e02d458577dd5b96b95d7ba06fbd5ef6.PNG

3.PNG.ca6ce3148d7e05544ece7f0365a61a2a.PNG

Edited by Nameless
  • 6 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 11:57 PM, Drimzi said:

Drimzi,

So I know I'm am WAY OVERDUE to this thread but I wanted to ask specifically on this post. I have read all your other posts and I understand your point. Just a couple questions on this. So I play a slow sensitivity for hip fire where I can be accurate in games such as CSGO for hip fire but when converting from the hip fire at 0% the ADS values, of course from being based on the hip fire, are tremendously  slow and I can't track targets at all. Up to now I have been using the same game (siege) using monitor distance match at horizontal auto % match. I have converted my hip fire with 360 distance, but for my ADS I have been using a sens that I've grown comfortable with from Siege. It  gives me 36.0472 inches at the acog's 49.46 FOV (original FOV 83). This Sens is what I convert from for all ADS also at auto % match on monitor distance horizontal. This way I have attempted to maintain the original point you had where the sensitivity is universal as much as possible but where I can also use it since it's too slow basing it off of hip fire. Do you see issues with this? I ask you because you understand the math portion clearly more than I do and I want to know where this method of converting could go wrong. Also extra piece of information that is needed is siege is at 83 Vdeg (115 Hdeg Res) but most all of my other games are at 102 Hdeg Res.

There are two I play a lot that are 90 in TPP as well. Any advice on TPP from FPP? 

Thanks for the advice, 

Fish Gaming

• 9 months later...
Am 23.4.2018 um 04:05 schrieb Drimzi:

0% monitor match. Scaling by focal length.

@Drimzi

sorry to bother you but could you explain me what "scaling by focal length" means?

so when i want to convert my sens, in my case from csgo (4:3 stretched) to valorant (16:9 native), i just need to use "monitor distance - horizontal" with "0%" to get the best result, right?

could you please tell me if i did it right in the screenshots below or is there anything else i need to consider?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png