Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Battlefield 2042

5 hours ago, Baranox said:

Hey guys, just found this on stream. Hope it helps some of you! 

Why this game is so weird, controller setting effect mouse movement? No wonder why I feel something really wrong with my mouse but can't figure it out, most noticeable is when using sniper with 6x scope.

• Wizard
6 hours ago, philheath said:

i tested the hipfire with kovaaks sensitivity matcher and that was perfect, but using 1.25x scope it was not correct, it was going further away each cycle @DPI Wizard

after 20 cycles

There are some very small inconsistencies in how the game calculates zoom FOV. If that offset is after 20 cycles it misses by about a pixel per rotation, depending on your settings that might also be expected. Say one cycle is 9999.5 counts, but since you can't move 0.5 counts it will overshoot slightly by moving 10000 counts.

I'll try to fix work around the small inconsistency if possible.

• Wizard
8 hours ago, Baranox said:

Hey guys, just found this on stream. Hope it helps some of you! 

I tested it to be sure now, even with a controller connected, and the controller settings does absolutely nothing to the mouse sensitivity. As a test just set everything to max in the controller settings, and your mouse sensitivity should be terrible if it is affected. It didn't do squat here. Same with everything set to minimum, no change in the mouse sensitivity.

And USA is just a zoom scalar, which off is exactly the same as on and set to 100. It also does not affect anything but the scaling, it doesn't add acceleration, packet loss or anything like that.

If someone is experiencing a bad sensitivity input it might be related to the issues from the beta, maybe it's still present for some players?

Nooo, why do you have to crush my dreams of the weird sensitivity being fixed DPI Wizard :(

I can't put my finger on it, but something with aim sensitivity feels off. Like I have to put conscious effort into not overshooting. Same with tracking, I have a lot of trouble staying on target.
In BF4 or MW2019 I just put my settings, play the game, and everything feels fine. But in this game it's like I have to relearn how to aim.
Hipfire sens seems fine though.

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Maunikrip said:

Nooo, why do you have to crush my dreams of the weird sensitivity being fixed DPI Wizard :(

I can't put my finger on it, but something with aim sensitivity feels off. Like I have to put conscious effort into not overshooting. Same with tracking, I have a lot of trouble staying on target.
In BF4 or MW2019 I just put my settings, play the game, and everything feels fine. But in this game it's like I have to relearn how to aim.
Hipfire sens seems fine though.

Have you tried a tool like Kovaaks Sensitivity Matcher or scripts moving the mouse? If it isn't consistent using this there's definitely something wrong, as they should be spot on.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:59 PM, KODa said:

I wonder what the command 

GstInput.SmoothZoomInputSensitivity 1

does in the settings file? Possibly the transition of the sensitivity while zooming in?

So the game has two functions which calculate ADS sensitivity transitions, which are completely separate objects.

They are selected by Uniform Soldier Aiming ON / OFF, and with Zoom Transition Smoothing ON/OFF - which is the setting you see there.

The USA feature is a procedural calculation and continually calculates the sensitivity each frame through the function. This means that if you graphed the transition between the start and ends values, you would have a curved transition. The option above would therefore have no effect (I don't believe it is even selectable) because the function itself smooths out the transition.

when USA is OFF, the sens is pre-calculated and stored in a variable. In this mode you can select the zoom transition smoothing feature. With this off the sens immediately drops to the target value which has the "old school Battlefield" feel. WIth this on, it gradually scales the sensitivity transition over the selected scope ADS animation duration in a linear fashion. if you graphed the sensitivity transition here, you would have a straight line for the transition.

As such as the difference between USA On and OFF with transition smoothing is simply a curved vs a linear transition between the start and end sensitivities, and that USA ON gives you a variable coefficient to modify the monitor distance directly. You could still achieve any monitor distance with USA off and a linear transition, you would just need to use the individual scope sliders a little bit.

Edited by TheNoobPolice
  • Wizard
Just now, Scotty-9891 said:

So how can I make all scope sensitivity feel like hipfire?

"Feel like hipfire" is subjective to what you want. The USA setting gives you full control over how all the scopes scale, from 0% which keeps the same tracking speed all the way to 300% which is the same movement to 3x the vertical FOV for every scope. USA off is the same as USA on and set to 100, which will scale the scopes directly to your vertical FOV, meaning half the FOV is twice the 360 distance.

PS, this is all mentioned before in this thread.

6 minutes ago, AimbotAimy said:

Dice is looking into something feeling off with ADS <----- whether the fix works or not dice seems to be semi aware there could be a problem and is looking into it.

another potiential thing to be worried about is weird feels when using high polling rate (no idea if its true but dice is also looking into it) chrome_4H9R3abh2Z.png.37ad088588b9b7ed15ad06e2579a2145.png

Man I thought I was going crazy, ADS sensitivity feels so off. I tried to use a sniper and it felt slower than hipfire.

1 hour ago, AimbotAimy said:

I think your sinper issue is related to USA and nothing to do with the possible bugs mentioned.

Oh interesting, according to the converter I should put USA coeff to 0. What would you recommend then?

If I set Soldier Zoom Aim Sensitivity to 150% instead of 100%, it matches my sensitivity while ADS. So weird, not sure how?

Edited by Akhoris
4 hours ago, AimbotAimy said:

another potiential thing to be worried about is weird feels when using high polling rate (no idea if its true but dice is also looking into it) 

BF games have previously dropped occasional packets at 8khz and other polling rates above 1khz, if that's what people are saying is a bug with mouse input then that would be nothing new. Most games don't prioritise that.

But then also, anyone using 8khz is pretty much just meme'ing themselves - "what can I do to give myself potentially massive headaches and uncertainty for no tangible benefit whatsoever"

Add me to the camp of people where BFV's aimed sensitivity feels so much smoother than this games. I'm able to instantly snap onto people in that game and track targets no problem. But in 2042 it feels close, but off JUST enough to where fast tracking or clean flick shots doesn't feel right. Hipfire sense feels perfect, but ADs feels off and I can't figure out what exactly it is. Which is a shame, as the aiming experience is a huge impact on my enjoyment of games.

And my sense shouldn't even be that complicated either. In BFV it's 0.010500 with a coefficient of 1.33, USA on, and everything else set to 1 (1.25, 1.5, all the way up to 10.0 is set to 1.) Both have the same FOV in config. 2042 hipfire is 0.020475, and same 1.33 coefficient and set everything else to 1. Maybe the way the game calculates that 1 for aim sens for the modifier is different?

Edited by AndrewPast

It is such a bad quality control from DICE, if you ask me! Not to have basic settings/controls working correctly and smooth from launch! I don't get why they just didn't copy pasted settings from recent BF games, when that works just fine in those!? Its like one of the most important aspect of a game, prober working controls!!!🤔😧😕🙃

Edited by RepsakXD
  • Wizard
12 minutes ago, philheath said:

seems the game doesnt scale 360cm from hipfire to ads when you change fov and have uniform soldier aiming OFF, i think thats what everyone is crying about?

Correct, with ADS FOV on and USA off the ADS 360 distance stays the same when you change FOV instead of scaling with the FOV.
I said earlier that USA off is the same as USA on set to 100, but this is actually only true when ADS FOV is off, or if it's on and the FOV is 55.

However the calculator accounts for all of this weird behavior.

So, I just lowered the report rate from 1000 to 500 and had much more consistent results without touching anything else for my sensitivity compared to what I posted earlier. It's late as shit and only played one game like that but I did MUCH better. Could be placebo of one good game, but it felt better for that one at least.

Just now, AndrewPast said:

So, I just lowered the report rate from 1000 to 500 and had much more consistent results without touching anything else for my sensitivity compared to what I posted earlier. It's late as shit and only played one game like that but I did MUCH better. Could be placebo of one good game, but it felt better for that one at least.

that tends to be a somewhat common occurance, there have been and still are games that dont work that well with higher polling

57 minutes ago, AndrewPast said:

"Feels much more consistent" really means nothing in mouse input. It's either turning a certain distance or it isn't.

If you get up bright and early, have a ton of coffee and set your sens purely by preference, then a month later played another game with the exact same FOV and turning mechanics, but you had just worked all day and had two beers, purely of your own accord you would choose different values.

If devs listened to "feels" for mouse input, then there would be a ton of people saying it is too slow, another ton of people saying it is too fast, and a load of people just saying it is "off". All of which would just be disregarded as junk data.

That's why this site is so useful for gaming communities, because it creates a source of truth for what's going on without people have to use tape measures or rely on "feels".

I know this doesn't affect like 99% of people but I'm the 1% that likes raw mouse input off and it's broken in this game. My mouse loses input/skips/lags. Then it automatically turns itself back on between matches or so it seems.

Edited by grd0