Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Battlefield 2042

• Wizard
4 hours ago, AimbotAimy said:

Dice identified issues with aiming in 2042 related to settings and are gonna deploy a fix on update 3 in early December 

I'm guessing this in relation to when ADS FOV is On and USA is Off the scopes do not scale properly when changing FOV (their 360 distance is fixed rather than being scaled to MDV 100%), and probably the bug with the 2.5X scope using the wrong FOV for the sensitivity calculation compared to what it actually is.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

when ADS FOV is On and USA is Off

Oddly enough, part of the 'fix' for these issues is to turn USA off....

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the transition of sensitivity during the FOV transition. I know there's an option now, to either transition FOV and sensitivity in sync with each other (like USA usually is), or to change sensitivity instantly at the end of the FOV transition (like USA=off does). Do you test the sensitivity during the transition @DPI Wizard? (I'm guessing yes)

I wish they'd just tell us what they found. I can't reproduce it and I've tried a bunch. DPI Wizard didn't catch it and that's rare and still can't reproduce it afterwards and that's just weird. Thousands of people who supposedly have this problem are probably seeing a placebo effect from copying their favourite streamers, but a few of those streamers have aim good enough to take them seriously. I'm very curious.

My only other theory is that it's a UI problem where the settings on screen don't make it into the config files and the reason we can't reproduce it is that we aren't using the menu because we know it's a broken mess hahah ... Anyway, maybe this is what dice means when they say settings "not properly applying". I guess we will find out in a month or so.

PS to anyone reading this, if you have special needs and are trying to bind keys/buttons/axes, and failing, it's not you, the game is broken. I can guide you through getting it working. You are welcome to @ me or PM me or whatever suits you. If you would rather figure it out solo, here's the TLDR: you need to edit the config files (game needs to be closed when you do this). Bind the key you want somewhere in the UI where it will allow it, and then copy values from that entry to the function you want. Tip: deleting all of the functions' entries from the config file will cause the game to use default bindings, and the entries will be re-created when you attempt to bind them. Hint: "axis" and "button" don't mean what they usually do, don't be misled by the names.

Edited by CaptaPraelium
Speaking of the broken UI....
  • Wizard
29 minutes ago, CaptaPraelium said:

I wish they'd just tell us what they found. I can't reproduce it and I've tried a bunch. DPI Wizard didn't catch it and that's rare and still can't reproduce it afterwards and that's just weird.

Other than the oddity with ADS FOV on and USA off (and the 2.5x scope), everything is working as intended here. But that definitely doesn't mean it's working for everyone. It was very broken in the beta, and whatever they did to fix it might not have worked across the board. Hardware and specific settings might also be a factor.

48 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Other than the oddity with ADS FOV on and USA off (and the 2.5x scope), everything is working as intended here. But that definitely doesn't mean it's working for everyone. It was very broken in the beta, and whatever they did to fix it might not have worked across the board. Hardware and specific settings might also be a factor.

The issue is there are people playing with USA ON (as they should do) but saying there were issues with the mouse input and acceleration, and controller settings affecting input, when there wasn't ever. This isn't helpful, you don't have mouse accel appear out of nowhere unless it's packet loss, as you'd have to write a math function to do it. People end up wasting their time fixing a problem that doesn't even exist, and wasting devs time investigation stuff that doesn't need to be investigated, when lets face it - they have a whole shit ton of other stuff to do to fix this game.

The race condition / packet loss issue you observed in the beta was 100% fixed before launch.

Whenever a new shooter game comes out, the one thing you can always guarantee is "Sens feels off", and loads of snake oil "fixes" appearing on Youtube which are just a metaphor for "I haven't learned how to play the new game yet so am looking for something to blame as the erroneous factor absolutely CANNOT be me!"

There isn't even any "issue" with USA Off as far as the mouse input per se - it was requested by a designer to be the same sensitivity and not to scale like USA does. The engineer did what he was asked. You could still use the sens sliders to scale the sens to anything you wanted so nothing was ever "broken". This is obviously just a design choice - admittedly one that makes no sense, but there you go. I will ask again to see what the change is they mention (if it's anything at all) but I would also conclude the designer just realised the request was wack and they are putting it back to how BFV worked when USA is Off (which given that is just USA ON with no coefficient selection and therefore a totally redundant feature like it always was it should not even be in the game in the first place).

30 minutes ago, TheNoobPolice said:

The issue is there are people playing with USA ON (as they should do) but saying there were issues with the mouse input and acceleration, and controller settings affecting input, when there wasn't ever. This isn't helpful, you don't have mouse accel appear out of nowhere unless it's packet loss, as you'd have to write a math function to do it. People end up wasting their time fixing a problem that doesn't even exist, and wasting devs time investigation stuff that doesn't need to be investigated, when lets face it - they have a whole shit ton of other stuff to do to fix this game.

The race condition / packet loss issue you observed in the beta was 100% fixed before launch.

Whenever a new shooter game comes out, the one thing you can always guarantee is "Sens feels off", and loads of snake oil "fixes" appearing on Youtube which are just a metaphor for "I haven't learned how to play the new game yet so am looking for something to blame as the erroneous factor absolutely CANNOT be me!"

There isn't even any "issue" with USA Off as far as the mouse input per se - it was requested by a designer to be the same sensitivity and not to scale like USA does. The engineer did what he was asked. You could still use the sens sliders to scale the sens to anything you wanted so nothing was ever "broken". This is obviously just a design choice - admittedly one that makes no sense, but there you go. I will ask again to see what the change is they mention (if it's anything at all) but I would also conclude the designer just realised the request was wack and they are putting it back to how BFV worked when USA is Off (which given that is just USA ON with no coefficient selection and therefore a totally redundant feature like it always was it should not even be in the game in the first place).

Seems its just settings not being functional as dice stated they are not applying idk what it is personally but it clearly caused some issue that dice has noted either way it's not a waste and it's good dice is fixing issues even some as small as that.

7 minutes ago, AimbotAimy said:

Seems its just settings not being functional as dice stated they are not applying idk what it is personally but it clearly caused some issue that dice has noted either way it's not a waste and it's good dice is fixing issues even some as small as that.

You have to realise what is going on here though. There is literally no issue to be fixed. Anyone could turn on USA if they didn't like the sens with it off, select a monitor distance to scale to screen space, and /or change the soldier zoom sensitivity value if they wanted to scale it out of screen space. All those functions worked, which is all the functions anyone would ever need. USA off shouldn't even be a thing anyway.

This a question of placebo taking hold in the community, people becoming paranoid and the PR devs having to change something to calm down the shit storm.

Remember when BFV launched and there was a feature where when you killed an enemy you appeared on the minimap? It was publicly announced as a "bug" that was not intended.

image.png.d688ad4d011ce32ab43b049793cd8cb7.png

In actuality, it was a feature, once again requested by a designer, and added by the coders.

image.png.f8f47134d0e037a922d0e1a0cec9e681.png

It's a lot easier to say there is a "bug" than to say "the thing we designed makes no sense and everyone hates it" and always easier to blame the faceless coders

6 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

You have to realise what is going on here though. There is literally no issue to be fixed. Anyone could turn on USA if they didn't like the sens with it off, select a monitor distance to scale to screen space, and /or change the soldier zoom sensitivity value if they wanted to scale it out of screen space. All those functions worked, which is all the functions anyone would ever need. USA off shouldn't even be a thing anyway.

This a question of placebo taking hold in the community, people becoming paranoid and the PR devs having to change something to calm down the shit storm.

Remember when BFV launched and there was a feature where when you killed an enemy you appeared on the minimap? It was publicly announced as a "bug" that was not intended.

image.png.d688ad4d011ce32ab43b049793cd8cb7.png

In actuality, it was a feature, once again requested by a designer, and added by the coders.

image.png.f8f47134d0e037a922d0e1a0cec9e681.png

It's a lot easier to say there is a "bug" than to say "the thing we designed makes no sense and everyone hates it" and always easier to blame the faceless coders

We have no idea if its just the USA off that's just a broad assumption based on what dpi wizard found to be wrong in game? The bulk of everyone who complained about from my knowledge used USA 178 or 133. I personal use USA on at 0 coff cause I don't believe in USA beyond 0. I would love to see the patch notes when they drop or I wish drunkz would clarify on the fix more publicly. 

how do i get my pilot (helicopter pilot 1st first person) sensitivity ? the converted only seems to have tank sensitivity etc.

if someone could convert it for me or tell me how to do it step by step id appreciate it so much. im really bad at this type of shit.

thank u

34.97cm 360
0.036661 soldier sensitivity

84 fov

178 coefficient on 450 dpi

ADS FOV ON for soldier and vehicles

USA uniform soldier aim on for soldier and vehicles

Edited by mekerwun
  • Wizard
5 hours ago, mekerwun said:

how do i get my pilot (helicopter pilot 1st first person) sensitivity ? the converted only seems to have tank sensitivity etc.

if someone could convert it for me or tell me how to do it step by step id appreciate it so much. im really bad at this type of shit.

Helicopter and jet can't be added and calculated due to how the controls work. You're not really moving the mouse to turn around, so it can't be matched to anything.

• Wizard
8 minutes ago, tepidblack said:

Anyone know what I need to set to get ADS to feel like BF3? USA on at 178, 133, off completely, what am I doing here? I know already that BF3 has set sensitivity multipliers per zoom level I.E 0.75x for 1x, but that doesn’t seem to be the whole story.

It depends on your exact settings. For instance if your FOV in BF3 is 90, USA at 0 will be quite close for all aims except 1x.

The only way to accurately match BF3 is to go through each aim and find the closest matching aim(s) in BF2042 based on FOV and convert between them. USA on at 0 or 100 is probably best, then adjust each scope sensitivity according to the calculation.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

It depends on your exact settings. For instance if your FOV in BF3 is 90, USA at 0 will be quite close for all aims except 1x.

The only way to accurately match BF3 is to go through each aim and find the closest matching aim(s) in BF2042 based on FOV and convert between them. USA on at 0 or 100 is probably best, then adjust each scope sensitivity according to the calculation.

Yeesh, definitely a lot more work than the quick and easy 1:1 settings match I was hoping for! Thanks for the pointers :) 

57 minutes ago, tepidblack said:

Yeesh, definitely a lot more work than the quick and easy 1:1 settings match I was hoping for! Thanks for the pointers :) 

Turn off USA for the "BF3 feel," and disable zoom transition smoothing, this way the sens dumps down to the target value as soon as you click the ADS button, which was a feature of traditional Battlefield ADS gunplay.

For the actual sens to be the same feel, you would need to have the same hipfire FOV and also same zoom FOV. Since BF3 Kobra sight (I take it you weren't using anything else?!) has a fixed vertical FOV of 40 degrees, and a fixed multiplier of 0.5 to sensitivity, the only way to match this would be if you used a hipfire FOV in BF3 of 102.910363, and use the 2x scope in 2042 with USA Off and FOV Scaling ON, and tune the ADS multiplier accordingly. This gives the same FOV for both hip and ADS in both games.

Example when using 0.1 hip sens in BF3.

image.thumb.png.d220034c5b37c722e47b02b5c7ac11b6.png

Edited by TheNoobPolice

This is weird, just read all 5 pages of comments no one say a word about acceleration in vehicles. It is just me ? Now that i think about it, i only use tanks, but im not sure if its the same with the other vehicles, what im sure is that it's driving me crazy, the feeling when you move the mouse and the turret gets there like 1-2 seconds before is extremely frustrating. I'm using MDH 100%, ADS ON, USA OFF (Use that for high zoom scopes) and in game Mouse RawInput or whatever option OFF. Plz Wizard! Is just the way this is?

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, COMECOCO said:

This is weird, just read all 5 pages of comments no one say a word about acceleration in vehicles. It is just me ? Now that i think about it, i only use tanks, but im not sure if its the same with the other vehicles, what im sure is that it's driving me crazy, the feeling when you move the mouse and the turret gets there like 1-2 seconds before is extremely frustrating. I'm using MDH 100%, ADS ON, USA OFF (Use that for high zoom scopes) and in game Mouse RawInput or whatever option OFF. Plz Wizard! Is just the way this is?

Tanks are one thing, they have a max turning speed for the turret, so in effect it acts as negative acceleration if you move too fast. This is by design though, so you can't whip the turret around as fast as you want.

Transport vehicles in 3rd person are absolutely horrible for no reason though. You can't look up or down, and looking around is extremely slow (i.e. negative acceleration) and feels like moving through honey.

Nothing that can be done about this, other than Dice fixing it. 

Hey guys, new lifetime member here, so apologies for the noob questions...

I too cannot match my BFV hip fire and aim down sights (right mouse button) sensitivities with BF 2042. I have used the calculator, read all the instructions, this entire forum and am at a loss...

The hip fire sensitivity the calculator provides, matches my hip fire from BFV in 2042, but as soon as I aim down any sights i.e. iron sights or red dot, it slows down massively. The only way I have been able to get it anywhere close to feeling 1:1 with my hip fire sensitivity, is changing [Soldier Zoom Aim Sensitivity] to something along the lines of 153 (in-game), its still not right, but it is close. My base mouse input sensitivity for 2042 is 56 when converting an in-game sensitivity of 33 from BFV... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :( I have since changed it to 53 because it was a little too fast...FOV is 80.. DPI 1800. In BFV I didn't use ADS or Coeff. I don't use them in 2042 either..

PS - I don't use Coeff because I could never figure out the right setting. What is the best setting for a 38 inch ultrawide at 3840x1600?

Thank you everyone.

Edited by -SiN-acai
  • Wizard
6 hours ago, -SiN-acai said:

I too cannot match my BFV hip fire and aim down sights (right mouse button) sensitivities with BF 2042. I have used the calculator, read all the instructions, this entire forum and am at a loss...

ADS FOV is bugged (or works differently by design) in BF 2042, so you can't use the same settings as in BFV. If you have both USA and ADS FOV Off, you should turn USA on and set it to 100 in BF2042 to match BFV. Try that and see if it helps :)

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Paintballer said:

When you say "USA on and set it to 100" do you mean the coefficient to 100 or the solidier zoom aim sensitivity? What does the latter actually do?

The coefficient. The soldier zoom aim sensitivity is a multiplier to all of the zoom levels. So for example at 50 they will all have twice the 360 distance as when at 100.