Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Battlefield 2042

5 hours ago, KugelmagnetEddie said:

why does it feel so off on some scopes though, i just dont understand.

Did not have these issues with other games. Is it just a battlefield thing? Played the last 2 Call Of Duty Games with a setting of 0% and it just felt absolutely fine on all scopes.

Apart from massive input lag in the game, this is giving me a headache, and i keep checking the forums here if you guys found out anything, but all i see is that its working as intended.

So why does it feel so bad? Placebo? 

I think a better way of approaching this to think like this....if I make a certain movement with my hand, what would I expect the crosshair to do that it is not doing?

If there isn't a reproducible action you can test with a measurable result to arrive a conclusion, the answer lies really within your perception of it. "Placebo" might seem like an insult, but it really isn't, it's a perfectly normal response we are all subject to.

As far as "sensitivity" goes, this is only a small part of "mouse input". The whole sensation of input is dependant on many factors such as the way the animations feel to zoom in and out, how the weapon model moves as you turn left and right in hipfire, whether the camera "eye" is positioned on it's pivot point or slightly behind / forward of it, whether there is a large variance in frame pacing / rate and or low frame rate in general. The change in FOV when aiming vs not, character movement speeds (especially in games where you very rarely aim when perfectly stood still, which is most shooters), and many more factors besides.

All those things play a huge part in your perceived sensation of "aiming" in a game, and you really shouldn't expect a new game to ever feel like a different one exactly, even when they are the same franchise / engine, and you have the same sensitivity calculated (or at least same scaling method).

In short, there should be a period of learning to play the new game somewhat, before you begin to presume there may be something insurmountably wrong with it.

Call of Duty is not a good example to compare other games to in many ways, since it has high / smooth frame rates due to a great dev team in Beenox on the PC side and very consistent mechanics between games in the franchise (much more so than most other franchises that tend to change more fundamentals between titles).

Given that 2042 runs absolutely terribly, that alone will make the input feel awful by comparison, but that is nothing to do with the mouse sensitivity.

Yeah i know, but ive played Battlefield since BF1942 and i never had any issues before. Exept maybe in the BFV Beta that felt a little off too.

If i didnt play a lot of different shooters i would not be that suprised for some scopes to feel so different. But it just seems to be the way it is with this game.

I have to wait and see how it feels when the frame drops get fixed. Its not a good experience over all anyway to that mnight just be the key factor to a better aiming experience. 

@DPI Wizard I figured out why people think the controller settings affect the mouse input at least.

The soldier zoom sens multiplier and ADS FOV etc are obviously global functions that are clearly not "gamepad" settings of course, but because for convenience these are exposed in the controller menu too, players are not realising that they are global functions and not controller stick settings.

This actually make total sense from a code perspective, no point writing two functions that do the same thing of just scaling camera speed by a linear multiplier, but the way it is presented in the UI has confused people into thinking they are gamepad settings.

So it seems DICE just need to update the UI, rather than the mouse input lol

Edited by TheNoobPolice

This text has been translated by machine translation.

I'm not talking about the sensitivity settings, but I've seen on twitter that if you unassign the controller keybinds and the arrow keys on the keyboard, it seems like the viewpoint control is smoother.
I'd like to hear what you guys think about this too.

If you are experiencing delays with the mouse, please try it and let me know what you think.

15 hours ago, nikkaaaa said:

This text has been translated by machine translation.

I'm not talking about the sensitivity settings, but I've seen on twitter that if you unassign the controller keybinds and the arrow keys on the keyboard, it seems like the viewpoint control is smoother.
I'd like to hear what you guys think about this too.

If you are experiencing delays with the mouse, please try it and let me know what you think.

I've encountered delayed mouse movement a couple of times already in 2042. Felt like almost a second of input lag.

Something is very off with this game's mouse input at times.
I encountered this a couple of times already where my mouse had extremely high input lag when moving, although button inputs were fine. Only movement was delayed.
Especially weird in this instance was that the mouse felt like a controller where it accelerates up to a max velocity and stays there.

It happened live on stream and so fortunately I was my handcam along with the game footage. You can see it just suddenly going away and mouse movement was back in sync towards the end.

Then we got this issue as well where getting onto a quad bike and getting off broke the Y-axis. No matter the mouse input, it would only move the x-axis

• Wizard
1 minute ago, b1scu17 said:

I've encountered delayed mouse movement a couple of times already in 2042. Felt like almost a second of input lag.

I get this constantly if I test with 4kHz polling rate or higher (several seconds delay at 8kHz). At 2kHz it was less, but still noticeable. I assume this will be occasionally an issue for lower polling rates as well, I think Dice is aware of the issue and will hopefully fix it in the December update.

3 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I get this constantly if I test with 4kHz polling rate or higher (several seconds delay at 8kHz). At 2kHz it was less, but still noticeable. I assume this will be occasionally an issue for lower polling rates as well, I think Dice is aware of the issue and will hopefully fix it in the December update.

I wonder if DICE is only testing it with serial mice... honestly what kind of quality control is this at DICE :angry:

I've seen that same one during load-in when the CPU is overwhelmed. It also stops you from sprinting properly. A weapon switch seems to make it realise that everything's wrong and it snaps back to life..... Or, just waiting until it's not swamped.

The one where you are trapped in the Y axis is from BC2 at least.

• Wizard
7 minutes ago, philheath said:

i dont understand, all these 2042 streamers are claiming theres still mouse accel and turning off raw mouse input, i dont see any accel and you need to use raw input on

It's absolutely horrible with raw input off, tons of packet loss and acceleration.

22 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Interesting!
What absolutely tilted me was that the one night it started being so delayed and it didn't want to go away.
I quit the game, joined back in and still there.
I rebooted my PC, joined back in and still there.

Just left and came back the next day.

But I won't be having any more issues with BF2042. Fixed all the 2042 performance issues by uninstalling😎

6 hours ago, philheath said:

for people who cant move there mouse left and right, delete the 2042 prosave files in Documents, DICE is down tremendously :'D

The following command will fix it for you:

$path = '\Documents\Battlefield 2042\settings\'; $infile = 'PROFSAVE_Profile'; $outfile = 'PROFSAVE_Profile_Patch3'; Rename-Item $env:USERPROFILE$path$infile $outfile; Get-Content $env:USERPROFILE$path$outfile | Select-String -pattern "ConceptYaw" -notmatch | Out-File -Encoding utf8NoBOM $env:USERPROFILE$path$infile

Just paste that into powershell and hit enter.

It will rename the existing file and otherwise leave it untouched. It will then create a copy of it with the correct name and the broken lines removed. If you use nonstandard bindings you'll need to recreate them but chances are that's all. HTH

On 12/1/2021 at 10:12 PM, b1scu17 said:

It happened live on stream and so fortunately I was my handcam along with the game footage. You can see it just suddenly going away and mouse movement was back in sync towards the end.

I've got more footage of this happening, always at the start of matches. Easy to reset with a weapon-switch or if you're in a vehicle change camera

• Wizard
10 hours ago, CapoFantasma97 said:

How does vehicle sensitivity work? I put it the same as my soldier aim and it's super slow? Also FoV doesn't seem to use the same scale, does it?

They are completely different, but all the land vehicles are in the calculator so you can find the correct sensitivity.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:35 AM, CapoFantasma97 said:

How does vehicle sensitivity work? I put it the same as my soldier aim and it's super slow? Also FoV doesn't seem to use the same scale, does it?

19 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

They are completely different, but all the land vehicles are in the calculator so you can find the correct sensitivity.

Hi @DPI Wizard,

I'm also confused by the Vehicles sensitivity, it calculates ok in Battlefield V and below.

The sense doesn't appear when selecting "All" so I don't have a base to work with like the other games, then select All Vehicles it adds a 0.3 to Sensitivity 1/GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle which doesn't seem to calculate correctly, then is scales out the other vehicle senses way out.

I'm probably over looking something, can you please assist 😁☕

Screenshot 2021-12-06 135551.png

Edited by somemadcaaant
  • Wizard
5 hours ago, somemadcaaant said:

The sense doesn't appear when selecting "All" so I don't have a base to work with like the other games, then select All Vehicles it adds a 0.3 to Sensitivity 1/GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle which doesn't seem to calculate correctly, then is scales out the other vehicle senses way out.

I'm probably over looking something, can you please assist 😁☕

There's nothing that uses just the GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle value, so it's not something that is calculated. In your case you should use the max value of 1.5 to get most of the vehicle sensitivity within range. But they are vastly different from hipfire, so for instance Transport Vehicles will still be out of range.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=ffbc50a6650be94a924bc8fe6f8b10ab

Admin,

I just need to understand something, I don't know if you have explained it already or not as I didn't had the chance to read all posts, is the scope power mean any thing ? for example scope 2 is the double power of scope 1 ? and is scope 4 is 4th time scope 1 ? and so on for the rest of the scope power does the ##X mean anything (in BF 2042)?, I have noticed that you have corrected some the scope powers for example you wrote 7X for the 6X00 and 12X for the 10X does this mean that its 12x the power of 1x ?, in BFV I was setting my Coefficient to 0 and Scope X4 is 4 times the 360 of 1X and I got used to that, but I noticed that it doesn't work here in BF 2042 unless I use Monitor Distance horizontal @ 121.4% with USA and coeficient of 2.9. only this way I can see that the scope power is really relative to their power.

Scope power.JPG

7 hours ago, A_Jasim said:

Admin,

I just need to understand something, I don't know if you have explained it already or not as I didn't had the chance to read all posts, is the scope power mean any thing ? for example scope 2 is the double power of scope 1 ? and is scope 4 is 4th time scope 1 ? and so on for the rest of the scope power does the ##X mean anything (in BF 2042)?, I have noticed that you have corrected some the scope powers for example you wrote 7X for the 6X00 and 12X for the 10X does this mean that its 12x the power of 1x ?, in BFV I was setting my Coefficient to 0 and Scope X4 is 4 times the 360 of 1X and I got used to that, but I noticed that it doesn't work here in BF 2042 unless I use Monitor Distance horizontal @ 121.4% with USA and coeficient of 2.9. only this way I can see that the scope power is really relative to their power.

Scope power.JPG

Games often lie about their zoom magnification amount, BFV had mostly the correct values but in 2042 it zooms in a lot more. I used 0% coefficient in BFV as well and for 2042 the same but increased my sensitivity so that ADS is a bit more mobile.  

Edited by Imposter
  • Wizard
8 hours ago, A_Jasim said:

is the scope power mean any thing ? for example scope 2 is the double power of scope 1 ? and is scope 4 is 4th time scope 1 ?

No, the scope power does not reflect the actual zoom (like they did in BFV).

I have noticed that you have corrected some the scope powers for example you wrote 7X for the 6X00 and 12X for the 10X does this mean that its 12x the power of 1x ?

The 6X and 7X use the same setting, that's why they are noted in parenthesis. The 12X is using the 10X sensitivity setting, the actual 10X I haven't got yet so it's not added.

in BFV I was setting my Coefficient to 0 and Scope X4 is 4 times the 360 of 1X and I got used to that, but I noticed that it doesn't work here in BF 2042

Setting the coefficient to 0 will still scale the scopes according to their FOV exactly like in BFV, but you can't compare the scope powers between the games at all.

19 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Setting the coefficient to 0 will still scale the scopes according to their FOV exactly like in BFV, but you can't compare the scope powers between the games at all.

Thank you for your kind replay, any way that I can measure the exact power for each scope ?, I don't know but I feel setting the coefficient to 0 making ADS kinda slower that it did in BFV. as vertical recoil seems alot higher relative to sensitivity that I got used to on BFV while ADSing, its like I'm playing with ADS field of view OFF while its ON.

I've just checked, its seems that ADS FOV does nothing at all in Mouse.sensitivity.com is this correct ?

As I understand FOV should be 55 in ADS if ADS FOV is off, and should be the one that I set if its ON. and that does has an impact on cm/360 for each sight power but I don't see any changes when making it off or on see screen shot below.

is this a game issue or only in calculations ?.

ADS FOV.png

Edited by A_Jasim
  • Wizard
18 hours ago, A_Jasim said:

Thank you for your kind replay, any way that I can measure the exact power for each scope ?, I don't know but I feel setting the coefficient to 0 making ADS kinda slower that it did in BFV.

The exact power for each scope is listed here:

18 hours ago, A_Jasim said:

I've just checked, its seems that ADS FOV does nothing at all in Mouse.sensitivity.com is this correct ?

ADS FOV only affect scopes with powers 3X and lower.